(Source: Renault F1 via social channel)

first glimpses
EQlKuU7WsAEumhN

EQlKuU4W4AMvLgo

EQlKuU3WsAAYFzg

EQlKuVOXUAAZnU-

Last edited:
Black. Seriously...

They tried that in 2016 and got monumentally slated for it. We want colour in the grid and a yellow Renault is perfect for that. Stop going for Boeing neutral colours that everyone else uses.

With the team gear having big yellow and white stripes across I'd expected similar from the car. This looks unfinished, but probably is finished :)

Black. Seriously...

They tried that in 2016 and got monumentally slated for it. We want colour in the grid and a yellow Renault is perfect for that. Stop going for Boeing neutral colours that everyone else uses.
Not sure if this is just a place holder livery from Renault F1? What surprises me is that the car itself (only above pics) has not been shown to the public yet.
Is the car already finished or still WIP?

Last edited:
No clear pictures of the front end leads me to believe they have something to hide there. The tiny glimpse we get of the profiling on the nose indicates to me they have a McLaren or Mercedes style nose

The more I see those reveals, the more impatient I'm getting about the season. I can't wait for March 15th!!! :D
I wonder if this year will be one of those years where drivers' skills, talent and experience will really separate them from the rest of the pack.

With these car launches, I wasn't expecting a lot given the rules stability, however I'm still finding myself disappointed...

HAAS - No more rich energy, so I guess we better just go back to our old livery.
Ferrari - More time spent finding the right blend of interpretive dance with the most boring speech ever witnessed.
Red Bull - Fairly standard launch for them, but minus the one off testing livery.
Renault - Hosted the car launch with no car to launch, instead gave us "teaser" style close-ups in a test livery.

Expecting McLaren to at least give us a new livery that follows suit with the McLaren Arrow SPM Indycar livery revealed last week.

McLaren is once again in the lead for livery of the year. The car itself is also so much more elegant than those of a couple years ago. It’s amazing to see their progress back up to the top

2nsjlyup5kr4.jpg

They increased the size of the Honda logo.
That’s the first time I’m looking at the front end of the new RB16... I’m surprised at how different it is. That’s now Renault and Red Bull looking like they’re copying the McLaren nose philosophy

The wheelbase of these cars looks ridiculous. I mean, it did last year too, but all these 3/4-angle launch pics just drives it home. The bottom centre of the car must be a foot off the ground going through Eau Rouge...

The McLaren livery looks alright, I liked last years much more though. It was the best one on the grid imo.

And then the Mercedes:

And who knows we will see Stoffel again during an official race in a Merc?
He is added as official reserve driver to the team.

EQueIzLXUAAmXj5

EQueIzMX0AAr-CG

Last edited:
Sorry another post.

Interesting new part added to the F1 2020 cars (at least I think it is interesting...)

New flow meter with second sensor added. 2nd one with data output only 'available' for the FIA and not for the teams themselves.
Nobody said officialy a team was 'cheating' but just to be sure ;)

EQuwgp4WAAAcy1Z

Am I the only person who prefers the testing liveries over the real ones? You could never have them used for actual racing because the grid would be difficult to tell apart from a distance but they just look so understated and cool to me.

Bloody hell, that's brilliant. I was already feeling sad for losing the Toro Rosso livery but that's about as perfect of a modern interpretation of classic Honda colours with the red text as it gets.

If someone outdoes this livery, it'll be a serious achievement.

Back