Forza 4 Feature Wish list!

GTRL_Junior
protoapocalypse
rumeur-forza-motorsport-4-presente-e3-2010-1263614458.jpg

This is a new thread related to what would you want to see improved for Forza 4.

Camaro started with his wishlist, whats yours?

My current Forza 4 wishlist

1. I would love to see the weather effects from PGR4 in Forza 4. PGR4 still has THE most impressive weather effects I have seen in any racing game. This doesnt have to be on all tracks but at least a handful like PGR4 had.

2. Day / night would be nice on some of the tracks but it doesnt have to be on all tracks.

3. Improve the tire physics especially on the dragstrip. The dragstrip tire traction physics are just terrible.

4. More than 8 cars on a track at a time.

5. Take the vinyl top of the 69 Camaro. Or give us the option to take it off the car.

6. Bring back Autocross from Forza 1

7. Allow us to make the trucks AWD. Makes no sense that a truck cant have this option when all of the trucks in this game came with 4wd.

8. Fully adjustable seat position symilar to Test Drive Unlimited.

9. Moving body parts like spoilers or vents when a car reaches a certain speed. Example: Porsche Carrera, Porsche Boxter or Crossfire.

10. A better way to get the pictures from the game. The pics that are saved to Forzacentral.net are decompressed and do not look like the game at all. Let us save the pics to a USB drive.

11. Better lighting in paint booth. Way too dark in the front and back.

12. Public lobbies like FM2

13. Improve Tire physics

Last edited:
Great idea and thanks for posting my list here. I am sure I will think of more things. My main concern and the one thing I worry about is the addition of Kinect to F4.

Hopefully we can still use those features without Kinect because I really have no interrest in it at all. I do like how we can look around the car and view the car, open the doors, hood get on the inside, but I dont want to be forced to do that with Kinect. THAT will ruin the game for me if they do that. If they add features, let everyone enjoy those features. Not just players with Kinect. If they do that, I will not buy the game.

Oh yeah another for the list.

14. Allow us to load our setups online like we did in F2.

Once we have more ideas from the other people i will keep adding the first post and such to make it easier for every one.

- Active Aerodynamic animation.

- Bring back Blue Mountain Raceway.

- Bring back Tokyo Circuit.

- Bring back Drivatar.

If, for no other reason, than to show PD how "B-Spec" should be done.

Definitely bring back public lobbies from Forza 2.

Bring back Exhibition mode as well.

Bring back Career and local leaderboards.

Ditch the AWD swaps on most cars or make them available on all makes of cars. Does not make sense to be able to have an AWD Charger but not a Chevelle or an AWD Mustang but not a Camaro.

Keep the race cars and super cars seperate like they were in Forza 2. The system from Forza 3 where supercars are R class and R class cars change classes is horribly messed up.

Fix the PI system and give us back the tire options like we had in Forza 2.

Add more classic cars

Give us Monza, Spa and Infineon race tracks.

Ditch the invalid lap system and replace it with a system that actually effects the race results. If someone cuts a corner or wall rides make it harder for them to win the race rather than just flagging thier lap.

Fix the penalty zones. To many places on Forza 3 where you are running a legal line e.g. two wheels on track but the lap gets invalidated for no apparent reason. Very very frustraing when going for the fastest lap times.

Get rid of all the blinding white screens and go back to black or some other color that is not so hard on the eyes.

Put back prize cars in career mode and give us a reason to actually run the races. Forza 3 has the worst carrer mode of any game I have played to date. Forza 2 was not bad.

Also would be nice if the career mode races were more restricted. I hate it when the races let people enter race cars agaist F class puddle jumpers and even worse that they can be set to easy and rewind. Most of the races are so easy that the hardest part in career mode is staying awake long enough to finish the race.

Bring back the online tournaments.

Let us sell cars that we have bought with custom paint or tunes withotu first having to remove the paint or tune.

There is more but it is frustrating to see how many good things were removed from Forza 2 when making Forza 3 and how little was actually added that made any sort of improvement.

* Bring back Forza1's Drivatars.

* Allow export of images

All I can think of for now.

Let us sell cars that we have bought with custom paint or tunes withotut first having to remove the paint or tune.

This isn't going to happen because of Forza 2.

Too many people were claiming liveries as their own and selling them in the Auction House for more money. Since Forza is heavily community-based (and considering how many complained about it) they're not going to put up with false claims again.

I didn't expect so much love for me :lol:.

What can I say?

Under the right instruction you were on or above M. Rossi status (when he isn't trying to kill you or any of the AI on the field). :P

THIS:

yas-marina-circuits-track-lights-at-night.jpg

Look I like GT5 alot. But if Forza wants to blow even socks off people, they should not only have night racing, but also the Yas Marina Circuit........AT NIGHT. Imagine how great it would be if they did.

