Formula One Championship Edition (PS3)

• Thread starter joe8
  • 363 comments
Actually, having gone and looked at other shots on IGN, the car models are identicle, down to the textures and quality.

Honestly, the only thing I can think of this is that it's from a replay vid, as the motion blur is too excessive. Either that, or perhaps this game will feature some sort of "Photomode" (which is becoming all too common...so much for "useless" like everyone thought huh?).

Definately not in game, but those are definately the in game models for F1. I'm leaning toward replay / photomode.

Exenter, Thanks for that 720p vid. Much nicer then the low rez one i had. Is it just me.. or are the sounds in that vid absolutley awsome? And by awesome i mean.. they are actually good, realistic F1 sounds.. FOR ONCE!~!! I'm just hopeing that thats not a pre-rendered vid/sound. And its actual game play. hte physics looks a bit dodgy when the car crashes but otherwise it looks awesome. specially the clips around Monaco. very nice.

some new screens:

928392_20061019_screen002.jpg

928392_20061019_screen001.jpg

I think it looks better than Gran Turismo HD

Gamespot has just announced that this game WILL be available as a NA release. WOOT!

Release date wasn't announced, but they said in early 2007. That's awesome. I haven't played an F1 game in such a long time. I think it's no question I'll get this one.

I think it looks better than Gran Turismo HD
It is a little closer to release than Gran Turismo HD too, but it does look wonderful. I think racing on PS3 is going to surpass anything on the PC for a while, but that's generally true of every genre in a generational console shift. I think the fun, entertaining games are always better on consoles. My console to PC game ratio is close to 50 to 1. Ther are just no equivalents to many games on PC such as Lair, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, and Gran Turismo. Crysis does look tantalizing, but there's just no way it's worth it to spend the $2000 PLUS it would take to run it with full effects in anything more than 1024x768. And with all the headaches I went through with GTR and Live For Speed, I've sworn off PC racing forever. Windows is still just too not-plug and play, and Vista doesn't interest me in the least.

Games like Formula 1, Gran Turismo, Colin McRae Dirt, Sega Rally Revo and many other games will keep me happy for the forseeable future on PS3. The Playstation 3 is my computer upgrade.

ive never played an f1 game but i might get this one if it includes things like you can change the downforce of certain parts on the cars seperatley and other such things like in real life

For those of you aching for a F1 game but don't have a PS3 or want something realistic, check this out.

rFactor - CDTP 2005 F1 mod

Been playing it with my Logitech G25 all day today. It's absolutely amazing. If you have a nice PC as well, it runs really well. I've been playing it at 1920x1200 with everything at maximum.

Or get GP4 and download the 2005 or even 2006 mods which are of outstanding quality (more so than CTDP).

Or get GP4 and download the 2005 or even 2006 mods which are of outstanding quality (more so than CTDP).
I already have them and let me tell you that CTDP for rFactor is just as good if not better than high quality mods such as Karan's 2005 mod with high resolution textures and so on.

I just think that as an out and out F1 game GP4 gets the job done.

(Though i cant really comment seeing as though i dont even have GP4! It just looks better:D)

The video I seen at Wal-Mart had a video of this game. The visuals do look quite amazing. I think the video portion I liked best was the view of the track under rainy weather. It looked very impressive. The rest of the game has plenty of great detail itself. The difference between the E3 model and this retail model look radically different. I don't think most of the other tracks looked any more impressive than in this game. For a guy that doesn't watch too much F1 racing anymore, this game is a winner. All I need to do now is play it as a demo (if available) at a store or electronics section.

Back