Formula 1 Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 247 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Are you ready for Formula 1's true showing of excess and showmanship? Well if so, welcome to the third trip of the year to the USA as we head down the famous Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. The street circuit looks to be a high-speed blast down past the brightest lights in the world, all on show perfectly for this night race - in a desert - in the Northern Hemisphere - in November. A combination which many are predicting will bring ambient air temps of single-figures in Celsius, with the potential for this to beat the 1978 Canadian Grand Prix as the coldest F1 race of all time. Of course, cold temps and a brand new street circuit with no support races means the F1 cars will have to do all the work to clean the track up, lay down some rubber and hope they don't lose all brake and tyre temps down the super long straights. How garish will the MSG Sphere be? How many times will we hear drivers complaining about tyre temps? How cringe will all the "show" around the race be? We will find out at the LAS VEGAS GRAND PRIX!
1699932682515.png

First Grand Prix
2023​

Number of Laps
50​

Circuit Length
6.201km​

Race Distance
310.05 km​

Lap Record
N/A (N/A)

Oh, and just remember that this race technically starts on a Saturday, Local Time.

Track is only closed after 5 pm local time till 2 am and normal traffic will be back on the streets between FP2 and FP3 + Quali and Race so rubber laydown will potentially be gone after every day/night before the next one starts. There isn't any single support category besides F1.

GMT (Central Europe) times:

• Opening ceremony: Thursday, 3.30am (4:30) (live on Youtube F1 https://www.youtube.com/@Formula1/streams)
  • (Andra Day, Bishop Briggs, J Balvin, Journey, Keith Urban, Steve Aoki, Swedish House Mafia, Thirty Seconds to Mars and will.i.am + the Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil)

• First practice: Friday, 4.30am (5:30 Berlin, Amsterdam, Rome, etc.)
  • Second practice: Friday, 8am (9:00)
  • Third practice: Saturday, 4.30am (5:30)
  • Qualifying: Saturday, 8am (9:00)
  • Race: Sunday, 6am (7:00)

Last edited:
Feel for the drivers, the noise and inevitable media circus that will go on throughout this weekend combined with FP2 ending at 1am Friday morning, then FP3 that same day, qualifying at midnight into Saturday then a 10pm race. Absolutely mental timetable. A red flag or any kind of delay? 2am FP2/qualifying end time. I hope they have a robust sleep schedule.

Feels very much like the F1 is the afterthought.

Last edited:
FP2 ending at 1am Saturday morning, then FP3 that same day, qualifying at midnight into Sunday then a 10pm race
You're a day late [@Tom Brooks]and a dollar short[/Tom Brooks]; the race is at 10pm Saturday, local time :scared:

Last edited:
Initially I wasn't planning on watching this live because the race will start at 1am for me which is an inconvenience. However considering everything (mostly negative if I may add) that I am hearing about this grand prix, I think I'm going to make the sacrifice and watch this live as to not miss any "wtf, cringy, face palm"...I mean "entertaining" moment of this particular grand prix.

Rumor has it, prices for tickets and lodging have plummeted compared to what they were before.

Unsure if I will even bother watching this race. Really wish it started just 2 hours earlier.

I definitely won't be staying up to watch qualifying and most likely the race live. The championships been settled so there isn't much to lose sleep over. The race will be at midnight and there's probably a good chance for a red flag delay.

I'll laugh my ass off if it's too cold to get the tyres to work at all and they do the mandatory laps and call it a race.

I stay up late at night anyway so the start time isn't a problem for me. It's about when Japan and Australia start so it won't be much different than for those races.

I'll laugh my ass off if it's too cold to get the tyres to work at all and they do the mandatory laps and call it a race.
This man suffered through the farce that was a washed out Spa. To see it happen again in an even more embarrassing fashion?

Oh lawd have mercy….

Onboard the safety car.

Is it just me or does that look like really glossy tarmac? I’m sure it’ll have tonnes of grip when cold, right?

Even the safety car looked like it was struggling a bit under braking.

Last edited:
Onboard the safety car.

Is it just me or does that look like really glossy tarmac? I’m sure it’ll have tonnes of grip when cold, right?

Looks like there are patches of water, so I'm guessing they gave it a wetting down to make sure there isn't any oil or debris from several years of poorly maintained tourist traffic. Vegas doesn't get a lot of rain to wash that stuff away normally.

Onboard the safety car.

It was glossy because it was very wet last night after quite a bit of rain during the evening. It'll look nicer once it dries out.

Last edited:
So many iconic locations and you can see precisely some of them thanks to the high fences. Such fences are necessary at circuits like this but obscure or block the scenery that would make it otherwise interesting. As it is, it's a crap Singapore.

That straight really does look like it goes on for miles and miles lol! Honestly assuming they don't shoot themselves in the foot, I cannot see Ferrari not being a solid contender for a win here because this track should really be good for them. Also, maybe it's me but it doesn't look bumpy at all from what I can see?

So many iconic locations and you can see precisely some of them thanks to the high fences. Such fences are necessary at circuits like this but obscure or block the scenery that would make it otherwise interesting. As it is, it's a crap Singapore.
The tv director will solve all of that by focusing on all the iconic locations during overtakes and then switching to all the famous people in the paddock during the rest of the race show.

Back