Formula 1 in GT6

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by TheRaikko, Aug 1, 2012.

1. TheRaikko

TheRaikko

So far in GT5, I had so much fun with Ferrari F1s, but there were only 2 F1 cars, which was really dissapointing for me, will be nice to have full pack of f1 cars...
    Would you like to have it too ?
    and also cars from which f1 season ? (I want from 2008 Season lol :) )

tpark103 and Magic Ayrton like this.
  2. mathieub33

mathieub33

There is a game for that it's called F1 2011 loll..

just had a redbull F1 to GT could be great

Bounkazz likes this.
  3. TheRaikko

TheRaikko

I know there is, But GT6 can make it better and the game will be more much more fun !

4. mathieub33

mathieub33

It's sure they can not create an F1 season... Codemaster have the license... it's the same thing with Nascar ... they can't put all tracks and cars... they are limited

5. avens

avens

classic (ferrari) f1 cars

Bounkazz likes this.
  6. ChicoMaloXD

ChicoMaloXD

Formula nippon. Or just create a blank (P) GT Formula and add livery editor.
    I don't think GT needs F1 licence, I feel must be is too expensive.

7. toolo4sno

toolo4sno

rFactor2 will have some classic F1 cars. I have enjoyed the F1 Ferraris as well. Would have like to continue racing them vs. the FGT, but that is it's own issue.

Continuing the classic race cars already in GT5 would be welcome. Towards F1 would be real nice.

8. MSTER232

MSTER232

But that game is very flawed and is extremely glitchy. I don't blame anyone who would rather see Formula 1 in Gran Turismo 6.

tpark103 and tka_tha like this.
  9. Samus

Samus

Really? Based on what they've done with other big licenses F1 would likely be also wasted. A separate game maybe, but not inside a GT game. Anyway it's not happening, Codemasters have the exclusive license to the current F1 season license for several years more.

10. NABeast

NABeast Premium

I would like for it to happen but I highly doubt it. I would like the return of the GT3 F1 cars,especially the Senna cars...you know they were the fastest! At least more selection,besides colors.

11. Tahli462

Tahli462

Maybe its too much f1 in GT5 is fine already

12. Afrodeezy

Afrodeezy

Very unlikely to happen. Bernie Ecclestone (head honcho of F1) owns all rights to the designs of every F1 car, other then Ferrari for some reason. This is why we only have 2 F1's.

Kaz said in an interview (which I can't find the link to) that PD wanted to put a bunch of F1 cars in GT5, but that the license is just too expensive to acquire and put them in the game.

13. Afrodeezy

Afrodeezy

You, sir, are incorrect. They have the license, but it is not exclusive.

14. MSTER232

MSTER232

Do I have to get video evidence that F1 2011 is glitchy? And as long as PD are sensible I don't think they would waste the F1 license entirely. And if we can't have F1, maybe GP3/GP2?

15. TheRaikko

TheRaikko

GP2 and GP3 will do it, Just GT5 needs some openwheel racing...
    Because some people, like myself will enjoy it very much...
    and just 3 car, are not enough for real fun..

Also I agree, in codemasters F1 there are Downforce bugs, ect ect..

16. MSTER232

MSTER232

I would also like to see more open wheel cars in Gran Turismo, because that is pretty much the only type of cars I drive using the cockpit view along with karts and a few closed cockpit cars where it just feels right.

17. symustafa1996

symustafa1996

Maybe classic F1 cars like some from Team Lotus and Mclaren. I don't know many Ferrari F1 cars that was great.

18. Samus

Samus

No sir, I'm not. The license was very much exclusive when they first acquired it for three games from 2009 to 2011:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/codemasters-snags-f1-licence-6190655
    http://www.1up.com/news/codemasters-acquires-formula-1-license

..and this press release about the latest game after extending that agreement clearly suggests that is still the case:

http://www.codemasters.com/uk/f1rac...r-with-f1-race-stars-from-codemasters-racing/

I'm well aware F1 2011 was not perfect (Neither was GT5 but that's another matter) but it still gave a full replication of a real F1 season with everything in place. PD would never manage that inside a GT game because they get pre-occupied on other things. Like I say a full F1 game from PD could have been interesting but inside GT6 it would have only been a waste of the license based on what we've seen them do with other licenses.

Zuel likes this.
  19. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

Nobody has "exclusive" license to NASCAR games now. NASCAR learned that having one gamin company is not good for the sport. Ferrari F1 cars are in GT5p & GT5 (other games also) because Ferrari is not subject to the strict rules Formula One that the license imposes.

20. The Bman

The Bman Premium

They should have older F1 cars with different names, like they did in GT3. It's not too hard to make imitations of race cars. Really, it's not.

21. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

Bring these back from GT3! And I dont care if they wont make it in premium!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bounkazz, Zuel, GTboyz and 15 others like this.
  22. Qeki

Qeki

I would like to see old f1 cars from 70's and 80's
    it would be cool :)

23. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

There should be 25+ Polyphony Digital F1 cars spanning the history grand prix racing, then with a livery creator -- F1 in Gran Turismo would be sorted.

24. sunjeev

sunjeev

My god, I would pay anything to have the F1 cars from GT3 in the next GT.

I'm hoping at the very least that PD make a premium version of their F1 car, that way it would look amazing and because of the colour variations it would be like having a full grid of F1 cars.

sayba2th likes this.
  25. Nero9

Nero9

They have access to the Ferrari F1, right? With a livery editor putting in anymore F1's is pointless.

"NOT ALL F1'Z HÄNDL DA SAEM!!!11one"

Who cares? At least you have equal chances.

26. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

And who are you imitating?

Anyway. I'd love to paint an F1 cars in GT5! Its my sort-of-hobby to make replicas with paint tools in games. Why not Paint a Ferrari into John Players's 1972 JPS Lotus? It may not look exactly like the JPS Lotus, but it would still look cool. Oh wait, i just realized that GT5 also have Lotus! No need to make JP's JPS! Oh well. Oh! And they have Ford! Guess they should put in that Tyrell Then.

27. NFSCARBON1

NFSCARBON1

If Sony get the F1 licence again, then let PD make it based on GT6. Then make it so that if you own and have installed both GT6 and F1 20XX you can play the F1 game using the GT6 disk (in the same way add on packs work on a PC game).

Seeing as that's unlikely PD should add some classic F1 cars to the game. They have existing licences with Ferrari, McLaren, Honda, Toyota, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes, Ford, Jaguar and BMW and with various buy outs and takeovers, these manufacturers probably own the rights to many other F1 teams (e.g Mercedes GP-Brawn-Honda (who PD also have a licence with)-BAR-Tyrrel. Lotus-Renault-Benneton-Toleman.)

If this can't happen either, PD could add the F1 replica's from GT3 (a standard open cockpit like the FGT would suffice for these cars) or even get a licence for the BOSS GP series (Classic F1, Indycar, CART, GP2, F5000 etc all racing each other).

28. The Bman

The Bman Premium

You do know that this probably won't work since Polyphony Digital and Codemasters are two different developers.

29. Samus

Samus

Ferrari would NEVER allow their F1 cars to be repainted with other F1 liveries.

30. The Bman

The Bman Premium

Livery Editor + Formula Gran Turismo = Instant F1, just add water.

GTboyz and MrYasser like this.