I can't see Forza 4 as a good game without DFGT like racing wheel, i.e. 900 degrees for 100-150$, and physics reboot towards back to Forza 2.

This is a core, everything else secondary.

At current Forza state (Forza 3) I put game in X360, play 20 minutes and switch it off. With my DriveFX racing wheel I have as much fun as driving highway in real life.

I can't see Forza 4 as a good game without DFGT like racing wheel, i.e. 900 degrees for 100-150$, and physics reboot towards back to Forza 2.

This is a core, everything else secondary.

At current Forza state (Forza 3) I put game in X360, play 20 minutes and switch it off. With my DriveFX racing wheel I have as much fun as driving highway in real life.

Well you have the Fanatec GT2 in for $300 which is the $249 wheel and $49 pedals(best wheel and option since you can use on all platforms) and I would bet anything that you see an economical force feedback wheel hit the market around the time Forza 4 comes out.

Either way I'm happy because my GT2 shipped today.

BTW: I really want to see the 2011 Hennesey Venom GT in this game or as DLC for GT5. Simply the best looking car in the world!

Just reading the posts in here you can see how rushed for time Turn10 were for Forza 3 as they had to drop quite a few excellent features from the earlier games.

What do I want?

- more tuning options (adjust turbo pressure, adjust TCS, adjust ABS etc)

- be able to make car adjustments on the move - adjust brake bias, turbo pressure (particularly important if they are bringing classic F1 cars - think of an 80s turbo car where you can adjust the turbo pressure to conserve fuel!)

- bring back all the FM1 favourite tracks; Tokyo was a beast of a track, and Blue Mountain and others were loved. Autocross would be cool too.

- Public online lobbies would be a bonus

- less braking stability....seriously, braking isn't an issue in any of the cars

- make it harder to control a slide (I don't know if I've ever spun a car in FM3)

- upgraded engine so they can run the high-detailed models from FM3 in game

Forza would lose the majority of its fanbase if they went back to the dated and poor unrealistic physics of FM2. Please god, keep with the FM3 forumla, it's pretty damn good.

Sometimes I have to wonder if some of these people played FM3. Spin? Sometimes it feels like cars are actually on ice at times.

I swear, if they thought about progressing backwards to the arcade physics of FM2, I would never play FM again.

Yeah, the indeed wasn't the case for the 427 Stingray sorry. That was one of my cars for some of the career on the ring. There was so much oversteer, spin and unintentional drifting, it was a nightmare.

Yeah, the indeed wasn't the case for the 427 Stingray sorry. That was one of my cars for some of the career on the ring. There was so much oversteer, spin and unintentional drifting, it was a nightmare.

This blatant denial of an obvious issue is getting ridiculous now. The level of grip absolutely needs to be overhauled for FM4 if the series aims to retain any respect as a supposedly realistic driving game, as do those ridiculously smooth roads.

This blatant denial of an obvious issue is getting ridiculous now. The level of grip absolutely needs to be overhauled for FM4 if the series aims to retain any respect as a supposedly realistic driving game, as do those ridiculously smooth roads.

If I didn't own the game you and a few others here would make me think the cars were on rails. Sorry to break it to you man but high power RWD cars spin out all the time with no TCS if you are mashing the accelerator. Yes, yes we know its not as matrix real as the all mighty GT5. I just love how my muscle cars in FM start to lean and turn to the side when I am laying down elevens on tarmac. I would ask you to try it but your game seems to have grip levels that prevent that type of tire behavior. Strange.

Now you are just making stuff up, and I believe that is considered trolling and a violation of AUP. Seems like you are walking a fine line here at GTP.

You get the GT2 Wheel for $249 here:http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=90&osCsid=810649adc9bdf86ca61773ff2b2a3193 That comes with Clubsport paddle shifters

You get the standard pedals here for $49: http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=54&osCsid=810649adc9bdf86ca61773ff2b2a3193

Now you have a complete set for a acceptable economical cost of $300 that works on all platforms:)

You can even get the shifter setup with both a sequential and H pattern her for $49:http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=55&osCsid=810649adc9bdf86ca61773ff2b2a3193

You are not forced to buy the $500 edition(I did because I wanted the Clubsport Pedals) you can put together your entire setup piece by piece.

I agree about the smooth roads, but FM3 was in no way, shape or form too grippy.

I dare you to hop into a RWD with any amount of power whatsoever and tell me with a straight face that Forza 3 has too much grip.

G25 wheel support (I am not buying another damn wheel)
Better replay angles
Better car animations (they still look like they hover)
A more involving career mode
The ability to paint wheels white for christ's sake
More tracks of course
The "other" Ferrari 250 GTO
Better options for Time trials
The ability to create a race with cars we want on track
Improved physics (improved driving feel, like GT honestly)
Tuning help for us tuning rejects
Dynamic time and weather changes as well
Improved interiors

Oh, and an E39 =)

Back