Formula of Speed: Chapter 4; Page 21 - Exchange of Blows

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
IMPORTANT!

This is my latest creation. If this is the first of my fanfics you came across, I suggest you take your time reading the others first. The link provided will direct you to a thread of the list of my other fanfics. They are listed in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

This fanfic contains:

- Almost all forms of motorsport, not just Takuma's adventure in F1. Expect full attendance of the Dream Alliance here. WRC, and Super GT will also be highlighted.

- It contains espionage and action.

- Crossovers are expected.

Chapter 1​

Butterfly

Page 1 - Return

Time: 10 am

9621396584_6ee25f9b97_c.jpg

Shiro: "Wow, I guess this is a very busy racing season for all of us."

9621396276_b06ccea619_c.jpg

9621395980_efb034c4bd_c.jpg

Shiro: "I sure do hope that The Dream Alliance is doing well, especially for Takuma-san. Venturing to F1 is like entering in a mine field."

9621395746_201eaf8e07_c.jpg

Shiro: "I gotta do something with this car's oversteer. Hmmmm... perhaps adjusting the brake balance will help."

9618156653_b29aaf53e8_c.jpg

Shiro: "I get sufficient boost in the mid-range rpms and more power as well. Perfect for Super GT. But at the expense of added weight, though."

9621395160_a76be73be8_c.jpg

Shiro: "2 minutes and .8 seconds. Not bad... But I expect better than this. Gotta work all night for the car's settings.

The Legend will be back...

Just wait, Super GT."

Time: 10:30 am

9621394870_8f2d35d492_c.jpg

Damn... I gotta adapt to this!

9618155659_961300e470_c.jpg

What I normally do in racing a car, cannot be simply applied here! F1 machines are in a totally different league! So do the drivers!

9618155435_96693e7e34_c.jpg

I can corner a lot faster with this one, obviously. And I can brake later. I have to drill them in my head.

9621393868_a1b09e78c4_c.jpg

And of course, this also requires throttle control.

I returned to the pit lane, and what a surprise... The Dream Alliance is also here!

Takanori: "How are you now?"

I gave him a brotherly hug, and a punch on his gut.

Takanori: "That hurts a lot!"

Takuma: "What a pleasant surprise."

Samui: "Of course we will root for you!"

Nobuyuki: "But we also have our own races to take care of, Takuma-san. Lots of them coming up."

Takuma: "Much better than doing nothing. I'm completely fine. You must focus on what fate throws at you."

Samui: "We'll try our best in watching your F1 races as often as we can, okay?"

Takuma: "Though I admit, it's tough. I've got to get used in the dynamics of an F1 car. It's like I'm going back to zero. What I normally do in racing cars is almost completely useless in driving an F1."

Takanori: "The four of us will go into rallying soon."

Takuma: "That's great news."

Nobuyuki: "Well, I have lectured enough. I gotta help Takanori-san and Samui-kun for rallying."

Takuma: "Since the crew is busy setting up, why don't we have lunch together?"

And so we head down to a cafe in the circuit's premises. I will miss that moment, that's for sure...

Time: 9 pm

8409823483_1a3300bb85_c.jpg

Agent Clinton: "Where is he? Did he eat too much for dinner?"

They see the door opening.

Sayuki: "Oh, there he is..."

Shiro: "Sorry, I'm late. So, what's the latest intel?"

Agent Clinton: "It's good that you have confirmed your participation on the Super GT. Because this is where your mission starts.

Shiro: "What is it, then?"

Agent Clinton: "I have received reports that some henchmen of a big crime group in Europe - named Harbingers - are already here in Japan to assassinate a certain racer."

Shiro: "And who could that be?"

And Agent Clinton presses a button on his computer. Then a man's picture is shown at the big screen.

Agent Clinton: "Keith Ross. That assassination mission is just one of their plans of dominating the racing world."

Shiro: "I kinda seen that guy before. I saw him during the briefing of racers in Super GT."

Sayuki: "So far, we have no info as to what GT500-spec car would he be driving."

Shiro: "I'm on it."

Agent Clinton: "Protect him at all costs."

Shiro: "Understood."

Sayuki: "Be grateful I found you, Nobuhiko... And your natural abilities prove to be essential for this job. I know this is tough. Don't worry, only he and I in this room know your reincarnation. And you volunteered in joining us, anyway."

Shiro: "I have to live on a new life. But a life of danger, that is. And if my loved ones are their next target... then I'll lay down my life to protect them. I don't fear death anymore. If I am to die again, then so be it."

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Protect Keith! I still need him alive. :)

Get Koji and Izumi involved if you want. Keith drives the Weider HSV (or Raybrig Honda Premium if you can't implement it).

And if this is happening after my chapter 3.. more notes in spoilers. They aren't that big.

- The dream team of killers: Gary and Ginoa reunite and returns to Japan, under employ of Vulture. They are on the Worlds Most Wanted and Clinton's agency is ordered a shoot on sight, much to Izumi's disgust.

- The Harbinger is in hiding. Small splinter groups operate to bring them back after their defeat in Germany. Feel free to make up what that group will consist of.

- Keith is not the Infernal Phoenix.

Page 2 - The Target

Since Super GT is just around the corner, a lot of racing teams are busy doing preparations in various racetracks around Japan. Shiro manages to locate Keith Ross, thanks to the intelligence network of CIA, and as well as the information given on the Super GT official list of participating teams. He heads to Fuji Speedway, where Keith is seen driving a Honda HSV-010 GT.

Shiro: "HSV, huh? Interesting... maybe it can give a lot of competition for my Supra. Well, I intend to win this championship, anyway. But... there's a conflict of actually protecting him. Not that I view him as my complete enemy. However, a mission is a mission."

keith1_zpsd1a84e21.jpg

Shiro then goes to the back to observe Keith further.

keith2_zpsd09cb193.jpg

Shiro: "And he's not bad.... I'm sure someone is a good teacher. Just as long as he is a worthy opponent to give a tap to."

keith3_zps50cc7e2a.jpg

Shiro: "I just wonder why someone like him will be a target of assassination. He even has yet to make a name for himself."

keith4_zps3857e13a.jpg

keith5_zpsd9e6b692.jpg

Shiro: "According to the dossier, he is the younger brother of a well-known racer named Jacob. That perhaps could be the reason... So I have Jacob as a person of interest as well. And he has a nice cowboy hat. To think I inspired Jacob... and he had an excellent run in Suzuka."

