Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Della Toscana Ferrari 1000 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 451 comments
I'm going to guess this race could be very processional due to only one good place to pass. But overheating could affect cars following in a train. Pit strategy might be key to this race.

I think some cars might struggle with the tyres again, well I hope they do because that makes it a bit more interesting.

I think some cars might struggle with the tyres again, well I hope they do because that makes it a bit more interesting.
Pirelli did bring their hardest compounds for each tire to this track, so make what you will of that.

Definitely. And the nature of the circuit will open passing opportunities as this takes effect.

Pirelli did bring their hardest compounds for each tire to this track, so make what you will of that.

Irrelevant after practice. Tyres were overheating left right and centre. If its as warm Sunday as it was for practice then they will struggle. There were murmurings of a 3 stop race.

Even with hard tyres I can't see how there will be long stints, the abuse the tyres would get here would be extreme.

Really wouldn't want a tyre failure after Turn 5 could end very badly.

I think also that the drivers with the best neck muscles will benefit big time at the later stages of the race, the neck strain here is the highest of any track ever im pretty sure, especially considering how fast these cars are.

Hamilton deserves another stop-and-go penalty for this ghastly outfit alone...

119180927_3706109562803678_6713619121794242894_o.jpg

I swear if this site had anything to do with his wardrobe he would spend each race looking like someone's dad visiting a hardware store.

Genuinely wondering where Ferrari are finding this pace. How have they gone from not making it out of Q1 at Monza to being a solid Q2/maybe Q3 car in 5 days? I get they own Mugello and maybe have a little more data to go by, but this seems a bit much. I guess quali will show the true pace but right now they're on for a decent showing.

Track limits are taking the mick at this circuit, did anyone see Bottas straightlining 13/14 by going inside the kerbs?

Genuinely wondering where Ferrari are finding this pace. How have they gone from not making it out of Q1 at Monza to being a solid Q2/maybe Q3 car in 5 days? I get they own Mugello and maybe have a little more data to go by, but this seems a bit much. I guess quali will show the true pace but right now they're on for a decent showing.
This track is a higher downforce track, the Ferrari car isn't that bad they just massively lack power after running an illegal engine for several years.

Track limits are taking the mick at this circuit, did anyone see Bottas straightlining 13/14 by going inside the kerbs?

With typical consistency and stupidity they've said that this weekend they won't be policing track limits, they're saying the grass/gravel is the track limits and they can go all the way up to that, even if it's beyond the white lines.

I was hoping Mugello wouldn't start going down the route of every other grade 1 circuit with the tarmac run-off. A bit sad when you take the challenge out of good tracks

With typical consistency and stupidity they've said that this weekend they won't be policing track limits, they're saying the grass/gravel is the track limits and they can go all the way up to that, even if it's beyond the white lines.
I presume this is because the circuit was added at late notice and they cannot physically adapt the track to be more suited to F1 speeds?

Otherwise it seems pretty contrary to the spirit of the sport to allow them to do that.

I was hoping Mugello wouldn't start going down the route of every other grade 1 circuit with the tarmac run-off. A bit sad when you take the challenge out of good tracks

It's for the bikes, so that when they run slightly wide accidentally they're not straight into gravel/grass that spills them. That's still no excuse for FIA not to police it properly when F1 uses bike tracks though.

I presume this is because the circuit was added at late notice and they cannot physically adapt the track to be more suited to F1 speeds?

Otherwise it seems pretty contrary to the spirit of the sport to allow them to do that.

I think they're just taking the approach that the grass and gravel provides a natural limit and it's the same for everyone, so it's fair.

Which seems lazy, on the face of it. Although as you can see, they don't seem to actually mention T13 or the final turn.

I swear if this site had anything to do with his wardrobe he would spend each race looking like someone's dad visiting a hardware store.
If the hardware store happens to stock carpet or wallpaper samples for old people's bungalows, he already does.

It's for the bikes, so that when they run slightly wide accidentally they're not straight into gravel/grass that spills them. That's still no excuse for FIA not to police it properly when F1 uses bike tracks though.

I am aware and I think its the wrong approach for the bikes as well, riders should get tossed for running off. They are also starting to have the same issue around arbitrary enforcement of track limits as well.

Last edited:

They've issued guidance on that turn now.

edit: Russell could've made it if he didn't skip across the gravel. He's down a tenth or so. That would've put Vettel out.

Last edited:
They've issued guidance on that turn now.

edit: Russell could've made it if he didn't skip across the gravel. He's down a tenth or so. That would've put Vettel out.

Max was going through t13-14 like it was a straight line completely disregarding the chicane...so did Bottas and a few other drivers...I'm glad they put some limitations on that cause it's just looks silly how everyone seems to completely disregard track limits.

And Gasly....really mate! You won a race last weekend and then get eliminated in Q1 the following weekend :lol:

I know Bottas is not great in race trim but I gotta say, he is quite quick on the 1 lap pace. There's nothing between him and Hamilton.

Umm..... ESPN, there's a third driver to interview. Why did you abruptly cut away when Bottas walked off? ESPN is such crap when it comes to showing SkySports coverage. As soon as qualifying or a race is over they can't change to something else quick enough, like they just don't care.

And now it's Sports Center. So I guess we're not getting Max's interview? Thanks...

Back