Formula Gran Turismo Super Lap - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter et_
  • 404 comments
.33.9 with ds3.....

Mixed suspension, mixes gearbox, LSD mixes as well...everything is mixed, specially my gearbox. I was aiming for killing the damn wheel spin, even tho I've TC2, low LSD I've manage somehow to put all together!
Here's the setup for ds3 players, hope it will help you improve you're time...

(I'm driving TC2, ABS1 and controller sensitivity -1)

Ride height
50/50
SR- 18.50/19.85
Dampers compression 7/9
-----////--Extension 9/7
Anti roll bar 4/6
Camber angle 0/0
Toe angle -13/0.06
Brake balance 7/8
Gearbox
First drag to 5.500 then to max speed 240kmh/149mph then adjust the gears:
1. 5.882
2. 4.335
3. 3.452
4. 2.795
5. 2.350
6. 1.990
7. 1.725

Final gear 3.295/3.300

Drivetrain 9/5/11
Downforce 700/900

NOTE:
Be4 y'all apply this setup, first change oil!

So....on this setup is bit tweaking needed, it depends on driving style. Car is stil bit nervous exiting the corners, but just release the throttle a bit and then max it out on the very exit of the corner, or, if you want to minimize the wheel spin out of the corners, just shift one gear up when you accelerate out of the corner, and when you make it out of the corner shift down to gain max acceleration...

Have fun

.33.9 with ds3.....

Mixed suspension, mixes gearbox, LSD mixes as well...everything is mixed, specially my gearbox. I was aiming for killing the damn wheel spin, even tho I've TC2, low LSD I've manage somehow to put all together!
Here's the setup for ds3 players, hope it will help you improve you're time...

(I'm driving TC2, ABS1 and controller sensitivity -1)

Ride height
50/50
SR- 18.50/19.85
Dampers compression 7/9
-----////--Extension 9/7
Anti roll bar 4/6
Camber angle 0/0
Toe angle -13/0.06
Brake balance 7/8
Gearbox
First drag to 5.500 then to max speed 240kmh/149mph then adjust the gears:
1. 5.882
2. 4.335
3. 3.452
4. 2.795
5. 2.350
6. 1.990
7. 1.725

Final gear 3.295/3.300

Drivetrain 9/5/11
Downforce 700/900

NOTE:
Be4 y'all apply this setup, first change oil!

So....on this setup is bit tweaking needed, it depends on driving style. Car is stil bit nervous exiting the corners, but just release the throttle a bit and then max it out on the very exit of the corner, or, if you want to minimize the wheel spin out of the corners, just shift one gear up when you accelerate out of the corner, and when you make it out of the corner shift down to gain max acceleration...

Have fun

Try raising LSD accel a little. It may solve the exit nervousness? I cannot decide but between 8 & 12 feels right.

Okay so I have a whopping 6 million credits and no Formula Gran Turismo, and am saving for something pricey. I already have GT Chrome-010W and GT Japanese-010W as suitable gold-plate-look and never use them, but I was wondering how Gold Chrome compares to them and if it's worth blowing through the credits to get it for its suitability.

Oh no, not the formula GT! In order to get more chrome I have to relive my worst nightmare :scared:

1.43 so far, doubt I can do much better but I'll keep trying

EDIT: I actually did it... I'm almost speechless now. Apparently it pays to drive without aids

Last edited:
Try raising LSD accel a little. It may solve the exit nervousness? I cannot decide but between 8 & 12 feels right.

It was that"high"but specially on hard acceleration even tho in 4th/5th gear while turning, the wheel is spinning, with low accel, it's set to minimum then it's"driveable", but still, to much power on this tyres tho!

There must be something wrong with this Seasonal TT Formula Gran Turismo @ Silverstone!
Has anybody ever watched the replays of the 2 fastest drivers in the World Ranking List?
Well, #1 is
JDM-D1_DRIFTING
driving a 1:24,417 (!!!) which is 4 seconds faster than #2
His Top Speed: 476 km/h on the last long straight
Sound of the car is completely different than mine (or even of #2)
He's driving with all aids off, but WITH A CONTROLLER (STICK) with manual shifting!

#2 is:
TRL_IMMORTAL
driving a 1:28,487
His Top Speed: 351 km/h on the same last long straight (125 km/h slower than #1)
He's driving also with all aids off, but with a wheel and manual shifting!

I just wonder what the secret is behind this miraculous time of JDM-D1_DRIFTING's 1:24,417 ?
Can this time and top speed be achieved legally or is he using a hack that others don't know?
What makes me specially suspicious is the strange sound of that car (and the top speed, of course).

