Formula of Speed: Chapter 4; Page 21 - Exchange of Blows

Page 5 - Shiro's Tears

After the race ended, Shiro and Samui help the crew in packing up before they leave. Amazed at what he had seen a while ago, Keith approaches the former.

Keith: "Whoa... Su... Sugoi desu yo!" ("Whoa... amazing!")

Shiro: "Heh... sore dake? Omae to sukoshi dake asonda. Motto asobitai da ze... Mate yo, honmono batoru wo mada hajimeru. GT500 Densetsu wo misete yaru."

("Is that all you got? I was just playing with you for a bit. I want to play more. Just wait, as the real battle is yet to begin. I shall show you the GT500 Legend.")

Keith: "Er, what??? Man, I never realized you're that tough. I haven't heard your name in the past seasons, either."

Shiro: "And so? Is that a measurement of greatness? Great people started from nothing, you know? Anyways, it was nice playing with you."

Shiro's team leaves the track, with Keith still bewildered, and filled with bits of suspicion.

Time: 9 pm

Shiro enters Agent Clinton's office. Sayuki and Agent Clinton wait for him, and they are about to discuss the developments of the case.

Sayuki: "I have confirmed reports that the syndicate "EnWon" is here in Tokyo in search for Hwang. We must turn him in before that syndicate wipes him out. We cannot let months of hard work disappear into thin air."

Agent Clinton: "Sources say that they are searching in groups. Being a big organization, members all the way from Korea and as well as Japanese members are in hot pursuit. The Japanese and Korean authorities are working together in search for him as well, and deport him for good."

Suddenly, Shiro's phone rings. It's Hwang on the other line.

Shiro: "Hwang?"

Hwang: "Yo! Come here and have some party! I have the old man and his wife with me. I think you are better suited for this, as you are once a cold-blooded member, right?"

Shiro abruptly ends the call, and gets Agent Clinton's keys for his Skyline on his desk.

Agent Clinton: "Where are you going!? My car!!!"

Shiro: "Sorry, sir. I need your car. My parents are in danger! Hwang took them hostage!"

Sayuki: "What!?"

Shiro leaves the building with no time to lose.

10019397236_2c69765928_c.jpg

Shiro: "I will kill you in cold blood, should I see a drop of my parents' blood!!!"

10019342634_0a25843b9f_c.jpg

Shiro: "Oyaji... Okaasan... wait for me. I know that you'll get mad, but I will definitely save you!"

10019342604_4f4c445cca_c.jpg

Shiro arrives at the Hiramoto household. He peeks inside, and he sees his parents being tied up.

10019473483_fa931169cf_c.jpg

Hwang: "Just give back the property, and you'll live a peaceful life. I'll guarantee it."

Hiroyuki: "I don't rent nor sell to someone who has a background of crime. Knowing you and your organization, why should I? Tokyo does not need any more of those shady headquarters! Besides, blame your underlings for not paying!"

Shiro comes inside.

Shiro: "Hwang..."

Hwang: "Oh there you are. I cannot convince them, so you finish the job."

Hwang gives Shiro a gun. The latter points it to them.

Hiroyuki: "Toshiro!"

Hwang: "The wife has nothing to do, but she knows this now. It's hard to choose who to shoot, right? That's why I called you."

Suddenly, Shiro turns around and points the gun at Hwang instead.

Hwang: "Whoa..."

Shiro: "These people have nothing to do with this. Leave them alone!"

Hwang: "Since when do I take orders from a traitor? Do you remember why were you dying at the streets? I... POISONED... YOU.

Shiro gasps at the revelation.

Hwang: "The moment you left the syndicate, I simply sneaked inside your home and poisoned your dinner. And then, I left as well. I want to start anew. I don't want the current organization! I want to pull the strings this time! I hate being ordered around by the boss who treated me like dirt!"

Suddenly, they hear someone barge in. They hear a gunshot, prompting Shiro to unleash a roundhouse kick to Hwang's face as a distraction. Shiro then unties his parents and kicks open the emergency door at the back. He lets the couple descend down at the back.

Gunshots are still heard, and it turns out that EnWon has located Hwang. Hwang is hiding in the kitchen. Shiro goes to the corridor, and peeks around. He sees the syndicate members pointing guns everywhere.

Hwang then throws a knife, prompting the members to shoot. Hwang escapes, however.

As Shiro descends through the stairs, he pulls out another gun from his pocket, shooting down the members on his way to the front door.

He goes outside, and just as Hwang is about to capture Hiroyuki, Shiro shoots just close to Hwang's feet, and Hiroyuki manages to run away. Hwang faces at Shiro.

Hwang: "That was close!"

Hwang gets another gun from his pocket, and before he could even pull the trigger, Shiro performs a Trigger Happy, and Hwang is shot multiple times.

Shiro: "I have a keen eye, and I intentionally missed your vital parts. STAY... DOWN... THERE!"

Agent Clinton and Sayuki catch up. They secured the couple, and then Shiro joins them. The paramedics load Hwang on the stretcher.

Shiro: "I'm really sorry... Hiroyuki-san... Kyoko-san."

Sayuki: "We'll explain everything to you. We'll head first to a hotel. You'll stay there for a time being.

At the hotel room, having heard everything, Kyoko checks on Shiro if he got wounds.

Shiro: "I'm fine, Kyoko-san. Don't worry about me."

Kyoko: "Thank you very much."

Shiro: "Why are you thanking me? You clearly knew my connection with Hwang."

