Formula of Speed: Chapter 4; Page 21 - Exchange of Blows

Page 5 - Samui's Dark Side

Time: 10 pm

Nigel is still monitoring on Shiro's condition. He maintains his concern for the person that saved him.

Nigel: "What if... No... I know he can do it."

Out of a sudden, Shiro springs up, as if waking up from a dream.

Shiro: "Kasumi!"

Nigel: "Toshiro-san! Thank goodness you're finally awake!"

Shiro: "Aaaah..."

Shiro holds his stomach, still feeling pain out from the shot.

Nigel: "Please stay calm. I shall call the doctor."

Shiro: "Okay... Don't worry... I just... forgot to pick my leather jacket from her fashion house."

After checking Shiro's condition, the doctor leaves them. Shiro looks around the room.

Nigel: "It's really good that you finally woke up. I thought you'd be gone forever."

Shiro: "We must fight to live. That's what I believe in."

Nigel: "Hey, do you want to watch my team's participation in WRC RGT400?"

Shiro: "Your team? Where do you belong to?"

Nigel: "Dream Alliance."

Shiro: "I see. I can come with you."

A week later, the WRC officially starts. It takes place in Toscana, Italy as the first round of the timed runs. While plenty of participants have already set times, the Dream Alliance focuses on setting up the car for the run. On the other side, Nigel and Shiro arrive.

9783638713_c60f88c6b3_c.jpg

Nigel: "Let's stop here. This is a nice place to watch. We can see the whole course."

Shiro: "Okay."

Back in the pit tents, Pierre looks at Samui and then approaches the young man.

Pierre: "You know, I saw you yawning during the briefing session in Germany. Not good... But I think you're good enough to enter Dream Alliance. Don't let them down, okay?"

Samui: "Kore wa... gaki no asobi dake yo. Ore ni nameruna. Yoku miteru yo."

(This is just child's play. Don't underestimate me. Observe it well.)

Nobuyuki: "Whoa... I haven't heard Samui-kun speak like that. He's normally more respectful towards people."

Takanori: "Samui..."

It's Pierre's turn to run. Samui then immediately heads up to a higher place. Nobuyuki follows suit.

Nobuyuki: "Hey, what are you doing?"

Samui: "It's better to look from here. I can see every corner of the planned course."

9783558725_492d120d5e_c.jpg

Samui: "This way, I can grasp each corner even without driving it firsthand."

Nobuyuki: "What!?"

Samui: "In every touge I visit, I usually go to a highest point of view, where I can see most of the corners. There, I can tell how fast I can tackle those."

Nobuyuki: "Even without driving it?"

9783370181_889e9c7cc2_c.jpg

Pierre: "Rallying is not for amateurs. I don't even know why you ended up in Dream Alliance..."

9783566124_709eb3f73c_c.jpg

Pierre: "Well, whatever. No one can beat my braking prowess! I can release the brake at the exact point of a corner. Braking is, admittedly, a tough task. In a road like this, there are no brake markers. But I do use some trees or shrubs as such."

9783379782_70f420a853_c.jpg

Pierre: "I am really thankful that Sir Jacques let me drive this. It's something that's reserved for the best! I shall not let you down!"

9783572256_cf0eab2783_c.jpg

At the finishing point, Pierre records 3 minutes and 59 seconds.

Other cars are going at it, however, they can't beat the lap record. While waiting for his turn, Samui is taken by surprise when he sees Shiro. At a blink of an eye, he sees a vision of Nobuhiko once again.

Shiro: "Samui-kun! Something wrong? You're staring at me like that."

Samui: "No... nothing. We meet again."

Shiro: "I will watch you. Good luck!"

Samui: "Thank you... Se... no. Toshiro-san."

Shiro: "I think it's your turn. Good luck! I'm rooting for you."

9783557825_621768fb0b_c.jpg

Samui: "Senpai... just watch me. Watch me how much faster I am."

At the pits, Nobuyuki looks at the BRZ. He senses something unusual from Samui.

Nobuyuki: "Samui-kun is different today."

Takanori: "Yeah. I haven't seen him like that. I don't know that he can be that crude."

Samui sets off. Andreas and Pierre notice the rather slow start from the BRZ.

Andreas: "That ain't turbo. I don't hear any blow-off valve whistle."

Pierre: "Out of all cars, why a BRZ? I'm sure there are more options."

9783557515_f5c36ce443_c.jpg

Samui: "Gutters... they help you counteract the Centrifugal Force, hence you can corner faster. Even winding roads in Europe have those, huh? Gotta use them."

9783571666_99b1955785_c.jpg

Samui: "Seeing how that Renault go at the straights, it seems this BRZ will be left behind. But that French guy is rather overconfident, and he even lets it slide."

9783564934_27900130a5_c.jpg

Samui: "He... not even my team knows that I'm the..."

9783564634_6acb9e8caa_c.jpg

Samui: "I was a Slasher... I AM THE ORIGINAL SLASHER! ALL OTHER SLASHERS BOW BEFORE ME!!!"

9783368151_a57845767e_c.jpg

Samui: "Mountains are my territory. You're only a guest."

9783635973_ba837dcb16_c.jpg

The BRZ records an astounding 3 minutes and 49 seconds. Everyone, even the adjudicators, is taken by surprise.

Pierre: "What the.... Impossible!"

Takanori: "Unreal... to think he hasn't driven this road before."

At the other side...

Shiro: "That's my junior."

Nigel: "What did you say?"

Shiro: "Oh nothing. Samui-kun is really amazing, isn't he?"

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Words of Encouragement

Time: 6 pm

Takuma is busy doing bench presses in a gym at the basement. A television is on while doing the workout. It shows international news, and one story prompts him to stop.

Takuma: "48... 49... 50... Er, huh? Outlaw last seen in Japan? Interesting, gotta watch."

Then little Ben arrives, handing him a bottle of cold water.

Little Ben: "Daddy is getting more muscular! Here, have a drink."

Takuma: "Thanks! Oh, gotta watch this news."

Little Ben: "Who's that guy?"

Takuma: "Ahhhh an acquaintance of mine. Well, I'll leave him be. Whatever reputation he has right now, he's a good guy after all."

Little Ben: "Oh, have you heard?"

Takuma: "What is it?"

Little Ben: "The Dream Alliance won the first round! So, are you gonna watch the second round?"

Takuma: "That's great news. But I'll see if I can watch them. The second round is still in Italy, in another stretch of road in Toscana. Italy's far from here, if you ask me."

Little Ben: "I wonder when can I grab hold a steering wheel of an F1 car?"

Takuma: "Just be in your best, and you can achieve a lot."

Little Ben: "Uncle Samui is... rather mysterious. I mean, I met him and he is nice, and actually silent. But then..."

Takuma: "...he won the round. 10 seconds faster than his opponent. He is a totally different person behind the wheel. I want to ride with him someday and observe his skills. According to Nobuyuki, Samui acted totally different on that day. Even his manner of speech was different."

Time: 3 pm

The team locates the stretch of road that will be closed for the next round. As usual, Samui assesses the location as he looks around, while Takanori makes the run. However...

9801165234_f92360e28a_c.jpg

Nigel: "He suddenly came back. Why?"

Ricky: "Something wrong with my BRZ?"

Takanori pulls of a 180 degree turn. Then he opens up the window as the car stopped.

9801141335_21706c5bc4_c.jpg

9801225803_7dd372dc00_c.jpg

Takanori: "Samui, I need your help. Get in."

Samui: "Okay..."

Samui gets in the car. They set off as he straps on his harness.

Shiro: "What this team does not realize is that Samui-kun has the mountains on his side. He knows every nook and cranny of every touge in Japan. That is all thanks to his mentor, who always takes him to a mountain pass and test his skills there. Even here, he would easily get familiar. Gutters, sharp turns, uneven surfaces, dead leaves...

