Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
It's based on either the STR5 or the RB6 to some degree, though like I said it has been tweaked to not match exactly. The turning vanes don't have the mirrors on them, the engine cowl is much bigger than as well with some rear wind differences too.

Either way you still haven't addressed what you were wrong in and thus now you wish to back out to save face.
That car is not based, it IS a Redbull RB6 with a fake name and decals. They call it Formula Reiza in their game but if I don't tell you it's called Formula Reiza everyone with decent motorsport knowledge tells it's an RB6. The same applies for United Racing Design DTM models.

Last edited:
But let's consider your point valid for a moment, who is stopping PD from adding a fictional Formula 3? Why rF2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, pCars, etc etc.. have several kind of Formula cars (F1, Indy, F3, GP2ish, Vintage, etc) and GT boasting the "1200 cars" thing only have one?

If you don't count duplicates in the car list we maybe only got 120 new Premiums. I think open wheel racing is not a priority for PD. I hate fantasy cars like the FGT, but if PDs sound team were not so incompetent and made this car sound like a V12 F1 should be, I would spend 80% of my GT6 time in this one.

I know there is, But GT6 can make it better and the game will be more much more fun !

Very doubtful. I only played F1 2010 but the AI in that game was an order of magnitude better than what was in GT5, and the handling was so good I could watch onboard camera videos of real F1 cars and copy their cornering lines and gearshifts precisely in the game.

That car is not based, it IS a Redbull RB6 with a fake name and decals. They call it Formula Reiza in their game but if I don't tell you it's called Formula Reiza everyone with decent motorsport knowledge tells it's an RB6. The same applies for United Racing Design DTM models.

Obviously you need to go look at the RB6 compared to the STR5, is there a memo that specifically says it is based solely on the RB6? Like is said it has changed features that you can easily see if you look it up and quit being stubborn about stuff you don't know as much as you seem to put forth.

A lot of us here seem to want some old vintage F1's but for me, IMO, the Morgan open wheelers will do just fine... The quick three second flick going down the Nord was great, if only they sound that good

Which features? Pic please.

I already said them in my post, clearly you failed to read it.

Also the point still stands, that the FGT isn't like the GT3 F1 cars, and thus it makes sense for them to keep it (FGT) and not the others due to license issues. Since you haven't responded to this though I'm guess you've retracted what you said earlier.

I already said them in my post, clearly you failed to read it.
Words are not the same as images. I claimed Formula Reiza is an Rb6 with different name, I posted a pic of the car. You acting like you know everything but I still have too see clear proofs of Formula Armaroli and Formula Reiza being "different enought" compared to real cars.

Words are not the same as images. I claimed Formula Reiza is an Rb6 with different name, I posted a pic of the car. You acting like you know everything but I still have too see clear proofs of Formula Armaroli and Formula Reiza being "different enought" compared to real cars.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/red_bull_rb6-3.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/fantendo/images/1/1c/Red_Bull_RB6.jpg
http://formula1.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/scuderia_toro_rosso_str5_2.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Toro_Rosso_STR5_Bahrain_2010_(cropped).jpg

There you go, the two cars it is based off of. Which looks to be more of the STR5 than the RB6, unless you have something from the group that made the Reiza saying it is specifically the RB6

Very doubtful. I only played F1 2010 but the AI in that game was an order of magnitude better than what was in GT5, and the handling was so good I could watch onboard camera videos of real F1 cars and copy their cornering lines and gearshifts precisely in the game.

The same AI that took turns 11 and 12 at Melbourne at snails pace? The same AI that would erratically swerve randomly? The same AI that would sometimes not pit at all (leading to weird cases where a HRT wins the race)? The same AI that would have snail-slow wet weather pace?
F1 2010 is not a game I would use as an example of good AI.

F1:CE, now that had tough AI - it was too corner-perfect but at least it was a consistent challenge and really forced you to drive clean and consistent races.

