FORMULA 1 SERIES | FGT'S TALKING TREADOpen 

Are you guys ready to finally step up the ranks & race FGT's & be done with all this BoP debating

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I,ve been racing the GT series since day 1. When GT4 came out and after beating that game and having nothing left to do I started to race the FGT's around the Nurburgring against my own ghost to best my self and then mail my memory cards (remember those?)to my best friend to beat them. that was as close to online racing we were going to get at that point. When GT5 came out, I got occupied with realizing I wasn't as fast compared to the rest of the world as I thought I was, so I begin trying to drive GT3/SGT cars around 600pp or higher; thinking it would be no problem to tame these chassis & b competitive at the same time,. Reality check times 2 :). Once I figure out I was just a grunt, I begun to start a some what in real life campaign were I would start at the lowest level, an work my way up. So that's what I did; I started in a Clio Cup series, then graduated to touring cars next (BTCC) and I took the championship there. After a couple of seasons I was ready to move up, so I did we started racing SGT300 next. Here is where I met not only my teammate, but my actual male best friend in life even tho he lives 2 states over TnT-2000/Roderuner1967, but most importantly we were on the same time zone which made it work easily for us to be teammates & friends. We raced GT300's for 3 to 4 seasons, then our whole series of drivers finally was ready to step up to not just only GT500's, but GT3 racing too. This is when the arguing & debating started getting crazy especially in the GT3 field. The problem is this GT title gave us all the Championship cars instead of all the cars from a or 1 current year grid, which means we have to make a championship car from 2000 be balanced to a GT car from a later year. This is why BoP is the hardest thing to perform; especially so because whatever BoP a series comes out with you will never make every driver happy in the end. There was so much arguing & fighting that I actually stepped away from the game for 6 months to deflate. Anyways getting to the point here, I'm back and I realized until GT7 comes out, I'm ready to step up to the top tier of motorsports, which is taming the FGT car and/or racing a 1 make series, and being done with this BoP 🤬

I'm racing in a FGT series now on Saturday's (GMT friendly), and I know Immortal has been racing the Ferrari F1 cars for some time now, but he and them are hardcore drivers because they use all the F1 rules which means no TCS & no ABS and they can do laps around me with those settings (hat's of guys). I can drive no TCS, but not no ABS :banghead:. My series will be raced as close to F1 as possible, inducing copying there actual sporting reg's & penalties. There are 16 different colors which means we can have up too 16 different teams which would span across 2 lobbies or we can add a feeder GP2 series?...

-Thoughts?

Last edited:
You do know that ABS IS allowed in True's series right?
Yea and so would this 1 be too (abs). We are discussing this series on a private tread at thread at the moment now. if you guys want to be added to the private tread,/ let me know, and I will have the owner add you? as of now I will copy & paste what we're talking about when it comes to this series now on the other private tread so you guys can get a feel off what's going on debate and time wise.

I was just getting ready to ask what date do you guys want to start this Series?. The 2014 F1 cars were at 600 hp, but the 2015 F1 cars are at 700 hp (not including there ERS systems. The FGT race that's on Saturday's (TRL) went down the middle at 650 horsepower, and they are having a 12 driver grid on avg. I believe GP2 is around 500 hp. I would run it right down the middle of 2014 & 2015 reg's which will be 650 hp, or run the 2015 reg's at 700 hp stock. I prefer to race on Sunday's so we can still use Saturday's to mock races or extra setup days, but I'm still going to complete my FGT series on Saturday because I need a lot of practice time in these cars. We can launch this FGT series after TRL's series on Saturday's when TRL's FGT series ends. I don't want intrude on TRL series at all, but I was going to setup this series to the ORA Rules or the actual current Irl F1 sporting reg's. If drivers need a break?,. If so I suggest running it after TRL's series ends, but if drivers don't want to wait or even join TRL's series on Saturday's, (I personally will be running both), because these cars are a challange to drive and I need as much seat time as possible, eventho I find them easier to drive then driving the prototypes.

We need to cast a vote on a start date. Seems some drivers may need atleast 2 weeks to 4 weeks off from GT6 racing in general at a minimum, but I could be wrong. I'm going to set the series up as close to the Irl get down, making sure we add all the tracks we have on GT6 that match the current F1 tracks we have on GT6, plus Brands Hatch Indy 500, Bathurst & Ascari track too. Also we need to decide how many rds we want to do? I have no problem Racing up to 18 rounds personally; this will allow drivers to miss races and not punch holes in walls because there will be plenty of races to catch up in the future.

My longest and most successful series to date was a 15 round Super GT race Series which was epic. Personally I think it's going to be nice to have race series where we won't have any debating or fighting/complaining about BOP finally anymore. Also there are 16 colors so we can have two lobbies of two car teams. I personally think lobby 1 should be Formula One specs, and lobby 2 should be a GP2 feeder series @ there reg's in case we get more than 16 sign ups...

First things first, we need to decide how many rounds we want to do? 10-12-15-18?,.

2nd Bi-Weekly vs Weekly? I think Bi-Weekly personally, 1 week for understanding the tyres & pit strategies & fuel strategy (these babies guzzle fuel which will play into different pit strategies), and week 2 for setups...

3rd of all do we attempt to qualify like Irl 1 hour before the race were we have K.O. qualifying or qualify regularly before the start of the race; fastest 1st?

4th of all should the hp be at 600hp, 650hp, or 700hp?

After racing my 1st round of FGT's on Saturday, this was by far the most fun I had on GT6/GT5 thus far.

I don't think any of us will regret this when its all said and done..!

-Thoughts?

I already have a 0P that's up and running in the GT6 racing series that was a talking thread, but I can modify it to be our race series thread...

Back