My current best time is 1:37,330 and my Top Speed there is 347 km/h and my rank is 1920, so I don't bother or be jealous for this #1 time, the question is just:
HOW HAS HE DONE IT???
I don't think that this can be a matter of Setup only, there must something else (legal???) be going on, and I would like to know, what it is!

Or in other words:
I would like to smoke what he must have been Smoking before driving this lap!!!

There must be something wrong with this Seasonal TT Formula Gran Turismo @ Silverstone!
Has anybody ever watched the replays of the 2 fastest drivers in the World Ranking List?
Well, #1 is
JDM-D1_DRIFTING
He's driving with all aids off, but WITH A CONTROLLER (STICK) with manual shifting!

#2 is:
TRL_IMMORTAL
His Top Speed: 351 km/h on the same last long straight (125 km/h slower than #1)

I just wonder what the secret is behind this miraculous time of JDM-D1_DRIFTING's 1:24,417 ?
Can this time and top speed be achieved legally or is he using a hack that others don't know?
What makes me specially suspicious is the strange sound of that car (and the top speed, of course).

My current best time is 1:37,330 and my Top Speed there is 347 km/h and my rank is 1920, so I don't bother or be jealous for this #1 time, the question is just:
HOW HAS HE DONE IT???
I don't think that this can be a matter of Setup only, there must something else (legal???) be going on, and I would like to know, what it is!

Or in other words:

To answer your question about No:1, he's unfortunately using a hacked car with insane power and camber. :rolleyes:

The number 2 driver ( technically the official number 1 ) is a well known leaderboard driver who's always near or at the top of the pack. ;)

Well, #1 is
JDM-D1_DRIFTING

#2 is:
TRL_IMMORTAL

HOW HAS HE DONE IT???

Or in other words:
Hacking or modify data.No smoke, or it would mean i'm smoking also, because it looks like the replay is fast forward, and i did not smoke weed or took XTC, i still see it.
I recorded it and put it on my youtube under the title, "cheater"
JDM-D1-DRIFTER drives like a kid using the redbull X2014 for the first time.
The car does not sound as the FormuleGT.
Also you notice the same thing, last long straight it has a topspeed of 478kmh
while the real normal car with oilchange only hits 351 or 353 KMH on that straght.
Didin't people call it "hybrid" in GT5?
Take cardata from a real fast car and replace it, so you got a 1000hp car with 600PP.
But they used it in special lobbies, not online season events.

Correction, they changed Savegame data, not gamedata itself.
Something called "GT5Garage editor".

Finnally found the clip that got me searching a year ago what was happening.
WARNING!! STRONG LANGUAGE IS USED!!!
Or klick this link

Last edited:
Making hybrids is a practice old as GT people will make them if a way exists, Problem is they want to use them in real races to win rather than offline and free run rooms where nobody really cares

2,800th , no ABS, 1:38, custom tuning, experimenting, wheel, paddle and I don't know this track at all,
not my favorite, it doesn't feel intuitive as after some 30 or so laps around it I still take the last chicane sector then tight corners leading to start/finish like a granny training for lake pedalo.

damn you PD for allowing such ridiculous times to happen on the leaderboard from blatant exploiter(s), such is life.

I believe the secret for success on this track lies greatly in Gearing, and Final gear setting. as I tried all sorts of spring settings, and the car pretty much depends on your gear, for scrub on the tight radius.

I found the LSD settings made a big difference especially through Copse corner and the Beckets complex, but you,re right about the gearing though, luckily I know the track as it's just down the road from where I live. I use a controller and the final corners are tricky.

Any tune setting can be suggested for this TT? I'm using my own setting at the moment..and did 1.30.8xx...I think limit could be around 1.30.2xx...

I'd like to know how some people are going flat though abbey. Doesn't matter what line I take, it's not possible for me.

I guess it's all in the tune

Excuse a novice with a DS3 but this may help others like me. I was struggling to simply get a valid lap until I used Konnichiwa's setup as the base tune.

After a while tweaked a little towards Praiano's setup - I had tried that first but it needed too much, erm, skill! RyanRacer's extreme stability tune tamed the beast but left me without any feel. I halved some of the extreme values and that helped. Below is what finally worked out best for me.

1:32.745 currently 230th in the world, 4 seconds off top valid time. Did 15 valid laps and 50 invalid ones!

TCS: 8 for a safe Gold! Explored the throttle with 7 to get my best time. 6 takes more skill than I have.
ABS: 1
Controller sensitivity: 3

Suspension
Ride height 50/45
Springs 18.50/19.85
Dampers compression 7/9
Dampers extension 9/7
Anti-roll bar 4/6
Camber angle 0/0
Toe angle -0.15/0.08 [this setting affects the car a lot for me]
Brake balance 7/9 [Lower values at the rear make the car oversteer more??? Feels like ABS strength rather than braking strength.]

