Formula 1 crypto.com Miami Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 132 comments
His full name is "Ladies Love Cool James".

Suddenly seems a lot more cringe, doesn't it?
Not really

LL Cool J has been a public figure for 35 years and doesn't have a scandal attached to him and is widely respected in music and media ,I know he's nothing but another big scary Black dude to this crowd but it is what it is.

Reddit pissing their pants over the intro even though it was tame compared to the Indy 500 and F1 banned badass military flyovers.

Not really

LL Cool J has been a public figure for 35 years and doesn't have a scandal attached to him and is widely respected in music and media ,I know he's nothing but another big scary Black dude to this crowd but it is what it is.
Pretty sure Florida has black people (although that's not what the guy in the bar in Key West called them to my face, so...) and its population knows who LL Cool J is.

But his chosen stage name is still puckeringly embarrassing.

The driver intros were pretty corny but at least they didn’t butcher the national anthem like Nascar usually does.

Pretty sure Florida has black people (although that's not what the guy in the bar in Key West called them to my face, so...) and its population knows who LL Cool J is.

But his chosen stage name is still puckeringly embarrassing.
Plenty of stage names are puckeringly embarrassing but your attempt to attach a scandal to his name is even more embarrassing.

Plenty of stage names are puckeringly embarrassing but your attempt to attach a scandal to his name is even more embarrassing.
What scandal? I'm making fun of his name. Because it's funny.

It stops right there for me.
That doesn't mean to say it has to be duller than tepid dishwater with tiny lumps of mashed potato floating around in it, on a rainy bank holiday Monday, with the shipping forecast playing on the AM wireless in the background. The build up doesn't change the sporting aspect, there's no reason to push back against it.

It's corny, he's had that name probably longer than you've been alive.
Not unless he adopted it when he was nine (he didn't; he was 16). My age is clearly displayed in my profile.
Plus he's far from the only person with a corny or silly sounding stage name.
And had they been there doing the cringey, I'd be making fun of their name instead.

Seems like all you do is troll these threads for comments about celebrities...

Hmm. Verstappen and Russell on the same bit of circuit...

Looked like one of Magnussen mechanics hurt himself a bit. I think he was touching the wheel when the car drove away

Wonder if Perez is not making a lead because he is managing the tires or he is just not that fast.

I think if Verstappen can pass Perez now, 1st place is a done deal even though the hard tires are looking better.

Latest Posts

Back