Well play 2011 or 12 on legend diffculty and they battle hard putting in better lap times than the real racers so very Difficult

If the rumours about Sony sponsoring McLaren are actually true, you might expect to see some implementation of McLaren content coming for GT6 in the next year. (Or GT7)

If the rumours about Sony sponsoring McLaren are actually true, you might expect to see some implementation of McLaren content coming for GT6 in the next year. (Or GT7)
Interesting possibilities if this is true.
1. Sony + Mclaren= Latest McLaren F1 car included (remember the F10 was the latest Ferrari when GT5 launched)
2. Sony + McLaren + Senna= MP4/4? Sony have already modelled it once (albeit in a fake livery). With two claims to the car, FOM may relent a little and licence it to PD?
3. Classic McLaren F1 cars that predate FOM's licensing. CAN AM race cars and McLaren sports cars.

1. Sony + Mclaren= Latest McLaren F1 car included (remember the F10 was the latest Ferrari when GT5 launched)
2. Sony + McLaren + Senna= MP4/4? Sony have already modelled it once (albeit in a fake livery). With two claims to the car, FOM may relent a little and licence it to PD?
3. Classic McLaren F1 cars that predate FOM's licensing. CAN AM race cars and McLaren sports cars.

It would be a dream come true if all those possibilities happened. :dopey:

I don't quite follow F1, but does the McLaren team have ties to the car manufacturer of the same name?

Sorry if it's an incredibly stupid question :ouch:

It would be a dream come true if all those possibilities happened. :dopey:

Then all we'd need is Ferrari, more of Chaparral, and Lola as well as Shadow :dopey:

I don't quite follow F1, but does the McLaren team have ties to the car manufacturer of the same name?

Sorry if it's an incredibly stupid question :ouch:

Well I uh never thought I'd see this question, but yeah they are one in the same.

No worries, you learn something new every day.
This Sony sponshorship could mean something good for us GT followers. The P1, the F1 cars, Senna's car, many more Maccys could be coming our way if Kaz and co are willing to undertake the task.

A bit of Tyrrell too :dopey:

Maybe some BRM to spice it up :dopey:

This Sony sponshorship could mean something good for us GT followers. The P1, the F1 cars, Senna's car, many more Maccys could be coming our way if Kaz and co are willing to undertake the task.

Well I don't care any for the P1, unless we have the LaFerrari, and C-X75. However, that may be a bit to knit picky to ask considering GT have a hard time bring this stuff together. I mean like as the one-77 was given credits in GT5 and there was high speculation that GT had one modeled and then come GT6 we finally see it. So who knows what they'll do if they get the license one hopes that they'll make best use of it but I question PD because in the past that haven't done so.

We'll see only time will tell.

Last edited:

Sponsorship means almost nothing for PD. However, anything that T10 slaps a sticker on gets its way into Forza... Can't really deny that because it's true..

I think T10 has a years exclusive on the laFerrari. P1 is in a few other games. But the MP4 spider and P1 could come if sony is sponsoring.

It looks more like an RB6 to me, look at the rear end, that big oval part on the RB6 where the air is supposed to go out it match exactly Formula Reiza shape. And the side wings where the RB6 feature the "Rauch" logo and Formula Reiza "Mobil1" logo, looks exactly the same. And those characteristic "horns" over the nose used to direct air flow, Formula Reiza have exactly the same. STR5 horns are slightly different, more smooth, STR5 don't have the big oval part on rear end side wings are slightly differnt.

Another thing I noticed the photo you posted cars were always different, but the model is the same. Mirrors were placed on the side, than because of regulation placed near the driver. Also slightly different front wing on RB6 near the "TOTAL" logo. That's why is impossible to consider only one configuration of the car, since the same car change during the season.

Ok, back to the original point. As you can see is not the first time someone in sim racing industry use real car shapes with fictional names to bypass copyright issues. Another example is Porsche. About a year ago their lawers publicy asked Enduracers Mod Group to not release their Porsche Cup mod. We all know how annoying Porsche can be but this didn't stop Enduracers, some months ago they did it, removed Porsche logo, changed name and released it. Yes, the shape is exactly the same.

EnduRacers_Header_ES_Flat6.jpg

pgic.jpg

As you can see that is a Porsche Cup car without Porsche logo. Not to mention the insane livery pack addon based on real life Porsche Cup series.

Does anyone else find it odd that PD has featured 2 of the greatest F1 drivers in motorsports history in GT6 yet there is not a hint of evidence that there will be any F1 cars in the game?

Latest Posts

Back