Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
PD could have easily emulated the 3.5 WSR and to some capacity they don't even need to do that since it isn't an FOM series. In fact it would probably and should be easy to obtain due to the fact that Nissan and PD are such buddy buddy. Seeing and Renault owns a almost 50% shares and is in alliance. GP2 could easily be emulated. I think the best way to do F1 would be have Newey draw up several cars for PD with various aero parts and have us go to town. We can set them up and everything...

Wasn't there some mention of "creating your own car", or something to that effect, at the Silverstone event?

Just read that Forza 5 will feature both Laudas and Hunts cars from the 76 season (Rush movie).

It is so hard to accept defeat, but Forzas car list gets more interesting with each day passing.
Kaz I better hope you start giving us classic Gp cars too...

Just read that Forza 5 will feature both Laudas and Hunts cars from the 76 season (Rush movie).

It is so hard to accept defeat, but Forzas car list gets more interesting with each day passing.

We haven't had GT6's car list.

You never know... Magic may occur :)

Wouldn't be holding my breath for that many new cars for GT6 even though i would love to see a bunch(race cars) in the game. Hopefully GT7 will have pretty much all types of racing in the game.

You've seen Forza 5's car list already? I never knew that, source? Seriously though, I read that T10 is removing the old assets and remodeling them, which means half the cars may get cut out so I wouldn't get too confident just yet or there will be massive dissapointment. :sly:

As for F1. Would like some if its the classic Lotus racer. :drool:

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/e3-forza-5-tuesday-reveal

Damn, Forza seems to even have more classic F1, but only the Rush cars are announced so far. The Codemasters guy said they could not include classic Mclarens because somebody else licensed them already, seems like T10 did. Don`t be suprised when T10 announces Ayrton Sennas Mclaren.

+ IndyCar license.

IndyCar >>>>>>>>>>>>>> FGT
Don`t want to race with stupid fantasy cars anymore. If you want to give us a spec open wheel series Kaz, IndyCar or Formula Nippon please, no fantasy F1 car.

Yeah, but the 80s classic edition is pretty lame (the 90s seems to be OK imo).

No Ferrari 126C (Villeneuve and Pironis car), no Renault (Come on, they brought turbos into F1, they deserve it much more then Lotus), no Mclaren (They dominated the 80s as Williams did the 90s and Ferrari the 2000s)...

For me this classic addition feels like PDs half hearted attempt to give us Nascar or classic LeMans cars.

Will buy it anyway, eventhough they didn't include a Ferrari V12.

No Ferrari 126C (Villeneuve and Pironis car), no Renault (Come on, they brought turbos into F1, they deserve it much more then Lotus), no Mclaren (They dominated the 80s as Williams did the 90s and Ferrari the 2000s)...

There are other cars yet to be announced.

You are right, I just read the 90s pack will also include a Ferrari driven by Prost, so yeah V12 power.
5 cars/10 drivers from the 80s, 6 cars from the 90s. Still awesome, reminds me of the F1 cars in GT3. Back then I didn't knew the polyphony 002 was Sennas Mclaren :)

So... classic F1 cars (and F1 cars in general) have absolutely no chance of being in GT6 with all the other companies having the license.

I just don't get why PD won't just acquire the Formula Nippon license since that is based on Japan. And we all know that PD has tremendous amount of bias on all things Japanese. At least that's something open-wheel.

So... classic F1 cars (and F1 cars in general) have absolutely no chance of being in GT6 with all the other companies having the license.

I just don't get why PD won't just acquire the Formula Nippon license since that is based on Japan. And we all know that PD has tremendous amount of bias on all things Japanese. At least that's something open-wheel.

Doubt it. Problem is that nobody cares about Formula Nippon (now it's Super Formula, by the way - proably to match with Super GT) nowadays. Only people who cares about the next F1 talent cares about it. :rolleyes:

Just found something good.

Since we may never get F1. What about formula vee?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_Vee

We already have LCC Rocket which is a old F1 lookalike. ;)

That seems like a no brainer to me. Only slight modifications to the car would be needed visually, mainly skinnier tires and smaller wings, less downforce and less grip with less power. Throw in a half dozen or more liveries for each one and you'd have good looking grids for different series. Or just allow painting but retain the graphics like the RM's. For the life of me I don't know why they don't do relatively easy stuff like this.
There's a bit more difference between GP2/F1 and entry level formula than that. Perhaps most importantly, F1/GP2 are considerably longer cars than, for example, F3 cars, and the wheelbase difference is important to handling characteristics.

I've long been a proponent of 3 or 4 fictional formula cars resembling real world counterparts, but I would hope each car would be realistic with no compromises. One chassis with different engines, wings and tires just wouldn't cut it.
Doubt it. Problem is that nobody cares about Formula Nippon (now it's Super Formula, by the way - proably to match with Super GT) nowadays. Only people who cares about the next F1 talent cares about it. :rolleyes:
In Japan some people care. Lots of people don't know about FN, GT6 could be an introduction to the series for many. The cars are slightly faster than Indycars and IMO are better looking too.