...are common among mountain passes. Samui-kun takes those factors into consideration. Even by just a glance, he can determine what speed is appropriate in each corner.

Takanori: "I don't want to end up sluggish on the next round. I need your help here..."

Samui: "Brake as you see that tree on the right. Shift down to 3rd."

Takanori: "Huh? Oh there! Right!"

9801163764_0343439622_c.jpg

9801224773_e8489d3ce9_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa... I've now taken this corner faster than a while back. You're really amazing!"

Seeing another corner...

Samui: "Shift down to 3rd once again."

Takanori: "3rd gear... KORAAAAAA!!!"

9801139455_4f4d5d061e_c.jpg

Samui: "You're like that middle-aged man I saw in a racing anime. He also drives a GT-R. He yells whenever he approaches a corner."

Takanori: "Ehehehehehe.... I have no idea who or what you're talking about. But you really have to be dynamic and... just let out what you truly feel!"

9801138965_2a7a25a6df_c.jpg

Samui: "What do you mean?"

Takanori: "What's inside you, better let it out! That way, you can do your best! Thinking too much can actually slow you down. Do what you feel what's best for you! You are a great person, Samui! And I'm glad..."

Samui: "Take the gutter under that tree. It's a better line."

9801223523_51b419baa7_c.jpg

Takanori suddenly puts his fist on Samui's hair and performs a noogie.

Samui: "Hehehehehe... hey!"

9801222933_754a4c104f_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm glad we found you. You truly carry our family's need for speed! You've finally awakened it! With that, you must be proud! And carry on that pride whenever you race."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Kinda ironic that I took some inspiration from this game (including the persistent Toudou Juuku School which inspired the Rouge Racing School of this story). I bought this from Singapore in 2009, and I am playing this again:

1234654_10201745218335672_475004708_n.jpg

1174823_10201833376899581_1225926175_n.jpg

Now my time with GT5 is split into half. :P

Page 7 - A Pro's Game

The 2nd round of the event has started. With the Rouge Racing School's loss, Andreas took it rather personally, and he is dead serious on beating the Dream Alliance.

Jacques: "Don't screw up on this one, Andreas. This Renault's victory record got tarnished by a group of amateurs."

Andreas: "I will crush them, don't worry."

It's Andreas' turn to shine. He tightens his grip on the steering wheel as he revs the engine, waiting for the go signal.

9818443416_75841bbff5_c.jpg

And it's time to set off. He carefully steers the wheel, knowing the demanding nature of the 5 Turbo.

9818426635_d6fdb6f819_c.jpg

Andreas: "Takanori Kanonji... he started just as a video game player. How the hell can he make it this far!?"

Andreas slows down and downshifts at the consecutive corners.

9818425735_dc8f16946b_c.jpg

Andreas: "He has no racing education whatsoever, yet how did he win so many races that way? I just don't understand."

9818414764_f9f905e707_c.jpg

Andreas: "Whatever... even if you suck, I'll run in my best. I'll just show you who has class!"

9818413264_3fe64f1e40_c.jpg

Andreas: "This car is very demanding to drive, I know. But knowing the fact that I can drive it means that I am applying all what I've learned in that school. Just like the academics, you need formal education in racing too! Video games are for kids!"

9818438986_f86311f1d3_c.jpg

Andreas: "2 minutes and 41 seconds. Let's see if you can beat it, Takanori boy..."

Then it's Takanori's turn, Takuma makes a surprise visit and immediately goes to the car.

Takanori: "Aniki!? Hey!"

Takuma: "What's up, little shrimp?"

Then Takuma puts his fists on Takanori's hair and commences the noogie.

Takuma: "Here's a good luck noogie."

Takanori: "Thanks! Aren't you supposed to practice for F1?"

Takuma: "Don't tell me what to do, shrimp. Okay, I won't disturb you further.

Takuma heads back to the tent to join the others.

9818499703_23bbb88919_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can do this. I can do this. I'm waiting for go."

3... 2... 1... Go!

With the go signal, Takanori buries the throttle, with the BRZ creating wheelspin.

Takuma: "I'm sure Samui coached Takanori for this. Looking at Samui right now, he seems confident that his lecture will pay off. There's something within Samui I or even the rest of the team doesn't know. He emits an entirely different aura! Despite the tension here, he seems very calm."

9818437646_b7546744b0_c.jpg

Takanori: "No wonder my Roadster lost against this car. This has a balance of power and handling finesse."

9818437076_8a3cb9731b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Samui told me that most corners here are taken in 3rd gear. And he's right!"

9818436726_6f3795cf33_c.jpg

Takanori: "Okay, shift down to 3rd gear! Ora ora!!!"

9818435946_8c7ff26ec1_c.jpg

Takanori: "DORYAAAAA!!! Now I'm on fire! So what if it's a prestigious racing school we're dealing with? It's a battle of skill and experience!"

9818435376_efb36ff307_c.jpg

Takanori: "Otousan used to drive me into the mountain passes every weekend in the R32 GT-R. So I'm familiar with those too! That's something a racing school cannot cover! Street-smarts are not to be underestimated, you book-smart snobs!"

9818434716_49a25d4174_c.jpg

Once again, everyone is in shock, as the BRZ posts a time of 2 minutes and 37.2 seconds.

Samui: "Whew... that small lecture paid off."

Ricky: "I guess you are fit for rallying then, Samui. Rallying involves these types of races. And it also takes place on winding roads as well."

On the Rouge Racing School's tent...

Andreas: "Merde!!! This is ridiculous!"

Jacques: "I guess it's time..."

Jacques enters the tent and tends to the car.

Pierre: "Look at our chief, he simply walked out."

Time: 11 am, two days later

An orange TVR Tamora tears up the mountain road. In it is Jacques, but as a passenger. He is talking to someone...

9818434146_711a01e37d_c.jpg

Jacques: "Thank you for giving your time for us, Hans. I cannot simply let this pass by. I cannot stand being beaten by amateurs who don't even have racing education."

9818433726_5a7c241086_c.jpg

Hans: "I told you Sir, to retire that Renault 5 Turbo. You clearly saw it age. It served you well, but I think it's time to replace it."

Jacques: "I will find a better replacement, don't worry. But for now, I need your strength. Show the Dream Alliance what a Pro like you can do. You are the top of the batch that graduated last year. I'm really happy of your achievements you received in the circuit so far."

9818416585_a630377d30_c.jpg

Hans: "But the Dream Alliance even won some of the most grueling races in the world. You think you'd still call them amateurs?"

Jacques: "Whatever people say, I still view them as racers with no class at all. No schooling whatsoever. To think the leader of the team was a member of The Proteges. I am very eager to show Takuma how much class we have."

Hans: "All right. Just as long as it is worthwhile. It's been a while since I haven't had a proper race."

End of Page 7

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. ~ Pete Seeger.

Page 8 - Partners

The team recuperates at the Eisenberg home in Ahrweiler, Germany. The next round will be far off, giving Ricky the time to set up his BRZ for the next round. Nigel and Shiro pay a visit, while Samui looks at Axel's cars at the garage.

Samui: "I just wonder when can I have cars like those. Hmmmm.... oh right, he owns an NSX too. But I guess I have to ask permission to drive it."

Shiro suddenly comes in.

Shiro: "You can ask permission, if you want. Isn't that Go Hojo's NSX? Or something different?"

Samui: "Senpai! I knew it..."

Shiro: "Eh? Senpai? Ummmm...."

Samui: "Don't deny it! Both of us are avid fans of that anime! We can even tell a character when we see the same car on the road!"

Shiro has to come up another excuse... to cover up his true identity.

Shiro: "What are you talking about?"

