Formula 1 Off Season, Launches and Testing thread 2019-20Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 286 comments
So side pods are basically non-existent anymore :lol:

I wonder if this smaller side-pod design philosophy was around in previous years but they just couldn't get it to work or something. It seems to have come out of nowhere and would seemingly have cars constantly over-heat but that's not the case.

Alpha Tauri essentailly being a high-tech (or tech-core) textiles company, I'm surprised they didn't do some sort of marketing tie-in with the fact that literally the entire racecar and a good bunch of it's components are also made from high-tech textile technology. Missed opportunity there maybe?

Otherwise, this is easily my favorite livery thus far. As mentioned, getting some early 2000's BMW vibes. 👍

I can almost see the Lucky Strike logo on the AlphaTauri. Defo the best looking car of the year so far 👍

Anyone wanna bet how many races it takes until the commentators stop calling them Toro Rosso? :lol:

Have to admit that the Alpha Tauri livery didn't strike me much at first. Think it'll be a grower though.
Watch them be faster than the Ferraris. :lol:

Doesn't matter if they're not. Ferrari are sure to shoot themselves in the foot at some point. :sly:

Anyone wanna bet how many races it takes until the commentators stop calling them Toro Rosso? :lol:
I guess it won't be a problem. The problem with Racing Point was that they used the name Racing Point Force India for a while, so they never had a proper switch to the new name.

I guess it won't be a problem. The problem with Racing Point was that they used the name Racing Point Force India for a while, so they never had a proper switch to the new name.
Oh it will be an issue though. There gonna be a white Alpha and a white Alfa. We'll be hearing Toro Rosso a lot in the heat of the moment I'm sure.

More angles of the Alpha Tauri.

I really like this livery, but it’s going to be really confusing having two teams with white front ends, both called Alpha :lol:

The Williams looks absolutely awesome out on track
racefansdotnet-20200217-092316-1.jpg

racefansdotnet-20200217-092316-2.jpg

racefansdotnet-20200217-092500-1.jpg

Let's just hope it's quicker than it looks. The bargeboards and front wing look a lot more basic than anyone else.

Leaked image of the R.S.20. Drastically different front end. Joins RBR, McLaren, and Mercedes with the narrow noses
4865FCEC-0D1C-468C-9C00-C945F138B70A.jpeg

The Williams is just an evolution of last year's car, ouf.

I just hope they evolved it enough so they don't finish just about every race dead last like they did last season! It's been painful watching them continuously falling down the rank over the last few seasons.

Back