Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
Point proven... just negative ******** @Roweer1 , cages comment was a good one! yours is terrible!!!

Really??

Well if you think my comment was "negative ********", i can certainly see why you think there's a lot of negativity comming your way as you expressed in post #383!

As good as Cage's comment #385 was, it was also a repetition of what he already said in #372. What i was trying to say was 1: "True reflection" will allways be a relative term -no matter the number of participants in GT-TT's. -And 2: So what? It's still a good way (The only way) to measure your progression. Why you think that's negative ********, is beyond me!

Yours on the other hand....

Your entitled to your own opinion an that you feel its good to compare an like i said its better to compare with guys that you know are around your ability an time spent, so you are agreeing with me, my post's arent directed towards you, your comment was very forward not that i care because like every Forum in the world has guys who over react an i think freedom of speech should be allowed aslong its not bashfull, all i said was in a TimeTrial you can not judge yourself as in (the world) you do the best you can an thats it, if you finish near the top thats obviously good, just like when i finished 5th doesnt mean i am 5th in World i was just 5Best out everyone who tried that's the way i see it, if i won a TT i wouldnt say i was fastest in world, i would say am fastest of those who tried :)

Man you do what you like an whats good for you :)

Silverstone

TRL beau finished 6th and GTP beau finished 19th, is this not the same thing that Piratta did?

Willow 500pp

TRL Mixi125 5th. Mixi125 21st

Willow 4wd

Beau231 7th. GTP beau 30th

Seems fairly common huh? Do unto others but don't to it to me.
IDK about mixi, but Beau himself has said directly to me, that his brother is GTP beau and I believe him. I even remember the conversation. Dude was eating breakfast while he was waiting for us to finish a race and he was watching. I asked him, because it was during the Lotus TT weeks and I was all "rah, he's going to push me back one spot". Can't think of a reason that I wouldn't believe him. And if both are him, who cares. Also, I don't even think Beau231 is anything related to the beau we're talking about.

I would rather kill off aids than hopelessly attempt to enforce something like only being able to have one screen name. Is that even the case or is a gentleman's agreement?

And McBride, it is better to compare yourself to people who are ahead of your skill, not people among you. Better for your ego (not yours specifically)? Sure. But, that's not how you get better. I am so much more technical and consistent than I've ever been, after racing with some guys on here regularly. And some who are not on here as well, obviously. I would never do as well as I do in TTs, if I'd never raced with them in GT6.

Last edited:
et_
That's a bold statement!:sly:

The driver is by far the most important bit, but you simply cannot get #1 with a bad setup.

I agree to some point, but you won't make top 1 with the ''best'' setup if you're a top 20-30 driver in some time trials.
I believe too many people blame their driving results based on their setups..
And when they try to make up their poor driving performance they overdo the set up parts with weird looking numbers.

I will guarantee you that most top 3 riders will get in top 10 with minimal change to their set ups from stock, Because they know how to drive a stock car, which in my opinion is the most important thing to learn if you want to improve as a driver.

@Cb : No, a good setup will not boost your preformance by that much, but a bad setup will certainly handicap you that much. I agree that too many people are blaming the setup for the bad results, but as @Growling said, if it's not that important, why not share it?

In every TT that I have won I have shared my setup.

I have never said a good set up is not important. I told you that a good setup will not make a donkey turn in to a race horse.

And ET with all your Great Time Trial wins it doesn't sound like you need help ;)

Back