Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2011

Tough luck for Hammie, but a well deserved penalty... That was a dangerous move... Impatient. But in the end, it was a poor, over-reaching strategic decision by McLaren that left him out there on shredded option tires... And it was another poor decision that put him back out on intermediates... If only one of those two had happened, he would still have a podium.

Hamilton past Massa... If he can take Webber, being on fresher tires... He can still gain some points from this. Alonso has played slip-n-slide, so maybe Hammie and Webber have a chance of catching him up... Maybe.

Vettel is catching Button... Can the Brit defend?

Revenge for Canada?

At this point... the gap between them has stabilized... I don't see anything happening... But if Vettel can catch and pass, that would be a fantastic piece of work.

Edit: with a nine second gap, not bloody likely.

This race needed a clear mind and those that had have come out best, Button and Vettel. Those that lost the plot Hamilton and less so Webber down the places.

At this point... the gap between them has stabilized... I don't see anything happening... But if Vettel can catch and pass, that would be a fantastic piece of work.

Edit: with a nine second gap, not bloody likely.

Yep, although hats off to both Button and Vettel for getting the strategy bang-on.

So... wasn't the best race of the year, but am I happy that Button won that? Why yes, yes I am. Patient driving. Good tire conservation. Good pace. Good strategy. Not great for stopping the Vettel points train, but good for the team, and good spectacle.

Vettel was never going to win this. Let's be honest. The moment it started raining, that was it for the RBR. Good job recovering from all that.

Great work for Alonso, but I think he should've been higher up on pace alone... Hamilton did good to recover that place from Webber... but what a waste of a sure victory. McLren and Hamilton really need to pull it together.

Aaaaand...nobody else matters, except DiResta. Good job, man.

Still... Not the best race... I'd put it third or fourth this year... They should sell the highlight reels of this season on DVD. I'd definitely buy it. :D

Great win for Button 👍

More bad news for the pack chasing Vettel, though...

Hamilton could have won, but he made three big mistakes - tyre choice, a spin, and the (avoidable) penalty

Di Resta - :bowdown: Great result!!

Button - Great race, clear mind, no drama, deserved win.
Vettel - Consistent, no silly mistakes, kept it on the track, very handy points haul.
Alonso - One or two moments, took advantage of hamilton and webbers pit strategy.
Hamilton - Facepalm
Webber - Didnt know to stick or twist at key points.

And a 👍 for Di Resta.

Good race, its going to be a long month until the next one!

Well, 8 races left and and 85 point gap. Title race is over, but as long as the racing continues to be like this, one can't argue.

Button may have won, but my driver of the day - Di Resta 👍 Nice tidy drive for 7th.

So... wasn't the best race of the year, but am I happy that Button won that? Why yes, yes I am. Patient driving. Good tire conservation. Good pace. Good strategy. Not great for stopping the Vettel points train, but good for the team, and good spectacle.

Vettel was never going to win this. Let's be honest. The moment it started raining, that was it for the RBR. Good job recovering from all that.

Great work for Alonso, but I think he should've been higher up on pace alone... Hamilton did good to recover that place from Webber... but what a waste of a sure victory. McLren and Hamilton really need to pull it together.

Aaaaand...nobody else matters, except DiResta. Good job, man.

Still... Not the best race... I'd put it third or fourth this year... They should sell the highlight reels of this season on DVD. I'd definitely buy it. :D

Like your ever returning sum-ups. 👍

1st: Jeson Button 1:46:42:337
2nd: Sebastian Vettel +3.588
3rd: Fernando Alonso +19.819
4th: Lewis Hamilton +48.338
5th: Mark Webber +49.742
6th: Felipe Massa +1:23.176
7th: Paul di Resta +1 Lap
8th: Sébastien Buemi +1 Lap
9th: Nico Rosberg +1 Lap
10th: Jaime Alguersuari +1 Lap

If Jenson starts to cry, I think I will, too... Look at him... you know he will...

Back