Forza 4 Demo Thread

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 1,080 comments
Oddly enough some of us have had a different experience.

A few others have had a similar experience too me too from what I read. I might try and do a direct capture with live gameplay and telemetry. The 458 is very stable and a bit dull to drive, like the Impreza. I noticed that the steering is very sensitive in some situations so it is more possible than Forza 3 to lose control going over bumps but still quite planted.

A few others have had a similar experience too me too from what I read. I might try and do a direct capture with live gameplay and telemetry. The 458 is very stable and a bit dull to drive, like the Impreza. I noticed that the steering is very sensitive in some situations so it is more possible than Forza 3 to lose control going over bumps but still quite planted.

Not sure why your experience would differ from ours. The 458 is extremely fun to drive. Granted, you spend quite a bit of time in 4th gear, but the wrong tap of the accelerator in exiting a turn, even in 4th will spin the car around. You can even feel in turn one the oversteer even from a non-rolling start.

ZR1Chris, I just did a 3 more laps with the 458, shaved off another 4 seconds, went from 1:34 to 1:30. I think I should be able to match your 1:28 in a few more laps. I need to shave off 1.733 seconds.

I noticed in the last lap I did against your ghost that you seemed to be going around the same AI that I was, which is odd. I haven't seen that before.

Hard to believe I am in the top 10% of the leaderboards. WOOT!!!!

For those who will be playing Forza 4 with a Fanatec wheel, the invasive, game-ruining steering assist from Forza 3 CANNOT be turned off, even with simulation steering. I've tested the demo thoroughly (got an early release code) and it's still non linear and constantly overcorrects and applies way more opposite lock than you're actually giving it. I don't know why they can't just give us DIRECT LINEAR STEERING. It also stops turning at 540 degrees even with the wheel set to 900. I feel kinda betrayed, and insulted. Do Turn 10 really think its customers are too stupid to drive a car without a big intrusive steering assist? I don't appreciate being lied to. They claimed simulation steering removed every assist but as you can see that's utterly false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXVDzyaSlmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTfJVHhdBgw

1. He is driving a 4WD
2. He uses automatic transition
3. Buying a Fanatec and does not shift by himself.... FAIL!

I played the demo at Gamescom and I could'nt do that with the Ferrari, or Cougar... I span out...

This video is ridiculous!

I haven't played in anything other than simulation mode. When I get the game, I will probably never see a mode other than simulation mode....unless I feel like having fun with friends and family in a Kinect Arcade mode.

The first mode I tried was normal, because I had no idea what simulation would feel like. I then thought it was to easy and switched to simulation, which is more fun.

I think it is the difference between the tracks. GT5 is much more accurate on the track. In Forza I'm going full throttle withh perfect traction out of corners which I know should not be possible. I think the lap times on Laguna Seca are probably faster than in real life but have not tried a comparison yet.

Yeah thats a huge problem in FM 3 and 4 :indiff:

Even though they said the physics will be the best on the market, it still is a mix of sim/arcade (for me).

Yeah thats a huge problem in FM 3 and 4 :indiff:

In 3 yes. 4 in simulation mode, nope. Cars will spin right around. I am glad they fixed that problem. Seems that FM4, at least based on the demo isn't quite to Race Pro feel on track, but right behind it (and passed up GT).

In 3 yes. 4 in simulation mode, nope. Cars will spin right around. I am glad they fixed that problem. Seems that FM4, at least based on the demo isn't quite to Race Pro feel on track, but right behind it (and passed up GT).

Never ever... But it´s your opinion... If GT5 does one thing right, than it´s the physics, where even PC-SIM gamers say that the physics are impressive.

That must be a bug in the code, or this is the most epic fail to t10. I mean they first denied the problem and banned people from the forza 3 forums who mentioned the problem. Now for forza 4 launch they said that forza 3 had lots of assists in the game but they will be switched off for simulation mode in F4. Now their promises look like BS. I hope it is just a mistake that they did not switch those away for simulation mode.

That must be a bug in the code, or this is the most epic fail to t10. I mean they first denied the problem and banned people from the forza 3 forums who mentioned the problem. Now for forza 4 launch they said that forza 3 had lots of assists in the game but they will be switched off for simulation mode in F4. Now their promises look like BS. I hope it is just a mistake that they did not switch those away for simulation mode.

Instead of moaning about a couple of vids why not play the demo yourself and appreciate the improvements that have been made even if some assists are still present. Read Phil-t's excellent write up where he highlights what is good and why and what is bad. This is a vast improvement compared to FM3 and the ffb is simply glorious, a step up from FM3.

I like how the demo makes me want to drive all the slow cars in the F10 M5 rivals challenge.
They look cute :D

Funny, Not quite I was was thinking. I was thinking more like I want to toss those cars off the cliff for being in my way. :mad:

:lol:

ZR1Chris, I just did a 3 more laps with the 458, shaved off another 4 seconds, went from 1:34 to 1:30. I think I should be able to match your 1:28 in a few more laps. I need to shave off 1.733 seconds.

I noticed in the last lap I did against your ghost that you seemed to be going around the same AI that I was, which is odd. I haven't seen that before.

Hard to believe I am in the top 10% of the leaderboards. WOOT!!!!

Good job Bogie. 👍 I will have to keep my eye on that to see when you pass me.

Sele1981
Never ever... But it´s your opinion... If GT5 does one thing right, than it´s the physics, where even PC-SIM gamers say that the physics are impressive.

And that is your opinion. No big deal.

Or the steering wobble (as I'm calling it) was not the 'assist' in the first place *.. When you look at it in FM3, it doesn't seem to be very meaningful as an assist if you do some tests.. But it seems that despite trying to see what it does on a technical level and assessing it in some more thorough way as I tried to do, people just skip over any attempt at the facts and jump to a possibly very rash conclusion..

*It's a possibility, I'm not saying it is/isn't, but the cars are a real handful in many ways in FM4, despite the exact same steering wobble.. Go figure..

Last edited:
I hope those steering assists are for the Beta, I mean it might be an earlier build, who knows? I sure hope so though, that's one thing that I felt made it so easy in FM3, and I'd rather not be competing with total wrecking drivers online who are no good just because the game steers practically for them.

Ok, played the demo too much now.

Honestly, the physics are much improved over FM3, and are a little better than GT5's in my opinion.

Nevertheless, FM4 is still really away from all the serious PC offerings. In just one note, rFactor is still MILES ahead (let alone other simulators out there like iRacing, Netkar, Simbin stuff, etc...) Enough said.

I feel kind of disappointed.

Honestly, the physics are much improved over FM3, and are a little better than GT5's in my opinion.

Nevertheless, FM4 is still really away from all the serious PC offerings. In just one note, rFactor is still MILES ahead (let alone other simulators out there like iRacing, Netkar, Simbin stuff, etc...) Enough said.

I think your expectations were far too great.

It was never going to be a full on hardcore sim like PC games. What is is though is the best sim on consoles.

When do people who don't have a code get a chance to download.

Monday or Tuesday.

Hate what they have done. If it was ready to release they should have let everyone have it.

Back