Then the HSV returns to its pit garage. Keith gets out of the car and tells his feedback to his crew. Keith then notices Shiro's Supra, since it looks very close to the one that he had driven before. Shiro is just observing his crew working on his Supra.

ShiroNobu_zps3cef741c.jpg

Keith: "Such a nice Supra there, man. Hey, I thought it's not gonna run. Wait... this one has a different bodykit."

Shiro: "Exactly. I expected you to say that. There are similarities to that Supra famous in Suzuka."

Keith: "Hajimemashte, Keith Ross desu."

(Greetings, I am Keith Ross.)

Shiro: "Boku wa Chouji Toshiro desu. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu."

(I am Toshiro Chouji. Pleased to meet you.)

Keith: "I only know a bit of Japanese, but learning more. I have been living here with my brother for quite a while."

Shiro: "I see. Out of all races, why Super GT?"

Keith: "Going around circles, literally, can sometimes be boring. And I have been hearing and reading everything about Super GT. Seems very fun for me! And I am actually inspired by the so-called "GT500 Legend".

Shiro: "Nice. I do hope you enjoy Japan's greatest racing series. And I won't lose to you."

Keith: "May the best man win."

Keith returns to his crew. Shiro goes back to observing his crew as well.

Shiro: "He's friendly. And he has similar positive aura as Takanori-san. I can get along with him easily that way."

Time: 10 pm

Keith takes out the trash rather tiredly, as he just arrived from a long trip from Shizuoka.

Suddenly, two men in executive attire arrive and forcibly take him.

Keith: "Wait! Who are you!? Where are you taking me!?"

Henchman: "We'll take you to your brother."

Keith: "What!? Parents tell us not to talk to strangers! Let me go!!!"

However, from above, Shiro attacks one of the henchman using a dive kick followed by spinning kicks three times on the henchman's head.

Keith: "I didn't know that Juri Han's Aerial Dive Kicks are possible. Shiro!?"

Without a word, Shiro delivers a roundhouse kick that disarms the other henchman. Then he grapples the man by throwing him down the ground and stepping on his chest.

Shiro: "I'll explain everything later. Get inside!"

Keith complies. Just as the other henchman rushes at Keith, Shiro then uses the 2nd henchman and hurls his body to the other. The two henchmen are thrown back. He picks up the two guns and points them at both.

Shiro: "Move an inch, and you might lose your heads with these."

Then Agent Clinton arrives the scene, handcuffing the two men. Keith heads out once again.

Keith: "What's going on here!?"

Shiro: "Keith Ross, please come with us. We will explain everything to you."

Agent Clinton: "Good work, Shiro. I knew it. They would definitely attack Keith in his house."

Shiro: "I have already seen them following Keith upon he got out from Fuji Speedway."

They take Keith to Agent Clinton's room in the CIA headquarters. The puzzled American just looks around.

Keith: "Such a big room."

Sayuki: "Oh what brings you here?"

Keith: "Some men attacked me, and then Shiro-san saved me. I don't know what's going on!"

Sayuki: "Because you are Jacob's little brother..."

Shiro: "...you are their target as well."

Keith: "I know my brother's exploits, but I am clean! I don't want to get involved into this!"

Shiro: "You have already been in their hit list for a long time, ever since you moved here."

Agent Clinton: "Remember, these criminal groups will do everything to lure your brother out, even if that means killing you."

Sayuki: "Now you have a choice... either you give up and hide, or resume and die."

Keith: "Hey I went so far for me to give up! I cannot stop! I cannot let my dreams be destroyed!"

Shiro: "I understand. I'm a racer too. Agent Clinton, Sayuki-san, I'll protect him. I shall be his racing partner."

Keith: "Great to hear! But I don't want some goons following on us... I want this to be settled immediately."

Shiro: "That's why I'm protecting you. Until we arrest all the culprits behind this, attacks on you are expected."

End of Page 2

- Hajimemashte - Only uttered once upon meeting the person for the first time.

- ShiroNobu (yes, that's how I call Nobuhiko now) will definitely retain his martial arts prowess.

- Expect some more action in this chapter.

It seems that Keith has his own adventures without Jacob or Gary to protect him. 👍

And, it seems we wait a whole lifetime.. for Jacob.

Page 3 - Femme Fatale

The first round of the Super GT is happening. It takes place once again in the Route 246 in Aoyama area, just like the past season. Keith and Shiro prepare themselves for the race.

Keith: "Man, I'm nervous all over! Hey, isn't that a bit mean, that you made me start at the last place?"

Shiro: "You want fun, right? Then that's the fun part."

Keith: "Yeah, but... the other teams look so serious in setting up their cars."

Shiro: "You know why Super GT is renowned all over the world? It's because the tension is greater than the rest of the FIA GT Championship races. With so little things that will restrict us, it's everybody's option to go all-out. And you are entering in shark-infested waters."

Keith: "That's exactly what Nobuyuki-san said."

Shiro: "Then keep them in mind. I have high hopes for you, and I hope you make that statement true. Better make my sacrifice worthwhile."

Keith: "Roger!"

Shiro: "And focus on the race. I'll do the bodyguard job for this one."

After the opening ceremonies, the race starts in a rolling manner.

9629953380_ce7071e4cd_c.jpg

Keith: "This is it... my first ever race! I hope brother's watching me."

Meanwhile, Shiro notices a woman pouring something on their drinks. He quickly approaches to her and even holds her arm to stop.

Shiro: "I only specifically asked for water. Who are you?"

Ginoa: "Nice eyes, boy. Too bad your time's up."

The woman kicks the table as a distraction, however, Shiro reflexively jumps above the table.

The woman then grabs a knife from her holster on her leg. She combines melee attacks with her kicks. The knife manages to cut some of Shiro's hair as he evades her attacks.

Then she swipe kicks Shiro's leg, causing the young man to fall. Then he blocks Ginoa's stomp with his two hands. Shiro resists the force of the woman's stomp and manages to let go. He springs back up.

