fortbo's Audi A6 4.2 Quattro

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 100 comments
Car is looking better each time I visit this thread. I really like the stance. Must have been a blast going to an autocross in the snow. Especially since you were able to go to Road America. đź‘Ť

So I've come to the conclusion after talking with a few local experts that doing twin turbos with a custom setup would be better than a bolt on supercharger. Planning on putting out around 600-650 HP after I beef up the tranny and the engine. I know I could just buy an RS6 and call it a day, but something in me wants to make a monster A6 4.2 that will eat sports cars for breakfast. Planning on getting up the funds this summer and starting the build this fall so stay tuned for updates.

650HP would make that Audi a freaking weapon! I take it you're planning to do the camo design as a wrap or dip? It looks pretty nice but it'd probably hurt resale to have it permanent.

It's unbelievable how fast you're moving on this car, looking at a TT conversion just 6 months after getting it! You mentioned this is your first car, had you done much driving prior to getting it?

I'm definitely looking forward to the build, good luck mate đź‘Ť

650HP would make that Audi a freaking weapon! I take it you're planning to do the camo design as a wrap or dip? It looks pretty nice but it'd probably hurt resale to have it permanent.

It's unbelievable how fast you're moving on this car, looking at a TT conversion just 6 months after getting it! You mentioned this is your first car, had you done much driving prior to getting it?

I'm definitely looking forward to the build, good luck mate đź‘Ť
Not really, just in GT...:lol: And the camo design will be a dip job, so it won't be permanent. However, I'm not planning on selling this car. đź‘Ť

Not really, just in GT...:lol: And the camo design will be a dip job, so it won't be permanent. However, I'm not planning on selling this car. đź‘Ť
650BHP is a lot for someone that's only just started driving, but if you're careful I'm sure you'll be fine. Just remember, there's no restart button! :lol:

All good, just making sure you don't end up shooting yourself in the foot. Most people say they'll never sell their project car but circumstances change and it's best to play it safe. Who knows, you could end up with a kid and a wife in the next couple years! Those two things don't go to well with 650HP Audi :lol:

650BHP is a lot for someone that's only just started driving, but if you're careful I'm sure you'll be fine. Just remember, there's no restart button! :lol:

All good, just making sure you don't end up shooting yourself in the foot. Most people say they'll never sell their project car but circumstances change and it's best to play it safe. Who knows, you could end up with a kid and a wife in the next couple years! Those two things don't go to well with 650HP Audi :lol:
I mean, it is a sedan...it could work.:lol:

image.jpg
Finally put on a new COTA decal after the old one started peeling.

image.jpeg
Alright, what do you guys think of this design, I had to peel it off because it didn't dry quite right, but what do you think of the overall design before I repaint it.

image.png
I'm doing an adaptation of this design before I do the full camo design that I have on the page before. So far I have the front portion finished.

The avant just looks so much better... Sorry, but I can't lie. US really needs them.
I mean, I like the avant and I agree that the US needs them, but the C5 sedans are one of my favorite Audi designs in my opinion. I just really like the wide stance with the wide body fenders that it has.

I mean, I like the avant and I agree that the US needs them, but the C5 sedans are one of my favorite Audi designs in my opinion. I just really like the wide stance with the wide body fenders that it has.
The stance of them does look good, however it just looks unfinished... Sorta like my Taurus, as in the back was just curved out to the bottom.

The C7 is my absolutely favorite look however on the avants. RS6>RS7>S100

The stance of them does look good, however it just looks unfinished... Sorta like my Taurus, as in the back was just curved out to the bottom.

The C7 is my absolutely favorite look however on the avants. RS6>RS7>S100
Yeah, but I'd rather have the sedan anyway for the stuff that I do with this car. (Autocross, track days ect.)

Good news, I'm getting rid of the plastic canards soon and I'm making some carbon fiber canards. I never planned on having the plastic ones on long term anyway.

Did you notice any difference with them on? My little carbon ones were too small to make a difference besides adding drag.
Most passenger cars simply don't travel at the speeds necessary to see any benefit from having them.

I understand that. Even at track speeds I never noticed any difference.
Indeed, mostly because the body of the car is not optimized to utilize those sorts of things. To really make effect of canards, you'd need a flat floor, front splitter, racing suspension and slicks in my opinion.

Otherwise they're purely a cosmetic add-on that mostly just add drag.

You're not going to notice a difference in a straight line either. Only in turns, and you'd measure by spring/strut compression.

The only way to do that is have a PSI monitor or have high-speed pictures.

Did you notice any difference with them on? My little carbon ones were too small to make a difference besides adding drag.
I haven't been to the track yet this year to find out, honestly I don't think they will do much, but I'd be happy even with the smallest amount of a difference. What I do think will help more is when I get a front splitter on there.

Planning on getting some HR fully adjustable sway bars soon to stiffen things up even more. I should be ordering them within the next few weeks.

So I'm debating on either doing twin turbos this fall/winter or a full manual conversion which would help me use the power that I already have more effectively. Doing twin turbos would cost more but would give me much more power but it would still have to go through the Tiptronic shifting system. What do you guys think I should do?

Back