Hiroyuki: "Clinton explained everything. It's just right to thank you. Remember, even the smallest deed deserves a gratitude."

Shiro: "It's my job to protect the innocent. Simple as that."

Kyoko: "It's a tough evening for us. Let's rest together here."

Shiro stays with them. At the midst of their sleep, Shiro gets up and then pulls up the blanket of his parents' bed. He tearfully looks at them. Then he goes out to the balcony and looks at the rather sleepless city ahead of him. Kyoko then gets up and notices Shiro at the balcony and joins the man.

Kyoko: "Still cannot sleep?"

Shiro: "I need to watch over you."

Kyoko: "Don't think about it, okay? You must rest too. We are safe here. You know, I used to sing a lullaby to my late son when he was young. He cannot sleep back then, because he was thinking of his long-lost big brother every night."

Shiro: "I... want to hear it."

Shiro and Kyoko return inside. The latter then sings the lullaby as the former return to his bed. Shiro remembers every single lyric. After the lullaby...

Kyoko: "Good night... Sweet dreams. my little Nobu. Oh, Nobuhiko was the name of my late son. You would get along well with him, if he was still alive... Both of you would be kindred spirits."

Kyoko returns to her bed and sleeps. Moments later, Shiro starts to cry after he covered himself with his blanket.

Shiro: "Thank you for singing that song again. Thank you... I missed it so much."

A week later, the 3rd round commences. Held at the Twin Ring Motegi, known for one of the toughest tracks to find the perfect setting. Samui is doing the practice run this time.

10019340694_30b231b2c0_c.jpg

10019339854_8fdc0b9e9c_c.jpg

However, Samui hears a banging sound from the engine. And as it turns out, the engine blew, prompting Samui to pull over at the ditch.

10019393506_f770091a4f_c.jpg

Samui: "Senpai, the engine blew!"

Since it's near the pit lane, Samui gets out of the car and walks to the pit lane.

Samui: "I'm sorry, Senpai..."

Shiro: "Don't sweat it. It's not your fault. We will retire from this round."

Samui: "But..."

Shiro reassuringly pats on Samui's shoulder.

Shiro: "It doesn't matter if we win or lose this season. Just enjoy it! And... I'm here to show to the fans here how Super GT is great with me around. They have yet to see the Legend."

The race starts.

10019384625_d5bb0a2050_c.jpg

Shiro: "Keith wins this time. But I don't care. Next round is in Suzuka, and it is perfect."

10019469513_ec0ba88330_c.jpg

Shiro: "Because... it's the perfect stage for my return. Me... and my old partner, of course!"

End of Page 5

Big Nobu will return, just in time in finding out what happened to Little Nobu's memorial in Suzuka.

Brief appearance of Takuma is expected on the next page. Oh, that and Takuma Sato again. :P

Page 6 - The Memorial

Time: 5 pm

Takuma returns to the Nurburgring since the first round will be held there, and with the season just around the corner, his testing schedules become more frequent.

10037098394_2784c63872_c.jpg

Takuma: "This feels good now. I am finally getting it."

10037133165_93ecbaabb9_c.jpg

Takuma: "But I gotta admit, this thing took me ages to tame. I must double my concentration if I intend to win this season!"

10037132985_d85068476e_c.jpg

Takuma: "I wonder what lies ahead of me? More challenges, for sure.... And probably even life-threatening situations."

10037097294_58c35ff45a_c.jpg

Takuma returns to the pit lane. Peter approaches him and hands him a towel.

Peter: "How is it?"

Takuma: "I like the steering, but the front brakes need to be strengthened. Other than that, it's an amazing set up."

Peter then shows a tablet, and a video is playing on the burning of Nobuhiko's memorial in Suzuka.

Peter: "What do you think of this? Isn't that your late friend's memorial?"

Takuma: "He has gone too far... I'll deal with him after the season. For now, I must focus on this. F1 is in a different league, I can't afford to play around."

Time: 10 am

Takuma Sato practices for the next round of the Indy 500. However, he thinks something different...

10037155906_e894d4755a_c.jpg

Takuma Sato: "How about I watch Takuma Kanonji's F1 race? It's interesting... and I want to have a look back in my F1 days."

10037096124_cbb38d4209_c.jpg

Takuma Sato: "Come, Kanonji! Let's play here! I'm so fired up in racing you! It's been a while since we had our last showdown, and it was a draw."

10037224613_4183e6966b_c.jpg

Takuma Sato: "Two of Japan's fastest racers share the same name... but only one shall sit on the throne."

10037094974_ef31c3d1b4_c.jpg

He returns to the pit lane for a break, and he first gives feedback.

Takuma Sato: "I like the steering, but the front brakes need to be strengthened. Other than that, it's an amazing set up."

Time: 1 am

The Dream Alliance return home, and with Nobuyuki finding out what happened to his parents, he goes to the hotel where they are currently staying.

Nobuyuki: "Thank goodness both of you are safe! I gotta thank Toshiro-kun for this."

Hiroyuki: "But you know, he has the same gentle demeanor that your little brother has. Though of course, Toshiro is more of a protective person."

Before they could sleep, though, a news broke out from the TV screen concerning on the investigation on the burning of Nobuhiko's memorial in Suzuka.

Hiroyuki: "What!? Who did this!? I can't let some Gaijin disrespect the dead!"

Kyoko: "But... he claims that Nobuhiko is alive... in other form. Do you think it's true?"