Then Shiro evades Ginoa's roundhouse kick and then he counters with a faster roundhouse kick to Ginoa's cheek, causing the assassin to fall down as well.

Ginoa: "You're not bad. Someone I can spar with."

Shiro: "I don't like hurting women. If I were you, I'll just scram."

Ginoa: "I kill men who underestimate me. Too bad, I find you cute... You've got a date with death."

She then unleashes a punch, which Shiro parries. He unleashes a punch on Ginoa's abdomen, but stops inches short.

Shiro: "Go away before I can hurt you badly."

Ginoa: "Don't be too sweet, boy. Men are just dominating, right?"

Ginoa backflips, and she throws Shiro's helmet. Then Shiro runs and performs a flying kick that smashes through the helmet. Though amazed, Ginoa backflips once again to avoid Shiro's attack. Then she throws a smoke bomb as means of escape.

Ginoa: "See you soon, boy. You are one man I can play with."

Shiro: "Dammit!"

The smoke easily creates commotion to the pit lane.

Meanwhile, back in the race...

9626721193_84d984b9b5_c.jpg

Keith: "I'm passing opponents already. Hello? Hello???"

9626720725_5c3d18e941_c.jpg

Keith: "Shiro-san, can you hear me???"

9626720103_ab7158b3bd_c.jpg

Keith: "I'm moving up. I guess I'll worry about that later on..."

9626719711_351ab3f3be_c.jpg

Keith: "I could have been racing GT-Rs now, but all major works teams are on those. Well, I am loving this Honda, anyway. And man... these guys don't just give up!"

9629950962_fb94a6f009_c.jpg

Keith: "I am getting closer to the leader, I think..."

After a few laps, Keith manages to grab the lead.

9629950612_5613b47950_c.jpg

Keith: "All right! Time to defend this post!"

9629950072_20a1f85f95_c.jpg

Keith: "I LOVE JAPAN!!!"

Keith manages to win the first race. As the teams are cleaning up, Keith is surprised how messed up their pit tent is.

Keith: "What happened?"

Shiro: "Great job winning the race. I guess you are not bad after all. Don't worry about me."

Keith: "Someone plans to take my life again?"

Shiro: "Yeah. And I must say, it's such a nice workout. The assassin escaped, though."

Keith: "Whaaaaaaaat???? Great... How am I supposed to be on focus if people want to kill me?"

Shiro: "For now, let's clean up. Let's help our crew clean up this mess."

Sayuki: "What a commotion..."

Agent Clinton: "Indeed it is. Shiro, have you somehow remembered that woman's face?"

Shiro: "She's Caucasian. And she has a figure, and has weapons hidden with her."

Sayuki: "Got it. So she's here..."

Agent Clinton: "Ginoa Fantoccia. She's already on the World's Most Wanted List. The CIA issues a Shoot On Sight order. Arresting her would prove to be difficult, as she is very well-versed in both armed and unarmed combat. Our agents who previously encountered her were either killed or sent to the ICU. Good thing you held your own against her."

Shiro: "I guess my agility and my black belt level karate skills have finally some use. Still, she is on hiding. She intends to poison Keith in one of the drinks."

Agent Clinton: "I see. Thank you for the intel. Keep protecting Keith at all costs."

Shiro: "To think I've sacrificed my car's entry in the race for him. I sure do hope that it's worthwhile.

Sayuki: "At times like this, being an agent involves sacrifices. Even if you have to sacrifice your connection to your family just to protect them, it's all part of the job."

Shiro: "I don't even know what to do right now. I am supposed to be just a racer... I want to revive my dreams. But this job just won't allow it... I'm grateful, Sayuki-san, for finding me on the streets and taking me in to your home."

Sayuki: "Once you're done with this mission, then you have the freedom to do whatever you want. But you are the one who chose this, right? You volunteered to protect your family upon knowing this large-scale threat on racers across the world."

Shiro: "It's the only way... that I could be spending time with them. Even if they don't recognize me, I'll be watching over them, like a white butterfly..."

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Infiltration

With the next round of Super GT to be held next month, Shiro takes advantage of this break by heading once again at the sports center. He sees Samui once again doing a tennis wall practice, trying to beat that 500 volley record. Nobuyuki is also present, just watching him, and as well as providing him refreshments.

Nobuyuki: "Man, I act like a water boy here. Samui-kun really pushes it. Oh, hey there, Toshiro-kun!"

Shiro: "Hey, Bi... Nobuyuki-san! How's it been?"

Nobuyuki: "Doing great! And how's Super GT? I watched, and your partner did a great job! I guess my lecture paid off."

Shiro: "Keith grasps things quickly. And... looks like that young man is serious in that Tennis wall practice."

Nobuyuki: "Oh, that's Samui Kanonji. He's not only a racer, but also one of this country's finest tennis players. He is actually trying to beat his Senpai's 500 volley record. He's been going at it for days, and his record was 350... 150 short of the record."

Suddenly, Samui passes out of exhaustion again. The two rush at his side.

Nobuyuki: "Hey! You could just take a break and ask for water, you know!? We have rallying to take care about!"

Samui sees a vision of his Senpai, upon looking at Shiro.

Samui: "No... Nobu-senpai!?"

Nobuyuki: "Huh!?"

Samui shakes his head, and he sees Shiro instead.

Samui: "Um.... uh... sorry."

Nobuyuki: "Oh, I forgot to introduce to you. He's Toshiro Chouji, once a cashier at a convenience store now turned into a bona fide Super GT racer!"

Shiro: "Hajimemashte... I think we should have a nice talk."

The three then go to the bleachers, then Shiro takes out a tennis racket and borrows Samui's tennis ball.

Shiro: "May I?"

Samui: "You play tennis too?"

Shiro: "Just as a hobby. Well, we all have to let off steam once in a while."

Shiro proceeds to his practice, Samui could not believe his eyes. Shiro's movements mirror those of his Senpai. With each strike and volley getting stronger and faster, Shiro does not lose the ball.

Samui: "Se... Senpai!? Nobu-senpai is like that too..."

