Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
F1 in GT is the latest representation and nothing more than a throw away idea. It's poorly implemented, under supported and is a million miles away from the core ethos of GT. So honestly no I'm not bothered about it not being in the game at all.

F1 in GT is the latest representation and nothing more than a throw away idea. It's poorly implemented, under supported and is a million miles away from the core ethos of GT. So honestly no I'm not bothered about it not being in the game at all.

The idea of Gran Turismo is to include as much motorsport divisions as possible. Reason why Rally (also poorly implemented) hasn't left since GT2.
Same with the open wheel formula cars. We can clearly see they want these cars in the game. Reason why we saw them first in GT3 and the birth of a Monaco lookalike circuit.

Formula 1 is the pinnacle of all motorsport. It should be represented in some way in GT series of any other game that tries to recreate several motorsport aspects.

All this talk with licences and the ferrari formula cars reminded me of something. I do not wish to deviate from the main topic, however, I must share my thoughts on this.

On this thread, user tankuroded has noticed a copyright text found in Gran Turismo 3 (first game in the series to recreate formula cars) in regards F1.

There is a Psygnosis copyright in the Route 5 Wet event picture. Go to Simulation Mode, Go Race, Rally Events and highlight Super Special Route 5 (Wet) or Super Special Route 5 (Wet) II. If you look closely, below the SUPERSPECIAL text there is a Psygnosis copyright for a F1 game. It reads:

(C) 1999 Psygnosis Ltd. Developed by Studio 33 (UK) Ltd. Psygonsis and the Psygnosis logo are [tm] or (R) of Psygnosis Ltd. An official product of the FIA Formula One World Championship. Licensed by Formula One Administration Ltd.

Anyone noticing that? I just noticed this. :)

What's your theories guys?

Also, notice that having the correct licence does not always makes it better. We have had several rally cars in the series without a single penny wasted on a WRC licence. Comes GT5 and all they get is permission to use names of drives and official WRC marks.

Well, Psygnosis were the holders of the Formula 1 license before they became Studio Liverpool. Any representation of Formula 1 cars would have to be have been through them I imagine. Codemasters currently hold the F1 license so I imagine any representation of F1 would have to be 'inoffensive' to them. Keep an eye out for licensing on Forza's Lotus.

However, that is a very strange thing considering it's about Rally.

The idea of Gran Turismo is to include as much motorsport divisions as possible. Reason why Rally (also poorly implemented) hasn't left since GT2.
Same with the open wheel formula cars. We can clearly see they want these cars in the game. Reason why we saw them first in GT3 and the birth of a Monaco lookalike circuit.

Formula 1 is the pinnacle of all motorsport. It should be represented in some way in GT series of any other game that tries to recreate several motorsport aspects.

All this talk with licences and the ferrari formula cars reminded me of something. I do not wish to deviate from the main topic, however, I must share my thoughts on this.

On this thread, user tankuroded has noticed a copyright text found in Gran Turismo 3 (first game in the series to recreate formula cars) in regards F1.

What's your theories guys?

Also, notice that having the correct licence does not always makes it better. We have had several rally cars in the series without a single penny wasted on a WRC licence. Comes GT5 and all they get is permission to use names of drives and official WRC marks.

For me, GT is about real life road cars, starting with that 80s banger, doing her up and progressing up the ladder till you hit the pinnacle of those cars, like rally cars or JGTC, or DTM etc. The game loses it at the prototype LM stage and F1 in my opinion. Because GT has only 1 F1 car not the full season or points or qualifying it's like an add on to say its there but without any real substance to it being there...

For me, GT is about real life road cars, starting with that 80s banger, doing her up and progressing up the ladder till you hit the pinnacle of those cars, like rally cars or JGTC, or DTM etc. The game loses it at the prototype LM stage and F1 in my opinion. Because GT has only 1 F1 car not the full season or points or qualifying it's like an add on to say its there but without any real substance to it being there...

True. I wouldnt want to omit the cars but, the addition of Formula Fords could at least make it feel like progression of an open-wheeled ladder system.