Nobuyuki: "I don't get it... why does he intend to burn it? Does he think that little Nobu will come to race him? Of course not! He's dead... This is clearly going too far, and the one who burned it must have a lecture on morality. And don't he ever dare think that our racers are pathetic.... he has yet to encounter us."

Hiroyuki: "And I don't believe in reincarnation crap. We have already accepted the fact that Nobuhiko is gone, and he lives on in our hearts. First thing in the morning, I shall get to the bottom of this. I will find that disrespectful Gaijin who burned the memorial."

Time: 1 am

Meanwhile, Samui rushes to his senior's apartment, to tell the news of the video that has gone viral. Upon letting him in, Samui notices Shiro's otherwise calm mood.

10037153516_7d66b9aebe_c.jpg

Samui: "Senpai, that video..."

Shiro: "I know. It is infuriating to many, and to my fans, as well. But for me... I gotta thank that guy who did it. He gave me a nice cowboy hat, and now, this..."

Samui: "You... don't mind it at all?"

Shiro: "I'm not a god to be worshipped. I am still a human being, with strengths and weaknesses. I take pride in my racing skills. It's time for people to just watch the race in Suzuka. Burning that memorial is just the start of my return."

Samui: "And now the social media is in confusion. What if people start to suspect that it's you, residing in a different body?"

Shiro: "Every secret is meant to be revealed, in one way or another. It's up to those people to believe what they want to believe. I intend to make a comeback, and let those people judge by themselves what they will see. One fact remains, and that is...

...SUPER GT SUCKS WITHOUT THE GT500 LEGEND."

End of Page 6

Bonus photos for today:

10037161596_74b60b8d02_c.jpg

10037137725_9a5c23cfb7_c.jpg

10037231033_f0761b1ed2_c.jpg

Deadly Side Press. :sly:

Things are heating up now. :nervous:

I see what you did there.

It appears that his plans worked.. The Hiramotos are reacting the way he wants to. Plan a duel, and..

Outlaw is staying undefeated. This isn't me protecting him, it's a plot detail, for him to reach an all time high in street racing fame. This fame is a plot point for a few things I've not yet have the liberty to divulge.

And the antagonist?

Jacob: "Apparently, he's, how they say: the Michael Schumacher of the streets. But he's known to be ruthless. He's not afraid to take your car out. And he treats each race like his last: no mistakes, and no mercy."

Next page will be posted later. It will introduce the oldest main character in the storyline. He's way older than Hiroyuki, at 80 years old. He will play an antagonistic role in Chapter 4. He still has his racing skills.

And he's British...

Page 7 - Sir!

At lunch time, Shiro is at his cubicle at the CIA Headquarters in Tokyo. He is still watching the video of the burning of his memorial in Suzuka at his PC. Sayuki is behind him, watching it as well.

Sayuki: "So, are you affected by this?"

Shiro: "Not at all. Why should I? People will eventually find out that I am alive anyway. Memorials like that are now useless. But he could have done it secretly, rather than making a fool of himself by recording a video."

Sayuki: "But the conditions of your reincarnation... you are violating it. What if...? Actually, you already have. Samui found out your true identity already."

Shiro: "I alone determine my destiny. Each and every person must carve their own path."

Sayuki: "So do you intend to return to your family, then?"

Shiro: "Eventually, yeah. There is a right time for that."

Sayuki: "I am just worried."

Shiro: "Don't worry about me. I know when and how to fight for my life."

Suddenly, Shiro's phone rings. It's Nobuyuki calling.

Shiro: "Yo!"

Nobuyuki: "Hey, can we meet up at the convenience store? Is the headquarters far from here?"

Shiro: "Sure. I don't mind a train ride."

Taking a subway train to Nishi-Shinjuku district, he meets up with his big brother at the convenience store.

Nobuyuki: "Hey. How are you now?"

Shiro: "Doing great. How's your family?"

Nobuyuki: "Still moving on after that incident. Our house is still being renovated. Besides, there's a need for it after all.

Thank you for saving my parents' lives. We cannot thank you enough. Hey, don't hesitate to tell us what you need, okay? It's the only way we can return the favor."

Shiro: "You don't have to. I was just doing my job."

Nobuyuki: "I wish I can be as awesome as you. To think you look cool with guns and fight barehanded too."

Shiro: "My motto is that you must fight to live. It does not necessarily mean kicking butt, but it means that you must do anything to survive the harsh reality of life."

Nobuyuki: "So how about your racing, then? I heard that you retired from the previous round due to engine troubles."

Shiro: "I'll make a proper comeback in Suzuka. Oh, please come. There's something you must see... and know."

Nobuyuki: "Suspense, eh? Oh well, I find them fun, anyway."

Shiro: "Ummmm.... does your motoring show accept applicants? I think reviewing cars is fun."

Nobuyuki: "Sure! Just hand me your resume and let's see what the HR can do about it. Quitting your CIA job?"

Shiro: "I just want to dedicate my life on racing. Fighting is one thing, but my heart really beats for racing cars."

Once again, the peaceful mountain pass where Samui uses to train is disturbed by a loud car sound. However, it's not Samui doing his routine...

10052536846_a4c1c641fd_c.jpg

Expected from a Rotary-powered car, the FC also has the magical 50:50 weight distribution. Thus, allowing the car to take the corners with ease.

10052536856_0f2421d7b5_c.jpg

10052456444_b4aeaa3bb9_c.jpg

10052454964_118ccbda15_c.jpg

It arrives in Tokyo at around 7 in the evening. It stops by at the Kanonji mochi shop.

