Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
Georgia
Tbilisi
N6KimiRaikkonen
So far in GT5, I had so much fun with Ferrari F1s, but there were only 2 F1 cars, which was really dissapointing for me, will be nice to have full pack of f1 cars...
Would you like to have it too ?
and also cars from which f1 season ? (I want from 2008 Season lol :) )

It's sure they can not create an F1 season... Codemaster have the license... it's the same thing with Nascar ... they can't put all tracks and cars... they are limited

Formula nippon. Or just create a blank (P) GT Formula and add livery editor.
I don't think GT needs F1 licence, I feel must be is too expensive.

rFactor2 will have some classic F1 cars. I have enjoyed the F1 Ferraris as well. Would have like to continue racing them vs. the FGT, but that is it's own issue.

Continuing the classic race cars already in GT5 would be welcome. Towards F1 would be real nice.

But that game is very flawed and is extremely glitchy. I don't blame anyone who would rather see Formula 1 in Gran Turismo 6.

Really? Based on what they've done with other big licenses F1 would likely be also wasted. A separate game maybe, but not inside a GT game. Anyway it's not happening, Codemasters have the exclusive license to the current F1 season license for several years more.

I would like for it to happen but I highly doubt it. I would like the return of the GT3 F1 cars,especially the Senna cars...you know they were the fastest! At least more selection,besides colors.

Very unlikely to happen. Bernie Ecclestone (head honcho of F1) owns all rights to the designs of every F1 car, other then Ferrari for some reason. This is why we only have 2 F1's.

Kaz said in an interview (which I can't find the link to) that PD wanted to put a bunch of F1 cars in GT5, but that the license is just too expensive to acquire and put them in the game.

Really? Based on what they've done with other big licenses F1 would likely be also wasted. A separate game maybe, but not inside a GT game. Anyway it's not happening, Codemasters have the exclusive license to the current F1 season license for several years more.

Do I have to get video evidence that F1 2011 is glitchy? And as long as PD are sensible I don't think they would waste the F1 license entirely. And if we can't have F1, maybe GP3/GP2?

Do I have to get video evidence that F1 2011 is glitchy? And as long as PD are sensible I don't think they would waste the F1 license entirely. And if we can't have F1, maybe GP3/GP2?
GP2 and GP3 will do it, Just GT5 needs some openwheel racing...
Because some people, like myself will enjoy it very much...
and just 3 car, are not enough for real fun..

Also I agree, in codemasters F1 there are Downforce bugs, ect ect..

GP2 and GP3 will do it, Just GT5 needs some openwheel racing...
Because some people, like myself will enjoy it very much...
and just 3 car, are not enough for real fun..

Also I agree, in codemasters F1 there are Downforce bugs, ect ect..

I would also like to see more open wheel cars in Gran Turismo, because that is pretty much the only type of cars I drive using the cockpit view along with karts and a few closed cockpit cars where it just feels right.

You, sir, are incorrect. They have the license, but it is not exclusive.

No sir, I'm not. The license was very much exclusive when they first acquired it for three games from 2009 to 2011:

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/codemasters-snags-f1-licence-6190655
http://www.1up.com/news/codemasters-acquires-formula-1-license

..and this press release about the latest game after extending that agreement clearly suggests that is still the case:

http://www.codemasters.com/uk/f1rac...r-with-f1-race-stars-from-codemasters-racing/

Coming this holiday season for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and PC, F1 RACE STARS is now in production at Codemasters Racing Studios in Birmingham, UK, the home of the BAFTA award-winning series of Official FORMULA ONE games, and is being created under exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One World Championship Limited.

I'm well aware F1 2011 was not perfect (Neither was GT5 but that's another matter) but it still gave a full replication of a real F1 season with everything in place. PD would never manage that inside a GT game because they get pre-occupied on other things. Like I say a full F1 game from PD could have been interesting but inside GT6 it would have only been a waste of the license based on what we've seen them do with other licenses.

mathieub33
It's sure they can not create an F1 season... Codemaster have the license... it's the same thing with Nascar ... they can't put all tracks and cars... they are limited

Nobody has "exclusive" license to NASCAR games now. NASCAR learned that having one gamin company is not good for the sport. Ferrari F1 cars are in GT5p & GT5 (other games also) because Ferrari is not subject to the strict rules Formula One that the license imposes.

They should have older F1 cars with different names, like they did in GT3. It's not too hard to make imitations of race cars. Really, it's not.

Bring these back from GT3! And I dont care if they wont make it in premium!

F686M.jpg

F687s.jpg

poly002.jpg

001.jpg

F094H.jpg

f094s.jpg

F090S.jpg

F688S.jpg]

F688S.jpg]

F688S.jpg

There should be 25+ Polyphony Digital F1 cars spanning the history grand prix racing, then with a livery creator -- F1 in Gran Turismo would be sorted.

My god, I would pay anything to have the F1 cars from GT3 in the next GT.

I'm hoping at the very least that PD make a premium version of their F1 car, that way it would look amazing and because of the colour variations it would be like having a full grid of F1 cars.

They have access to the Ferrari F1, right? With a livery editor putting in anymore F1's is pointless.

"NOT ALL F1'Z HÄNDL DA SAEM!!!11one"

Who cares? At least you have equal chances.

They have access to the Ferrari F1, right? With a livery editor putting in anymore F1's is pointless.

And who are you imitating?

Anyway. I'd love to paint an F1 cars in GT5! Its my sort-of-hobby to make replicas with paint tools in games. Why not Paint a Ferrari into John Players's 1972 JPS Lotus? It may not look exactly like the JPS Lotus, but it would still look cool. Oh wait, i just realized that GT5 also have Lotus! No need to make JP's JPS! Oh well. Oh! And they have Ford! Guess they should put in that Tyrell Then.

If Sony get the F1 licence again, then let PD make it based on GT6. Then make it so that if you own and have installed both GT6 and F1 20XX you can play the F1 game using the GT6 disk (in the same way add on packs work on a PC game).

Seeing as that's unlikely PD should add some classic F1 cars to the game. They have existing licences with Ferrari, McLaren, Honda, Toyota, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes, Ford, Jaguar and BMW and with various buy outs and takeovers, these manufacturers probably own the rights to many other F1 teams (e.g Mercedes GP-Brawn-Honda (who PD also have a licence with)-BAR-Tyrrel. Lotus-Renault-Benneton-Toleman.)

If this can't happen either, PD could add the F1 replica's from GT3 (a standard open cockpit like the FGT would suffice for these cars) or even get a licence for the BOSS GP series (Classic F1, Indycar, CART, GP2, F5000 etc all racing each other).

If Sony get the F1 licence again, then let PD make it based on GT6. Then make it so that if you own and have installed both GT6 and F1 20XX you can play the F1 game using the GT6 disk (in the same way add on packs work on a PC game.)

You do know that this probably won't work since Polyphony Digital and Codemasters are two different developers.

Ferrari would NEVER allow their F1 cars to be repainted with other F1 liveries.

Back