Also, the series isn't an F1 feeder series.

'technically it's possible' would be the answer we were looking for.

I was looking for the vote up option for this post :lol:

👍

Don`t want to race with stupid fantasy cars anymore. If you want to give us a spec open wheel series Kaz, IndyCar or Formula Nippon please, no fantasy F1 car.

Real good point, and surprising PD didn't use Formula Nippon as a replacement for F1 and Indy, to also promote/bring to the masses FN being Japanese and all. I mean the don't even need to leave the country to get hold of the cars and teams.

Last edited:
Basically whilst F1 as a whole is out of the picture there are so, so many avenues PD could explore for open wheel racing in GT. Hopefully the Rocket isn't the only thing they have lined up for us.

Basically whilst F1 as a whole is out of the picture there are so, so many avenues PD could explore for open wheel racing in GT. Hopefully the Rocket isn't the only thing they have lined up for us.

It shouldn't really be out the picture though. The Ferrari F1's couldn't race against anything else due to licencing and different F1 cars racing each other
requires an F1 licence.
SO how can Forza have Lauda's Ferrari and Hunt's McLaren without getting the Formula One licence?

I agree though that PD needs more open wheel cars. Maybe add a few steps between Karting and the FGT/Ferrari F1's.
With GP2 and 3 part of Ecclestones empire, Formula 2, 3 and 4 might be easier to get hold of. There are also plenty of defunct series that could be used, like Formula 5000, A1GP etc.
And of course there is BOSSGP, which contains old F1,CHAMP and GP2 cars amongst others and seemingly don't have to pay FOM and their counterparts for the privilege by running cars in custom liveries?

I agree though that PD needs more open wheel cars. Maybe add a few steps between Karting and the FGT/Ferrari F1's.
With GP2 and 3 part of Ecclestones empire, Formula 2, 3 and 4 might be easier to get hold of. There are also plenty of defunct series that could be used, like Formula 5000, A1GP etc.
And of course there is BOSSGP, which contains old F1,CHAMP and GP2 cars amongst others and seemingly don't have to pay FOM and their counterparts for the privilege by running cars in custom liveries?
An F1 car is still an F1 car, a GP2 Dallara is still a GP2 Dallara, I shouldn't make a difference if they change the livery or not or enter it into BOSSGP, the car rights remain the same.

F2 is also defunct, and I don't believe it would be worth going after a defunct series (licenses are still in place), especially as the defunct series you mentioned never really captured public attention.

F3 is a category, not any series in particular. F4... isn't really anything is it? There's a British F4 and a French F4 (formerly FR1.6), but they don't have anything close to unified technical regulations. It's just a name. There's other alternatives anyway (Formula Abarth, ADAC Formula Masters). (I personally prefer Formula Abarth, and it's in Assetto Corsa, so not an impossible license)

Rfactor2 has FR3.5, but I don't think anything has licensed GP2/GP3? Anybody know why? Does Codemasters have it, or is it just not a worthy roi?

Would be nice to bring all the Formula cars from the previous iterations. Though they should really do justice with the sounds.

SagarisGTB
An F1 car is still an F1 car, a GP2 Dallara is still a GP2 Dallara, I shouldn't make a difference if they change the livery or not or enter it into BOSSGP, the car rights remain the same.

F2 is also defunct, and I don't believe it would be worth going after a defunct series (licenses are still in place), especially as the defunct series you mentioned never really captured public attention.

F3 is a category, not any series in particular. F4... isn't really anything is it? There's a British F4 and a French F4 (formerly FR1.6), but they don't have anything close to unified technical regulations. It's just a name. There's other alternatives anyway (Formula Abarth, ADAC Formula Masters). (I personally prefer Formula Abarth, and it's in Assetto Corsa, so not an impossible license)

Rfactor2 has FR3.5, but I don't think anything has licensed GP2/GP3? Anybody know why? Does Codemasters have it, or is it just not a worthy roi?

I believe GP2 and 3 are connected to the F1 license as they are Bernie's brainchild, so I'd presume Codemasters have first pick?
As for BOSS GP, didn't PD do something similar in GT3 and AFAIK they didn't get into too much trouble?

As for BOSS GP, didn't PD do something similar in GT3 and AFAIK they didn't get into too much trouble?
PD recreated F1 cars with fake names and liveries. No, they didn't get into any high profile legal battles, but the fact that most were removed for PAL versions and they were all gone by GT4 (and they've yet to do anything similar since) suggests they may have been on thin ice. I doubt PD will plunge into that grey area again.

Back