Getting out of the car is an old man. While being old, he is no means frail, as seen how he pilots the souped-up Rotary machine.

As the man gets in the shop, Tomoko gasps, as she recognizes the man.

Tomoko: "Sir Shaw McCarthy!"

Shaw: "You are looking lovely as ever, Ms. Kanonji. So, running a mochi shop now, eh? I fear that your Stratos may have been rusted."

Tomoko: "Oh, that's contrary to what you think."

Shaw: "Glad to hear it, missy. Is Takuma around?"

Tomoko: "He's in Europe right now, preparing for F1."

Shaw: "I see...."

After a brief chat and purchasing a box of mochi, Shaw leaves the shop and heads on his way home.

10052454954_ef399c016a_c.jpg

Shaw: "I was thinking that we will have a proper showdown here, Takuma. I bought this car for that purpose, knowing what kind of car you drive."

10052603163_7711e4f66f_c.jpg

Shaw: "All along, what I want to see how my beloved late son, Ben, taught his ways of speed to you. But that backfired now.

While it is a greatest tragedy that a father outlives his son, I'm afraid that's not the case for me."

10052605153_3385953b03_c.jpg

Shaw: "I have a Plan B, though...."

End of Page 7

At the race in Suzuka, Shaw will watch as well, along with a companion. That companion is actually his student. That student will be Takuma's rival in the F1 season.

What are Shaw's plans? Well, he's an antagonist, and surely he's up to no good...

Page 8 - ShiroNobu

The next day, at lunch time, Hiroyuki and Kyoko head to the Kanonji Mochi shop. The couple sit as they wait for their order to be packaged, and then Tomoko joins them. She displays a rather worrying face.

Hiroyuki: "Something wrong? You aren't like that, even back in our heyday."

Tomoko: "He's back..."

Hiroyuki: "Oh seesh... I've heard many returning people. Who are you talking about?"

Tomoko: "Sir Shaw McCarthy."

Hiroyuki: "So that man decided to go out, eh?"

Tomoko: "We very well know him, especially when it concerns Sir Ben. You knew how those two interact."

Hiroyuki: "Yeah, until Ben decided to run away from home. And he never came back. Why worry?"

Tomoko: "Sir Ben told me, that by the time he left home, his father disowned, and cursed him. Takuma was raised by Sir Ben for most of his life, what if Sir Shaw vent out his anger on him? I'm worried..."

Hiroyuki: "You worry too much. And if that happens, your son can take whatever that man can dish out. Takuma is a much stronger person than we think. Ben shaped Takuma into a powerhouse."

Tomoko: "He visited me last night, and he left a cryptic statement before he headed out..."

"The Black Dragon shall taste my wrath..."

Hiroyuki: "The Black Dragon?"

Tomoko: "Takuma's alias when he was in The Proteges."

Time: 12:30 pm

Shiro submits his resume to the staff of the Motoring Weekly. Then he waits for Nobuyuki to finish his taping at the studio. When the director yelled cut, Nobuyuki approaches Shiro and the two head to the elevator and decided to eat lunch together outside.

Then, as they exit the building, Shiro notices a yellow ball wandering about, and he catches it. A young boy searches for it, and then Shiro gives it back with a smile.

The boy joined his parents happily as he holds on to the ball. Then the two continue on walking towards to the restaurant.

Nobuyuki: "Yellow ball..."

Shiro: "Something wrong?"

Nobuyuki: "That reminded me, on how I got separated from Little Nobu. Good thing you gave it back to that boy, or else he could have been abducted."

Shiro: "Abducted?"

Nobuyuki: "I was kidnapped, when I was searching for that yellow ball. The moment I saw that ball reignited those painful memories."

Shiro: "Don't let that ruin your appetite."

The two enter in an upscale Japanese restaurant. They have placed their orders and wait.

Nobuyuki: "So, what will you be using for next week's Suzuka race?"

Shiro: "Your little brother's Supra."

Nobuyuki: "Wait... What?"

Shiro: "You heard it right. I will use your little brother's Supra. I've already used it before, when I arrived here from Europe."

Nobuyuki: "Only my family has the keys to our second home in Mie Prefecture."

Shiro: "Don't take this offensively. There's a reason why I shall use it. Please attend next week's race. I am expecting your presence, as well as your parents."

Nobuyuki: "Dude, you're strange..."

Shiro: "Call me whatever you want. Just watch me next week. I promise, that it will be worth it."

Time: 8 am

And so, a week has passed. The 4th round commences, and it's rather early, as it will take longer than the other rounds. Suzuka has always been a witness of the most exciting JGTC and Super GT races in history. Shiro will make it happen once again...

He starts to return his usual composure when he was Nobuhiko, a calm but determined racer that races like it's his last. Upon meeting Keith once again...

Keith: "Yo..."

Shiro: "Call me Nobu... since you are in the video anyway. Oh, tell your demon-possessed brother that it was a nice publicity stunt. But let me tell you something.

Both of you entered this country in dirty shoes. In a typical Japanese home, it's a must to take off your shoes before entering. This country is a big house, with morals and etiquette strictly enforced. But ironically, I must thank your brother, for reigniting my racing spirit, and for giving a nice cowboy hat that got burned anyway. Don't worry, you will see how the GT500 Legend does it, as I promised."

Keith: "Don't go cold, man... I can explain."

Shiro: "No need. I shall crush you with my pride, in behalf of all the racers' pride you crushed."

