Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 194 comments
Incredible that it wasn't even looked at haha....then again it's Red Bull. He hit Tsunoda on the opening lap too, ruinined 2 drivers races. Was extremely aggressive defending against the Mercs as well.
5s penalty for Perez. In other words it did nothing and lost him no places.

My heartrate definitely increased towards the end of the race:

1694985882425.png

Didn’t Lando say he actually did hit it?
Yep he said it and in the replay you can see it as well.

Great race, what a spectacle towards the end. And what a “Carlando” teamwork! I’m so happy the Red Bull / Verstappen winning streak is over, that started to get way too boring!

Very sorry for George in all of this. Did he ever say where his pace went in the last stint?

He was quicker than Lewis the entire weekend, but Lewis was catching him by 1sec/lap in the last stint.

Tire saving races are boring but at least it wasn’t RBR at the front. Hopefully it’s not just a one off like Singapore 2015.

Tire saving races are boring but at least it wasn’t RBR at the front. Hopefully it’s not just a one off like Singapore 2015.
I really do think Russell could have made a difference in this race if he had spent his time strategically attacking Sainz when he was P2. He could have tried forcing Sainz to use up his tires because everyone knows the Ferraris are not kind to their tires unless they really nurse them. Max did just that to get the better of Sainz at Monza realizing that Ferrari had the straight line speed advantage at Monza. Instead Russell kept going on and on on the radio asking about how slow Sainz pace was and asking the team for ways to win the race while calmly letting Sainz manage his pace.

Red bull apparently did the simulations work for Suzuka and they are already confident that it is a one off. If we go by that, it could just be back to the new normal (2023 RB dominance) after this. All we can hope for is that all the other teams (Ferrari, Mercedes and McLaren) have upgraded their car enough so they can be an actual challenge to red bull and not haven them cruise 20+ seconds ahead to victory.

Back