Hey, maybe someone can start leagues where you start in Karts for one "season". Then, maybe the MX5 TC next season. CATERHAM's next. X-Bow-s next. Light Car Company Rockets next. Then, Formula GT cars.

Last edited:
Not sure what you're talking about, it sounded quite good to me. For sure much, much better than the F10 and F2007 in GT5.

It doesn't sound anything like the real version, Forza does sounds pretty well in my opinion but the car doesn't sound like it should on board game wise to real life. So...

Edit: Bit of hyperbole but I should better say that it sounds not as high pitched, and since it is on the Mulsanne Straight, it should easily be in the high rev range if not hitting the limiter as they usually do. The FM car has a bit deeper of a sound.

Well, Psygnosis were the holders of the Formula 1 license before they became Studio Liverpool. Any representation of Formula 1 cars would have to be have been through them I imagine. Codemasters currently hold the F1 license so I imagine any representation of F1 would have to be 'inoffensive' to them. Keep an eye out for licensing on Forza's Lotus.

However, that is a very strange thing considering it's about Rally.

r.i.p. studio liverpool :(

I guess Forza got the Lotus because MS is sponsoring the team. I really hope Kimi prevents them from getting his car/helmet!

Its tough to imagine this game without F1, Gran Turismo has never had the full on season or points or quali rules for any type of racing that I can remember. Super GT has been the closest they've come but even that does not mean they have all the current cars (or any current cars), points system, or quali system.

When they included Nascar, they only had one Nascar track (2 if you include past Nascar tracks like Suzuka). Out of what, 30+ Nascar tracks out there....so the game is not a franchise for specific series, there an all in one where they do a little bit of each.

r.i.p. studio liverpool :(

I guess Forza got the Lotus because MS is sponsoring the team. I really hope Kimi prevents them from getting his car/helmet!
Indeed. Forever a fan of WipEout, their best work in my opinion.

I didn't see this before, my bad, PD say their going to add Senna's "content" with online updates after release....presumably free. So I think we'll get some F1 stuff as long as their not lying.

I didn't see this before, my bad, PD say their going to add Senna's "content" with online updates after release....presumably free. So I think we'll get some F1 stuff as long as their not lying.
Free?:lol: I wouldn't be surprised if the Senna content was actually the most expensive of all the DLC...I would bet on it in fact. :gtpflag:

There is a game for that it's called F1 2011 loll..

just had a redbull F1 to GT could be great

I'm really getting sick an tired of this response to a reasonable complaint. The F1 series from Codemasters on PS3 is garbage. And remind me why a game made for driving enthusiasts shouldn't have open wheel race cars in them.

PD really screwed the pooch on this one. I don't care about licensed F1 cars. It would be nice, but not a necessity. Just make open wheel race cars from every era in the same vane as the FGT.

Unless they get in gear on this; GT5 will be the last for me.

I'm of the opinion that there shouldn't be open-wheelers in GT games
It's not a popular opinion, I know :)

Why? I don't understand the mentality. Is it the Grand Touring part? If that is the case 80% of the cars in the game shouldn't be there.

Its tough to imagine this game without F1, Gran Turismo has never had the full on season or points or quali rules for any type of racing that I can remember. Super GT has been the closest they've come but even that does not mean they have all the current cars (or any current cars), points system, or quali system.

When they included Nascar, they only had one Nascar track (2 if you include past Nascar tracks like Suzuka). Out of what, 30+ Nascar tracks out there....so the game is not a franchise for specific series, there an all in one where they do a little bit of each.

Why's that? Its like 1 event out of 60 that most casual players won't have unlocked and are extremely likely to have not won. I have never even bothered with FGT and I've been playing GT since the beginning.

Sure some people use it but im going to guesstimate that 70% of people loathe the FGT championship event.

FF, FR, 4WD, MR categories are core to GT. FGT is like the ugly stepsister who is only on the family photo to make up the numbers and show she was there.

For me any many of my friends they wouldn't even notice if FGT was removed from GT6 let alone worry about lack of F1 additions.