Nobuyuki: "Still can't move on?"

Samui: "It's just that... his arm movements, his footwork, and how he volleys the ball, they are similar to Nobu-senpai's."

Nobuyuki: "So Little Nobu's legendary tennis skills are true after all. Well, there will always be someone who has equal skill."

However, Shiro's phone rings, prompting Shiro to unleash one last strike to the ball that bounces back to Samui as it hits the wall.

Shiro: "A phone call. Well, that's just 200 volleys there."

Nobuyuki: "200 in a short span of time!? Unreal..."

Shiro picks up the phone and heads outside.

Shiro: "Hello?"

9644675332_6c158fbfd0_c.jpg

Sayuki: "We need to meet. I'm waiting outside the premises."

Shiro: "Okay."

He heads back inside and quickly gets his things.

Nobuyuki: "Heading out?"

Shiro: "Ehehehehehe... I'm sorry. There's an urgent matter. See you again soon, guys."

Samui looks on as Shiro walks away. As he gets out, with the sun shining brightly outside, Samui once again gets a glimpse of Nobuhiko.

Samui: "Senpai...."

Nobuyuki: "Oh dear... you really need to rest, Samui-kun."

9644675332_6c158fbfd0_c.jpg

Shiro approaches Sayuki's heavily-tuned Ferrari California. Then Sayuki gets out as well, offering the driver's seat to Shiro.

Sayuki: "I think you should test this one."

Shiro: "So do I really have to drive it?"

Sayuki: "I shall brief you for the next mission. Let's go.

They leave the sports center and head up to the mountains at the outskirts.

9641438811_304d609cc4_c.jpg

Sayuki: "RSD did extensive modifications to this California. This now produces 680 PS."

Shiro: "It shows. But they managed to keep this car's balance despite heavy tuning."

Sayuki: "This car is perfect for your next mission."

Shiro: "Next mission? So I shall abandon Keith just like that?"

Sayuki: "I'll take care of Keith. I'll act as his partner. For now, you are more suited to this high-risk mission."

9644674372_799a0a2a3c_c.jpg

Sayuki: "Nigel is in danger. He is about to expose something he discovered at the Nurburgring."

Shiro: "What is it, then?"

9641437863_9ac084b875_c.jpg

Sayuki: "You see, there is an underground racing going on at the track after it closes to the public. Let the FIA investigate and shut down the operations. However, you must focus on his perpetrator."

Shiro: "Who?"

Sayuki: "This anonymous person is threatening Nigel. You see, Nigel knows that this anonymous person is opening those racing events to lure Takuma out and kill him."

Shiro: "I see. So I must protect a robot created out of my genes. But I have no hard feelings for it."

Sayuki: "Well, it coincides to your personal challenge to Nigel, right? You want to race him..."

9644673476_45d3a0fca5_c.jpg

9644672804_fcccc8feba_c.jpg

Shiro: "Indeed. I will do whatever I can to protect him so as our showdown to happen."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The California is fully-tuned. Very amazing balance with decent downforce levels despite the heavy tuning. It managed to lap 6:53 at the Nurburgring Nordschleife on Sport Soft tires.

- RSD: RACING SERVICE DINO - a popular Ferrari tuner in Japan. Featured in Best Motoring episodes.

Last edited:
Page 5 - Bitter Cherry

A few days later, Shiro arrives in Germany along with Sayuki's car. Sparing no time for sightseeing, he immediately goes to Nigel's home in Pfaffenhausen. The robot takes him in his home.

Nigel: "So it's you that Sayuki-san sent for this? Well, it does seem that you are fit for the job. I didn't know that you are an agent."

Shiro: "For the time being, yes. You were threatened, right?"

Nigel: "Yes... but I see no relevance to that of the large-scale crime. It's about that underground racing events at the Nordschleife."

Shiro: "What's up with it? Why worry? After all, the FIA is working on it."

Nigel: "I overheard him... saying that he will kill Takuma-san for revenge. He intended to open those events to attract Takuma-san."

Shiro: "Oh I see. Who is that guy?"

Time: 11 am

9651962045_a4a40bc4e9_c.jpg

Shiro: "Even in this tight course, the California never loses its poise. A very balanced Ferrari, indeed."

9651958741_255d910242_c.jpg

Shiro: "What a guy... attempting to kill a person just because he's defeated and humiliated. He is still firm in his beliefs..."

9655190524_a2499dec35_c.jpg

Shiro: "Hmmmm... could this be able to beat Takuma-san's one-off special Lamborghini Aventador? I'm always wondering that as well."

9651957283_52036800db_c.jpg

Shiro: "This car is perfect for the Nordschleife. I love it."

Time: 8 pm

The track is closed, however, one car remains...

9655188642_1b7f0cd803_c.jpg

9651955579_36643f7167_c.jpg

9655187822_2381d6d2a2_c.jpg

9655187206_8a9813b68f_c.jpg

Boris: "Nigel Heidelberg... Takuma Kanonji...

...this place shall be your grave! This is the Green Hell, after all. You will witness the extent of my absolute power."

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Rather interesting to see those 2 Ferraris race, despite being poles apart. Entry-level vs. Flagship

- Kirsch (which is Boris' family name) means "Cherry" in German; hence this page title's name.

He just won't give up. I'm really really sure Sonny isn't the person that taught him power is king, but maybe that fateful day with the Camaro and the proteges' track record did something..

Page 6 - Shiny Sunset

Nigel and Shiro are at a dining table in the former's home. Nigel could not go out easily, as the threat still lingers. Dexter, Nigel's creator, prepares them some snacks.

Dexter: "Nigel, don't worry, Toshiro will protect you. You must continue with your job."

Nigel: "I know, but I still fear for my life... Boris is beyond saving."

Shiro: "I shall head to the Nurburgring. I have gotten info that there will be a gathering. Boris might be there."

Nigel: "Stopping him might not be so easy."

Shiro: "I know..."

Then Shiro stands up and heads to the door. As he opens it, he looks at them with a confident smile.

Shiro: "...but I must keep on living too. We shall have a showdown someday."

And he moves on, exiting the residence. He heads to the Nurburgring.

