Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
Yeah no problem :)

Like you i also used to try setup's, what i did first was that i read MotorCity Hamiltons thread on GT5 to understand tuning an his thoery, everyday i would read it over an over, then i just adapted to what suited me as am no abs driver an that changed how i needed my brakes an roll bars then once you change one thing then you can change others, tuning for Online is i believe different for TimeTrials, on TT's i think there is more grip,

Main Reason i jumped at chance to join TRL was because of the help with setups an to help me with motivation, i had no pressure to be fast no one does in TRL, but i was dedicated to learning improving, in my mind i felt like i was the guy who was trying the hardest, everynight an day i would be putting in Laps pushing myself an so would IMMORTAL, he would come on at night an this is why have so much respect for him, he doesnt just drive to be 1st he drives to put in the fastest lap he can this is something i admire,

Dedication is everything :)

Very informative; thank you!👍

But yeah; i know i could improve a lot on the reading part -and as for @Motor City Hami : A capacity here for sure, and one who got my particular respect less than an hour ago, when i discovered how much better his gearing was in the Senna-TT.👍

I wasn't kidding when i said i don't know my personal preferences. Sure; with DS3 standard X-throttle config., there are certain do'es and don't's, but otherwise i figure i pretty much adapt to the car; so if a tune is posted that is able to do a top time, then that's good enough for me -not saying that i'm not modding it a tad. I've only been online for two years now and so far, i've been making constant Progress in TT's, so that's keeping up the exitement: Newly made my best TT-finish at pos. 30 in the Matterhorn Dristelen event; and the thing is i had a lousy T1 in my best lap; was able to beat it by .220 secs. so even then, i was still at a point, where i could improve by driving the car as it were, up to what would be just about what a +50 yo. with a DS3 could hope for!

Piratta666Piratta wanted to get back in the Team so IMMORTAL gave him a chance to drive with TRL tag but he made other accounts an pushed Mixi'Beau & Jb down the Leaderboard, an we dont like this kind of thing, its very unsporting.

Silverstone

TRL beau finished 6th and GTP beau finished 19th, is this not the same thing that Piratta did?

Willow 500pp

TRL Mixi125 5th. Mixi125 21st

Willow 4wd

Beau231 7th. GTP beau 30th

Seems fairly common huh? Do unto others but don't to it to me.

Silverstone

TRL beau finished 6th and GTP beau finished 19th, is this not the same thing that Piratta did?

Willow 500pp

TRL Mixi125 5th. Mixi125 21st

Willow 4wd

Beau231 7th. GTP beau 30th

Seems fairly common huh? Do unto others but don't to it to me.
If I remember correctly, GTP_beau's lap was done by TRL_Beau's brother.

I find it as likely as the three Saudi accounts having the same name in their player ID being siblings.

And if it is true just so it doesn't look bad on the TRL team it shouldn't be done with such a similar name.

Well i can't say that i chose to write the part about only having eyes for oneselves randomly. At times i have also detected aliens only being concerned about what's done onto them. If you look in the sticky thread, i think this moral shines through here and there. particularly -and i'm sorry to bring this on to the most contributing member on the seasonals these days- @et's post #175 (don't know how to link; sorry) made me drop my jaw...

Could we be clear on this: The top folks are likely more enthusiastic about their rankings than your average nbr. 1500; granted! but as we know there ARE folks in the thousands fighting to better their rankings, it's just as annoying and misguiding(!!) that people set times there with secondary accounts. As i see it, there should be a congregation of gentlemen (-and -women!) -elitedriver-secondary's fighting to have the last spot, just inside the gold time! I think @soupcan has laid out a few solid bricks there -but i could still be missing out on that good reason for doing Things otherwise...?

Last edited:
so alot of my time was spent tuning, i once played tuned for 3 days no sleep just to improve my car i always believed i could go faster, although i wouldnt recommend doing that very bad for eyes.