In GT5 the FGT was poorly set up, so it handled like a dog. Hopefully in GT6 it's better.
In GT5 I spent most of my time offline hotlapping the Ferrari F1's. I can't comment on F1 2013 but the other F1 games from codemasters haven't really impressed me. If there are no F1 cars it will be a big blow for me, but I'll still buy GT6.

In GT5, I must use my dualshock controller when driving an F1 car instead of my logitech wheel, because I just can't rotate the wheel fast enough because of the 900 degree steering angle. in a real F1 car, it is much less effort to steer the car to the maximum left or right, so I hope there will be an option for this.

Why's that? Its like 1 event out of 60 that most casual players won't have unlocked and are extremely likely to have not won. s.
F1 is the biggest championship in the world, that's why! Plus PD has advertised a partnership with the Senna institute, so if they didn't include F1 cars it would be false advertising and really there's a piece missing from a game that has every imaginable car apart from F1.... Not to mention the terrible wheel support & glitches/bugs Codemasters games have had...

But I'm not going to continue with you as I think your probably trolling me...

Bring these back from GT3! And I dont care if they wont make it in premium!

F686M.jpg

F687s.jpg

poly002.jpg

001.jpg

F094H.jpg

f094s.jpg

F090S.jpg

F688S.jpg]

F688S.jpg]

F688S.jpg

oh my god!! I never got a chance to play GT3 and 4 since I never owned a PS2 but WOW it looks like I DEFINITELY missed out on this!!! That's incredible!

oh my god!! I never got a chance to play GT3 and 4 since I never owned a PS2 but WOW it looks like I DEFINITELY missed out on this!!! That's incredible!

You did. But you could only race like 6 or 8 guys on one track. So it was not exactly always a full grid haha! But man the visuals even back then are still very good! You certainly missed out haha! And to be honest just the gameplay offline is one thousand times better than GT5. Its like an adventure.

I commented about this in another thread (as I didnt see this one, so I'm probably being blasted in the other tread as we speak) But what would people say to getting the Indy car licence if F1 is too pricey or simply unavailable?

I think it would bring a whole new racing series to the online and be a great partner for the Nascar licence

In GT5, I must use my dualshock controller when driving an F1 car instead of my logitech wheel, because I just can't rotate the wheel fast enough because of the 900 degree steering angle. in a real F1 car, it is much less effort to steer the car to the maximum left or right, so I hope there will be an option for this.

Actually, you can decrease the degrees of rotation down to 240 degrees, and three other options in between, it does make driving the F1 cars way better.

You can check it out how to do it on Logitech wheels here here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

I commented about this in another thread (as I didnt see this one, so I'm probably being blasted in the other tread as we speak) But what would people say to getting the Indy car licence if F1 is too pricey or simply unavailable?

I think it would bring a whole new racing series to the online and be a great partner for the Nascar licence
Indycar or Super Formula or World Series by Renault (Formula Renault 3.5) would all be great content and decent sidestep alternatives, but it wouldn't quite replace F1 or take F1 off the mind.

Fgt is all well and good but why not different vesions inuding an f3 and formula ford/renault equivalent. With development parts so it doesnt look so old. New f1 cars are flat and flowing not so curved, plus more fins.

Fgt is all well and good but why not different vesions inuding an f3 and formula ford/renault equivalent. With development parts so it doesnt look so old. New f1 cars are flat and flowing not so curved, plus more fins.
It would be an excellent Idea to include a Formula GT "B" car and a "C" car to denote some diff categories. It would be kind of them, but who knows maybe we'll get a Senna F1 car and we'll all forget about the F2 and F3 cars because were driving his real cars.

Oh and the modern cars are ugly, the FGT looks great! I think they should keep it and go with the CART/Champ car look to them.

Didn't you already get a link to the pictures and the video?
Thanks, I like new color schemes a lot, expecially the McLarenish one, red and chrome. Hopefully LCD works like Crysler Prowler this time. GT6 really need a proper Formula car with decent interiors. GT6 need more Formula cars, I remember those amazing models from GT3. How cool they were.

Back