The organizers then got shocked as well, as Shiro requests for him to start at the back of the pack.

Shiro: "Super GT won't be exciting if I start at the lead. I like playing tag."

10084336846_a760ec1161_c.jpg

The race begins. At the bleachers, Shaw is with a young companion. The young man is in his early 20s.

Shaw: "Watch well, Owen."

Owen: "Have you found Takuma?"

Shaw: "I'm afraid not. He's in Europe right now, busy in preparing for F1."

Owen: "All these years of staying here to have a showdown with him have turned into a waste, then."

Shaw: "I have a Plan B, lad. And that is, your participation in F1. Don't forget my instructions."

Owen: "I see. I won't let you down, then."

At the other side of the bleachers, the Hiramotos attend as well.

Hiroyuki: "How come he's using Nobuhiko's Supra?"

Nobuyuki: "Even I can't put my finger on it. But strangely, I feel that I am entrusting it to him."

10084397483_a588726564_c.jpg

10084315485_c9e0cb1fb5_c.jpg

Shiro: "Don't be surprised, Keith. I usually allow myself to start at the back of the pack. Especially here in Suzuka, I am finding it more fun than ever."

Overtaking more opponents, Shiro never lets go of his pace.

10084335756_a73f9e7632_c.jpg

Shiro: "This is my playground. You're only a guest. Show some respect!"

10084315105_dc24d76a7d_c.jpg

Shiro: "Run away if you can, Keith. We are playing tag here."

At the straight, a GT-R slipstreams behind.

10084335296_3f015b15aa_c.jpg

Shiro attempts to block it at the 130R. However, the GT-R ends up fishtailing the Supra, losing its control.

10084334836_aea7ecd914_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "SHIRO-KUN!!!"

Shiro briefly looks at the burned memorial. He tightens his grip on the steering wheel, more determined to win than ever. He then shifts back to 1st gear and set off to catch them all again.

10084395443_7a477f0de4_c.jpg

Shiro: "From this moment on...

...I AM NOBUHIKO HIRAMOTO!!!"

End of Page 8

Page 9 - A Powerful Tap

Samui: "Senpai, what's your status?"

Nobuhiko: "I am catching up. No signs of tire wear so far. The Supra and I are in sync!"

10100784323_0884721147_c.jpg

At the bleachers...

Hiroyuki: "I'm so glad to see that Supra running like in its heyday. When was the last time I drove it? But, as I can remember, it runs that way... like you are in total sync with it."

10100697154_ce6c237ee7_c.jpg

10100696754_1f40eb05c5_c.jpg

Kyoko: "Something about that video made me think. What if Nobuhiko is really alive in other form? Or even in another person? We very well know how powerful his spirit is, and we have seen it. You think...?

I noticed about Shiro... is that the way he arranged those plants back home. They are very similar to how Nobuhiko does it. And also, the way he talks to us, like we are his parents."

Hiroyuki: "I can sense that too. And also how did Toshiro managed to access that Supra in the first place?"

Nobuyuki: "And finally, how that Supra runs... Only one person can do it. Look at how it overtakes the others easily!"

10100735355_cfcb941d64_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "It's Little Nobu! It all makes sense now... why would Samui-kun easily join by his side, eh? And I remembered, Samui-kun called Shiro-kun a Senpai, and he can see ghosts! Little Nobu... is that really you??? We need one more proof that can prove that it's you!"

Back at the race...

10100782183_637acdb829_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "It's between just you and me now, Keith."

10100730265_7a935d5f80_c.jpg

The sun finally shines brightly. After some more laps, Nobuhiko and Keith enter the pit lane to change tires, still with seconds that separate them.

Keith heads out first.

10100694774_3d56291322_c.jpg

Keith: "Nobu-san has me now. Any moment... he'll just pop up behind me, like a ghost!"

10100765236_60e5f32341_c.jpg

Keith notices a small speck of the Castrol Supra at the small screen at the dashboard.

Keith: "There he is!"

Nobuhiko: "No one... and I mean no one... can escape from me in a play of tag."

10100764806_2aea1972a3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I'll show you and your brother what this country has to offer! You made a mistake in underestimating us..."

At the next lap, Nobuhiko is hot on Keith's tail.

10100693724_80db9fb8eb_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "That persistence... That's Nobuhiko. When I raced him, he was very persistent, even when death was already on his side."

Just before ending the lap, Nobuhiko makes his move. Shiro feels a strong tap from behind.

10100782083_7bbf328085_c.jpg

Keith: "Wha...??? It begins..."

Nobuhiko: "You're it. Now try to touch me!"

Upon seeing that move, Nobuyuki is finally convinced.

Nobuyuki: "Little Nobu... is back. We're complete once again."

The Hiramotos stand up from their seats, and then head to the pit garage where Nobuhiko's team is assigned.

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Collapse

With the fans cheering wildly as they see the Castrol Supra overtaking the HSV at the main straight at the start of the final lap. Meanwhile, the Hiramotos enter the pit garage of Nobuhiko's team.

10114812765_f468c2c83b_c.jpg

Samui: "Nobuyuki-san, Kyoko-san, and Hiroyuki-san! It's nice of you to be here..."

Nobuyuki: "I guess I really have to commend you for your psychic abilities. So you really are able to see Little Nobu in Toshiro's body."

Samui: "So you finally knew... That video is like the dropping of the atomic bomb."

Hiroyuki: "Why do you have to hide it from us, then?"

Samui: "I made a promise to him that I'll keep it, and actually, I'm worried about him..."

