Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments
I thought IMSA did the simple gather on straight and leader decides when to go within a certain restart zone. That makes the most sense. Leave it to the driver so he can psyche out one or two guys close behind but everyone is cleanly on the straight to go full beans and back to racing.
Last year, at Road Atlanta, where their next race is, the leader would go just after the final chicane on restarts. That's the first one that comes to mind for me.

Pretty boring for the first 16 laps or so but the rest was ok. The safety cars made it drag on though.

Feel for Leclerc, I doubt Ferrari expected Vettel to be that quick. Saying Vettel is undeserving sounds pretty stupid tbh, he had it under control the entire time, he even snuck in a couple of fastest laps near the end.

Either way Ferrari got a 1-2 instead of a 1-3.

Last year, at Road Atlanta, where their next race is, the leader would go just after the final chicane on restarts. That's the first one that comes to mind for me.
Yea, I don't watch enough racing, at least not this year to keep up. Oh well, we can still do safer restarts in our racing series on GT Sport :lol:

2019 Formula 1.5 Constructor's Standings

fvGD3qc.png

Saying Vettel is undeserving sounds pretty stupid tbh, he had it under control the entire time, he even snuck in a couple of fastest laps near the end.

This is a track where race position is everything - Leclerc won the team's pole while Vettel lost his chance through a mistake. For Vettel to then be gifted the win in the peculiar aero-corridor that is Singapore just seems to leave a bad taste in the mouth. We could see that neither Ferrari could really follow the other (as expected) so Leclerc wasn't going to be able to do anything about it. He had the same window available as Vettel so Ferrari's actions are either a monumental balls-up or entirely intentional. Not good either way.

This is a track where race position is everything - Leclerc won the team's pole while Vettel lost his chance through a mistake. For Vettel to then be gifted the win in the peculiar aero-corridor that is Singapore just seems to leave a bad taste in the mouth. We could see that neither Ferrari could really follow the other (as expected) so Leclerc wasn't going to be able to do anything about it. He had the same window available as Vettel so Ferrari's actions are either a monumental balls-up or entirely intentional. Not good either way.
Seb actually would have been 4th if they didn't pit him in that particular lap. Having two cars leading would ensure a higher possibility to win in case one of the cars had issues. Plus.... they gaind more points. It was no brainer really.

Erm.....have you not been watching recently. We’ve had a run of excellent races.

I said that referring to the whole thing of one track benefiting one team over another is just about over and done as Ferrari has shown here. With the remaining tracks in the calendar, you just don't know who will win it between the top 3 teams and you just won't go in thinking "ferrari has that in bag" or "that's Red Bull territory" or "Mercedes is going to get another 1-2"...this one was boring because it relied too heavily over strategies. The first 15-20 laps was a procession and then the latter stages were plagued with safety car after safety car after safety car and to me that's not at all interesting.

So, here's how the championship looks:

If Bottas wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 3rd in every race, he wins by one point.

If Leclerc wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 5th in every race, he wins on count-back.

If Verstappen wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 6th in every race and gets at least four pole positions, he wins on count-back.

If Vettel wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 6th in every race, he wins by five points.

Hamilton just needs consistent podiums and he's got it.

Speaking of brain fart, you know Grosjean never said the famous Ericsson phrase, right?

Nope

I knew at the time of that grand prix, but forgot by now. Though it's pretty believable that he would say that given his track incidents.

So, here's how the championship looks:

If Bottas wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 3rd in every race, he wins by one point.

If Leclerc wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 5th in every race, he wins on count-back.

If Verstappen wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 6th in every race and gets at least four pole positions, he wins on count-back.

If Vettel wins every remaining race with fastest lap with Hamilton 6th in every race, he wins by five points.

Hamilton just needs consistent podiums and he's got it.
So that's pretty much decided then

Kvyat / Raikkonen Official Statement->
Decision: No Further Action.
Reason: The Stewards reviewed video evidence, heard from the driver of car 26 (Daniil Kvyat), the driver of car 7 (Kimi Raikkonen) and team representatives. Kvyat explained that he saw that Raikkonen was slowing and harvesting into Turn 1. He moved to the inside and attempted to make the pass. He was on soft tyres. The Stewards accepted his explanation that he felt he could make the corner. Raikkonen explained that he had seen Kvyat earlier, but had not expected him to be so far into the corner when he turned in. Both drivers explained to the Stewards that in their op

Edit: And Giovinazzi got a 10 sec penalty for driving too close from a Crane during Safety Car.

The decision regarding Russell / Grosjean is still pending.

Throw in a few DNF’s and it’s not over by a long shot.

Indeed, if Bottas wins next week at one of his better circuits and Hamilton fails to finish that blows it wide open.

Question: Who got the Fastest Lap point? Did it default to Bottas, or because Magnussen didn't end up in the top 10 did it not get awarded?

Russell / Grosjean -> no further action
Reason The Stewards reviewed video evidence, heard from the driver of car 8 (Romain Grosjean), the driver of car 63 (George Russell) and team representatives. As the drivers exited Turn 7 Grosjean got a run on Russell on the outside of Turn 8. Grosjean was fully alongside Russell at the entry to Turn 8 with the cars wheel to wheel. Through the apex of Turn 8, Grosjean remained alongside, but as Russell had the inside line he was able to start pulling ahead. As the cars exited Turn 8, the Stewards determined that both cars held their line, but that those lines converged and with both drivers racing hard, the collision resulted. The Stewards determined that both drivers contributed to the incident, and that both drivers could have mitigated the incident. As the Stewards decided that neither driver was wholly or predominantly at fault, they determined to take No Further Action.

Vettel's outlap was phenomenal. Ferrari were right with the calls.

Today I realized Leclerc is an arrogant idiot. If I was Seb, I would call him aside and go like "kid... shut the 🤬 up!".

Back