Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
Ok, so after another 2 hours I'm down to 1'29.480 optimum time for me would be around 1'29.2xx
I'm still almost 1.5 seconds off pace! I dont get what I'm doing wrong! grr:irked:

I turned everything off, but after a while I turned TC on to 1 because it did'nt seem to slow me down anything, and it made acceleration out of 4'th turn easier...

Is that what is slowing me down? because I run about the same laptimes with it off...
suggestions?

Back from holiday...
And what have I found? A Gran Turismo Formula 1 super lap?
That car costs 2,000,000cr and the reward is a Chrome paint chip and a miserable 200,000cr!!
2,000,000 bucks for a paint chip!! :eek:

F... 🤬 Polyphony Digital. The reward is not worth the smallest effort.

Let's skip to the next event...

Back from holiday...
And what have I found? A Gran Turismo Formula 1 super lap?
That car costs 2,000,000cr and the reward is a Chrome paint chip and a miserable 200,000cr!!
2,000,000 bucks for a paint chip!! :eek:

F... 🤬 Polyphony Digital. The reward is not worth the smallest effort.

Let's skip to the next event...
Think of it as the opportunity to get a discount an a FGT.

Down to a 1:30.767 and I'm pretty damn happy with that. The way I'm driving the car at the moment, my ultimate lap would be a 1:30.4XX. Running no aids except ABS-1

To be world 91st and amoungst some very fast names after not playing the game for very long is really awesome.

Oh and my gf posted a blistering time of 3:38... I think you're safe whoosiergirl

Last edited:
[...]Gran Turismo Formula 1 super lap?
2,000,000 bucks for a paint chip!![...]

I was wanting to get the car anyway... and didn't have the paint chip, which did get my attention...

Had a hard time with this one, not very used to playing with Formula cars, I didn't look for a tune, and used a DS3. Got 1:39.944 after probably an hour. I am currently 9805th.

The aerodynamics in these cars work in such a way that you have to be going either very fast or very slow to make a corner, by the end I was leaning to make the corners like I was in a motorcycle, to help convince myself it was possible to do that corner at that speed (it did help).

I did have driving aids on, and after I got gold, I stopped. I'm happy with that already.

Down to a 1:30.767 and I'm pretty damn happy with that. The way I'm driving the car at the moment, my ultimate lap would be a 1:30.4XX. Running no aids except ABS-1

To be world 91st and amoungst some very fast names after not playing the game for very long is really awesome.

Oh and my gf posted a blistering time of 3:38... I think you're safe whoosiergirl

Congratulations :cheers: on your lap and your girlfriend has to start somewhere :)

I bought the FGT last night and broke my personal 30 minute "I can't listen to this crazy buzzing any longer" record I set at Mazda by a whole 10 minutes. I'm starting to understand why I see so many "PD fix the sound threads".

1:30.8xx after 10 or so laps (with no aids, like the BIG BOYS:rolleyes:) using the setup from @SW__10. Thank you for sharing, the setup fits me perfectly. I will probably never use it again but, I liked it so much I didn't sell it as I had planned.

Yesterday improved my time by something like .150 on two laps in a row, which was fun. My time is now 1.30.5 flat and it's so pretty number it would be horrible to smash it, but I think I'll give it a try anyway. I mean my current record seemed like it was just quite tidy lap whit no major hiccups, so I think I'll try to push it a bit more tonight and see how it goes...

And this all just after 1700 km :lol::lol: With average speed of 200kmh it takes something like.... Hmmm... 8,5 hours or something... Just above my average day in work :D so not even that much playing :lol:

EDIT: Hahahha, just doing some laps and it really seems that "pushing it a bit more" it's not such a good idea :lol: some sort of zen buddha approach is more suitable I think:lol:

Stay calm Dirty, stay calm!!

EDIT n.2: Jej, improved over .2 today, not very zen like lap and actually quite poor first sector, but anyway 👍 really nice tune from SW_10!

Last edited:
Wish I had tried this TT sooner, dropped a little more to a 1:30.456. I think I could get down to 29's with more laps but battling a flu bug and heading for bed.

Wish I had tried this TT sooner, dropped a little more to a 1:30.456. I think I could get down to 29's with more laps but battling a flu bug and heading for bed.
Hi WhoosierGirl, Sorry to hear your sick, you get your rest and feel better so you can get back out there and Drive. 👍 Get Well and let me guess your FGT is Pink :dunce: :lol:

Since SW posted hes tune I improved somethin like 2 tenths a day, I had many good opportunitys to brake .30 mark yesterday but at the end I didn't have the energy to make it. 1.30:0xx is still really good and the fact that I was still improving just tells how good of a tune it was from @SW__10

Million thanks again for all the tuners!! Thanks to you I made it pretty high at the rankings, once again :)

:gtpflag:

The FGT was great fun but perhaps a bit too fast for this old guy with DS3; 1:31.637 for P214 was all i could muster. Congrats to all who did good on this one!👍

....-Well all exept that italian on P2 AND P3:tdown: -Why anyone would want to be known for being a dxxxhead in stead of being a great driver, beats me! I see he's a TRL-guy (that's some kind of League/community, right?) -so do you Guys allow dxxxheads?

