Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments
Perez was walking on the track before they called it.
And previous one, Russel was standing in his cockpit with cars flying by before they called it. It's unacceptable.

I don't understand this when they go back to green. Shouldn't it have to be on the main straight so everyone has an even chance? Going green mid-corner with everyone else in a weird spot on track really messes with everyone. Sure it's green and you can put your foot down, but that might not be what you need depending on where you are on track. The guy in front of you is that much further out of a turn and can just floor it while you're still navigating mid-turn. Not fair.

I don't understand this when they go back to green. Shouldn't it have to be on the main straight so everyone has an even chance? Going green mid-corner with everyone else in a weird spot on track really messes with everyone. Sure it's green and you can put your foot down, but that might not be what you need depending on where you are on track. The guy in front of you is that much further out of a turn and can just floor it while you're still navigating mid-turn. Not fair.
The leading driver decides when to go, not race control.

Restarts in F1 have always been a joke.

Basically, when the SC lights go out, the leader determines the speed, he has to wait long enough to not overtake the SC. Overtaking is not allowed until a certain line on the track.

Its mostly to give the time for the SC to get off track, and still have the cars at speed on the start/finish line.

Still makes no sense. Other racing series do it just fine. Safety Car turns lights off, pulls into pits, field gathers on main straight and leader goes Green.

What is this about giving the SC time to get to the pits? Can't visualize what you mean.

Still makes no sense. Other racing series do it just fine. Safety Car turns lights off, pulls into pits, field gathers on main straight and leader goes Green
Indycar is does it similar to F1. So does IMSA. NASCAR is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head that restarts just before the start/finish line.

Back