Formula GT World Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveHMCFC
  • 11 comments
  • 1,778 views
Messages
22
Messages
DaveHMCFC
Any useful tips for set up on my car?
 
Keep Traction Control on. (5 or higher) Increase downforce. I'm not an expert but that's what I recommend.
 
Do all the races individually first. Concentration and knowing the tracks is the only real way to do this. When you do the championship remember you don't need to win all the races you can afford to lose one completley. A wheel will definately help you here, the corners are much easier to navigate compared to using DS3, but using DS3 is still doable.
 
Do an endurance race with the FGT before attempting the FGT Championship so you get used to how the car handles in a less stressful atmosphere (i.e. where you can recover from mistakes).
 
Dave, I am doing the championship right now. I am going with all default suspension setting. For LSD, I am using 25/50/20. Turning on all the aids (I usually go with off and ABS =1). Brake 3:0.
 
Keep Traction Control on. (5 or higher) Increase downforce. I'm not an expert but that's what I recommend.

Ignore this post.

Traction control isn't a tuning setup and it isn't advice. Recommending traction control is recommending dumbing down the racing experience. It's like telling someone, "Turn the difficulty down to easy mode". If you want to play "easy mode", then fine, run to traction control. Easy mode isn't a tip or a strategy, however.

A few actual tips:
 
i'm doing the championship now, too. i have found two things worth some attention:

- getting the sensitivity set right on my DS3. what controller are you using?
- learning how to throw the car into corners and catch its oversteer predictably. there is absolutely no substitute for practice.

also, be careful with traction control settings. the higher you have it set, the more throttle is cut when the steering angle is high. that limits how hard you can accelerate coming out of corners. and believe me, if you can't come out of corners fast enough, you're losing the race on this one.
 
Just a little tip, if you win every 4 of the 6 races, you can skip 2 and tie 1st place, worked for me!
 
Knowing the car's limitations in each corner of each track will get you on yur way to Gold. Throttle control - meaning, the rear will oversteer if you floor it in a curve, be patient and exercise your own limitations as a driver. If you are confident with your driving style AND you don't like a particualar tune, try another one, for there are some recommended tunes floating around here that are not meant for a wheel setup at all. Brake Balance 8/2 or 4/1, and good luck, there is very little room for error to even maintain top 3 positions. It's a great challenge, for this is the only even left for me to do in A-spec.
 
Dave, I am doing the championship right now. I am going with all default suspension setting. For LSD, I am using 25/50/20. Turning on all the aids (I usually go with off and ABS =1). Brake 3:0.

Dave, I finished the championship last night after that post. 1st place in the first 5 races and I quit the last race. 2.5 hours was a little too long for me.

I had started this weeks ago and quit in frustration because the tail would swing out everytime I braked. Changing the brake bias to 3:0 did the trick. LSD settings helped with the throttle too. Downforce all the way up. Transmission setting is key too. For Cote d'Azur I used 199 mph. All other races 249 mph.

For driving aids, I used ASM for the first 2 races and then turned it off for the last 3 races. I had traction control at 5. SRF on. ABS 10. Active Steering strong. Automatic transmission. I usually go with manual and ABS 1 (with everything else off), but the Formula GT was just too much for me.

The DFGT was vibrating like crazy I thought something was broke. I may finish Suzuka tonight.

Good luck.
 
Back