Samui: "Don't deny anything from me, senpai... I can see you. Whenever I see you in the first glance, I see your soul... You are living in another body as a reincarnate! I have a third eye! Call me crazy if you want, but you are Nobu-senpai!

Since you're here... allow me to demonstrate... how much better I am. Don't go..."

Samui asks permission from Katrine to borrow her husband's NSX. Then he and Shiro head to the Nurburgring.

9837645745_fa58879e13_c.jpg

Shiro: "Why are you doing this? I'm not your senpai."

Samui: "I told you not to deny anything from me, Senpai. You already broke your promise."

Samui floors the throttle as he exits the first corner.

Shiro: "Samui-kun has changed..."

9837665906_fd55fe4a92_c.jpg

Samui: "Driving a rear-wheel drive car is like..."

Samui guns through the corners with controlled accelerator and steering inputs, applying what he learned.

9837733613_dc3ee96829_c.jpg

Samui: "...a tennis wall practice. The car is the ball, I must not lose it."

9837615624_92529ec635_c.jpg

Shiro: "He truly remembered what I told him before. Gotta salute his memory... And also, his mastery of this track."

9837732903_659b9526af_c.jpg

9837732623_1f2043a1e6_c.jpg

Samui: "Downforce is the downward pressure that pushes the car down. It works at its best at high speed. Those were the exact words you told me while you lectured me in Suzuka. Senpai... have I gotten them right?"

9837614594_f7b7e9c180_c.jpg

Shiro: "There's no use denying it. Damn... I didn't really take notice of Samui's sixth sense.

Samui: "Silence means Yes, right?"

9837643385_252b752263_c.jpg

9837613604_3fc66621f4_c.jpg

Samui: "7 minutes and 4 seconds. How did I fare, Senpai?"

Shiro: "In tennis, he would ask after the game on how he fared. And I always praise him. You've truly gotten better, Samui-kun."

Samui: "Can we talk outside?"

The two stop and get out of the car.

Shiro: "Samui-kun..."

Samui: "The way you call me... only one person can call me like that with a distinct tone. And it's you, Nobu-senpai."

Shiro: "Let me explain..."

Samui: "Remember your promise? Don't tell me you left it in the afterlife!"

Shiro: "I'm not gonna deny everything from you. I promised that we will always be partners. We will always be a team."

Samui: "Don't you realize I've been like this ever since you died!? You are my only inspiration! Your death almost crushed my spirit! You always praise me, and that makes me happy. I've always questioned my abilities, and you are the only one that reassures me! Whenever we are about to lose in a tennis match, you would step in and save me! You would always win it at the last minute! You always tell me never to give up!"

Then Samui finally breaks down in tears.

Samui: "NOW DON'T TELL ME THAT I'M NOT YOUR KOHAI! I have always needed you, you know!? You're the only person that made me realize that I'm not alone. And... you are the fastest racer I've known! You are my life teacher! I want my Nobu-senpai back! I want the old times!"

Shiro puts up a smile, having finally heard how his kohai feels. Shiro puts his hand on Samui's head.

Shiro: "You've gotten a lot stronger since we last met. I'm really proud of you... partner. Now cheer up. Nobu-senpai is back. I will revive that promise."

Shiro wipes Samui's tears with his finger.

Shiro: "I'm not gonna abandon you anymore. But can you also do me a favor?"

Samui: "What is it, then?"

Shiro: "Just keep this between us, okay? I'll explain why."

With a sudden cheerful and energetic mood, Samui replies like what he was in the old days.

Samui: "Ryoukai!"

The two return to Ahrweiler. They arrive just in time, as Ricky is about to announce something.

Ricky: "This just in, guys. We're being challenged by the Rouge Racing School to a race in Eiger, Switzerland. Actually, they only want Takuma-san. What's more, they're gonna send out a graduate to beat him. That graduate in question is said to be the best in his batch, and has racked up wins ever since the start of his career."

Takanori: "But..."

Nigel: "Takuma-san is not available, then."

Samui steps up, with a strong and confident demeanor.

Samui: "Takuma should not be bothered by those snooty students. Let him focus on F1. I will be the one rising up for the challenge! I've had enough being belittled."

Hearing those brave words, Shiro smiles.

Samui: "They're gonna send out a pro? I don't care. Because they'll never know what will hit them. I will show them that being a street-smart can just be as good as being a book-smart. How completely arrogant to say that circuit racing techniques are the best. Experience is what makes the person grow!"

Shiro: "That's my partner! We're back in business!"

Ricky: "You sound like Takuma-san now, huh? Well, I won't stop you."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Senpai = senior; Kohai = junior.

- I can lend the orange Tamora for the volunteer on the duel tomorrow.

The reveal eh? Samui already predicted it.

Also, Shiro's going to feel a huge pain from actions in my fiction. And it's not death, I assure you.

Page 9 - That Kid

Time: 11 pm

Before Takuma could sleep, he receives a call from Ricky about the school's challenge.

Takuma: "Heh... so they want a piece of me, eh? Sorry, I'm not available on the weekend."

Ricky: "I know it's too much for me to ask you to race, as I don't want you to steer away from your focus in F1. Samui-san volunteered to take care of them."

Takuma: "Well, Samui claims that he is a mountain pass racer, but a part of me is worrying, as he hasn't yet mastered the Eiger Pass in Switzerland."

Ricky: "He did some runs before the rallying events took place. But I am worried too, as our opponent is a Pro."

Takuma: "Hans hails from Switzerland, kinda ironic for the fact that a foreigner came out on top of a Paris-based racing school. He has the potential, and I know it. I've seen him race and he employs a mix of aggressive and witty tactics. But his special ability is to go at the same speed as his opponent at the corners, regardless of the car he's using."

Ricky: "Typical pro racer antics there."

Takuma: "I wish you the best this coming weekend. They'll really be surprised that a kid would act as my substitute. They have yet to see Samui's fangs."

Ricky: "Can't believe he's only 19 or 20, I think... but has the skill of a veteran."

Takuma: "He does. Anyways, I need to wake up early tomorrow. I have testing to do. Well then, I wish you Godspeed."

The next day, Ricky sets up the BRZ for tomorrow's showdown. He calls on Samui.

Samui: "What is it?"

Ricky: "Since you've ran through Eiger Pass a couple of times, how is it like?"

Samui: "It's actually short, but rather steep hill. It has series of hairpins, then you can relax after those, and another set of those hairpins come up before the tunnel. After the tunnel, you can blast your way to victory, as the corners become more gentle."

Ricky: "I see. I guess I have to set this up to oversteer a bit more, as it is technical."

Samui: "I'd recommend it. Please do so."

Katrine serves breakfast for the team, and then tends to her child. Shiro taps the fork on his glass, as if to call attention.

Shiro: "Guys... after the race, I'll make an important announcement."

Takanori: "Eh??? Can't you say it now?"

Shiro: "Takanori-san, we must focus first on Samui-kun's race. This announcement may affect our current situation. It's better if I say it after the race."

Ricky: "Okay then. My turn. Tomorrow is the appointed time to race. We leave early for Switzerland and head to the Eiger Pass. We will surprise the Rouge Racing school by sending Samui-san to the start line. We wait at the finish line at the base of the hill."

Takanori: "Sounds like a nice plan! I'm sure Lil' Samui here will demolish the competition!"

Samui: "I'll give them the show of their lifetime. I'll make that chief wet his pants."

Time: 2 pm, the next day

It's the day of the showdown. Hans is doing practice runs while waiting for Samui to arrive. Jacques, Pierre, and Andreas are at the starting point observing the run.

9854610096_b4f19f4269_c.jpg

Andreas: "So it's tuned to take on Takuma's Gallardo LP600-2, eh?"

Jacques: "That's correct. The TVR's lightness is also the perfect weapon for a winding road."

In the TVR...