Back in the race, Nobuhiko finally overtakes Keith, and finally shows off his true capabilities.

10114759884_125a109d0c_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Don't take your eyes off me for one moment. You want to see the Legend in action, right? This is the real thing!"

10114852226_3c5dc154f6_c.jpg

Keith: "He's slowly increasing the gap between us! And I am gunning this car at full throttle!"

At the hairpin, Nobuhiko shows off a drift, as he is the only known person to drift at that hairpin.

10114811615_3012f64594_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "I hope you won't get into understeer."

Keith: "Nobu is like a smoke bomb!"

10114913903_c783be8ae6_c.jpg

When the smoke cleared, Keith is astonished seeing the Supra increased its gap even further.

Nobuhiko: "Rocket-like acceleration at the corner exits! You don't get that in a naturally-aspirated engine!"

10114913463_60d54e0f96_c.jpg

Keith: "Man, so this is Nobu's true skill? Also, I have always thought that Supras are only for drag racing! With all the latest racing technologies applied in this car, I have always thought that his Supra is an old relic!"

And at the 130R, Nobuhiko just decelerates and then takes advantage of the downforce in order to zoom past the high speed corner.

Keith: "HE DIDN'T APPLY THE BRAKES!?"

10114850536_434581dea0_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Only I can clear the 130R without hesitation!"

The checkered flag is waved, and Nobuhiko takes the win.

10114913033_411dba2f16_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "How'd you like that? Japan also offers the best racers in the world, you know?"

At the podium, Nobuhiko raises up the gold trophy, high and proud. Even though he is seen in a different body, his fans suddenly approach and cheer.

Nobuhiko: "Hey! T-Thanks... I guess everyone knows now, huh? And with my stunt at the final lap, you really saw that the legend is back."

He returns to the pits, with his mother suddenly coming up, and hugging him tightly.

Kyoko: "You're back! I know it's you! My gut feeling is right!"

Nobuhiko: "I miss you, Okaasan!"

Tears start to flow, and then Nobuyuki grabs him and performs a noogie.

Nobuyuki: "I knew you had it! I miss my Little Nobu..."

Nobuhiko: "So you're like Takuma-san now, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "My beloved son. We are complete again! I know it's far-fetched, but what's important is that we're complete."

Samui smiles at them, very happy at the reunion.

However, as Nobuhiko walks to his car, he suddenly stops and feels great pain from his stomach that he shrieks.

Nobuhiko: "AAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

And then he collapses to the ground.

Samui: "NOBU-SENPAI!!!!"

Hiroyuki immediately calls for the paramedics. Nobuyuki shakes Nobuhiko's body.

Nobuyuki: "Little Nobu! Little Nobu!!! Noooooo!!!"

When the track got empty despite the commotion, another car makes its practice run alone.

10114757524_10f469185f_c.jpg

10114849456_2953f43ce9_c.jpg

10114809245_1b864074b1_c.jpg

10114911573_2f023e52fb_c.jpg

End of Page 10

I don't know if this is coincidental but...

The Supra at the end has the same number (36) as Nobuhiko's. :scared:

It's actually driven by a Slasher. And it's a sign that I will make a story about beating The Slashers in street races.

Yep, the Sidestories will be killed off in lieu of this. I have set a plot for the next book.

It's like every single time they see him again, he's got to go.

And, if you don't mind, can i borrow Hiroyuki (Nobuyuki optional) for one scene?

^ Cool.

And, just a small heads up: It's not going to be pleasant. Not spoiling anything on why, but what happens after:

Hiroyuki gets caught by the Harbingers, lured with information regarding Outlaw's identity. Nobuyuki witnesses it and manages to get away.

Page 11 - The Path To Glory

Nobuhiko finds himself in a dark void. He walks forward and then suddenly a ray of light appears ahead of him.

"You have violated the terms and conditions of your revival..."

Nobuhiko: "Really? Oh let me tell how ironic of you to take lives, knowing that you make them."

"You must very well know that you must not divulge the secrets of this art of life! You must be punished!"

Nobuhiko: "You gave us free will, right? Then let me tell you something, I DECIDE MY FATE. I CARVE MY PATH. I DETERMINE MY FUTURE. I love my family so much, and yet how ironic of you to not let me spend my new life with them. You know how I desired and worked hard for my family to be complete? I went all heights for that!

You taught us to value life, to value our family, our friends... And all that matters to you is that one stupid secret!? Does being a Supreme Being mean being selfish!?

"I misjudged you, young man... No wonder you are so successful. Oh well, I let you do whatever you please. Just make sure you don't ruin this chance of life."

Nobuhiko: "I won't. You can count on me on that."

Then the light starts to enlarge, and his surroundings turn into the field of flowers he used to walk in the afterlife.

Nobuhiko: "When time comes, not only I will be walking here again... but also with the ones I care about."

He suddenly disappears and goes back to the realm of the living.

At the hospital room, Kyoko cries on Nobuhiko's body. Nobuhiko opens his eyes and looks at his mother.

Nobuhiko: "Okaasan..."

Kyoko: "Nobuhiko!!! Oh, joy! We thought we will lose you forever!"

Nobuyuki: "Little Nobu... *sniffs* Don't go, you know!?"

Hiroyuki: "Just as I thought that we will spend a very short time with you again. I'm so happy. I'm the happiest father in the world right now."

Samui: "Senpai...."

Nobuhiko rises up and looks at them.