The FGT was great fun but perhaps a bit too fast for this old guy with DS3; 1:31.637 for P214 was all i could muster. Congrats to all who did good on this one!👍

....-Well all exept that italian on P2 AND P3:tdown: -Why anyone would want to be known for being a dxxxhead in stead of being a great driver, beats me! I see he's a TRL-guy (that's some kind of League/community, right?) -so do you Guys allow dxxxheads?
I actually gave this one a try on DS3 since people were complaining it's really hard... I just made a gold time but it was terribly hard, I mean another thing is to control that acceleration, but I found out that the actual steering was absolutely horrible, with DS I could not even get the car in the driving line, not to even mention how many times I corrected my line trough corners. I really can't comprehend how you guys manage to do it.. Absolytely horrendeus, never again :lol:

Just making an observation here but it seems that TRL has had some bad apples in the past and I have heard more bad than good about TRL. I know nothing about them so I don't have an opinion either way about them myself, just going by what I've read and heard about them.

TRL=Team RedLine

Just making an observation here but it seems that TRL has had some bad apples in the past and I have heard more bad than good about TRL. I know nothing about them so I don't have an opinion either way about them myself, just going by what I've read and heard about them.

TRL=Team RedLine
@Doodle Was part of TRL for a period of time, he might have something to say about it:)

et_
@Doodle Was part of TRL for a period of time, he might have something to say about it:)

Yea, I thought he was, wasn't 100% sure though. 👍 Again, just let me make this clear to everyone before I start getting tons of hate mail. I am not saying anything bad about them myself as I haven't had any interaction with them myself at all so I don't have a personal opinion of them one way or the other. Only saying that I have read/heard more bad than good, that's all.

Piratta666Piratta wanted to get back in the Team so IMMORTAL gave him a chance to drive with TRL tag but he made other accounts an pushed Mixi'Beau & Jb down the Leaderboard, an we dont like this kind of thing, its very unsporting.

Everyone remembers in GT5 that TC dominated TimeTrial's an they would never help or share Setup's not even doodle who everyone looks up to in here, so now in GT6 they have competition, so many bad things said against us for no reason, all we do is try are best just like everyone else, an because we are in a Team an are friends we share an help eachother, we are competitive you have to be, so sharing setups is not something that we like, you have alot of guys here with setups to help.

I've not had any bad interactions with TRL myself. Race/talked with 4-5 of them. How many are there?

TRL_CAGE myself
TRL_beau
TRL_IMMORTAL
TRL_Mixi125
TRL_jb
TRL_Cbastjan
TRL_Spurgy777
TRL_LUCAS
TRL_SAMURAI
TRL_coloniero19
TRL_CRANK
TRL_PROST_RACING

An others who i declare very inactive.

Most guys you will see are beau'mixi'jb an immortal, coloniero an prost racing are brothers an they do TT's together, sometimes i see the others on but not much, at the start of GT6 i seen alot of drivers, but atm GT6 isnt good for me, i have had 5th an 7th place finishes an other good finishes but with my 2yr Old DFGT is seriously not good i lose so much time in corners with accuracy of pedal, with G27 i know its possible to get 1st.

Piratta666Piratta wanted to get back in the Team so IMMORTAL gave him a chance to drive with TRL tag but he made other accounts an pushed Mixi'Beau & Jb down the Leaderboard, an we dont like this kind of thing, its very unsporting.

Everyone remembers in GT5 that TC dominated TimeTrial's an they would never help or share Setup's not even doodle who everyone looks up to in here, so now in GT6 they have competition, so many bad things said against us for no reason, all we do is try are best just like everyone else, an because we are in a Team an are friends we share an help eachother, we are competitive you have to be, so sharing setups is not something that we like, you have alot of guys here with setups to help.

Well one thing is you're not sharing tunes other than among yourselves; that's your choise and i respect that. But what i've bolded here, suggests that you only have eyes for yourselves: Everybody gets pushed Down the leaderboard by Pirata, you know!;)

EDIT: ...oh; and Doodle has been known to share tunes from time to time...

