Formula Gran Turismo

Anyone have a decent tune for this car? I can't seem to find a decent balance, it either has snap-oversteer under braking or I can cure that but then can't get the power down exiting turns. Thx

Anyone have a decent tune for this car? I can't seem to find a decent balance, it either has snap-oversteer under braking or I can cure that but then can't get the power down exiting turns. Thx

I can't even find the car, have been checking the used car lot after every race. Its the only set of races i need to finish off extreme.

It costs from 5 million and down depending on mileage. I also seriously needs a good set up for this car. Can't do well in the Formula One championship in Extreme Series.

Do you have to buy it from the used car lot? I don't see it in the GT Dealership section.

Jerome

The only person I saw with one, said they transferred it over from GT PSP.

I got it last night in the used car lot, about 4.8 Million. Having my bspec do all the races he can with it. The Formula GT series is pretty difficult, i think i'd need to tweak some suspension settings.

I havn't seen it since i started the game... lol Im starting to get mad i can't find it and i don't want to buy the Ferrari F1 if it won't work..

Does anyone know if the Ferrari's work?

the other post mentioned the ferrari f10 cannot be driven in a-spec only practice.
i got the formula gt yesterday at 4.8m. And i used the same setting on gt4. works fine

downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1

Thanks a lot RekoNagase. That helped me big time. Only tried the first race, but I won. Couldn't come close before I used your set up.

The other thread already mentioned that six new cars will appear after every race. so you don't need to check every race. All you need is a bit luck. I got it twice in my used car lot. Be patient.

I purchased it today, for about 5,8 milion (including engine refreshining and chassis stiffening).
Tried the Formula GT chamionship, first two races i won, but the 3rd(coteazur) i became last.
Tried the setup mentioned here, and couldnt even win the first two races with it.
Maybe it's because i use a DS3. Got a g25 and a fanatec porsche S wheel.
But so far didn't needed it. Maybe this time i will.
Im now going to tweak the setup, because it oversteers like crazy.

Greetings

nismopower

For those waiting for this to appear in the used car lot, try this:
Enter the license tests.
Select B1 test. Keep using the next test icon until you reach B5.
Now exit the tests. You have 30 new cars in your used car lot.
If the Formula isn't in there, repeat the above.

I should mention that you should have 5 million to spend and have reached level 24 A-spec.

downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1

Thanks, I just won the first race with this setup on my first attempt. However, do you think there's any way to correct the significant understeer without sacrificing too much braking power or acceleration? I can definitely still win by out-braking but the understeer is quite heavy particularly at low speeds.

hi, i must have Level 24 to buy the Formula GT, but the Cup is needs level 23, does that mean i must grinding EXP from 5000 to 150000 ???

i hate the f...levelsystem

downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1

thats an awesome set-up cheers :D

I'm using dfgt with my formula gt.. i'm having problems spinning because I tend to step on the brake while I'm cornering/ turning the wheel.. I tried not to do that but there are just some corners like chicanes that i can't help but step on the brake while I steer..

my current settings are:
active steering - off (i tried setting mild but still spins)
traction - 10
skid recovery - on
asm - on
settings - downforce max.. the rest are default (tried the settings above, same story)

any help?

downforce
F 70
R 90
Gear
top speed 242
LSD
15/45/55
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1

Thank you, i get gold on B-spec Gran Turismo Formula race very easy with this settings 👍

For those waiting for this to appear in the used car lot, try this:
Enter the license tests.
Select B1 test. Keep using the next test icon until you reach B5.
Now exit the tests. You have 30 new cars in your used car lot.
If the Formula isn't in there, repeat the above.

I should mention that you should have 5 million to spend and have reached level 24 A-spec.

Pure genius, I have waited for over a week now....
It took me 3 tries and kapow - Formula Gran Turismo.
Thank you.

I guess I don't know about brakes... I usually put them at like 8/9 or 7/8 for MR cars. Never thought to try lowering them like that. I've tried alot of stuff for that car and it spins out with hard braking from high speed into a sharp turn. Also spins out when accelerating out of sharp turns.

I guess I don't know about brakes... I usually put them at like 8/9 or 7/8 for MR cars. Never thought to try lowering them like that. I've tried alot of stuff for that car and it spins out with hard braking from high speed into a sharp turn. Also spins out when accelerating out of sharp turns.

I promise I'm not trying to insult you or anything negative at all...

but what you have said about your issues with the car seem to actually be from driver error. I'm sorry to just go outright and say it, but one big issue with tuning cars, brakes included of course, is that you have to be able to humble yourself and recognize when the issue is yourself, or the car.

And that isn't to say, however, that it's not possible that you are driving fine, but your setup is just wrong, but with the faster the car, the smaller the margin for error.

The other thread already mentioned that six new cars will appear after every race. so you don't need to check every race. All you need is a bit luck. I got it twice in my used car lot. Be patient.

Would you mind giving me some info about when it appeared? We're trying to work out the used car cycle, and rare cars are useful for that.

Do you know around what game days it appeared each time? Or at least how many game days in between appearances? If you could go to the Used Car thread in the Q&A section it would be very helpful.

What game day are you on currently? You can check under the game data in XMB. I think you're the first person I've heard who has seen it twice. We thought there were two (at least) in the cycle, since people have been getting two different prices for them, but you confirm it.

Thanks.

I promise I'm not trying to insult you or anything negative at all...

but what you have said about your issues with the car seem to actually be from driver error. I'm sorry to just go outright and say it, but one big issue with tuning cars, brakes included of course, is that you have to be able to humble yourself and recognize when the issue is yourself, or the car.

And that isn't to say, however, that it's not possible that you are driving fine, but your setup is just wrong, but with the faster the car, the smaller the margin for error.

I'm not saying I'm a master with this crappy Formula GT. I have beat every other GT game 100% and driven the heck out of the F2007 in Prologue (which is much better than the FGT). I have also beaten all other races including the NASCAR challenge in gold... aside from the historic and the german touring ones. I've passed ALL licenses and Special events (other than X1 challenge) mostly with gold.

I used the first setup mentioned on here, and the car did well. Except the other cars destroyed me in acceleration and tire grip. I used TCS-1 AS-OFF SRF-OFF ASM-ON ABS-1. I don't know if that setup has anything to do with it.

Actually I got 4th overall in the F1 Challenge. Mostly because every race I would be fighting for 1st against a car that seemed faster than all the others, and I would mess up a turn slightly and get rammed by the AI behind me, spinning me way out into the dirt. That happened ALOT.

On the Indy road course I was in 2nd on lap 20/20, I got bumped and ended up in something like 11th. Same with Monza, I took 1st on lap 15/20, and the piece of crap in second slammed me off the course when I braked early. I ended up in 10th right after, but I still won the race somehow.

Last edited:
Back