Nobuhiko: "Guys, no need to cry. I should be the one doing the crying. Because I'm so happy that I have finally done my mission, to bring this family back together. I have worked my entire life for this, and even lose it in order for it to happen.

Now, we should all be happy!"

His family hugs him, very happy that they are complete once again.

Nobuhiko: "I promise you... that you will smile everyday."

Nobuyuki: "So what are your plans now?"

Nobuhiko: "Well, work with you in your motoring show."

Nobuyuki: "Oh yeah... and knowing already who you really are now prompted the HR to accept you."

Nobuhiko: "No interviews!?"

Nobuyuki: "That race in Suzuka is more than just an interview."

Nobuhiko: "Thank you very much!"

Nobuyuki: "And I'm always wondering, what's Samui-kun's day job?"

Samui: "I'm one of Honda's test drivers. Kinda ironic that I own cars of different brands aside from a Honda."

Nobuhiko: "I wonder how's Dream Alliance?"

Nobuyuki: "I have LOTS of stories to tell. I'm sure even our lunch breaks won' t be enough to tell all of them. Hehehehehe..."

A week after he got discharged, Nobuhiko immediately starts his first car review. And he is about to end it.

10134999436_be238d338e_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "To sum up..."

10135051253_60d0785699_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "While this may have stock performance, thankfully, this Liberty Walk F40 is just an example how can an old car be as fast as it was in its heyday. It has all the necessary modifications to ensure that it can keep up with today's competition."

10134840734_ab81c6ea8a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "And the F40 still turns heads as it passes along Ginza or Roppongi districts of Tokyo. Oh, before we end this clip, let me tell you one thing....

...I own this car. Yep, this is MY F40. And so, back to studio!"

He and the crew return to the office. Nobuyuki and Takanori view the entire clip of his review.

Nobuyuki: "Great job there, Little Nobu!"

Takanori: "You gotta thank Big Nobu for repainting and modifying it for you. Well, time to work on for the Vintage Car episode!"

Nobuhiko: "Oh, I have the Toyota 2000GT covered. Oyaji's 2000GT was recently restored, right?"

Nobuyuki: "Yep. I will be reviewing the Mercedes 300SL. And as for Takanori-san..."

The Director gives Takanori the scenario for his review.

Takanori: "Chevrolet C3 Corvette!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

The Hiramoto brothers laugh.

Time: 4 pm, the next day

Takuma once again does practice runs at the track. The F1 Season will officially open 2 weeks from now.

10134920555_c8cd5d7837_c.jpg

Takuma: "I'm off to a great start. I can feel it."

10134998036_53738c5e9b_c.jpg

Takuma: "Racing with the fastest drivers around the world would be a lot of fun. And I think F1 is a nice change of pace."

10135049703_d0749bc44c_c.jpg

Takuma: "Once my racing partner arrives...

...I am ready to take F1 by storm!"

END OF CHAPTER 3

Chapter 4
The Black Dragon​

The final chapter of this story. Be the witness of Takuma's adventures in Formula 1 racing. Sir Shaw McCarthy, a legendary race car driver and the father of Sir Ben, shows up as well. What are his plans? How much of an obstacle is he?

And of course, Japan's successful F1 racer named Takuma Sato is very much eager to race Takuma once again, this time in a duel of Formula machines. Which "Takuma" shall reign supreme?

Page 1 - The Dynamic Duo

Hey guys! I'm back! I will be telling my adventures once again. I miss you a lot!

So Toshiro Chouji is Nobuhiko Hiramoto in a different body, eh? So now I believe in reincarnation. Thanks to that enigma who made that video.

F1 is very much near, and I can already feel the pressure!

10155787546_77aa5f20a7_c.jpg

I am back at Nurburgring GP again. Peter is an amazing manager, to think he encourages me to practice here everyday. Besides, I have to be in tip-top shape!

10155702295_2ef7b1049a_c.jpg

However, we have a dilemma, and that could cost us our participation if we don't solve it in time.

10155838723_2c00fa87c1_c.jpg

My racing partner backed out at the last minute, and joined in a rival racing team since they offered better. Peter is scratching his head all day for this, and I have to contribute, as he had done so much for me.

10155837823_5be8205a62_c.jpg

I returned to the pit lane and take a break. I took off my helmet and grab a can of soda for refreshment.

Takuma: "How about I find the driver?"

Peter: "Well, who do you have in mind?"

Takuma: "He's also from Dream Alliance, and is FIA's top racing driver. He will be a great asset, I assure you."

Samui and Nobuhiko are at a touge, with the former demonstrating the prowess of his Spoon-tuned Honda Civic Type R FD2.

10155785156_8f83c01596_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This is impressive! I never thought Civics could go this fast. Heh, you always aim for the gutters."

10155784776_7e44991e00_c.jpg

Samui: "Well, expect no less from Ichishima-san! It's a perfect mix of everyday practicality and driving fun!"

Nobuhiko: "With your recent exposure to rear-wheel drive cars, I'm glad you haven't forgotten to run a front-wheel drive car."

Samui: "That rallying back there was a learning experience. I am up for those again."

Nobuhiko: "Oh, allow me to take this opportunity to tell you... that I am joining Takuma-san in F1."

10155837053_0e36339fec_c.jpg

Samui: "Really? Wow! So... I'm alone again, huh?"

Nobuhiko: "Hey hey... don't be so sad, okay? Besides, you always look up to your Senpai, right? So watch your Senpai blazing through the track! And for that, you could use that as your inspiration, to be a faster driver. And you know what? You are just as skilled as I am! We're equals now!"