HAhahah, had a good morning laugh!! I believe you sir, 100% I won't never do that :lol:

And yeah, it would be great to see those tunes sometimes, I mean it's a great privilege to have any fast guys posting their tunes and I understand fully if someone doesn't share setup, it's a competition after all :lol: but just to have an idea how those guys do it, it would be great to do some laps on immortal setup... But yeah, in the mean while I think it would be a great idea to learn to tune :lol:

I'm new here, and I don't race competitively, but I know for a fact if I was fighting to be #1 I'd post my tune so I knew I was the best driver, not tuner.

Yes, I can confirm that this is right. Beau just told me that there is no point for his brother to make a new account and have to get all the cars and money again, which I agree with:tup:.

Hi , I am trying gold in this seasonal event , but i am pad driver.
Is there anyone with a good tuning for pads, i only see tunes for wheel driving.

Hi @mhbuxe

When I did this event I made a couple of adjustments that I found made the car a bit nicer to drive, for my driving style at least. I'm a pad driver too, and it got me a 1:31.320 for 159th place after a fair few runs. It's capable of going quite a lot faster; I can beat the first sector time I set in that lap by around half a second fairly consistently, but wasn't able to replicate the end of the lap for a better time, unfortunately. :(
Anyway, here are my settings (gearbox stolen from Praiano63 IIRC):

Suspension:

Ride Height 55/45
Spring Rate 18.00/18.00
Dampers (Compression) 8/8
Dampers (Extension) 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars 7/7
Camber Angle (-) 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle -0.05/0.05
Brake Balance 6/8

Drivetrain:

Transmission:

Reset to Default
Set final gear to 5.500
Set Max. Speed (Defined Automatically) to 149mph (238km/h)
Set gears as follows:
1 5.300
2 4.141
3 3.354
4 2.771
5 2.337
6 1.986
7 1.725
Final Gear 3.300

LSD:
Initial Torque --/10
Acceleration Sensitivity --/10
Braking Sensitivity --/5

Body:

Downforce 700/900
Ballast Weight 0kg
Ballast Position 0%

I didn't do an oil change, but if you did I'm sure a power reduction or applying some ballast in the middle of the car shouldn't make too much of a difference to the car to drop you the few required PP.

I also raced with TCS on 1 as this car is such an animal, and I used manual gears and upshifted early when anywhere near a corner (maybe 4k rpm before the redline). Good luck. :)

EDIT: I really should point out that I am a novice when it comes to tuning, and that I didn't even consider adjusting some of the suspension settings. With some more tweaking I'm sure this unrefined tune could be made a lot better, but hey, at least it was made by a pad driver. :)

I'm new here, and I don't race competitively, but I know for a fact if I was fighting to be #1 I'd post
my tune so I knew I was the best driver, not tuner.

That's your choice an opinion :) but in my eyes a setup wont make you fast, you the driver makes the setup fast, although some people say i cant drive that setup it doesnt suit my steering/driving style which is fine but because its a game its very easy to adapt, some cars i do not like but i am good at getting the right balance for, understeer is terrible i find too much grip/downforce on front sometimes but thats something i have focused on alot.

To be honest in TimeTrials there is no true reflection on Leaderboard because not everyone tries each TT an puts in as much effort some people just do it for fun/credits, i have seen before really quick guys who do a lap then come off an finish in the hundreds which isnt a true reflection.

In a TimeTrial the main aim is to put in the fastest time you can, People should focus on the TimeGap an your friends list because them guys are usually around your same speed so its good to compare.

although some people say i cant drive that setup it doesn't suit my steering/driving style which is fine.
Watching immortal video I would describe hes style as very deliberate suave and calm, making it look like that while on full attack (I would guess hes not holding back, like ever) is truly amazing. Of course I try to be as smooth as I can, but usually it looks like my driving style is "all over the place" when I compare my replays on top guys. So yeah, at least for me there always seems to be time left on track that I could get just by driving more cleanly. But yeah, I still have to admit that without these tunes posted here I would have never gotten in to these TT's they help a lot gyus like me who like to drive but has a little or non intuition about tuning, I mean I can tune my LSD but that's about it.

