Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
I logged on this morning just to see that lap for myself. One of the best things about getting GT6 last year was not having suspicions that someone was cheating. This really sucks.

If people are hacking to post unbeatable times it will really piss me off. Not because it will have ANY effect on where I end up on the leaderboard because I'm not very good, but it will piss me off because I know it will cause a lot of you guys/gals to stop playing quite as much. Players like me need you guys to stay active to learn from and compete against (in our own much slower way LOL) and I will be furious if a single one of you regular Seasonal Event thread posters leaves because of a hacking problem.

First of all, anyone who cheats at a video game to "win" absolutely nothing is a special kind of loser. I could understand if there were cash prizes or something of value given to the winner, but when you cheat and everyone knows you cheated, what have you accomplished? Granted, you have accomplished something if your goal was just to piss people off and get them to stop competing.

I really wish there was an effective way to punish these losers. From what I've read on this forum, the hackers can't even be "banned" because they can just change their PS3 device ID, or something like that, so all they have to do is create a new PSN account, change their device ID and they're up and running and back to being a total loser in minutes.

Oh well... Like I said, I hope this doesn't discourage the people in this thread to the point where you stop participating in these weekly events. I know that I've become a better driver in GT6 because of each of you in one way or another. Whether it was from reading advice you were giving another GTPlanet member, taking tips from a tune you posted, or loading your ghost file to chase after, etc. While I would understand your immense frustration at the leaderboard being violated, I would hope you still remembered that we would all still know who posted legitimate times and who posted a lie for a time.
Yeah, I really like the way these threads make these TT's feel like an actual event, especially when they are popular and people are full of spirit. I wouldn't worry too much though, they have 2 weeks to make this up or at least to make it work and it should be a plenty... I mean I've been looking for a reason to take a little motivational brake and if things go like this I don't need to look reasons for it much longer. Really do like this FGT (always nice to drive a formula car) so I think I'll be grinding it regardless all the BS tough. I think....

Last edited:
Who cares about hackers if u've got a hacker in first place & ur in second place u know ur in first place I don't see the problem it's not like it's GT Academy... Just keep going faster to the best of ur ability I say

The problem is this, a 'cheating' hacker will not do a stupidly fast lap but instead would keep the time respectable.

A non-hacker may spend hours on the time trial hoping to take the car to it's limit (and not just their own ability) only to be left wondering what it is in their setup or style that is wanting because someone has cheated.

I've not seen the current P1, the 1.24 I think someone said, but it is a clear statement to PD that there is a vulnerability in the game that needs a fix (could it be because the car is not premium (?) that it doesn't go through the same items check?)

With a 5* tune a 1:27 laptime is possible, however if I post one someone might rate it 3* and say 'in their experience it is average' because the car doesn't have the downforce of a fan car :P

Wouldn't it be possible for PD to check cars entering against known values for cars in time trial events? Things like the car's hidden grip factor, its maximum possible power its engine displacement and aspiration, etc. and its minimum possible weight, and deny entry to any car not meeting those restrictions? A bit like the room restrictions we can place online, but on a car-by-car basis. If they could, surely these ridiculous hacked cars would be a thing of the past in terms of seasonals at least, like they seemed to be for a while.

The #1 laptime is pathetic. We only get the replays of the top 10, so whilst I'm sure few people are annoyed about being demoted a rank by that hacker, those who like to watch the replays to learn from the best will likely be pretty hacked off.

Wouldn't it be possible for PD to check cars entering against known values for cars in time trial events? Things like the car's hidden grip factor, its maximum possible power its engine displacement and aspiration, etc. and its minimum possible weight, and deny entry to any car not meeting those restrictions? A bit like the room restrictions we can place online, but on a car-by-car basis. If they could, surely these ridiculous hacked cars would be a thing of the past in terms of seasonals at least, like they seemed to be for a while.

The #1 laptime is pathetic. We only get the replays of the top 10, so whilst I'm sure few people are annoyed about being demoted a rank by that hacker, those who like to watch the replays to learn from the best will likely be pretty hacked off.
I'm pretty sure they already do that, but what the hackers eventually do is to find loopholes in that script, enabling them to enter anyway.

those who like to watch the replays to learn from the best will likely be pretty hacked off.
images

Well after viewing the (hackers) lap I must say I'm impressed to get that car to 290+ on the straights and crawl around the corners like a granny showed some epic driving skills.

The sad thing is these guys messing with the game code are the reason we won't get the community section back and be able to trade cars with each other as we did in gt5, and also holds up future updates and dlc why PD try to fix the holes these hackers have slipped past so the whole gt community must suffer for one little idiot looking for 5 minutes of fame. (rant over)

Ok, this is off topic (I think most of this thread is :D) but were there a lot of hacking going on on GT 5 TT's? Was PD able to get rid off them eventually?