9854609746_29d1396c7a_c.jpg

Hans: "This feels good, the settings are perfect. But why do I feel something's not right?"

9854589415_d139fc5030_c.jpg

Hans: "And the weather decides not to cooperate. But I believe that the RWD Gallardo will have a disadvantage should the road get wet."

9854653653_db64b0561e_c.jpg

Hans: "I will show him the extent of my abilities, that's for sure. I have to make Sir Jacques proud, and as well as to avenge for the school."

As he arrives back at the summit, the rain suddenly falls down.

Pierre: "Oh no."

Andreas: "Why? You think 600 horses will like a wet road? Of course not! Hans' TVR is perfect for beating that Lamborghini."

Jacques: "I wonder what keeps him from coming up here? He's rather late."

Hans: "I do hope it's worth the wait."

Samui and the BRZ climb up the pass while the rest of the Dream Alliance wait at the parking lot at the foot of the hill. He does not mind the slippery conditions.

9854588665_87184099d1_c.jpg

Samui: "Rain... the rain brings out the best of the driver."

He drifts the BRZ without fear despite the wet road.

9854588465_ca0938725c_c.jpg

Samui: "The rain and the mountain pass is a deadly combination."

9854652903_27321d9c06_c.jpg

Andreas hears a loud, upcoming car.

Andreas: "He's coming."

Pierre: "But the exhaust note is different from a Gallardo's... it's more of a Boxer engine sound. Don't tell me..."

9854607656_e672c3ddb7_c.jpg

Everyone is taken by shock as they see the BRZ coming towards them.

Pierre: "That BRZ!?"

As Samui arrives and gets out of the car, they get even more shocked.

Pierre: "That kid!?"

Jacques: "Where's Takuma?"

Samui: "He's currently busy testing for his F1 car. I believe we should not disturb him. So here I am, as his substitute."

Pierre: "We didn't ask you, little boy. Takuma is a much better challenge."

Samui: "Please stop making assumptions. So what if I'm not a pro, as what you believe? And the Japanese value courtesy more than anything. I came all the way up here. Fuel is expensive now, you know?"

Hans: "Since he's here, let's make his trip worthwhile. Don't be rude to him.

You are so young. What's your name?"

Samui: "Samui Kanonji. Nice to meet you."

Hans: "Hans Gerber."

As the two shake hands, Hans suddenly got surprised.

Hans: "Those hands... are cold! As if he has a sinister motive. There must be a reason why he's sent here."

Samui: "Shall we start?"

The two get in their respective cars. They start in a leader-chaser fashion, with Hans being the chaser.

Jacques: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

9854559704_8f3637d3fb_c.jpg

They set off, Hans is in a composed mood.

Hans: "I'll show you the difference between a Pro and an Amateur."

End of Page 9

Page 10 - On My Side

At the base of the hill, the Dream Alliance eagerly waits for the race to finish. Ricky is rather worried, knowing that it suddenly rained.

Ricky: "Oh dear... I just hope that lad makes it down here alive. I've set that BRZ to turn even better, to cope up with the technical nature of this road."

Takanori: "It's set to oversteer even more, then? It's not your fault if it rains, you know?"

Ricky: "Yeah, but it broke my simulations. I was expecting the BRZ to have a fighting chance, and for Samui-san to have an easier drive."

Shiro: "Let's just see, then. We never know what happens until one of the cars pass by at this finish line. Samui-kun has potential, and he has gotten more confident."

Ricky: "And you... sorry to say this, but you look like you came from nowhere."

Nobuyuki: "Well, Toshiro-kun started out as a convenience store cashier, until his racing skills brought him this far. The three of us found him... we always buy food from the convenience store for our lunch at work."

Shiro: "Thank you for helping me back then."

Takanori: "You're welcome, but you are about to say something important to us, right?"

Shiro: "Can it wait, Takanori-san? Let's just cross our fingers first and hope Samui-kun wins."

During the race...

9874857654_185295307d_c.jpg

Hans: "It's been a while since I had a worthwhile race. That was against The Proteges back then. I used to run in this pass too."

9874857254_dbd1a26f65_c.jpg

Hans: "Interesting cornering speed there, for an amateur. But really... I can't quite put my finger on it. How did that kid managed to beat Pierre?"

9874842195_82d83aacc4_c.jpg

Hans: "I'm sure Takuma is not fooling around when he sent that kid as his substitute. Pierre described that kid as a monster, for beating his lap time."

9874855916_961739d253_c.jpg

Hans: "Well, whatever it is, my purpose here is to show how a real Pro wins the race. Once I pass you, it's game over."

9874839505_8f8d38d10f_c.jpg

Hans: "Drifting is seen as a no-no in circuit racing. Let's face it, it's really slow, don't you think? I don't get why it's such a hype nowadays."

Making his move, Hans steps on the accelerator harder.

9874962613_06d6c39543_c.jpg

Samui: "He is making a move... and I have to anticipate it!"

Hans: "Heh, playtime is over."

Hans aims at the BRZ's blind spot.

9874853594_4c47d9483e_c.jpg

And then he performs a pit maneuver, Samui countersteers to regain control as Hans overtakes when the BRZ created the opening.

9874853484_32f4f0835f_c.jpg

Hans: "I don't intend for you to spin out. But I am amazed at how you regained control of your car. This is what Pros do at the racetrack. Don't take it offensively."

Samui: "That was close. You are not getting away with your trick! You think I'm gonna give up!?"

The BRZ leaps at high speed.

9874853116_7cc1716a4a_c.jpg

And then Samui controls the car as it lands.

9874960533_640bd61e38_c.jpg

Samui: "I'm not letting you get away..."

9874852346_74e407b373_c.jpg

Hans: "Persistent, aren't you? Sometimes it's an ugly quality. In this place, your persistence might kill you."

9874850594_a76e99fdc1_c.jpg

Samui: "I shall show you what sets a mountain pass racer apart from a circuit racer!"

They are at the final section... Samui goes to the other lane, to perform his counterattack.

9874834495_876f9787cb_c.jpg

Samui: "You will be a witness on how The Original Slasher "slashes" the dreams of every racer. You are my victim!"

Samui attacks the Tamora's blind spot, in retaliation from Hans' move a while back.

9874849214_94ff3b4782_c.jpg

Hans: "What the!?"

9874848434_1feb7714de_c.jpg

Samui: "The mountains... ARE ON MY SIDE!!!"

End of Page 10

Page 11 - Rain Dance

Making a surprise appearance at the finish line is Spoon Sports founder, Tatsuru Ichishima. He joins the team in waiting for Samui to arrive.

Takanori: "It's Ichishima-san! It's an honor to see you in person! So, what brings you here?"

Tatsuru: "I'm spending a holiday in whole of Europe, until I heard the news of Samui-kun's race here. I don't know that he can attract attention of a whole racing school."

Takanori: "Well, he has the Kanonji's genes of speed, I tell ya!"

Tatsuru: "He'll win this... I can tell it. This is child's play for Samui-kun."

9897486833_bf125f9d39_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "How can you tell?"

Tatsuru: "I brought him to all mountain passes of Japan. And because of his excellent photographic memory, he mastered them like the backyard of his home. He learned to race in the mountains, not at the track. With that, he is familiar with every geographical features common to a mountain pass. Rain, shine, or even snow, he knows them at the back of his head."

Back in the race...

Hans: "What the!? He used the same trick I used against him. He also jumped into my blind spot and attacked me. But..."

The BRZ brakes too late and created an opening for Hans to pass again.

9897486743_81152c85c0_c.jpg

Hans: "Don't be too hasty! You had that glory all too short!"

Samui: "I'm not gonna give up! I'll show you what really separates us!"

9897339735_e95df2ef49_c.jpg

Samui steps hard on the accelerator and then kicks the clutch to perform a drift that blocks the Tamora.