And yeah, I'm actually keeping an eye out for how much I loose to the world n.1 it's been something like 1s on every 1min on track that I loose. Though I think it still depends little bit on car and track, but if I can keep even that close, I'm usually quite high on leaderboard (witch gives confidence, witch is very important for motivation)

Blaa blaa & good morning :)

Last edited:
While your pictures are always quite nice nick77, I think this isn't really the place to just post a picture on its own. Maybe a little info about your lap or how you thought the car behaved along with the picture would be nice. 👍

I don't mean to come off as rude and surely would miss seeing your pics here but if you are just interested in sharing your pics there is a photomode forum for that. :cheers:
I actually think his pictures is a nice end to the threads when they die, as a last finishing post:)
@nick77 : keep it up m8! :cheers:

Well i can't say that i chose to write the part about only having eyes for oneselves randomly. At times i have also detected aliens only being concerned about what's done onto them. If you look in the sticky thread, i think this moral shines through here and there. particularly -and i'm sorry to bring this on to the most contributing member on the seasonals these days- @et's post #175 (don't know how to link; sorry) made me drop my jaw...

Could we be clear on this: The top folks are likely more enthusiastic about their rankings than your average nbr. 1500; granted! but as we know there ARE folks in the thousands fighting to better their rankings, it's just as annoying and misguiding(!!) that people set times there with secondary accounts. As i see it, there should be a congregation of gentlemen (-and -women!) -elitedriver-secondary's fighting to have the last spot, just inside the gold time! I think @soupcan has laid out a few solid bricks there -but i could still be missing out on that good reason for doing Things otherwise...?
What post are you refering to? I did'nt do post #175

Everyone remembers in GT5 that TC dominated TimeTrial's an they would never help or share Setup's not even doodle who everyone looks up to in here, so now in GT6 they have competition, so many bad things said against us for no reason, all we do is try are best just like everyone else, an because we are in a Team an are friends we share an help eachother, we are competitive you have to be, so sharing setups is not something that we like, you have alot of guys here with setups to help.

I know it's a bit late to get into the discussion, but here's my take. :P

I really enjoyed my time in TC, but I really didn't like how they kept everything so secret to each other. You guys had no idea how much I really wanted to share my knowledge with GTPlanet. So whenever I used one of their tunes, under team orders I had to keep it secret. I dunno. It never sat in me quite right. The times where I did share my tunes with you guys is if it's something I make, not them. Though that didn't happen that often.

I respect them for wanting to keep their tunes to theirselves, but I didn't really like it. Also, language barriers are annoying. :P

et_

well it looks as if you're okay with people having more than one competitive account -even at the very top of the leaderboard. I have long been wondering -and asking here- for a reason why that would be okay...

well it looks as if you're okay with people having more than one competitive account -even at the very top of the leaderboard. I have long been wondering -and asking here- for a reason why that would be okay...
Ok, well maybe a poor choice of words, I dont like them to do it, all I said is that if they do, only one account should be counted:)

et_
Ok, well maybe a poor choice of words, I dont like them to do it, all I said is that if they do, only one account should be counted:)

That's very polite....-How 'bout none?:sly:

Well ok; i realize that was not your mission.;)

Hey guys Mcbride said it all really! We are a team and we race not only for ourselves but in the name of our team so we don't share setups because of that reason also when IMMORTAL targeted members for the team he targeted fast people (myself being on of the slowest in TRL) so its not all necessarily setups! We spend countless hours on the TT's trying really hard to get good times. There seems to be a lot of hate towards us and tbh that's why I moved away from gtp because there is alot of negativity here but also there is a lot of good as well but on our TRL facebook page its all love no negativity what so ever!! As for pirata we all agree that setting times with multiple accounts is a terrible thing and IMMORTAL had words with him, we do not condone multiple laps by same driver!

This "team" and "we don't share setups" stuff is pretty bewildering to someone not immersed in the GT culture. Could someone please explain what teams are "good" and who they include.