Gearbox [old school 'tranny trick']
Drag the Final all the right to 5.500, then drag Max Speed all the way left to 240kmh/149mph. Now adjust the gears:
1) 5.300 [all the way left]
2) 3.950 [favour the left to keep these gears long - more grunt than grip]
3) 3.100
4) 2.650 [this could be a tad longer, towards the left]
5) 2.275
6) 1.975 [step towards the right to keep the revs high down the straights]
7) 1.725 [all the way right]
Final 3.500 [top speed 350km/h at end of Hangar Straight]

Drivetrain
LSD 8/10/14 [this also makes a world of difference for me, maybe try 11 or 12 instead of 10?]

Body
Downforce 700/900 [always max downforce in Gran Turismo games!]

Well I didn't see the harm in giving it the old Texas Try after saving my game to a flash drive in case I was unhappy with any part of it. Good Lord that thing is nigh on impossible to drive in default configuration, but on the throwaway lap I switched down to 2/2 brake balance netting me a 1:40.8xx on my 2nd and then after bumping rear brakes up to 3 on the front straight I was able to bring that down to 1:40.0xx. Not bad for three laps without any driving aids (not even ABS) and my old fingers twiddling a controller.
The paint's vibrant, much more than GT Chrome 010-W, and I'll be keeping it--though it seems unlikely I'll ever use it. 2 million to buy, 700k in prize money and 600k sold puts me down 700k from my backup. Meh...

Well, #1 is
JDM-D1_DRIFTING

#2 is:
TRL_IMMORTAL

HOW HAS HE DONE IT???

Or in other words:

It's pretty obvious he's a hacker.

Excuse a novice with a DS3 but this may help others like me. I was struggling to simply get a valid lap until I used Konnichiwa's setup as the base tune.

After a while tweaked a little towards Praiano's setup - I had tried that first but it needed too much, erm, skill! RyanRacer's extreme stability tune tamed the beast but left me without any feel. I halved some of the extreme values and that helped. Below is what finally worked out best for me.

1:32.745 currently 230th in the world, 4 seconds off top valid time. Did 15 valid laps and 50 invalid ones!

TCS: 8 for a safe Gold! Explored the throttle with 7 to get my best time. 6 takes more skill than I have.
ABS: 1
Controller sensitivity: 3

Suspension
Ride height 50/45
Springs 18.50/19.85
Dampers compression 7/9
Dampers extension 9/7
Anti-roll bar 4/6
Camber angle 0/0
Toe angle -0.15/0.08 [this setting affects the car a lot for me]
Brake balance 7/9 [Lower values at the rear make the car oversteer more??? Feels like ABS strength rather than braking strength.]

Gearbox [old school 'tranny trick']
Drag the Final all the right to 5.500, then drag Max Speed all the way left to 240kmh/149mph. Now adjust the gears:
1) 5.300 [all the way left]
2) 3.950 [favour the left to keep these gears long - more grunt than grip]
3) 3.100
4) 2.650 [this could be a tad longer, towards the left]
5) 2.275
6) 1.975 [step towards the right to keep the revs high down the straights]
7) 1.725 [all the way right]
Final 3.500 [top speed 350km/h at end of Hangar Straight]

Drivetrain
LSD 8/10/14 [this also makes a world of difference for me, maybe try 11 or 12 instead of 10?]

Body
Downforce 700/900 [always max downforce in Gran Turismo games!]

You have the foundation and then prepare the car on you're style. I've used preiano's setup, which is made for the wheel, so from that point I try to adapt the car for ds3, as I say, still need tweaking, and when you mix it all together then you'll achieve something.

Solid time, second faster then me, even tho I didn't drive it like two/three hours, I've have two 1 hour stints but with bit practice in on you're time.

Just keep up ;)

Top30 wheel, only one from Croatia is or was 30th when I watched the rankings few days ago.

Easy?! It is, you can try best you're time on a ds3 then write you're opinion!

My best time with a wheel 1:30.504
Best time with my ds3
1:30.594 (and I was 0.1 up going in to final chicane)

Ds3 can be just as fast as a wheel many gtp wrs guys prove that every week on the time trials it's just easier to be more consistant with a wheel

...I already have GT Chrome-010W and GT Japanese-010W as suitable gold-plate-look and never use them, but I was wondering how Gold Chrome compares to them...
I thought GT Chrome-010W was the Gold Chrome? Does this mean you received it elsewhere somehow and if so where? I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to @TexRex 's question since I can no longer get the damn chip having golded the event prior to PD changing the prizes :indiff:

[rant]
The only finicky collectable challenge that PD put in GT6 (having removed the used car garage) and they screw over the dedicated ones...I know that in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter but for those intent on doing the tiny 1 percenters in the game it's disappointing.
[/rant]

Back