Suddenly, Nobuhiko's phone rings. It's Sayuki that sent an SMS.

Nobuhiko: "Again? What is it this time? Oh, Samui-kun... drop me off in a certain place. I'll give the directions."

10155836403_a30e6e698b_c.jpg

They arrived in Tokyo at 7 pm. Despite the rush hour, Samui manages to drop off his senior at the CIA Headquarters. Nobuhiko gives his junior a reassuring smile and a thumbs up, before he can enter the building.

He enters Agent Clinton's office, with Sayuki inside as well.

Nobuhiko: "You called me up again. I thought I'm outta here."

Sayuki: "We want to ask you just a small favor."

Nobuhiko: "Really? When you say that, it turns into something bigger."

Clinton: "Racing legend Sir Shaw McCarthy made a return. He showed up after several years of being a recluse. Do a background check on him. Initial info states that he will be managing an F1 team."

Nobuhiko: "So I'm investigating an old man that did no violations at all."

Sayuki: "We asked you because Takuma chose you to be his partner in his F1 team, so we used that opportunity. Besides, his mother is worried. She told me that he has plans for Takuma, and the way she said that to me, I can tell that there's something fishy with that old man."

Nobuhiko: "I see. Besides, being with Takuma-san and racing in F1 could be very fun and a worthwhile experience. Plus, I want to gauge myself against him, see if I can be as fast or even faster."

End of Page 1

It's basically a laughingstock team that will eventually be feared.

And yes, Nobuhiko will have some quick practices as well, but he'll struggle despite his capabilities...

Page 2 - Training Regimen

Before he could leave for Europe, Nobuhiko pays a visit first to Kasumi at the fashion design house. Upon seeing him, Kasumi rushes and hugs Nobuhiko in tears.

9949857763_e16287a8ae_c.jpg

Kasumi: "It's you all along! Why didn't you tell me? You very well know how much I miss you!"

Nobuhiko: "I'm sorry, Kasumi. Things have gotten hairy. It's too complicated to tell you the circumstances. But what's important is that you are doing well. Now don't cry anymore, okay? I'm here..."

The single mother wipes off her tears as she lets go. She goes back in ironing some of her newly-created dresses and jackets.

Kasumi: "I've heard you retired from Super GT, why?"

Nobuhiko: "I'll show no mercy next season, that's for sure. People will once again see The GT500 Legend for sure. Even if I continue this season, I won't capture the series championship. I'll be back with a bang next season.

But for now, I will be joining Takuma-san's F1 team in Europe."

Kasumi: "So you will be away once again, then?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm afraid so. But I will make it up to you once I return."

Kasumi: "Good luck! And I'll be waiting...."

Then the two kiss on their lips before Nobuhiko leaves.

Time: 4 pm, the next day

Sir Shaw McCarthy's team is the only team present in the track for practice runs. Along with him is also Owen's racing partner, a female racer named Christie Allen. The two watch Owen's practice run.

10169570994_f38c1a3e9e_c.jpg

Shaw: "Kinda peculiar that Team Lotus F1 is absent. Maybe they're dealing with their 2nd driver problem."

Christie: "With the offer you gave me, I sure do hope that it's more worthwhile than the one from the Team Lotus."

Shaw: "Don't worry, Missy. You'll like it here. That move is just the start of my plans. Let us see if Takuma can find a suitable partner for him."

10169750286_831cf245c0_c.jpg

Shaw: "It's just the beginning. I do hope Takuma overcomes that challenge."

10169677805_8935c22c9d_c.jpg

Shaw: "My son left me... my other son is in jail right now. Ben was the only person I can carve in my own image, but he ran away, and died eventually. Now, I'm afraid that his adopted child will suffer my wrath. Ben and I have clashing ideas and philosophies, and this F1 season shall be start.

Let's see if Ben's racing ideologies surpass mine!

Owen returns to the pit lane.

Owen: "The car's great. Perfect settings for the first round."

Shaw: "Good. Now you must stay focused for that round. Takuma has potential, and you've got to observe him all throughout the race. Let him win for that one.

I expect nothing less than perfection... That is my motto."

Oh hey there! I'm here in a hotel in Nurburg, since it's too much to ask to stay once again at Katrine's house. I am waiting for Nobuhiko to arrive. And what time is it?

11 pm... Oh great. He could arrive in an hour or so. I need to sleep!!!

But I don't have practice tomorrow... The team is working on the car, based on my feedback. But then, Nobuhiko has to be familiar with an F1 machine before the season starts! Damn... this is so freaking hard!

Then I hear a doorbell. Definitely not Room Service, so it could be him. I open the door and...

Nobuhiko: "At last... I arrived! I need sleep!"

Takuma: "Same here, buddy. You can have the other room just across the suite. We don't have practice tomorrow, but it's 2 weeks left before F1 season starts. So you have to master an F1 car in a short span of time."

Nobuhiko: "I can tell that it's really hard, based on Big Nobu's stories..."

Takuma: "Back then, we weren't close. Being my partner would be a great opportunity to get to know each other more. And I'm sure your god-like reflexes will help you master the machine. You have driven racing cars, so at least there's some similarity.

I will give a training regimen for you. The one that Otousan implemented on me. It is harsh, but it can give results in a short span of time.

So, are you ready?"

Nobuhiko: "I am ready. Besides, I want something new to play with, I don't want to be stuck in a GT500 machine forever, you know?"

End of Page 2

Back