Formula 1 in GT6

• Thread starter TheRaikko
  • 357 comments
I believe GP2 and 3 are connected to the F1 license as they are Bernie's brainchild, so I'd presume Codemasters have first pick?
As for BOSS GP, didn't PD do something similar in GT3 and AFAIK they didn't get into too much trouble?

My earlier post touched on how they should do WSR 3.5:
PD could have easily emulated the 3.5 WSR and to some capacity they don't even need to do that since it isn't an FOM series. In fact it would probably and should be easy to obtain due to the fact that Nissan and PD are such buddy buddy. Seeing and Renault owns a almost 50% shares and is in alliance. GP2 could easily be emulated. I think the best way to do F1 would be have Newey draw up several cars for PD with various aero parts and have us go to town. We can set them up and everything...

Personally I don't care what era they were to come from but I'd like to see some old ones. How about classic 50's or 60's f1 cars. Surely Bernie doesn't have control over all those?

The Formula Gran Turismo would be fine if a livery editor is in GT6.

Formula Ford type cars would be great too.

The Turbo Era. F1, Group B, Group C. Oh my! What a game it would be!

It shouldn't really be out the picture though. The Ferrari F1's couldn't race against anything else due to licencing and different F1 cars racing each other
requires an F1 licence.
SO how can Forza have Lauda's Ferrari and Hunt's McLaren without getting the Formula One licence?

Because they're from the 70's.

I think it has more to do with them potentially promoting Rush and not because they are from the 70s, they'd still have to get a bunch of license if it weren't due to Rush.

Probably. I should change that to 'I think it's partly because they're from the 70's' :P I don't know a lot about how F1 licensing works, it was just a guess because the whole FOM thing was only started in the 80's (I think anyway).

Probably. I should change that to 'I think it's partly because they're from the 70's' :P I don't know a lot about how F1 licensing works, it was just a guess because the whole FOM thing was only started in the 80's (I think anyway).

Yeah your right, because during the 70s and early 80s it was FOCA vs FISA, we know these groups as FOM and FIA now days.

Hi All,

So I've noticed that Forza 5 will have F1 Cars featured in the game, most notably Kimi Raikonnen's 2013 Lotus.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/pop-culture/formula-1-is-coming-to-forza-5

Along with a 1976 McClaren and Ferrari.

Therefore, does anyone think that these will feature in Gran Turismo 6?

As far as I was aware Codemasters had/has exclusive rights to all current Formula 1 cars as they're producing the official Formula 1 games. Coupled with that I thought Big Bad Bernie had rights to all historical F1 cars. Well, I thought these rules applied to everyone except Ferrari who can negotiate their own deals I believe.

Surely, if Forza can get these cars then that is a glimmer of hope for Gran Turismo and Polyphony.

Thoughts anyone?

Finally, in the link posted the Lotus is not shod in Pirelli's...Don't know whether that's significant in anyway but I thought it was interesting.

Liamsles

Well there was the announcement of the partnership of the Ayrton Senna Institute and PD to bring Senna content to GT6 post launch, so there's that. And no way in hell will we get the cars in FM5, Microsoft probably shelled out a lot of cash for them and probably got exclusive licenses to restrict GT from getting them. And we lost the Ferrari F1 cars due to licensing as well.

Basically if Forza gets a really unique license, GT won't get it, and vice versa (at least not in the same game, maybe in GT7).

Lotus F1 team desperately needed money so may be they let Turn 10 to scan their car. I'm not sure if they got the permission from Bernie & FIA as well though. If PD is not bringing back the Ferrari F1 cars, I would like to see a Red Bull Racing's RB7, RB8 or RB9. 👍

I don't think there will be F1 cars, but it would be awesome if there were. PD is also amazing in recreating world tracks, so hopefully we'll see F1 cars and tracks in GT in the near future.

I don't think there will be multiple F1 cars from the same year in a GT game unless Codemasters gives the OK for them to do so. Codemasters holds the F1 license at this time and to allow more than 1 F1 car from the current year does encroach on their property.

VDG
I don't think there will be F1 cars, but it would be awesome if there were. PD is also amazing in recreating world tracks, so hopefully we'll see F1 cars and tracks in GT in the near future.
May be Bernie will let PD to scan Caterham F1 cars, VDG :D

I would be content if PD expanded their Formula Gran Turismo range of cars. The game could do with more single seaters, and if 'fake' F1 cars is the best we get, then I would take that over nothing at all.
I believe that's more of an issue with Codemasters and not FiA. Then again I could very well be wrong. I assume GT (if they wanted) could have put in 16 F1 cars with similar designs to any given year not currently under license.

Would be nice to see a yellow Jordan in the game! But I say we would be getting Senna's McLaren, Williams, Lotus or Toleman with the inclusion of Senna stuff in GT6 :dopey: Maybe we might get Red Bull F1 cars because Kaz has been working with Adrian Newey in developing the X2010/11 and that Vettel was in GT5. Would be extra cool if KERS and DRS was implemented in the game!

I would be content if PD expanded their Formula Gran Turismo range of cars. The game could do with more single seaters, and if 'fake' F1 cars is the best we get, then I would take that over nothing at all.

Anyone remember the whole range from GT3?

gt3f094s_in.jpg

Anyone remember the whole range from GT3?

gt3f094s_in.jpg

Why has PD forgotten these ever existed? With the loop-holes they use to make it seem like there are more cars than there really are, I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of GT3's F1 cars.

Why has PD forgotten these ever existed? With the loop-holes they use to make it seem like there are more cars than there really are, I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of GT3's F1 cars.
Wonder if they had an issue from someone following the creation of those cars? They weren't in GT4 even so it begs the question if they did "go over a line".

I wonder if there's any limitation on earlier F2 cars? Many F2 cars ran on F1 grids up into the 60's and only the most dedicated car fan would be able to tell them apart. Maybe this is something for PD to explore.
RindtJochen1970LotusF2.jpg

Turn 10 has some kind of tie-in/exclusive with Ron Howard's new F-1 movie "Rush". It mentions this on the movie's website.

IIRC the Ferrari and McLaren cars included in Forza 5 are the ones used by Niki Lauda and James Hunt in real life.

I don't expect to see any F1 cars from any teams other than Ferrari because, if I recall correctly, Ferrari owns the rights to their own F1 cars. However, considering even those seem to have been removed, I don't expect to see any single-seaters (apart from the FGT) in GT6 until at least the Ayrton Senna DLC.

Given that GT has the rights of Senna's life up to 1987, there's a chance we might see some vintage Lotus F1 cars included. Although I recognize that that might require a separate license, Group Lotus has been quite generous with giving out licenses to their cars in the past, so there's a chance it could happen.

I would personally have expected something to come of the GT/PD/Red Bull/Adrian Newey thing and get some previous RBR cars.

It isn't easy to get licence to include F1 cars in game. Bernie has rights for them (from 1981 season I think). But I hope to see RedBull's and the fastest cars from ground-effect era.

Back