FORZ4RAMICS™ by D3FECT | STUDIOS™ - Porsche Expansion Pack!

• Thread starter D3FCTV
  • 14 comments
Australia
Victoria
D3FCTV
D3FCTV

6799646362_03f58b71e2_b.jpg

7299178326_589671ba3e_c.jpg

For larger & downloadable images visit the FLICKR set @
http://www.flickr.com/photos/d3fect_studios/sets/72157629951408974/

Check out where Forzaramics all started @
http://ozfm.darkbb.com/t2069-forzaramics-forza-3

Learn how easy it is to create your own FRs @
http://ozfm.darkbb.com/t2155-a-forzaramic-tutorial#43739
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 30TH MAY 2012

Created to go with the Porsche Expansion Pack Dedication Video also by D3FECT | STUDIOS™

CHECK IT OUT HERE:

-----------------------------------------
7294587606_d1d2a75ba0_c.jpg

7294568490_0619bc6e06_c.jpg

7294558226_d27a86f806_c.jpg

7294545286_7541abfdbe_c.jpg

7294531076_8a3850a3c5_c.jpg

7294522396_94dc0f0d5f_c.jpg

7294505178_d11af01299_c.jpg

7294485780_8ccf3685aa_c.jpg

7294469696_98fb9e12fb_c.jpg

7294463014_609dff0f83_c.jpg

7294457164_2f3e557ca4_c.jpg

7294442164_a34a76e65d_c.jpg

7294431114_d19666cde0_c.jpg

7294420952_d5eef0ebe2_c.jpg

6799646362_03f58b71e2_b.jpg

7299178326_589671ba3e_c.jpg

While the scenery photos are nice, the photos of the cars are far to cropped to get anything about the photo. Yes they look artistic, but im not really feeling the lack of a subject. The one i like is the Bugatti, only one that has some real depth to it.

They seem more like forum signatures to be honest.

Hey, thanks heaps for the constructive criticism @ImaRobot and the other comments from artboy76 & ISO.7.Studios. First time in a long time any1 has actually said anything good towards my work.

As for those latest FRs I've put up, the 3 shots of the Country Squire that are quite close up and cropped were mainly tests. I wasn't happy with alot of those shots but had to work with them because the creation process that goes into FRs is quite tedious and I just don't have the time so just make do with what I can. I actually threw out 2 extra shots that just didn't work.

In my personal opinion I quite like the colour shot of the Country Squire close up as I was going for that attention to detail in it's front grill and lights etc. It's also rich in colour along with lots of glossy detail and some glare which to me brings out the image but regardless not everyone is going to be that interested in an artistic form of this style of Forzatography.

Where Forzaramics™ does work a-lot is in shots like these

Forza 3
--------

6110617363_237582d465_b.jpg

These cars were taken in several shots by a replay given to me off a forum I'm currently on.

5983982968_cd973cf6dd_b.jpg

5900803800_507f30fc1b_b.jpg

5852517550_89c0ec054b_b.jpg

Personally my Forza 3 Forzaramics™ are much better due to the fact there is a hell of a-lot more and back then I did a-lot of heat of the moment shots with cars deep in the race. This time around I'm experimenting a-lot with Forza 4 due to the new lighting system and the improvement in the cars and environemnts. Bare with me and I'll have some FRs up that really do capture the great Panoramics style ;).

Thanks heaps for all your input though and please check out my other work on the Flickr pages. You don't realise how much I appriciate it. :D

Personally, the only photo I liked is the Alps landscape image. It lends well to that wide angle panoramic look. The rest of the images do not hold up to that one.
The extreme panoramic you are using can work really well if done properly. But a lot of your images leave a lot of empty space that becomes distracting in an otherwise good photo. And any distraction like that will cripple an image.

I would suggest watching your crops a little more carefully. And keep practicing. Continually shooting and sharpening your eye will greatly improve your project.

While a number of the shots could be cropped better I have to disagree with JJ72, as a good few of those could not be regular shots with the top and bottom cropped off.

The Aussie V8 shot is one such shot, you would end up with a totally different perspective if it was a single shot.

This has me in the mind to try a few myself.

Also as not everyone has Photoshop the following may be of use....

http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

....its a free photmerge tool developed by the University of BC and works very well, I actually use it in preference to the PS merge tool.

Scaff

Personally, the only photo I liked is the Alps landscape image. It lends well to that wide angle panoramic look. The rest of the images do not hold up to that one.
The extreme panoramic you are using can work really well if done properly. But a lot of your images leave a lot of empty space that becomes distracting in an otherwise good photo. And any distraction like that will cripple an image.

I would suggest watching your crops a little more carefully. And keep practicing. Continually shooting and sharpening your eye will greatly improve your project.

Fair call and thanks for your advice, i will do my best with the cropping side of things. However this is a 2 step process as you have to make sure you have enough room to crop out the FM4 logo when taking the shot as well as leaving enough room for the border for cropping in photoshop but it just doesn't work out sometimes due to the blending process not turning out the way you want it too.

I'm curious as to what you mean by the empty space becomes distracting? For instance: taking a panoramic of a car driving full pelt into a corner requires the shot to be taken from say - left to right, capturing the car entering or exiting the corner and then the rest of the road/ground surrounding it (being the empty space) but this is how the shot is meant to look. Isn't it?

most of them just look like a regular shot with the top and bottom chopped off.

Actually as Scaff said these being normal shots would have a completely different perspective.

For instance: My shot of the Veyron would not work the same taken as a normal shot as you would have to zoom out to achieve the full car and the background. This would create more foreground and extend the sides out. You couldn't get the real close up of the car along with the background in the distance unless you did it in the form that I've done it in.

While a number of the shots could be cropped better I have to disagree with JJ72, as a good few of those could not be regular shots with the top and bottom cropped off.

The Aussie V8 shot is one such shot, you would end up with a totally different perspective if it was a single shot.

This has me in the mind to try a few myself.

Also as not everyone has Photoshop the following may be of use....

http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/brown/autostitch/autostitch.html

....its a free photmerge tool developed by the University of BC and works very well, I actually use it in preference to the PS merge tool.

Scaff

Thanks man, I'll be looking into better crops but yer give it a try. The result can be really good and these type of images would look amazing as a poster or banner.

The Evo VI vs the 22B is superb. Nostalgia helps, as those two are my favourites of each respective range.

VXR
The Evo VI vs the 22B is superb. Nostalgia helps, as those two are my favourites of each respective range.

Thanks dude! That was an awesome battle between me and a mate in Forza 3. Watched the replay and got a few Pano's out of it. :D

I really like the orange GT2 wide angle shot, I can never get wide angle shots to stitch together properly.

Back