Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
An interesting point is that this is the first TT where you MUST use a standard car (despite its slight upgrading for GT6). Every other TT was a forced premium or your choice of cars. Perhaps they should have upgraded the FGT to full premium or developed a new 'faux1' car.

Still itching to give it a go, gonna be another week till I can. I was inspired to mention this because I read a lot of the thread for the GT500 event at Laguna Seca & saw how much enthusiasm there is in the world of GT6. Recently I've tried some tunes by praiano, weider, schmo, lloyd & mini stiggy to save myself some time at the gold. My garage & interest level have both improved as a result. I suppose I may be straying off topic but wish to offer thanks for the tunes & say that I love that people are really into this.
To keep on topic I'll vow to post my time & how long it took me to gold in terms of laps/minutes once I eventually get back to a PS3.
Prediction: gold on lap 6 after 15 minutes in position 10,000th. Abs at 1, everything else off.

Still in the top 100 and I know I have some serious mistakes in my lap. Using the praiano tune modified a bit with a tad softer suspension and a little more aggressive LSD. I know I lose a lot at Stowe and the maggot Beckett complex. Also, as nowcontrol says, that top time is looking like gt5 boards all over again.

I enjoyed this seasonal more than I have enjoyed one for a while - it's a great combo once you're used to it!

Often I just gold them and move on but with this one I played around with the settings a bit and managed a 1:31.5 on the DS3 with plenty of short shifting, though admittedly with TC on 1. Good for 21st place at the time which is comfortably the highest I've ever been even if it is early days! There's a good half a second there for me too if I can get a smoother lap in and more with TC turned off if I can manage it well enough without.

God knows how some people are taking turn 1 flat though ... looking forward to seeing how much the times drop.

Oh hush mister 'three tenths better than me'. :P
I don't know what you're talking about. It wasn't me,... It wasn't me I tell ya!! They... They forced me to do it... I had no choice man. Oh wait, you're talking about the game. Ha ha, take that!

Seriously, I think it was a combination of luck and the classic go slow to go fast. Staying on the track seems to help a bit too. :lol:

Wow, wrong paints, hacking, what the hell?? And I think fastest time yesterday was something like 1.29:xxx (not sure) and that seemed pretty normal top time... .24 Wtf :lol:

yep,here we go again

Looks like I picked the right time to take a break from the game. Sounds like the hackers have found a way. :rolleyes: Hopefully its just a one off and nobody else follows his lead but you know how that goes....once one person does it, monkey see, monkey do and there goes the leaderboards. :rolleyes: :lol: Can't say I didn't see this coming though if it is indeed the start of hacking/cheating.

Last edited:
Yep I think it's time PD sat down & have a good hard look at what they are doing ! Because what ever they are doing now is not working .

Best this old guy could get is a 1:36.338 on ds3

Peace out :)

You don't even have to watch the replay to know it's a hack. All you have to do is listen to it. Chirp,chirp,chirp..👎

Looks like I picked the right time to take a break from the game. Sounds like the hackers have found a way. :rolleyes: Hopefully its just a one off and nobody else follows his lead but you know how that goes....once one person does it, monkey see, monkey do and there goes the leaderboards. :rolleyes: :lol: Can't say I didn't see this coming though if it is indeed the start of hacking/cheating.
If hacking/cheating starts on all seasonals, I'm out too. Lets hope PD will "fix" this quickly...

I do hope PD is just really busy trying to release that new track (de la sierra?) somehow I just doubt it :lol:

I believe they are suffering brain freeze from all those ASL challenges 👍

Last edited:
Thought this would be beyond me. Gave this a try using tunes from the forums and managed gold on second lap, well pleased, being over fifty and using controller and placed 1058th at time of getting gold.
Thanks for the tunes.

If people are hacking to post unbeatable times it will really piss me off. Not because it will have ANY effect on where I end up on the leaderboard because I'm not very good, but it will piss me off because I know it will cause a lot of you guys/gals to stop playing quite as much. Players like me need you guys to stay active to learn from and compete against (in our own much slower way LOL) and I will be furious if a single one of you regular Seasonal Event thread posters leaves because of a hacking problem.

First of all, anyone who cheats at a video game to "win" absolutely nothing is a special kind of loser. I could understand if there were cash prizes or something of value given to the winner, but when you cheat and everyone knows you cheated, what have you accomplished? Granted, you have accomplished something if your goal was just to piss people off and get them to stop competing.

I really wish there was an effective way to punish these losers. From what I've read on this forum, the hackers can't even be "banned" because they can just change their PS3 device ID, or something like that, so all they have to do is create a new PSN account, change their device ID and they're up and running and back to being a total loser in minutes.

Oh well... Like I said, I hope this doesn't discourage the people in this thread to the point where you stop participating in these weekly events. I know that I've become a better driver in GT6 because of each of you in one way or another. Whether it was from reading advice you were giving another GTPlanet member, taking tips from a tune you posted, or loading your ghost file to chase after, etc. While I would understand your immense frustration at the leaderboard being violated, I would hope you still remembered that we would all still know who posted legitimate times and who posted a lie for a time.

Back