Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
Would be very nice to have all the F1 cars and all the tracks! Hopefully PD gets the F1 license because codemasters is doing a shoddy job! F1 2013 doesn't release until the end of December! With the season already being over by then people will be thinking about the 2014 season! R U kidding me!!!

Would be very nice to have all the F1 cars and all the tracks! Hopefully PD gets the F1 license because codemasters is doing a shoddy job! F1 2013 doesn't release until the end of December! With the season already being over by then people will be thinking about the 2014 season! R U kidding me!!!
Forget about F1 licence, what PD could do right now, is adding those standard model from GT3. You remember the old Formula cars?

Forget about F1 licence, what PD could do right now, is adding those standard model from GT3. You remember the old Formula cars?

I loved the F686/M personally. 👍

rockon.gif

And maybe some WTCC cars from this or previous years.

F1 license ? No. The title GT says GranTurismo, some historic F1 cars would be nice, but it's not what GT stands for. I'm more interested in competitions like V8 Superstars.

F1 license ? No. The title GT says GranTurismo, some historic F1 cars would be nice, but it's not what GT stands for. I'm more interested in competitions like V8 Superstars.

How is it not what GT stands for, yet other racing series are?

There is a reason they can't have those cars in the game anymore just like certain other cars. You can't model a car that takes image of an already created car and then give it a made up name and call it a day. That's not safe business practice and obviously requires a license hence why there were taken away from us. So it's safe to say there is no forget about F1 licenses and we just lost the last 2 F1 cars we got which I'd like to know why.

Obviously if not a FOM license it would still need an agreement from the teams that own them like Williams, Lotus and McLaren.

Nascars aren't GT's. They are a breed all to themselves. Whats the diff? F1 or Nascar. Alot of us are F1 lovers and race online. Just not enough cars for variety in races. Formula GT and a couple Ferraris. Betcha PD would love to have the license!

There is a reason they can't have those cars in the game anymore just like certain other cars. You can't model a car that takes image of an already created car and then give it a made up name and call it a day. That's not safe business practice and obviously requires a license hence why there were taken away from us. So it's safe to say there is no forget about F1 licenses and we just lost the last 2 F1 cars we got which I'd like to know why.

Obviously if not a FOM license it would still need an agreement from the teams that own them like Williams, Lotus and McLaren.

They could make a generic 1980s version of the Formula GT though. Doesn't have to be an exact copy of anything, just give it low DF, low grip slick tires, a turbo V6 with 900+HP, and a generic body shape. I think a lot of people would be happy with that. :D

They could make a generic 1980s F1 car like the Formula GT though. Doesn't have to be an exact copy of anything, just give it low DF, low grip slick tires, a turbo V6 with 900+HP, and a generic body shape. I think a lot of people would be happy with that. :D

Yeah and I asked why they couldn't do that several post ago on this thread so...

I've also asked why we can't get WSR 3.5 even with the Nissan partnership. Or why there is no better pull with RBR cars even though they have yet again...the Nissan Partnership.:confused:

Yeah and I asked why they couldn't do that several post ago on this thread so...

I've also asked why we can't get WSR 3.5 even with the Nissan partnership. Or why there is no better pull with RBR cars even though they have yet again...the Nissan Partnership.:confused:

:lol:

I dunno, but maybe they can't have more than one type of Formula/GP car on track at once? Maybe that's why we got the Auto Union Streamliner in GT4 instead of the GP variant.

How is it not what GT stands for, yet other racing series are?

Your point would make sense if PD removed FGT, which is clearly inspired by 2003/2005 Formula 1's design. But they didn't. Oh and Reiza Studios included Formula Armaroli in their Game Stockcar game without paying any fee to McLaren or nano-Bernie.
f_armaroli_side_titled.png

Your point would make sense if PD removed FGT, which is clearly inspired by 2003/2005 Formula 1's design. But they didn't. Oh and Reiza Studios included Formula Armaroli in their Game Stockcar game without paying any fee to McLaren or nano-Bernie.
f_armaroli_side_titled.png
No it's not, the FGT aero wise is a culmination of cars from 2002-2008 really, and the rules changed so frequently between those times that it's hard to know when. It seems you are reading the description from GT on the car, but the nose cone and front wing alone don't match up to the rules given by the FIA in any of the suggested years. No cars ran such an engine at that time either since the V10 was mandatory and then later the V8 era from 2006 to the final year of now. The size of the V12 that was used seems to fall in line with the 043 Ferrari from 93 or 94 can't quite remember, but the rpm range is 3,000 higher and no V12 ever got to 18k as far as I know. The V12s also didn't have pneumatic valves as pioneered and evolution by Renault so...