This "team" and "we don't share setups" stuff is pretty bewildering to someone not immersed in the GT culture. Could someone please explain what teams are "good" and who they include.
I would'nt worry about it.;)
I've been a part of the GT6 culture and community for a quite a while. I'm concidered to be amongst the top drivers in the world, and yet I could'nt care less about these teams. It's just geeky.

As far as I know, TRL is the best team right now, followed by TC. but I could be wrong.

et_
I would'nt worry about it.;)
I've been a part of the GT6 culture and community for a quite a while. I'm concidered to be amongst the top drivers in the world, and yet I could'nt care less about these teams. It's just geeky.

As far as I know, TRL is the best team right now, followed by TC. but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the reply, I was just kind of surprised people would refuse to divulge their setups. I mean,it is just a video game after all.

On topic: I have still not found a setup to tame the FGT. Does anyone out there have the hot setup?

TimeTrials are a good way to compare yourself but its not a true reflection, because not everyone takes part in every TimeTrial at 100% effort, even the GTAcademy wasnt a true reflection, i seen lots of guys who i know are Top10 Drivers who didnt bother to put in the effort, the Old GT Generation is
moving on i believe, its not as
strong as it uses to be, you have
TimeTrial Drivers an then you
have Online Drivers, i have beating
my teammate TRL_Samurai in
Online but in TimeTrial he was faster, he was so accurate, i guess
it helped he had G27 compared to my DFGT

This cocky sentence deserves two questions:

How many people do you think are top drivers?

Do you think a driver who uses driving aids can be considered a top driver?
Well, it was only based on what people here say, still, I'm not on the level that you are, you're top 20, I'm top 100.
And it was not ment to be cocky, I'm fully aware there are a whole bunch of drivers that can leave me for dust, and you're most likely one of them. Still, I'm easily within the 0.01% of the players. And regarding aids, it's pretty much irrelevant, I use what everyone else use, I've seen you use AS on a couple of occations, as well as Rajman and many other top drivers. You simply use what is provided, when SRF was allowed, everyone was using that. I never use anything in online races tho.

This cocky sentence deserves two questions:

How many people do you think are top drivers?

Do you think a driver who uses driving aids can be considered a top driver?

Hey Eclipse, How many TopDrivers do you think there is? Or to better word it whats your list of TopDrivers Past & Present?

You have the likes of Immortalpilot'Zkippe'DBR'SB'Wolf'Ti Tech'DHoll'Piratta'Amo'Banami' thats just a rough estimate to what i think is "TopDrivers" & yes i would consider yourself to be a TopDriver also :)

TimeTrials are a good way to compare yourself but its not a true reflection, because not everyone takes part in every TimeTrial at 100% effort, even the GTAcademy wasnt a true reflection, i seen lots of guys who i know are Top10 Drivers who didnt bother to put in the effort, the Old GT Generation is
moving on i believe, its not as
strong as it uses to be, you have
TimeTrial Drivers an then you
have Online Drivers, i have beating
my teammate TRL_Samurai in
Online but in TimeTrial he was faster, he was so accurate, i guess
it helped he had G27 compared to my DFGT

A true reflection of what?

It's a wellknown fact, that many players don't participate competitively in TT's -and i'm sure there are even more great drivers, who has never even played GT -so what?

It's good to compare yourself you said, but why limit yourself to the FL? When i get a good run in a TT, i usually check to see what's my ranking among friends, DS3-users, Danes, Scandinavians and indeed the "World". But if (when;)) i get a -say top 22 position, i won't run around screaming that i deserve a F1-seat. But i will know only this: I was in top 22 at that particular event...

A true reflection of what?

It's a wellknown fact, that many players don't participate competitively in TT's -and i'm sure there are even more great drivers, who has never even played GT -so what?

It's good to compare yourself you said, but why limit yourself to the FL? When i get a good run in a TT, i usually check to see what's my ranking among friends, DS3-users, Danes, Scandinavians and indeed the "World". But if (when;)) i get a -say top 22 position, i won't run around screaming that i deserve a F1-seat. But i will know only this: I was in top 22 at that particular event...

Point proven... just negative ******** @Roweer1 , cages comment was a good one! yours is terrible!!!

Back