9897386104_a0e3210b47_c.jpg

Samui: "You are hesitant in some turns! A touge racer has no fear! You are too scared to face the oncoming traffic! This is not something that a racing school can simulate!"

9897337665_c88dc4b81e_c.jpg

Hans: "Impressive. For that, I will show no mercy! I'm not gonna back down to kid like you!

With this Tamora's lightness, I can enter the same speed at the corners as you do!"

9897483263_865dd38b05_c.jpg

Samui: "Tennis ball... Tennis ball... Tennis ball..."

9897383284_69ea934c6e_c.jpg

Samui controls the steering and accelerator inputs, like a tennis wall practice.

9897368876_7d4b907045_c.jpg

Samui: "Bounce... AND VOLLEY!!!"

Unfortunately for Hans, the Tamora spins out.

9897481483_90b6d1f81c_c.jpg

Hans: "What a guy... he's not just a kid. Heh..."

9897367546_1834a85541_c.jpg

Samui: "It's over. Don't you underestimate people who grew on experience..."

The team can see the tunnel, and as they see the BRZ exit from it, they are very happy.

9897367226_68a5cbd459_c.jpg

Takanori: "He did it!!!"

Shiro: "Heh, that's my boy..."

Nobuyuki: "Did something happen to his opponent?"

Samui shows off a drift in front of his teammates.

9897479003_d417a0eb10_c.jpg

Tatsuru: "Good job, Samui-kun."

At the top of the mountain, Jacques simply puts down his mobile phone.

Jacques: "Hans spun out..."

Pierre: "What!? Impossible!!!"

Andreas: "Just what the hell is that kid!?"

Moments later, Hans stops by at the goal. He approaches Samui.

Hans: "You have an amazing talent. I think you could be a great student in the racing school."

Samui: "Thanks for the offer, but I have already mastered driving techniques."

Hans: "From what driving school you came from, then?"

Samui: "The mountains. You see, I was a street racer. The mountains have a different "flowchart" of racing techniques for you to master. You see, a racing school cannot simulate situations like this. You cannot apply circuit driving techniques on either a street or a mountain pass race. There are special requirements for you to have."

Hans: "What are those?"

Samui: "Dedication and bravery. Back there, I saw some hesitation from you. You have fear on oncoming traffic, that's why you were slower in some corners. With experience, you can overcome that.

A circuit does not have oncoming traffic, hence you cannot apply it in places like these.

If you have those qualities I've mentioned, then you can also be an unstoppable force in the racetrack. Some world-famous race car drivers started out from the streets too, you know? Like for example, Keiichi Tsuchiya. He was a mountain pass racer in his youth."

Takanori: "Very well said!"

The next day, the team is at Germany in Axel's home. As promised, Shiro holds a meeting, as he will announce something.

Shiro: "As promised, I will announce something important today."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Shiro: "I will take Samui-kun under my wing."

Nobuyuki: "Awwww... so he'll be out of the team for a while?"

Shiro: "Correct. But don't take this against me. This would be beneficial for Samui-kun. I will be his partner in upcoming races, such as the Super GT in Japan. Once this cub turns into a tiger, I will bring him back to you."

Takanori: "I guess this would be a great idea for Samui. Is it okay for you?"

Samui: "Toshiro-san and I have already talked about it, even before the race. And I have decided to join him. Being with him will make me learn a lot more in the racing world. I will be as great as the Kanonji Twins once I return this team, I promise!"

Takanori: "Looking forward to it! I wish you all the best!"

End of Page 11

Last edited:
Page 12 - Little Nobu's Return

The Dream Alliance continued on setting blistering times at the WRC's newest category, with Rouge Racing School backing out due to technical difficulties of their car.

9915911506_b0277aba03_c.jpg

9916047273_b7202d1c6b_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Shiro and Samui return to Japan, to focus on the latter's training and on Super GT as well. Despite missing one round, they are still allowed to participate.

They spend an overnight at the Hiramoto family's 2nd home in Mie Prefecture, just nearby Suzuka Circuit. Samui wakes up the next morning, with Shiro out of sight.

Samui: "Where's Nobu-senpai?"

He descends downstairs, and still could not find him. He heads outside, and he is greeted upon the sight of the bright rising sun. He finally sees a silhouette of his senior, just jogging, returning to the house.

Shiro: "Good morning, Samui-kun!"

Samui: "Senpai, what's the agenda for today?"

Shiro: "Oh, we'll be heading to Suzuka today. We shall be running the Supra. Though of course, we'll not use it in races. I just want to run it today... I missed it so much."

Samui: "Understood. I'm very eager to drive it too! Let's go!"

Shiro: "I guess Takanori-san's energetic attitude made its way to you, huh? I like it. Always be positive, because that would make you successful one day."

Samui: "Spending time with the team made me learn a lot about life as well. My cousins make me feel that I'm really part of the family."

The two enter the garage, with Samui looking at his senior's GT500 machine.

Samui: "That car always gives me the chills. It's really amazing..."

Shiro: "Despite the fact that it's retired now, it's still running as it is on its heyday. I'm thankful that Big Nobu maintained it. And it's also street-legal, you know?"

Samui: "That unmistakable livery, that big wing, and that mean stance..."

Shiro: "Shall we set up this thing?"

Samui: "Okay. Let's do this."

The two make initial adjustments, and then Shiro installs new tires that he bought yesterday. With everything settled, they head to Suzuka.

They arrived just a few minutes later. Shiro then sees Keith and his team setting up the Honda HSV-010 GT.

Keith: "Whoa... Hey, Shiro-san is back! How's Europe?"

Shiro: "Great. That's all I can say."

Keith: "So, we'll be partners again?"

Shiro: "I'm afraid not. Me and my junior here will participate."

Keith: "Who's that young guy?"

Samui: "My name is Samui Kanonji. Pleased to meet you."

As custom would dictate, Samui bows in front of Keith. Keith does the same in return.

Keith: "Pleased to meet you too. But you guys missed the first round..."

Shiro: "And so? Just watch us crawl our way to the top."

Keith: "So what car are you running, then?"

Shiro points at his Castrol Supra.

Keith: "That's the one that I rode in with Nobuyuki-san! It's retired, right?"

Shiro: "You can say that. But the one you'll be seeing is pretty much the same thing, remember?"

Keith: "Oh yeah, that other Supra..."

Shiro puts his hand on Keith's shoulder.

Shiro: "May the best man win."

Shiro wears his race suit, and then gets in the Supra.

9915909496_20baff5147_c.jpg

Shiro: "How's it been, partner? Big Nobu takes care of you a lot."

9915909106_541889e2f9_c.jpg

Using his inputs that he normally performs, the Supra responds to its driver very well, just like the old times.

Shiro: "You still have the moves! I'm glad. But we can only run like this, you know?"

9915956664_dc5b76677a_c.jpg

Shiro: "But don't worry, you have a "brother" that will do it for you! Maybe we can play again after each round to make up, eh? I missed you so much!"

9915874815_1bdb3fb578_c.jpg

Shiro: "Keith... you joined the Super GT because I inspired you, right? Well, I'm honored. And because of that, you shall be the witness...

...of THE GT500 LEGEND'S RETURN!!!"

End of Chapter 2​

Keith's clueless on who he's really talking to. Haha. 👍

Also: my crossover plot devices creep even closer, jam packed into one part (4-4). Just giving a heads up on possible plot clashing. SPOILERS ARE OFF THE CHARTS!!

1. The million dollar question. What does Sonny, Jacob and Alan all have in common, aside friendship and Harbinger involvment?

The three are related through an old legend. They visit Sir Ben's grave. It isn't just a friendly meeting, since Alan and Jacob carries more than just good memories and goodbyes in their hearts.