Then you have all the electronic aids that any diehard fan would know were long gone from F1 by the years suggested. No one has anti-lock or electronic disk brakes, traction control, active suspension, launch control had also been killed off long ago too.

That rendering looks like a Hodge podge of MP4s from the late 80s to early 90s not just one, so that is obviously how they got around it. GTs issue is they actually modeled real life F1 cars, the FGT isn't based off one car. So you're quite off base with your assessment.

There really isn't any point in finding out what year its based on because its a complete concept of its own.

It clearly has the design ranging from as early as 1995-2004, having pretty much all features of F1 cars through those years.

No it's not, the FGT aero wise is a culmination of cars from 2002-2008 really, and the rules changed so frequently between those times that it's hard to know when. It seems you are reading the description from GT on the car, but the nose cone and front wing alone don't match up to the rules given by the FIA in any of the suggested years. No cars ran such an engine at that time either since the V10 was mandatory and then later the V8 era from 2006 to the final year of now. The size of the V12 that was used seems to fall in line with the 043 Ferrari from 93 or 94 can't quite remember, but the rpm range is 3,000 higher and no V12 ever got to 18k as far as I know. The V12s also didn't have pneumatic valves as pioneered and evolution by Renault so...

Then you have all the electronic aids that any diehard fan would know were long gone from F1 by the years suggested. No one has anti-lock or electronic disk brakes, traction control, active suspension, launch control had also been killed off long ago too.
Do you realize you are missing the point by roughly 1.245.239 miles? And it doesn't change anything if it's inspired by 2002-2008 F1's or 2003/2005 because we are still talking about a fictional formula car inspired by F1's.

That rendering looks like a Hodge podge of MP4s from the late 80s to early 90s not just one, so that is obviously how they got around it. GTs issue is they actually modeled real life F1 cars, the FGT isn't based off one car. So you're quite off base with your assessment.
I'm not sure that's the problem just look at United Racing Design. Their cars are 2013 DTM cars with other names, yet they are selling them without any problem as far as I know.

http://www.unitedracingdesign.com/#!renders/c222r

Most likely from 2002-2004 as that's when the FGT was created. Not 2008.

The FGT still has the pointy pointed downward front nose.

I'm saying 2008 it the last year of the aero pieces that stuck out like that hence 2002-2008, also it could have been updated to some degree, if you look at the front wing end plates between now and GT5 you'll see they're different. I never said it was model off of 2008 alone obviously but if you wish to skew wording.

Yeah because all F1 cars in that time span had a narrow cylindrical front nose like that.

image211.jpg

^ This doesn't look like these
f1.jpg
big_107334.jpg
c_renault_r22_11.JPG
Jarno_Trulli_2003.jpg
alexanderwurz_mclaren-mercedes_mp4-18_2003.jpg
1209-9.jpg

As you can see the nose isn't similar to any of these and really fits more with what was seen in the early to mid 90s.

I'd say the Tyrell fits the mold in the front better than any car from the suggested year.
Tyrrell_020_front-left_2012_Japan.jpg

Do you realize you are missing the point by roughly 1.245.239 miles? And it doesn't change anything if it's inspired by 2002-2008 F1's or 2003/2005 because we are still talking about a fictional formula car inspired by F1's.

Actually if anything you've missed the point. You suggested that the GT3 cars should be able to be in the game since the FGT. However, that is wrong be the GT3 f1 cars are real life cars and PD knows so and that is why the purposely changed the name to not conflict with trademarked brands such as Lotus, Mclaren and Williams. This is how they got around the license issue but in today's world Video games can do that unless you make a complete fictitious car thus the FGT, which is not based on any one year of F1, but a full out attempt to make an F1 car with no restrictions to a budget. So in theory it is the first real X car from PD, before they brought on Adrian Newey and told him, instead of no budget limit, do it with no restriction limit as well.

Once again the point is the FGT is PD's car and that alone. The F686/M, is
Nigel Mansell's 1986 Williams FW11 that PD didn't ask if they could model and license. If they did was rockstar does with GTA (which is like the FGT), this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure that's the problem just look at United Racing Design. Their cars are 2013 DTM cars with other names, yet they are selling them without any problem as far as I know.

Well I never heard of the groups before hand, and my point is it seems they are changing the design enough to not have to worry about license issues, that is the point.

Last edited:
Urgh whatever.

I want to hear the miss-firing system that they use on high performance cars. That crackle crackle BOOM you get when the car lets off the throttle.

That explain a lot of things...

