Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Della Toscana Ferrari 1000 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 451 comments
F3 this morning proved that overtakes into turn 1 are more than possible so hopefully the same happens tomorrow.

Verstappen was slightly launched by one last week at Monza and there have been a few other mild ones over the years.

This one at Spa a few years ago in F3

Sophia Floersch is another well-known one.

Heidfeld in the first FE race

Those sausage kerbs are really not a good idea.

I hadn't seen those other ones. Thanks for sharing

That being said, I'm positive the F1 race will just be about tire wear.

And maybe mechanical failures. The constant high g's combined with Sundays forecast (86F, hottest day thus far), and I think we'll see at least a couple mechanicals (probably from Haas/Alfa/Ferrari)

It's really fun to watch them trail brake into these long sweeping curves. :D Mugello is so different from what they usually race on.

If the racing is going to be crap in F1, I'd rather see crap races on beautiful and flowing tracks like this, than crap races on boring parking lots. In my nutcase opinion. :lol:

I think they're just taking the approach that the grass and gravel provides a natural limit and it's the same for everyone, so it's fair.

Which seems lazy, on the face of it. Although as you can see, they don't seem to actually mention T13 or the final turn.

That's how it should be!

It's really fun to watch them trail brake into these long sweeping curves. :D Mugello is so different from what they usually race on.

If the racing is going to be crap in F1, I'd rather see crap races on beautiful and flowing tracks like this, than crap races on boring parking lots. In my nutcase opinion. :lol:
Well Sochi is next so enjoy Mugello while it lasts

Assuming the Mercs run away with this (likely), I'm looking forward to seeing if Gasly can slice his way up into the top 6 from P16. Also hoping Albon can turn P4 into a P3.

Verstappen's having engine troubles already on the reconnaissance laps. Just need Bottas to fluff the start again and it's plain sailing for Hamilton.

What is wrong with Verstappen's race starts? He should never have been that far back.

Back