2. Keith WILL find out Shiro's true identity. How?

Jacob shows evidence. But, to mark a clear message: Keith records a set up meeting with Outlaw by Suzuka's 130R, as he provokes the racing world with the open burning of Nobu's shrine. With that, he gains a major boost in fans and people to race. There is going to be a social uproar on this, so nobody will be left out on what happened. Oh, and he tells everyone why: he claims to know that the GT500 legend is alive. This scene assumes that people have no clue on Nobu's life state, so it's not final.

Chapter 3
The Legend Returns​

Page 1 - Connections

It's an ordinary evening in Tokyo. With everyone exiting the offices, happy that today's work is done and they can finally rest. Japan is slowly recovering from its economic slump from the Sendai Earthquake and Tsunami, and as well as the Fukushima Nuclear Crisis. People feel that their lives improved slightly, but they also feel that it's better to be slow and steady.

Then, a not-so-ordinary car enters one of Tokyo's freeways.

9930651386_90e3be0786_c.jpg

9930774493_5e09ffeffe_c.jpg

It's a Korean car, called the Oullim Motors Spirra. Korean cars are a handful in Japan, unlike in the rest of the world. Japan and Korea's diplomatic relations are complicated to say at best, still with disputed territories and cultural issues just among the reasons why.

The car in question arrives at the Kanonji Mochi Shop. The driver's nationality is just the same as the car, even the car has a Korean license plate, suggesting that he took it along. He enters the shop, and is greeted by none other than Tomoko Kanonji.

Tomoko: "Welcome! Oh, another Korean! What's your name???"

???: "My name is Hwang Hye-ji. This shop's popularity even reached Seoul, you know? You can easily recognize my nationality, huh?"

Tomoko: "I see. No wonder I am having Korean customers, and some of them even requested to expand my business and open a shop in Korea!"

Hwang: "Yeah, actually it's been a talk there back home among the foodie community. And now I finally get to try your world-famous Mochi that can only be found here. For starters, I want to try your Red Bean."

And so after receiving the payment, Tomoko gets a dozen of Red Bean mochi and place them in a box.

Tomoko: "Here you go."

Hwang: "Thank you very much. Well then, I must be off."

Tomoko: "Farewell!"

The next day, Shiro returns to Kasumi's fashion design house in Ginza, to finally claim his tailored leather jacket long overdue. As he enters, he sees Kasumi feeding her son.

Shiro: "Ehem... excuse me?"

Kasumi: "Toshiro-san! I thought you are not going to get your leather jacket!"

Shiro: "I paid for it, so I have to get it. Sorry it took me so long. I have been too busy lately."

Kasumi: "Oh, there's my son... who happens to have the same name as you!"

Shiro: "I see. Haha. Isn't he cute... So, where's his father?"

Kasumi: "He doesn't have one. Well, it's kinda complicated if I tell you how I had him, but I am doing my best in raising him. Oh, this is my new home, by the way... well, behind this shop."

Shiro: "I see. Oh, isn't that the one? My jacket?"

Kasumi: "Oh yes!"

She takes the leather jacket and gives it to him. The jacket is encased in a suit cover.

Shiro: "Thank you very much. We'll see each other again soon..."

He gets out of the shop, looking once again her.

Shiro: "Kasumi... I'm happy whenever I see you happy. But we will be together once again... just wait."

Then suddenly, a dark silver R32 arrives and stops in front of Shiro. Getting out of the car is Samui.

Shiro: "Shinigami R32, eh?"

Samui: "Ahahahahaha! I bought it from Takanori for 5 million, which is kinda ridiculous if you ask me. But the car's performance justifies the price. So, shall we have a drive?"

Shiro: "Great idea. The train station is a bit far from here, and... there's some place in the car to hang my jacket. I'm in."

He gets in and hangs the jacket at the back of the car. After strapping in, they set off and head to a mountain pass where Samui uses to train.

9930650746_253d454a5c_c.jpg

Samui: "Just like in the anime, this car has 660 horsepower. Takanori tuned this to be his weekend warrior, until he bought the R33 GT-R LM. This shall be my touge car."

Shiro: "Hmmmm... won't the power be too much on the downhill?"

Samui puts the GT-R's handling to the test.

9930650456_90112f4976_c.jpg

Samui: "Impressive... this car turns. Takanori claimed that he tuned this GT-R to have minimal understeer."

9930635715_4bb1664672_c.jpg

Shiro: "Just don't go doing that DEADLY SIDE PRESS, okay?"

Samui: "Ahahahahaha! I won't, Senpai! I won't!"

9930649886_8ea8d5fbc5_c.jpg

Shiro: "So, are you ready for Super GT next week? It's time for you to shine."

Samui: "Very much ready, Senpai. I'm excited, actually."

9930773243_33cb47b518_c.jpg

Shiro: "That's what I want to hear... the Samui Kanonji that was my partner in tennis. A confident and optimistic partner."

At evening, Shiro arrives home. Then he decides to buy take out food from a restaurant nearby. As he is about to enter the restaurant, he sees a bright green Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A stopped by. Exiting the car is Rob, who sold his Evo 6 in favor of the FD with a purpose.

9930634955_bfe8a91bfa_c.jpg

Rob: "So there you are. I'm about to buy food from that place too."

9930634165_172f7813ed_c.jpg

Shiro: "I've seen you before... you're Rob Hatch, right? A member of Dream Alliance as well."

Rob: "Correct. Actually, I want to see you because someone is looking for you."

Shiro: "Who?"

Rob: "Some Korean guy named Hwang just entered the touge street racing scene a while ago. I was the first one he saw, and he is looking for you."

Shiro: "Hwang? What does that person want from me? I don't even know him..."

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have decided to forego with DTM and instead focus once again on Super GT.

- You can guess what Rob's intentions are when he bought the FD. ;)

3.jpg

And here's the inspiration behind Rob's FD. :sly:

Last edited:
Page 2 - Track Date

It's a sunny Saturday, and Shiro is strolling around Ginza for window shopping. After trying out some new shoes in a store, he goes to the other and looks for a necktie. Having not found the one that suits his taste, he goes to the other shop across the street, and browses for a pair of sunglasses this time. He picked the one found in the catalog, but it's out of stock.

Having bought nothing at all, Shiro breathes out a sigh. He once again sets his eyes on Kasumi's fashion design house, and upon crossing the street, he notices a red Supra parking in front of it.

9949857763_e16287a8ae_c.jpg

Shiro: "A Supra?"

Then coming out from the establishment is Kasumi, who is about to enter the car.

Kasumi: "Toshiro-san!"

Shiro: "Kasumi. Oh you own that car?"

Kasumi: "Of course! I'm taking it out for a track day. Don't worry, I know how to drive stick! I was taught by a friend on how to drive this thing fast as well."

Shiro: "How about your son?"

Kasumi: "He's in a daycare center right now. I need to let off steam once for a while, you know? Anyway, do you want to come, if you won't mind? I'm rather lonely for today..."

Shiro: "Sure..."

The two head to Ibaraki Circuit. On the way..

Shiro: "Why did you buy this car?"

Kasumi: "To remind me of someone I loved.... who truly returned my feelings despite what happened back then. He used to own the same car, albeit in racing form. He died years ago..."

Shiro: "I see."

Kasumi: "It sounds ridiculous, to a degree, but I just want to remember him this way."

Shiro: "You know, one buys a car because that person wants to go places, or there's finally a sense of freedom you have. You'll end up very sad if you keep on looking at the past through this car."

Kasumi: "I know... but..."

When they arrive at the Ibaraki Circuit, it's an open track day, and Shiro sees that Kasumi is rather hesitant.

Shiro: "Are you okay?"

Kasumi: "It's my first time... ehehehehe..."

Shiro: "You know, how about I do the driving? I'll teach you how to tear up the track."

Kasumi: "You race too?"