Asking just out of curiosity, and if I remember correctly I did one TT in GT 5 whit volvo estate and didn't even gold it :lol: I think it was matterhorn s2000 TT in GT 6 when I realized there's an actual chance to make it in top 500 if I just check out some tunes from GTP and boy has it been a blast after that...

With a 5* tune a 1:27 laptime is possible, however if I post one someone might rate it 3* and say 'in their experience it is average' because the car doesn't have the downforce of a fan car :P

I rather hate the fan car so bring it on mate!!! :lol:

Last edited:
ODB
Ok, this is off topic (I think most of this thread is :D) but were there a lot of hacking going on on GT 5 TT's? Was PD able to get rid off them eventually?
It was alot, and a big issue at some point, they occupied the entire top 20.
ODB
Yes, thankfully:) In some events, they where removed within a day or 2, and some events ended with them still on the board, but they was removed a few days afterwards. After about 1½ months, PD managed to block them off completely, however a new form of hacking appeared in december 2013.

The new form of hacking was not as big advantage as before, as the parameters you could change was limited, so it died by itself after a few weeks, however I dont think PD did anything to stop it, as GT6 was already out at that point.

Last edited:
The problem is this, a 'cheating' hacker will not do a stupidly fast lap but instead would keep the time respectable.

In GT5 and I imagine it would be the same in GT6, you could tell the 11 thru 50 cheater by the high TC setting.
Anything over 3 TC is a speed killer and they usually have the ABS high also.

ODB

Asking just out of curiosity, and if I remember correctly I did one TT in GT 5 whit volvo estate and didn't even gold it :lol: I think it was matterhorn s2000 TT in GT 6 when I realized there's an actual chance to make it in top 500 if I just check out some tunes from GTP and boy has it been a blast after that...

I rather hate the fan car so bring it on mate!!! :lol:

@et_ (Elias) is right and remembers the whole hacking fiasco well. Hacking made a complete mockery out of the leader boards at one point, a complete mess. It even got to the point where a few reputable players were even doing it, which made it that much more worse. It did die down a little like Elias said, but it was still going on and just made it where you really didn't know who's time to trust. I sincerely hope it doesn't end up that way again, but I have a bad feeling about it. It wouldn't surprise me if a few more popped up along the way.

If you have access to the replay, it's usually easy to tell if its a hacked car, even minor changes can be noticed by an experienced player, however, if the hacker is also an experienced player, he or she can do it so it looks pretty authentic.

Pretty sad if you ask me. Where's the satisfaction of cheating your way to the top?

I don't care of it's full of hackers, I know all my times are legit

et_
If you have access to the replay, it's usually easy to tell if its a hacked car, even minor changes can be noticed by an experienced player, however, if the hacker is also an experienced player, he or she can do it so it looks pretty authentic.

Yea, I was pretty good at being able to tell if it was a hacked car. If I had doubts, I just downloaded the replay and inspected the replay data. :sly: I could even tell you their setup that they were using. :sly: Still though, just the fact that they were making the leaderboards into one big cheatfest really infuriated me.

I was a hybrider in GT5, but I never did anything like this. I would never mess with competition, whether in seasonals or in an online race. I don't even think I had a single hybrid car with more than 1000hp.

This is ridiculous.

because hax

But yeah I won't bother doing this TT.
Well he was asking Konnichiwa, and I'm also interested why he thinks it's stupid. I watched the cheater video and it is ridiculous, especially the fact he's got a modded car and still can't drive for crap. I understand being upset about this, but not why that would keep you from doing the TT? If you just don't like it, I understand, but if it's simply because somebody else cheated, well then that's kind of like cutting off your own nose to spite your face. It's not like you win anything for finishing first, maybe bragging rights, but who really cares about that? I did the TT, got my credits and paint chip just like everyone else in the top 10, 100, 1000, or however many golded it already. I doubt I'm even in the top 5000, but I got the same prizes, and the fact that I'm not in the top 100...zero ****s given, lol.

Pardon my negativity, but that's just ridiculously stupid, uncalled for, and just shows how attention starved some people are. :mad:

On another note, this just proves what I have been saying all along: Camber is indeed fixed and it does improve lap times. :mischievous: :sly: :lol:

And so it begins again. :rolleyes:

The ONLY positive I can see is at least his PSN ID isn't bad mouthing or otherwise taunting PD which did happen in the past which was disgraceful.

As already mentioned however, it's possibly the start of a very slippery slope where more and more players will start doing it and some might not be as restrained as this guy. :scared:

In other hack-less news, I ran a 1:32.73 with a DS3. even with full downforce and tuned suspension, I didn't feel as comfortable driving flat out as I was with the 97T. Would make a decent Indycar mind. :lol:

Back