Plenty of racers have gathered. The scenario is similar to a typical street racing scene, with owners showing off their modifications. Even racers from as far as Austria and Italy have arrived.

Then a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano painted in Grigio Silverstone is out at the track, setting a lap time.

9666763971_e6b9413f4e_c.jpg

The driver is frequenting the track even during the day. His name is Arthur Bern, and he hails from Berlin.

Arthur: "I shall not stop until I beat Boris with this thing!"

9666763665_3c067e6d5a_c.jpg

Arthur: "Novitec is the best Ferrari tuner ever. I love the way they transformed this 599 into a beast. 780 HP at the disposal of my right foot."

9666763555_b71921b1f8_c.jpg

9666763371_d886f9a5cc_c.jpg

Arthur: "7 minutes and 4 seconds. A few more tweaks, and I shall be past the 7 minute mark."

As he gets out, he sees people looking at something. It's as if there's a commotion. As it turns out, Shiro has arrived, with the Chrome Turquoise Ferrari turning heads as it moves by.

Arthur: "Japanese plate? Heh... typical Japanese driver, turning cars into either an eye candy or an eyesore."

Shiro looks for Boris, but it seems that he is out of sight. Arthur looks at his California with a rather judgmental eye.

Arthur: "I think you've done too much on your Ferrari."

Shiro: "It's the way I want it, and it looks fine to me."

Arthur: "Yeah... But does it have the capability to take down Boris' Enzo?"

Shiro: "Enzo, eh? Interesting..."

Arthur: "And why a California? It's for those who just want to pose around. Real Ferraris are like my 599 over there."

Shiro: "I tell you... even the California deserves to have the Prancing Horse badge."

Arthur: "7 minutes and 4 seconds. Can you beat that?"

Shiro: "Your lap time? My buddies can even do faster than that. But let's see if I can be as good as them."

And with the adjudicator and the lap timer ready, Shiro has set off.

9666763025_a7a37b7ed3_c.jpg

Shiro: "Here we go. I do hope I haven't forgotten my last run here with that VW Lupo GTI."

9666762573_1f14bf188f_c.jpg

Shiro: "Californias aren't girly. They even made the F430 wet its pants."

9669994362_e57aeef45e_c.jpg

Shiro: "Just like everything else in life, the most important thing in tuning is also balance. The California is a concrete example."

9666762199_0616daa5e1_c.jpg

Shiro: "Shining very well under the sunset, eh? Beating his lap time is clearly a walk in the park."

9669993842_df35920584_c.jpg

Everyone is taken by shock as they see the California's lap time of 6 minutes and 55 seconds. Shiro shows a smug face.

Shiro: "So, can't get over the fact that an entry-level Ferrari could go under 7 minutes? Your 599 can never beat an Enzo."

With that gloating, Arthur clenches his fists.

Arthur: "Say that again."

Suddenly, Boris enters the scene, to cool down the heat.

Boris: "I believe that we should just enjoy the night. He had clearly shown what he can do with his power."

Shiro: "So you are Boris Kirsch, huh?"

Boris: "Indeed. And you are?"

Shiro: "Toshiro Chouji. Remember that name well."

Boris: "Nice to meet you then. And an amazing lap time as well. Plenty have struggled to get past 7 minutes. You are one interesting example."

Shiro: "So does your Enzo."

Boris: "It's reserved for beating someone special. I shall not race it against others."

Shiro: "I see. Oh, I'm very sorry. I have something to do. Please excuse me."

Nigel: "You have returned. What have you seen there?"

Shiro: "It's confirmed that an underground racing event is taking place there. With these photos I took when I got there, we have enough evidence to help FIA shut down the events. I must focus on Boris. I saw him there. He clearly wants to lure Takuma-san out, as he intends to face him using his Enzo. However, I won't let that happen. Takuma-san must focus on his F1 races, and shouldn't be bothered once again by someone like Boris."

Nigel: "Correct. That's the proper course of action. But I am worried about your safety as well."

Shiro: "It's my job to tackle on bullets or knives thrown at me. I have known all along that my life is always on the line. All that matters is that the racing world must be in order. And I shall lay down my life, if necessary, to make that happen."

End of Page 6

Say, the FIA would be on high heat in the same area, with the King Of The Ring's sabotage recently. Must be some way that Boris is getting these things for Takuma and go scot free.

Great job.

Page 7 - Perching on The Forehead

Time: 6 pm

Dexter is busy preparing ingredients for the dinner. He suddenly hears a doorbell.

Dexter: "Nigel, can you open the door, please."

And Nigel opens the door. It turns out that it is Boris. Boris suddenly drags the robot to his car.

Boris: "I shall teach you a lesson..."

Nigel: "Where are you taking me!?"

While Shiro is shopping for souvenirs at a nearby town plaza, his smartphone suddenly lights up. As he reads it, it shows information as to where Nigel is, with an SOS Signal.

Shiro: "Nigel is in trouble. He is at the Nurburgring with Boris! I gotta stop him!"

He immediately gets in the California and speeds away.

At the Nordschleife...

9678335676_093f41589c_c.jpg

Boris: "I shall now finish you off. This would eventually lure Takuma out."

Nigel: "It's so sad... that you haven't learned anything. How pitiful..."

9678335526_3bd80f68ec_c.jpg

Nigel: "...that you are much lonelier than I am. You have no one to count on. You've gotten blind by power."

Boris: "No! Everyone is blind... the reality favors powerful people."

9678335376_960fc9ba2b_c.jpg

Boris: "Don't worry, you have all the track for you to choose as to where I shall bury you."

Nigel: "Self-defense systems. ACTIVATED."

Boris: "What!?"

Nigel's head emits smoke. This prompts Boris to stop.

9675103985_24cb5dfb0c_c.jpg

Nigel then heads out, Boris takes out his gun as he chases.

9675103923_b88d46908a_c.jpg

Shiro: "They have stopped! I must hurry!"

9678334878_e3b1b3a15c_c.jpg

Shiro: "Boris... it's time for you to face reality. You deserve to be behind bars!"

9678334750_1231252c69_c.jpg

9678334506_93278d6e1d_c.jpg

Shiro: "I'm close!"