Shiro: "I will be racing in the upcoming Super GT round; so, yeah. Don't worry, it won't be scary."

The two enter the car, with Shiro behind the wheel. He puts in first gear and they set off.

9949745906_59dc8260bd_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Those cars look very fast. I don't mind if we lag behind, for the purpose of teaching me, of course."

Shiro: "That's where you're wrong, Kasumi. This car can take on the likes of them."

He buries the accelerator further, the boost comes up immensely, pushing Kasumi back on to her seat.

Shiro: "The Supra has immense amount of torque in stock form, eclipsing even the more powerful GT cars."

At the corner exit, Shiro takes advantage of the bottom-end torque thrust that the Supra is known for, allowing him to catch up to something more powerful, such as the Camaro SS.

9949749934_c36eb4d5ba_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Those hand movements... remind me of him too."

Shiro: "Really?"

Shiro does make Kasumi remind of his old self, performing lightning-fast downshifts and godlike reflexes.

9949855483_6aec41be56_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Amazing... even I can't do heel-and-toe that fast!"

9949855003_4204ba7d1e_c.jpg

Shiro: "Be lucky that you were able to buy the twin turbo RZ version. Also, Supras have good handling too, to cope up with the behemoth engine under the hood."

Kasumi: "Wow, you overtook many cars in one sweep?"

9949748984_2761bb0b6e_c.jpg

Shiro: "Don't show fear. Fear and hesitation can cost a lot in the race. If you can overtake the other car, do it. Take the opportunity."

9949749084_9ae257a217_c.jpg

Shiro: "Someday, once you got the basics, you'll find track days very fun."

Suddenly, Kasumi puts her hand on Shiro's hand as the latter changes gear.

Shiro: "Huh?"

Kasumi: "Oh sorry... That person... that man. He and I shifted gears together..."

Shiro: "I see. Don't let go if that's how you feel."

Shiro catches up at an Aston Martin DB9. Kasumi takes off her hand on Shiro's hand.

9949725365_84bfd41a35_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Such a nice car in front of us."

Shiro: "Put pressure behind the opponent, and then..."

Shiro demonstrates his trademark racing maneuver, a tap at the opponent's rear end.

9949747534_da7f9d530b_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Watch it!"

He puts up a grin.

Shiro: "...challenge him."

Using the Supra RZ's incredible 46 kilos of torque, which is even more than the R34 GT-R, he overtakes the rather sluggish DB9 at the uphill corner.

9949853153_93a6e75b45_c.jpg

Then he lets the car slide.

9949852573_dddf4b8fbe_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Drifting..."

Shiro: "And provoke your opponent as well. That increases the fun factor."

9949746044_d57de8602f_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Wow! You're really amazing! I will definitely watch your race! I have learned something useful for today!"

After that brief session, they return to Tokyo. Kasumi blushes upon seeing Shiro about to leave.

9949857763_e16287a8ae_c.jpg

Kasumi: "Oh, thank you for the company! I couldn't have accomplished anything for today if it wasn't for you."

Shiro: "Don't mention it. What's more important is that you are always happy with what you're doing. Just do it for the man you love, even if he's gone. I'm sure he wants you to live on happy life."

Kasumi: "That's what he exactly said before we part ways. He said that when he is about to join his team, and then after he died."

Shiro: "That just goes to show how much he loves you."

Shiro looks at his watch.

Shiro: "I think I need to be going. It was fun. See you again. Congratulations on your new car."

Kasumi: "See you again too. And I'll watch Super GT as well. Thank you very much for today!"

Walking away, Shiro smiles as he looks at Kasumi driving away.

Shiro: "I love you, Kasumi... I love you..."

Time: 9 pm

8409823483_1a3300bb85_c.jpg

Sayuki and Clinton are discussing matters, until Shiro arrives.

Shiro: "You called me up today. So, is there a new mission?"

Clinton: "That's right. There is a man currently being searched by the Korean authorities. They say that he is here."

Shiro: "Who?"

Sayuki presses a button on a remote, showing a dossier of the man in question on the big screen.

Clinton: "Hwang Hye-ji. He's one of South Korea's most wanted persons. He is facing charges of illegal gambling, extortion, murder, and kidnapping. He's also being hunted down by the syndicate he once belonged to."

Sayuki: "That syndicate is also a thorn in our mission. That syndicate has both Korean and Japanese members. Their bases are in Tokyo, Seoul, and in Busan. That group is known for extorting lots of money, especially in casinos and other gambling houses."

Shiro remembers what Rob told him the other night.

Shiro: "Hwang... that person is looking for me as well."

Sayuki: "Oh... I guess it's time for you to know."

Clinton: "Nobuhiko, Toshiro Chouji was a member of that syndicate."

Shiro gasps at that revelation.

Shiro: "What!? Really!? And, wait a minute, why is our division handling this?"

Sayuki: "And with that, it's perfect to go undercover. Go to the bottom of this. Reunite with him and find out about his plans.

You are currently one of our top agents in the entire CIA. And even the others are surprised that someone from the Sports and Recreation division made it to the top. Your martial arts skills and your speed are among the reasons why. To think you were able to take down an entire syndicate with your bare hands on your very first mission."

End of Page 2

Last edited:
Another real-life race car driver will appear soon. He plays just a cameo role, and he has a connection with ShiroNobu.

He drives a souped-up Supra RZ painted in blue.

Can anyone guess who he is?

I'd like to point some things coming for the CIA in Japan..

Ginoa: "Clinton's blood is getting sweeter, and I can't wait for a taste, or a bowl full of it."

Gary: "Hehe.. That's old school, Ginnie. Alright, yo. Last night, I had one of my boys sneak around in their agency. Needless to say, he's done a splendid job, getting in and out."

Clashing imminent. Great page.

Page 3 - Suspicion

Friday night, Shiro enters the convenience store he once worked in. He briefly chats with his former co-workers, and purchases snacks he could probably eat at midnight, should he get hungry.

As he got out, he is greeted by the sight of Hwang. The man approaches him happily.

Hwang: "Toshiro! It's been a while! I'm... glad that you're okay."

Pretending to be friends with him, Shiro immediately strikes a question.

Shiro: "Hwang... what have you been up to lately? I've heard you've escaped from Korea."

Hwang: "Our group wants me dead. Along with that, the police wants me behind bars. I want to start a new one, and with them thinking that you're dead, I think we can be perfect partners to start our own organization."

Shiro: "I'm bored right now. So yeah, I'm in. What's the plan?"

Hwang: "Let's start the 1st phase, shall we? We need to reclaim our base here in Tokyo. That stingy old man forcibly took it away from the group after the members failed to pay for the mortgage. It's fun pretending to be a pachinko house for our operations, you know? I will do it first the peaceful way, as I'll talk to him out of it."

Shiro: "And what if he doesn't allow it?"

Hwang takes out his gun and puts bullets in its magazine.

Hwang: "Then I'll do it by force."

Shiro: "Who's that old man?"

Hwang: "I won't be surprised if you've forgotten him. Ironic, because you are the one talking to him most of the time. He's...

...Hiroyuki Hiramoto. He's a big shot real estate businessman now."

The next day, just a week before the 2nd round of Super GT, Shiro is doing practice runs in Fuji Speedway, however, knowing that his father's life is in danger, he can't help but feel uneasy.

9980659734_040cbb9d3a_c.jpg

Shiro: "Dammit... What should I do!? Just as I'm going to commence my comeback in Super GT, Oyaji's life is in danger!"

9980634825_059ed2331c_c.jpg

Shiro: "I'm not gonna allow a single scratch to harm Oyaji! I'll gamble my life if that's what I have to do!"

9980768153_f24fafe0c6_c.jpg

Shiro: "The car's downforce levels are great. Perfect for this track. I'm happy with the settings right now. I think I'll recommend it."

