fortbo's Audi A6 4.2 Quattro

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 100 comments
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
Right, so this is my first car. I had to get an Audi because it's the truth in engineering(obviously). It drives great, has plenty of power, has a 0-60 of around 5 seconds, and looks great in my opinion. I also got it for only $2,000. So far the only modifications I have done are new performance brakes with pads and calipers and an exhaust delete with duel Monza tips. I already have some KMC 19 inch wheels ordered for it, and I'm planning on painting my calipers yellow sometime today. I'm also planning on getting an RS6 style spoiler, but slightly bigger, an RS6 rear bumper and an RS6 front grill. Some other perdormance parts I'm planning on getting are KW coilover shocks, new sway bars, and possibly a turbo. I'll be sure to you guys updated on my progress, and I'll post some pics of how the calipers turned out tonight.
Here's how it looks right now:
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
What colour is that? From the second picture it looks like a pearly beige or something. I don't think I've seen that colour before.

image-jpg.428389
These are the wheels I wil be getting. Let me know what you think of them!

Last edited:
Very cool first car mate! I like those wheels, the design is nice and the black should really compliment the colour of the car and calipers 👍

Awesome first car man! looks mint with the black wheels too. Does it have any used car issues, or mechanical kinks? 2 grand seems too good to be true! :cheers:

Awesome first car man! looks mint with the black wheels too. Does it have any used car issues, or mechanical kinks? 2 grand seems too good to be true! :cheers:
Only a vacuum hose issue, but that's it, it's great because it was easy to fix, and cheap. The reason I got it for 2,000 was the guy that I got it from didn't know much about cars and just saw the check engine light and freaked out knowing how much Audi repairs are usually. I can also put a lot more money into performance parts that will turn this thing into even more of a beast!

If the engine is running strong without noticeable oil burning, I'd keep it stock as these engines are known to go out with a blue cloud.

If the engine is running strong without noticeable oil burning, I'd keep it stock as these engines are known to go out with a blue cloud.
The engine is great, most of the mods I'm going to do have to do with the handling of the car, the only thing Im just getting a ECU chip for the engine soon, if it runs great after a few years, then I might do more to it. But right now, I'm focusing more on stuff like better suspension.

Happy wrenching... Set aside some money from your mod budget to the maintenance budget you should have :D

Last edited:
Congrats on the first car. I like the black wheels. You could use your silver wheels for winter. Especially if you wrap them in snow tires since you live in Chicago. Should be a really good winter and summer vehicle.

Congrats on the first car. I like the black wheels. You could use your silver wheels for winter. Especially if you wrap them in snow tires since you live in Chicago. Should be a really good winter and summer vehicle.
The other wheels were bent knockoffs lol. And I'm not buying more wheels either.

Clean bro! How did you do it? At first i thought you were just going to plasti-dip but It seems you are at a paint shop so I'm guessing it just took a couple coats of matt black paint. Either way it looks awesome! :D:tup:

Clean bro! How did you do it? At first i thought you were just going to plasti-dip but It seems you are at a paint shop so I'm guessing it just took a couple coats of matt black paint. Either way it looks awesome! :D:tup:
This is plastidip, but we have a paint booth at our shop with professional plastidip equipment, it works much better than a spray can would. This is just temporary, I'm going to paint it pearl gloss black in two weeks. I just wanted to make sure I liked the look of it first. Everywhere that is chrome or silver will be painted black also.

Ok guys, I need your opinion. Should I do twin turbos or a supercharger? Twin turbos would get me to around 600 horse power, but I would have to get the kit custom made for me, the supercharger is more expensive, but it's a direct bolt on part and makes around 415 horsepower.

Also as an update, I now have Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 tires which are max performance summer tires with tire lettering. Here are some more updated pics:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's how the coilovers have held up so far:
image.jpeg

Some pics from my recent Autocross at Road America:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And finally the design I'm doing to my car this spring:
image.jpeg

Stay tuned, I've got some big things planned for this car very soon...

Back