When he arrived, he slides the California to Boris to hit him in surprise. As he opens the door, Shiro then kicks Boris. However, Boris manages to stand up and takes Nigel hostage.

Boris: "Take one step closer, and I'll shoot him..."

Shiro: "Even if you did, Nigel already contacted the authorities. You're too blind to realize that he is a robot. And robots can do wonderful stuff... such as sending signals. That's why I'm here."

Boris: "Shut up! Don't you realize I've already gone rock bottom!?"

Shiro: "Blame your selfishness! Power isn't the only thing running this world!"

Then, Boris feels searing heat on his knees as Nigel activates his jet propulsion to escape and joins Shiro. Then Shiro uses the opportunity to rush. Boris fires some shots, but Shiro just goes through the bullets and manages to perform a strong, jumping roundhouse kick that shatters Boris' skull. Boris' head bleeds as he falls down the concrete.

Shiro heads back, and it turns out that he is shot at the stomach. He falls down, but Nigel catches his fall.

Nigel: "Toshiro-san!!!"

Shiro: "Hey... run. Leave me here."

Nigel: "The police will come to arrest him! We'll be okay! I thought we will have a showdown!"

Shiro: "I don't think fate will allow that to happen. Getting shot... is part of my job."

Nigel: "Don't say that! SOS SIGNAL SENT TO THE NEAREST HOSPITAL."

Shiro: "You are a wonderful... person. Even though you are a robot, you act like a true human being. You're better than I expected."

Nigel: "I thank you... for saving me! But please save your strength!"

Shiro: "Tell... Big Nobu... that... I..."

Then he closes his eyes.

Nigel: "No... No!!!"

Suddenly, a white butterfly then perches on Shiro's forehead.

Time: 5 am

Nobuyuki rises up from the bed and heads to the bathroom to brush his teeth and have a bath. As he reaches for the door, the photo frame of him and Nobuhiko when they were young suddenly falls off from the table.

Nobuyuki: "Shoot..."

As he picks it up, a crack is seen at the glass.

Nobuyuki: "Damn, I shouldn't put it here on the side table."

End of Chapter 1​

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Pfaffenhausen, Germany - Where the headquarters of RUF Automobile are located.

- Tomorrow, I shall head off to Seoul for a family holiday. Chapter 2 starts on September 12.

Chapter 2​
A To B​

Page 1 - Beginning Conquest

Since Takuma and his family headed to Europe, Takanori and his family decided to move back to his former home in Aoyama, to help Tomoko out. And so, one night, he returns just in time for dinner from a delivery.

9732123040_b1b9b7910a_c.jpg

He enters the house and everyone is about to start eating dinner.

Takanori: "Tadaima!"

Tomoko: "Okaerinasai. Hey, you are just in time for dinner. Your kids are hungry."

Takanori: "Oh okay. Let's eat!"

And so they start to eat. Takanori once again starts up a conversation.

Takanori: "Aniki's MINI Cooper S proves to be a very useful Mochi delivery car. I can zip through traffic with speed and ease!"

Makoto: "Oh boy... just as long as you are not hurting everybody."

Takanori: "Sadly, I'm not gonna enjoy it for long. You see, the team is invited for the upcoming Rally Road Series, a special category created by WRC."

Makoto: "So, who is going to do deliveries, then?"

Tomoko: "Oh there's nothing to worry! I have already hired a delivery man who has a driving license. Plus, the deliveries are not on a daily basis, but he can help me out in operations too."

Takanori: "I just hope he has the genes of speed! Hah!"

Tomoko: "Oh, my little Takanori! He'll be fine..."

Time: 5 pm, the next day

9728768619_5712bd825d_c.jpg

9728768339_e79674530b_c.jpg

Samui: "So... I am going to race in something like this, a point-to-point tarmac timed run."

9731995092_835742cdc2_c.jpg

Samui: "I am used to things like this anyway. My first high speed driving experience was the Touge, with Ichishima-san teaching me."

Time: 3 pm

Oh, hey guys! I'm sorry I was out for a long time! Man, F1 testing keeps me from telling you my stories. My wife and kids attend my practice sessions, but this time around, I allowed them to enjoy the wonderful sights of Italy.

Well, as for me, I'm fine. I'm slowly grasping the machine. Better do it slowly, but surely.

9731996580_1133e79023_c.jpg

9731996278_4ceeef4744_c.jpg

The midship layout can be a double-edged sword. Even that applies in F1 machines. I get the balance, but it's hard to keep it as well. MR cars tend to lose control easily compared to an FR car.

9728768725_91373f6ce3_c.jpg

I returned to the pit lane. Man, I need a drink. I have done countless laps...

I meet up with my manager named Peter Thompson. He'll be around during my stay for the team, and he is a very helpful person, especially that I have very little experience in F1.

Peter: "So, how's the car?"

Takuma: "It feels good. I'm slowly getting more confident in stepping on it. I still need more practice, and I shall grasp it."

Oh, a bit of trivia... I do speak in British accent too, knowing that I grew up with Otousan in UK and began my education there. Takanori's English sounds a bit more of an American, and he's just as fluent as well.

Peter: "Glad to hear it, sonny. The season shall start soon. You are in great shape there."

Takuma: "I may have little experience in driving F1, but I'm not afraid to take on the big boys."

Peter: "Oh, I've heard that the Dream Alliance will join the Rally Road Series of the WRC."

Takuma: "Yeah, they told me that already. I'll try watching them if I can."

Time: 4 pm

Nigel is just walking around, rather anxiously. He enters once again in the room, which it turns out to be the ICU.

On the bed is none other than Shiro, who is still in critical condition. Shortly, Dexter arrives.

Dexter: "How is he now?"

Nigel: "Still in critical condition. I'm really worried... It's my fault. It's all my fault."

Dexter: "Don't blame yourself, Nigel. Toshiro-san did his best in protecting you from harm. I'm sure he will wake up soon."

Nigel: "I have analyzed his vital signs, and they show no signs of improvement. I don't know what to do next."

Dexter: "He'll fight for his life. I'm sure of it."

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The decal on Takuma's MINI Cooper S means "Kanonji Mochi Shop (Private)", and is a parody of.... well, you know.

