Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments
Haas destroyed Magnussen's race by not pitting him two SCs ago. He had a new set of softs and would've had the grunt to stay ahead of anyone challenging him...

Indycar is does it similar to F1. So does IMSA. NASCAR is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head that restarts just before the start/finish line.
I thought IMSA did the simple gather on straight and leader decides when to go within a certain restart zone. That makes the most sense. Leave it to the driver so he can psyche out one or two guys close behind but everyone is cleanly on the straight to go full beans and back to racing.

Not a great race, but not quite Spain or France boring. Battle at the front was dull as dishwater because the midfield was too close. Not often you say that.

Bad strategy for Charlie and Hamilton. Other than that, not too much happening other than some midfield overtaking and some desperate attempts.

I thought IMSA did the simple gather on straight and leader decides when to go within a certain restart zone. That makes the most sense. Leave it to the driver so he can psyche out one or two guys close behind but everyone is cleanly on the straight to go full beans and back to racing.
Which is exactly what F1 does?

Second half of the race was ruined by two stupid driving errors and a mechanical failure... but what on Earth where Mercedes thinking?

If Lewis couldn’t pass a Red Bull with those fresher tyres, what hope did they think he’d have vs a Ferrari?!

An overly dull and very disappointing race, but we can’t have great races every weekend!

Yea I enjoy watching the midfield but still enjoy the front runners more so it sucks we didn't get a race there. I'm refreshing the Formula 1 official Constructor's Standings page to see how they stack up

Which is exactly what F1 does?
But F1 doesn't wait to be on the straight. Vettel went green coming out of the left/right area before the last turn!

EFExcYBW4AAjeKj

I found this meme on the official twitter F1 account in the comments section lmaooooo

I think that certain energy in Spa has depleted for LeClerc this time. Sorry. Hopefully he got better instead of otherwise.

I was expecting this to be interesting but overall I'm left very disappointed. That one felt more boring than anything. Props to Vettel for finally getting his official win in 2019 and seeing Ferrari really getting into gear this late into the championship....maybe the upcoming races will be more interesting now.

One of the best pole laps I've seen in a really long time. Well done. Ferrari has a new number 1.
I think he heard me. I missed most of the proceedings as I woke up late, but good job Seb. Ferrari launching a long overdue title challenge.

The post-race room is so pointless now - nobody is gonna say something stupid when its fully broadcast unless tensions are incredibly high.

My driver of the day was so good at the front of the pack he lead it brilliantly with his twinkling lights... props to the safety car driver lol What a borefest had to happen eventually I guess... Le Clerc really seemed to enjoy the Raikonnen treatment...

Back