Last edited:
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_10.jpg

While your pictures are always quite nice nick77, I think this isn't really the place to just post a picture on its own. Maybe a little info about your lap or how you thought the car behaved along with the picture would be nice. 👍

I don't mean to come off as rude and surely would miss seeing your pics here but if you are just interested in sharing your pics there is a photomode forum for that. :cheers:

While your pictures are always quite nice nick77, I think this isn't really the place to just post a picture on its own. Maybe a little info about your lap or how you thought the car behaved along with the picture would be nice. 👍

I don't mean to come off as rude and surely would miss seeing your pics here but if you are just interested in sharing your pics there is a photomode forum for that. :cheers:

Nothing much to add to what others have said, this is an old seasonal event.

Well one thing is you're not sharing tunes other than among
yourselves; that's your choise and i respect that. But what i've bolded here, suggests that you only have
eyes for yourselves: Everybody gets pushed Down the leaderboard by Pirata, you know!;)

EDIT: ...oh; and Doodle has been known to share tunes from time to time...

Ofcourse i know that everyone gets pushed down the leaderboard but the reason why he wont be in Team anymore is because he make other accounts which have bad name against us, believe you me we have helped guys before in TimeTrials, i did a TimeTrial with Samurai an he shared Setup on here, i seen all these setups on here that was so much different to the setup that the car comes with, so in a private msg i sent a guy the setup i was using an all i did was change Toe Angles an Camber in the Suspension Setting's, i have respect for all drivers but when you begin to fight for Top Spot you dont want to share this is natural,

I find it a great shame to ask help with setup because even thou you might beat them with the setup, without the setup you have already lost thats my own opinion,

I remember once when Doodle drive an he wouldnt share setup, he said he wasnt allowed which is fair enough. I always wanted to know what the setups where that the TC guys used just for information, i wasnt doing TT's at that stage but i did do alot of High Class League Racing, so alot of my time was spent tuning, i once played tuned for 3 days no sleep just to improve my car i always believed i could go faster, although i wouldnt recommend doing that very bad for eyes.

Ofcourse i know that everyone gets pushed down the leaderboard but the reason why he wont be in Team anymore is because he make other accounts which have bad name against us, believe you me we have helped guys before in TimeTrials, i did a TimeTrial with Samurai an he shared Setup on here, i seen all these setups on here that was so much different to the setup that the car comes with, so in a private msg i sent a guy the setup i was using an all i did was change Toe Angles an Camber in the Suspension Setting's, i have respect for all drivers but when you begin to fight for Top Spot you dont want to share this is natural,

I find it a great shame to ask help with setup because even thou you might beat them with the setup, without the setup you have already lost thats my own opinion,

I remember once when Doodle drive an he wouldnt share setup, he said he wasnt allowed which is fair enough. I always wanted to know what the setups where that the TC guys used just for information, i wasnt doing TT's at that stage but i did do alot of High Class League Racing, so alot of my time was spent tuning, i once played tuned for 3 days no sleep just to improve my car i always believed i could go faster, although i wouldnt recommend doing that very bad for eyes.

I am not ashamed to say that i make use of other peoples setups and i'm very thankful for them. But i am also learning Little by Little how to do it myself so hopefully the day will come, when i make the tune from scratch to my personal preferations (once i figure out what THEY are:lol:).

Just to be clear: I have nothing against your -or anybody's team: It's any individuals or teams right to protect their settings.👍 It was solely the actions of a certain pirate that drove me to write...

Nothing much to add to what others have said, this is an old seasonal event.

True and fair enough, I just mean to say that this is a place to discuss seasonals primarily.

But I suppose that's enough mini-modding for me today so carry on. :lol: 👍

I am not ashamed to say that i make use of other peoples setups and i'm very thankful for them. But i
am also learning Little by Little how to do it myself so hopefully the day will come, when i make
the tune from scratch to my personal preferations (once i figure out what THEY are:lol:).

Just to be clear: I have nothing against your -or anybody's team:
It's any individuals or teams right to protect their settings.👍 It was solely the actions of a certain
pirate that drove me to write...

Yeah no problem :)

Like you i also used to try setup's, what i did first was that i read MotorCity Hamiltons thread on GT5 to understand tuning an his thoery, everyday i would read it over an over, then i just adapted to what suited me as am no abs driver an that changed how i needed my brakes an roll bars then once you change one thing then you can change others, tuning for Online is i believe different for TimeTrials, on TT's i think there is more grip,

Main Reason i jumped at chance to join TRL was because of the help with setups an to help me with motivation, i had no pressure to be fast no one does in TRL, but i was dedicated to learning improving, in my mind i felt like i was the guy who was trying the hardest, everynight an day i would be putting in Laps pushing myself an so would IMMORTAL, he would come on at night an this is why have so much respect for him, he doesnt just drive to be 1st he drives to put in the fastest lap he can this is something i admire,

Dedication is everything :)

Back