Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 373 comments
I don't think Grosjean is gonna be in that car even at Abu Dhabi.

I've also just remembered that Pietro Fittipaldi and Louis Deletraz are Haas' official reserve drivers. Mazepin, Ilott and Schumacher are fighting for the F2 title next week, Deletraz is also in F2, but Fittipaldi hovers around the paddock not doing much so it could end up being him.

Grosjean just effectively demonstrated what happens if you repeat the accidents that took the lives of François Cevert and Helmuth Koinigg in a modern car, in one take.

Crofty: "A new chassis will be needed in 7 days time..."

*Camera Feed shows Engine cell dangling over a flatbed*

I'm sure it'll buff right out...

The TYPE of barrier isn't the issue, it was the angle of that wall that was the issue. Because of the other layout, that barrier was probably too angled, which is why the cell spun in the barrier after the impact. If he'd hit the next wall at the same angle, he would have been fine.

Any update on Grosjean beside the burns they've mentioned on his hand and feet? Looking at some of the replays, he seems like he was in that fire for quite a while even if it was probably less than a minute

Grosjean just effectively demonstrated what happens if you repeat the accidents that took the lives of François Cevert and Helmuth Koinigg in a modern car, in one take.

It was also a fantastic demonstration of the manoeuvre he did on Hamilton that caused the carnage at the start of Spa 2012.

Any update on Grosjean beside the burns they've mentioned on his hand and feet? Looking at some of the replays, he seems like he was in that fire for quite a while even if it was probably less than a minute
Suspected broken rib

Haas mentioned he has broken ribs.

Apparently it was 16 seconds. Haven't heard anything other than the minor burns so far

So they decided to replace the Steel belts, which were already kinda bad, with....temporary concrete.

I can't help but feel like that's a significantly worse option compared to was there before...
It would be pertinent to put some tyres in front of them at the very least. The groundwork underneath the barriers looked very sandy and mullered.

Well, I make that three of the luckiest escapes I've ever seen in the space of one motorsport year.

I believe that they are only using those concrete blocks to help shape the profile for when they replace the steel barrier since that will save time and simplify the process. I would be shocked if they went back to racing with an actual concrete wall there.

Back