9980634475_463d47746b_c.jpg

Shiro: "But I cannot rest easy... with the Super GT and my family's life in danger, it's so tense!

9980633765_f8b6555596_c.jpg

Shiro: "My family's safety is top priority! But I cannot give up Super GT either... Damn! I'll definitely watch over my family... besides, I miss that home..."

He returns to the pit garage and gets out of his car.

Samui: "What's wrong, Senpai?"

Shiro: "Ummmm.... I think the spring rates must be adjusted."

Suddenly, he sees a rather familiar car passing by the main straight.

9980657304_d7e3ede16e_c.jpg

Shiro: "Heh... that's a familiar face. I won't be surprised if he races in the current season."

9980657194_291d664a80_c.jpg

The souped-up Supra heads out of the track and goes back to Tokyo. As a detour, though, it heads up to a mountain pass.

9980765553_73724735d9_c.jpg

Just like the others, that Supra has lots of power and torque, more than a GT500 racing car. 600 horsepower is very easy in a 2JZ-GTE motor, and the engine in question even has stock internals. Only the exhaust system, ECU, and air filters are installed. The highlight of the power increase is a mid-range RPM turbo kit installed. The chassis, of course, is tuned to cope up with the power. Surprisingly, the owner drives the car everyday.

The owner of the car is no other than...

9980631345_ea587ae3a8_c.jpg

Manabu Orido: "That Supra back there... I know only one person who drives it. But why a different person drives it? Did Hiroyuki-san sold the car? Nobuhiko-kun loved it so much... I taught him every single detail about the Supra.

Something big will happen in Super GT. I can feel it!"

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Here's Manabu Orido's Supra:

Hey.. there's more crossover opportunities. It so happens that Gary and Ginoa live by the same neighborhood. I won't force you to use them, but just letting you know.

Great page. That Hwang man is trouble from the start.

Page 4 - The Start

After the testing, worrying about his parents' safety, Shiro goes to his parents' home in Shibuya, Tokyo at night. Upon arriving, he sees his mother sorting potted plants, until one of them is about to fall.

At a single moment, Shiro rushes to catch the pot. He offers to sort the pots. He also has an eye for detail as well, making sure that the pots are aligned well, something he used to check in his past life.

Kyoko: "Thank you very much. You remind me of my late son..."

Shiro: "There you go. I'm sure they won't fall off next time. And nice marigolds you grow there... they're pretty tough to maintain, if you ask me."

Kyoko: "My late son taught me to grow those, and I'm trying my best to keep them alive. I am growing them to remind me of him..."

Shiro: "I see. That's nice. Well, I guess I gotta go, then..."

Then Hiroyuki arrives home, and wonders who the visitor is.

Hiroyuki: "Kyoko, is he your visitor?"

Kyoko: "He just passed by and then one of the pots fell off and he caught it easily."

Hiroyuki: "What's your name?"

Shiro: "Hajimemashte, my name is Toshiro Chouji. Pleased to meet you."

He bows as a sign of courtesy.

Hiroyuki: "Hiroyuki Hiramoto. Pleased to meet you too. Thank you for helping my wife."

Shiro: "Oh, don't thank me..."

Hiroyuki: "Even the smallest deed deserves a gratitude."

Shiro remembers that statement... It is something that Hiroyuki told him when he was a child.

Shiro: "You're right... so, you're welcome, then. I have to go now. Please enjoy the rest of the evening."

Shiro leaves the couple, in a very happy, yet teary mood. He stops by at a corner and watches them from a distance. He wipes off his continuous stream of tears.

Shiro: "I'm glad... I'm glad to see you again... Oyaji... Okaasan... At least you're talking to each other again. That's more than enough for me to be happy.

I'm not gonna allow Hwang to lay his finger on you. I will make your nights peaceful... I will make your days safe. No matter what, I'll lay down my life to protect my family!"

A week has passed, and the 2nd round of Super GT begins. A large audience is to be expected, and it is. The bleachers are immediately filled, and at the other side, at the pit lane, the cars are being prepped as well.

Samui: "You're ready for this, Senpai?"

Shiro: "This is just the start. People will slowly realize what's going on. Super GTs are boring without me, and I'll make sure of it."

Samui: "That Keith guy, is tough. He has the pole position, and the HSV-010 GT is one serious machine!"

Shiro: "Then that would be interesting. Someone I can "tap" with."

And the cars lined up for the rolling start.

9999366835_48493cff70_c.jpg

Shiro: "I missed messing around with you, guys. Super GT rocks..."

When the light showed green, Shiro goes for it. He attacks each and every opponent, without any trace of hesitation.

9999498973_fb5d474ebe_c.jpg

Shiro: "You sorely missed me, aren't you?"

Samui contacts Shiro via the radio system.

Samui: "Senpai, Keith's HSV displays unbelievable speed."

Shiro: "He'd better be. He has yet to realize how ferocious Super GT drivers are, so he must not ease up."

9999498413_3084a713b9_c.jpg

Shiro: "All right... after I'm done with this GT-R, I'll catch you. Let's play tag. I wonder how's Daisuke doing right now..."

He overtakes the GT-R and then the Supra displays impressive speed through the next lap, in order to catch Keith. The audience are amazed at the Supra's speed.

9999427936_936a102880_c.jpg

Keith: "I hate being lonely. I'll ease up. Hey, let's play, Shiro-san! I am always eager to duel with you!"

Keith eases up his pace. Samui observes this and contacts Shiro.

Samui: "Senpai, the HSV decreases its pace. I think Keith is waiting."

Shiro: "Really? That's a no-no in Super GT. I'll make him regret it."

Catching up to Keith at the 3rd lap, Shiro gives a good look at his rival.

9999497183_b35a47fde4_c.jpg

Shiro: "Don't you ever dare wait for me. You had a great lead, why not use that opportunity? Just like what Big Nobu said, Super GT is a shark-infested ocean. Your opponents are like sharks chasing after their prey."

Seeing that Shiro's Supra is already behind him, Keith goes on full throttle.

Keith: "Alrighty, then... Let's go!!!"

The HSV shows its impressive response from the corner exits.

9999369404_dbeb6375d0_c.jpg

Shiro: "The merit of a naturally-aspirated engine, instant response at the step of the pedal."

9999427496_e964eef484_c.jpg

The audience hold on to their seats as they see an exciting duel of Super GT cars from contrasting eras. Shiro lines up behind Keith at slipstream.

9999426136_c863ac4195_c.jpg

Shiro: "Okay Keith, this is just a glimpse of the GT500 Legend! Don't take your eyes off!"

Shiro applies his signature maneuver.

9999363335_1f85a3cd3f_c.jpg

Keith: "What the!?"

9999367444_a9f89d9fd7_c.jpg

Keith: "Having contact with other cars is normal, but that tap a while back... it's different!!! It's like a sign... that he wants to battle me. And even a provocation."

Keith's HSV opens wide as it understeers the high speed corner before the hairpin.

9999494693_83531e9e85_c.jpg

Keith: "Dammit.... too much speed! That Supra is just flying!"

Shiro: "Don't take your eyes off me now. Try keeping up..."

Shiro steps on the accelerator hard at the exit of the hairpin.

9999424856_cc045ebfb9_c.jpg

Shiro: "...if you can."

Keith: "Unreal... that speed! That Supra blasted away after the hairpin!"

9999360965_3e2c5f582d_c.jpg

Shiro: "I hope I put up a good show for you. You just had a glimpse on how The Legend does it. But there's more to come..."

9999493103_7321d669d8_c.jpg

Shiro wins the 2nd round, and his victory immediately became the talk of the town, and as for Keith, his suspicion suddenly aroused.

Keith: "What that Supra did today... reminded me of Jake's story about the GT500 Legend... The livery... matches the one from his story."

End of Page 4

Back