Formula 1 crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 132 comments
Hoping for a little Alonso first lap magic. Let's get a winner that isn't a Redbull. Might be the most interesting race this season either way. Gotta be better than the last race which was a snoozer.

I still feel like a driver should lose their best lap if they interrupt a session like this.
Not in a million years. Part of pushing hard. Start penalising that and you may as well just not bother.

I'm sure we will now hear Verstappen bleating on about the same thing and how unfair it is, doubly so that his team mate is on pole and Leclerc spun. Can't wait to hear his inevitable tantrum.

Not in a million years. Part of pushing hard. Start penalising that and you may as well just not bother.
That's would be the same equation than in a race. That's part of racing: to flirt with the limit without going beyond.

Well...that was dramatic! As much as I'd like to see Perez win again and beat Max, I really want to see a different team winning....hope Alonso will be able to do something from P2. This race might just be interesting to watch!

Showers are forecasted for tomorrow, but not looking likely for the start of the race. But they'll have to rubber the track in again.

I'm sure we will now hear Verstappen bleating on about the same thing and how unfair it is, doubly so that his team mate is on pole and Leclerc spun. Can't wait to hear his inevitable tantrum.

It doesn’t stop Indy Car drivers from pushing hard.

Verstappen took it on the chin btw.

Speaking of mistakes, I still can't understand how Lewis couldn't workout that aiming squarely at the back of KMags Haas was going to end in a collision. Even my 10 year old daughter said 'he's going to hit him' about 5 seconds before.

I just want to see Alonso on the top step one last time before he retires for good. I can’t even remember the last time he qualified on the front row.

Last edited:
I just want to see Alonso on the top step one last time before he retires for good. I can’t even remember the last time he qualified on the front row.
He started on the front row only three races ago. Green track could help the Green cars as they seem to generate the most downforce on the grid. It would have been great if the season started with high downforce tracks for them as they seem to have an advantage over the rest, only car that seems to have strong points over the Red Bull in the race. This track they seem closer in straight-line speed than usual to the Red Bull so maybe best chance they have to fight with them as usually Red Bull are a lot quicker than them which makes it an impossible fight. Hopefully Fernando pushes a bit more than usual as he seems to take it too easy on beginning of stints giving up a lot of time to the cars in front just so he can have a easier time at the end to be in a strong position.

He started on the front row only three races ago. Green track could help the Green cars as they seem to generate the most downforce on the grid. It would have been great if the season started with high downforce tracks for them as they seem to have an advantage over the rest, only car that seems to have strong points over the Red Bull in the race. This track they seem closer in straight-line speed than usual to the Red Bull so maybe best chance they have to fight with them as usually Red Bull are a lot quicker than them which makes it an impossible fight. Hopefully Fernando pushes a bit more than usual as he seems to take it too easy on beginning of stints giving up a lot of time to the cars in front just so he can have a easier time at the end to be in a strong position.

He was also on the front row last year in the very lousy Alpine by putting in an amazingly brave and well judged wet qualifying performance.

When you start hearing things like "the track is very greasy off the racing line"....that sets things up for a potentially boring race where drivers are not going to attempt any overtakes and they just follow each other.....I really hope I'm wrong

Can't wait to see what they are going to pull off for Las Vegas. I can't imagine them getting any " "cringier" 😂

Back