:sly:

To prove Takuma's point in accents, I studied in the UK for the last few years. I know how to talk with a British accent, or the people there aren't going to properly hear my speaking.

Great page.

Page 2 - The Red Racers

Time: 10 am

The Dream Alliance, save for Takuma, arrive at the circuit to settle for a car that they can use for the upcoming events. Takanori arrives with his supercharged Mazda Roadster, and Ricky brings his tuned Subaru BRZ. They gather at the pit garage and set up the cars.

Nobuyuki: "So this is the only way to find out, huh?"

Samui: "Yes, Nobuyuki-san. Actually, I think both cars are well suited for the job. But it only has to be one."

Ricky: "We will join the RGT400 Class. My BRZ makes 384 horsepower, and has handling balance that can cope up with it. The rules state that the participating car must not exceed 400 HP, and must be rear wheel drive."

Takanori: "Lightness will win the day! Plus, a supercharged motor can prove useful on a winding road."

Nobuyuki: "Yeah, but your Roadster only makes 273 horsepower, which is a class lower. It won't fit in the category. Even if your car has better aerodynamic aids, it's still not enough to fight off the competition. Plus, the BRZ is known for handling too."

Samui: "Why don't we do the shootout now? I'll be driving the two cars."

Ricky: "Excellent idea. Well then, let's start off with Takanori's Roadster."

Samui suits up and gets in the Roadster. After a warm up, he goes for the time attack.

rouge1_zps7e74bcfb.jpg

Samui: "On the warm-up, the car is already promising. The power-to-weight ratio may actually be this car's weapon in the RGT400 class."

rouge2_zpsa9cc8a03.jpg

Samui: "Impressive... this behaves similarly to Takuma's FD. I have learned mechanics and car dynamics thanks to my time in the team. But they might laugh at me if I say those stuff... I don't know, maybe I still need to learn a lot."

rouge3_zps6a8b4e47.jpg

Samui: "But this car is in need of more power. Adding a supercharger is great, but 273 horsepower is still not enough..."

The Roadster records a lap time of 1 minute and 42.9 seconds. Samui returns to the pit garage and takes off his helmet.

Samui: "The car has great handling, and it makes up for the lack of power. But it struggles on the straights. However, I think it's a great car for winding roads."

Takanori: "I see. Well, BRZ is next!"

Ricky: "I hope that little Scooby will smoke that hairdresser's car."

rouge4_zpsb6ac6ef0.jpg

Samui: "Now I can feel power. The BRZ, just like the 86, is criticized for having lack of power."

rouge5_zps84bd617e.jpg

Samui: "Hmmmm... I sense more stability here. According to sources, and to Ricky-san himself, the BRZ is more of a precision cornering car."

rouge6_zpscdcdddef.jpg

Samui: "I have now realized, that both the Roadster and this BRZ are cars aimed for young buyers who want accessible performance money can buy."

rouge7_zps2f74ff3b.jpg

The BRZ crosses the line in 1 minute and 41.4 seconds. Takanori drops his jaw upon seeing the lap time.

Takanori: "How can this be!?"

Ricky: "It's settled, then. BRZ will represent the team. And a perfect opportunity for Subaru to grab the WRC crown in this new category."

Time: 7 pm

On a quiet mountain road, a loud noise shatters the tranquil surroundings.

rouge8_zpsc61c3baf.jpg

rouge11_zps1a4f2e67.jpg

rouge9_zpsec5055e7.jpg

Driving the car is an aspiring French racer named Pierre Blanc.

Pierre harnesses the demanding nature of the mid-engined rear wheel drive Renault 5 Turbo.

rouge10_zps5f1a5d26.jpg

It stops by at a parking lot at the base of the hill. A group of people gather around the car. As Pierre heads out, his colleague named Andreas Boucher.

Andreas: "Enjoying the car?"

Pierre: "Of course. I am very honored to drive this one. I have never thought of sitting behind the wheel of this very legendary car."

Andreas: "That car has never lost a race..."

Suddenly, their chief arrives. His name is Jacques Dubois.

Jacques: "Indeed. It has never lost a race. So don't make that car have one. You and Pierre are chosen to participate in the RGT400 class. Both of your skills are among the highest in the batch. This could be your ticket to pro racing. Your batchmates look up to you."

Pierre: "We will not let them down, sir. And I shall bring the name of the Rouge Racing School to victory. You can count on us."

Jacques: "I have learned that the Dream Alliance of Japan will compete as well. Though Takuma Kanonji is not around. Don't let your guard down, as that team won the 24 Hour endurance races both in Nurburgring and, recently, in Le Mans."

Pierre: "Understood. It seems that The Proteges have completely fallen apart, huh? But we shall show to Takuma on how great our school is. Formal education is always the way to go."

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Think of the Rouge Racing School as the French equivalent of Initial D's Todou Juuku. And yes, that racing school has a past with The Proteges. Find out in the next page.

- The inspiration behind Samui Kanonji's character. He's basically the mix of:

Takumi-Fujiwara-5.jpg

203277.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Takanori, but the BR-Z's the car i'd take as well between the 2. Both excellent 500pp racers, but the Mazda is alienated from the road car rooms, which are the rooms commonly found.

Page 3 - Bred to Win

A week later, the Dream Alliance heads off to United Kingdom so as to prepare for the WRC RGT400 races. They decided to test the car at the small racetrack in Norfolk since it is an ideal simulation for a winding road, and as well as testing the BRZ's handling prowess.

Samui once again pilots the blue Subaru, with Ricky as the passenger.

Takanori: "Awwww nuts..."

Nobuyuki: "Face the reality. Mazda has to make something that can compete with the new Hachiroku."

Rob: "Look at the BR-Zed go. It's bloody quick. And even that's not turbocharged, right?"

9739843507_e7759b9733_c.jpg

Samui: "Eh? The car is more responsive to steering than before."

Ricky: "I'm impressed that you managed to detect the changes despite my last minute, minor suspension tweaks."

Samui: "Back in Japan, I had sensed some understeer. But not anymore..."

9742053418_c15583392c_c.jpg

Ricky: "What's odd is that I even strengthened the front springs even further, and raised the LSD settings. But maybe the stronger rear dampers and rear anti-roll bar overlap them. I thought that it would be a better setup."