Well DTM is different from F1 and not even owned by the same group, so why you brought it up is beyond me. That is why I didn't address it. It also still holds my point on F1 and GT.

Decals are different is obviously missing but it's hard to shape differences between real Audi DTM 2013 and Aura T5 by United Racing Design.

Audi-RS5_DTM_2013_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

It's not hard to do with enough imagination, and once again there may be a loop hole or DTM doesn't care nearly as much PCars also had DTM models of a different name but were clearly BMW and Audi. So obviously it is something with the auto racing group.

Last edited:
Well DTM is different from F1 and not even owned by the same group, so why you brought it up is beyond me. That is why I didn't address it. It also still holds my point on F1 and GT.
If that's the case I don't know why you brought up the nose argument posting random F1 images. We don't need that to realize FGT is a fictional car, yet inspired by F1's.
It's not hard to do with enough imagination
What?

and once again there may be a loop hole or DTM doesn't care nearly as much PCars also had DTM models of a different name but were clearly BMW and Audi. So obviously it is something with the auto racing group.
I highly doubt DTM doesn't care since they are out with an official videogame by SimBin right now.
But let's consider your point valid for a moment, who is stopping PD from adding a fictional Formula 3? Why rF2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, pCars, etc etc.. have several kind of Formula cars (F1, Indy, F3, GP2ish, Vintage, etc) and GT boasting the "1200 cars" thing only have one?

If that's the case I don't know why you brought up the nose argument posting random F1 images. We don't need that to realize FGT is a fictional car.

Obviously you did, you said that if the GT3 F1 cars were taken away due to a license issue, then so should the FGT since it was based on cars from then. I then proved that it was not the case and that the FGT is it's own car and you now seem to realize that it is fictional and doesn't qualify in the same light as say the F040/s or F686/m for example.

I highly doubt DTM doesn't care since they are out with an official videogame by SimBin right now.
But let's consider your point valid for a moment, who is stopping PD from adding a fictional Formula 3? Why rF2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, pCars, etc etc.. have several kind of Formula cars (F1, Indy, F3, GP2ish, Vintage, etc) and GT boasting the "1200 cars" thing only have one?

I'm not saying DTM don't care, I laid it out for you that it could be a number of things that differ from F1 licenses but we just don't know.

IRacing has the license, rF2 also got license but opened up to mods as they've been known for which are hard to regulate, Assetto Corsa went and got the license. PCars does have some license and doesn't on Formula cars but has made their own version of them. I don't disagree with the issues, GT has, it's funny how quickly you forget that I'm probably one of the most critical writers on here regarding GT, yet to link every issue with the game to them all the time isn't reality. Issues like livery editor, sound, damage realism and so on are massive issues with PD, trying to obtain and utilize licenses is a two way street.

Nothing is stopping PD from adding a fictional F3 car I just asked and have asked why PD aren't doing this, perhaps you missed that. Let me guess if I'm not critical all the time like you are of PD then obviously I'm super PD fan, you've had many issues with complaining with in reasonable limits and it shows here. The F3, WRS 3.5 are reasonable to ask about for sure, but to complain and say that it isn't a license issue with the old GT3 F1 cars because you think PD don't care obviously shows a chip on your shoulder.

Oh and all this silly wall of text and calling out deliberately forgetting the Formula Armaroli which looks like a McLaren from end 80's early 90's. I could ask you since you like posting photo of random F1 cars to provide all those design differences between Senna's McLaren and Formula Armaroli. But I couldn't care less now. All saturday afternoon wasting time with LMSCorvetteGT2 no thanks really. I'm done.

Oh one last thing before I go, let's play "guess the car" game.
317444_101504206060327q7ak.jpg

Last edited:
I think having all f1 cars in game is a step to far, one or two from the best eras. Like this years RB, renault v10, ferrari triple winner, senna mclaren etc the greats and we no bernie can be paid off lol.

Oh and all this silly wall of text and calling out deliberately forgetting the Formula Armaroli which looks like a McLaren from end 80's early 90's. I could ask you since you like posting photo of random F1 cars to provide all those design differences between Senna's McLaren and Formula Armaroli. But I couldn't care less now. All saturday afternoon wasting time with LMSCorvetteGT2 no thanks really. I'm done.

Oh one last thing before I go, let's play "guess the car" game.
317444_101504206060327q7ak.jpg

It's based on either the STR5 or the RB6 to some degree, though like I said it has been tweaked to not match exactly. The turning vanes don't have the mirrors on them, the engine cowl is much bigger than as well with some rear wind differences too.

Either way you still haven't addressed what you were wrong in and thus now you wish to back out to save face.

Back