FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA 2017Formula 1 

I guess NBCSN felt it was way more important to replay qualifying than to actually show the F2 race this morning. I recorded it, so I didn't quite get up at 6AM to watch it "live", but I did get up shortly after 7 to watch what I thought would be the recording of it! Is it this annoying outside the US to try and watch F2?

Tell me again why the hell do people still want this race at Monza. -_-

Well, high top speeds, Ferrari representation, history, typically lots of overtaking, and great braking demonstrations.

Anyway, Ricciardo definitely had the best pass of the race. Too bad we didn't see a scrap for 3rd from him, and too bad Hamboy took off once again, a sight I've gotten too used to since the start of the domination in 2014...I'm missing Rosberg more and more, at least he put up damn good fights! I don't know what Vottas's problem is, he just seems so passive and inconsistent. "If you want to win, employ a Fin" hasn't applied much since he joined the team. Yeah he won a race, which was great, and he's picked up a lot of 2nd places as well, but not in very inspiring fashion.

Thanks man. I'm thinking I could have played it with google translate open but the crowd might have made it hard to get all of it.

Is it this annoying outside the US to try and watch F2?
My experience with Formula 2 this week-end with Canal + (France):
- At the end of the F1 Qualification, the commentator says "soon, the F2 long race".
- The TV OSD guide says it starts 4 minutes later indeed. But instead of the F2, we got some old documentaries and ads. No onscreen information to explain. Has the race been canceled?
- Shortly after, Canal's twitter wrote, with no excuses, that the race will be broadcast this Sunday at 8:15 am, before GP3 and F2 2nd. I plan a recording at 8:00.
- My recording started as the race was already started: Canal + eventually decided to show the race at 7:33, without warning.

There are kicks in the ass that get lost.

Well, I thought it was a good race, the qualifying was better though! (and longer)

DotD: Lance Stroll

MaDotD (Most annoying driver of the day): Alonso fought hard :sly:, but definitely goes to Kevin Magnussen (holy 🤬 )

Was it me, or did the safety car that was in the back of the field at race start, not a Mercedes, but a Lamborghini?

Trying to find a picture.
The usual Mercedes was there as well, but there was a Lamborghini Huracan:

monza-start.jpg

Possibly because the circuit itself purchased it for races, not the other way around with F1 supplying them?? This is a guess by the way.

I think there are rules on certain tracks that the courses own safety car has to accompany the F1 safety car. I have seen this happen before.

I think that's literally just a PR stunt, Italians love their Lamborghinis, they even have Lamborghini police cars, I've never seen a Ferrari police car (they probably exist, too, but I've never seen one).

I watched the 2nd F2 race earlier today. WOW what a race! What a drastic difference compared to F1. SO much overtaking, and in unusual spots. Also surprising how the hot-shot Leclerc did great at Spa, and other rounds of the championship, yet was way down the order for the Monza race. Reminds me more of MotoGP than F1 in terms of pure racing and competitiveness. This is why I started trying to watch them more over the years, they have nothing to lose, everything to gain. Plus the cars are naturally closer together, so overall they just produce consistently entertaining races.

I watched the 2nd F2 race earlier today. WOW what a race! What a drastic difference compared to F1. SO much overtaking, and in unusual spots. Also surprising how the hot-shot Leclerc did great at Spa, and other rounds of the championship, yet was way down the order for the Monza race. Reminds me more of MotoGP than F1 in terms of pure racing and competitiveness. This is why I started trying to watch them more over the years, they have nothing to lose, everything to gain. Plus the cars are naturally closer together, so overall they just produce consistently entertaining races.

Leclerc was taken out at the end of R1 so had to start near the back for R2.

I guess NBCSN felt it was way more important to replay qualifying than to actually show the F2 race this morning. I recorded it, so I didn't quite get up at 6AM to watch it "live", but I did get up shortly after 7 to watch what I thought would be the recording of it! Is it this annoying outside the US to try and watch F2?
Well, they BADLY botched their first attempt at rebroadcasting qualifying.

I normally DVR and watch later, but with the red flag period (and even an intentional extension of the recording to account for those sorts of things), I got nothing from the first pass.

Their rebroadcast was shown as 11:30pm (my local time) Saturday night, so I set it up to record. And it was rugby........

I'm sure there was some sort of "this is how you get to watch it" on their website, but they really need to sort out the broadcast schedule better than that.

EDK
Well, they BADLY botched their first attempt at rebroadcasting qualifying.

I normally DVR and watch later, but with the red flag period (and even an intentional extension of the recording to account for those sorts of things), I got nothing from the first pass.

Their rebroadcast was shown as 11:30pm (my local time) Saturday night, so I set it up to record. And it was rugby........

I'm sure there was some sort of "this is how you get to watch it" on their website, but they really need to sort out the broadcast schedule better than that.

The rugby's timeslot got pre-empted when qualifying was red-flagged. Vicious circle...

Back