9742053140_44c92b45f3_c.jpg

Samui: "It actually works. This car can even slide its tail out now."

9742052850_54ea502f85_c.jpg

Ricky: "You seem confident there, Samui-san."

Samui: "Knowing the nature of the event, I have to. Mountain passes serve as my second home, you know? I did not learn racing from any racing school. The mountains taught me the way of speed."

At night, Rob Hatch calls up Takuma who is still in Italy, having dinner with his family.

Takuma: "Oh hey there, Rob. How's it going?"

Rob: "You crack me up all the time. You're the only Japanese I've heard having a British accent when speaking in English. Anyways, the rest of the team is already here in London. Perhaps you will be watching us in the competition?"

Takuma: "I don't know. But listen to me, Rob. You gotta be on your guard. Hearing that the Rouge Racing School of France is going to compete, I'm happy that you called up."

Rob: "Oh, that popular racing school in France? What's in there?"

9742052708_48b15e9ffd_c.jpg

Takuma: "That school used to be The Proteges' rival. We had a heated rivalry in races."

9739842541_6e9500816a_c.jpg

Takuma: "The school lectures and trains drivers in various race disciplines, but the school is well-known for producing rally legends."

9742052116_373c1be915_c.jpg

Takuma: "All students who graduated are immediately granted FIA Licenses. They are that good. However, there is one car you should watch out for."

Rob: "Which is?"

9739841703_02ea827c71_c.jpg

Takuma: "A heavily-tuned Renault 5 Turbo. It's a monster of a car. It never lost a race. Whenever things get hairy for them, they will send out that car and turn the tables around. Even Boris cannot beat it. Weighing just 900 kilograms and having a turbocharged 350 horsepower engine mean that it can even go on par with the latest supercars. Plus, it has a mid-engined rear wheel drive layout. That is one hell of a hot hatch."

Those students and graduates are bred by that school to win. And they will prove even to their deaths that formal racing education is always the best way to be fast. All of us didn't even go through with that, since it's expensive. You must show to them what experience can do.

I am counting on you, guys."

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Fangs Tucked Away

All the participating teams have undergone a briefing session in Germany since the WRC season is just around the corner. After that, the Dream Alliance heads to Eiger, Switzerland to resume the practice runs. Samui once again takes the helm, with Ricky being the passenger and the rest are at the foot of the hill discussing matters.

Takanori: "Samui seemed very calm at that session yesterday."

Nobuyuki: "Yeah, it's as if he's not pressured at all. To think that he will be the one doing the runs. And he volunteered!"

Takanori: "Seeing his runs right now... he's very confident."

9772681704_94b44aed85_c.jpg

Ricky: "You seem very eager to push this thing. Remember, this is a public road."

9772670915_e20808f132_c.jpg

Samui: "Well, aren't those stages public roads too?"

Ricky: "Yeah, but of course they're closed. However, you aren't familiar with those roads."

Samui: "That's where you're wrong."

9772681274_62e1c7e725_c.jpg

Ricky: "Woah! Don't take it too fast here! What if there's an oncoming car?"

Samui: "You know... the mountain passes here and in Japan have similarities. They have traps everywhere."

9772680954_254eaeda4e_c.jpg

Ricky: "You're unreal. You took that gutter like an apex in a circuit!"

Samui: "I have passed this road once, when I delivered Takuma's Countach back then. I have already the corners in my head."

Ricky: "What the!? You know every nook and cranny of this road already???"

Samui: "A mountain pass racer must have an excellent photographic memory. Since they race mostly at night, they must visualize the road in their head. So it must be the same for a rally driver..."

Ricky: ("Unreal... this is no ordinary kid. To think he has the mountains as his playground, not the circuit!")

9772680664_bc549ec48f_c.jpg

Samui: "Oh, we're close to the base of the hill."

Ricky: ("His innocent looks completely caught me off guard... No wonder Takanori-san didn't spend any moment of hesitation including him to the team.")

They take a break at the parking lot. All of them buy their drinks at a convenience store.

Takanori: "I'm counting on you, cousin!"

Samui: "Wish me luck! I know that the competition is fierce, but I'll do my best!"

Nobuyuki: "You've gotten more confident than before, Samui-kun."

Samui: "I have to. Thanks to you guys, I have learned to appreciate my self-worth."

Ricky: "The other teams will never know what'll hit them once you sit behind the wheel."

Samui takes a gulp from his canned soda.

Samui: ("Everyone has yet to see my fangs... For now, they're tucked away. Also, not even this team knows my reputation back home...")

Time: 3 pm

Team Lotus F1 is once again having tests runs at the track. It seems that Takuma has gotten the grips on how to handle the machine, seeing the way it tackles the corners. For him though, he still has a long way to go before he can finally achieve total control.

9772751773_3b4240e966_c.jpg

9772684776_d3de766e18_c.jpg

At the pit garage, Jacques Dubois of the Rouge Racing School makes a surprise appearance. Peter immediately puts on his headset.

Peter: "Takuma, someone is looking for you."

9772669505_da2d4360bf_c.jpg

Takuma: "Okay, just give me one more lap."

9772751213_d3b9d66bb7_c.jpg

And after a lap, Takuma returns to the pit garage and takes off his helmet. After fixing his hair, he grins as he sees Jacques.

Takuma: "It's been a while. I'm sure you've heard about The Proteges."

Jacques: "You are the only one that really became successful. You really are one hell of a team."

Takuma: "I don't associate with them... for a long time. And I don't care what happened to the others. I'm over it. So, what brings you here?"

Jacques: "Your team will compete in the WRC RGT400 Class? I don't think your driver... forgot his name...

Anyway, that kid has no idea."

Takuma: "Really? Don't make assumptions. You have to see it. And that kid you're talking about...

...there is a reason why he's in Dream Alliance. If you want to know why, then I suggest watching his timed run. Make sure your team is prepared, as looks can be deceiving."

End of Page 4

Samui's stepping stone to greatness awaits. 👍

But I am eager on little Nobu's fate now. And maybe Sonny's relationship on that snooty school.

Back