Forza 4 Feature Wish list!

Really? Nothing was fixed?

There were complaints about the (lack of) shifting animations. What happened? It was patched.

Yeah, that was the most crucial part of the whole game, I just couldn't play the game without proper shifting animation, especially consider I never use cockpit view.

Who cares about shifting animations?

I think developers must not listen to everything what people say. For example community where asking about le Sartre all the time: give us Le Mans! This is the most horrible track in racing games ever, I just skipped every single race there.

What this broken french highway is doing in game? Consider time spent, Turn10 could include a couple of Spas and Donington instead this 🤬

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it is, his arrogant personality is all over FM2 and FM3 in spades. He is behind much if not all of the arbitrary changes/implementations - that is what lead designers/producers do - they severely influence every aspect of a production - hence the title "Lead Designer/Producer".

Believe me, he's just as much of a puppet as anyone else at Turn10 is when "big brother" is Microsoft.

Did I just say "big brother"? :lol:

Joking aside, I hope you see where that was supposed to have gone....

Yeah, that was the most crucial part of the whole game, I just couldn't play the game without proper shifting animation, especially consider I never use cockpit view.

Who cares about shifting animations?

I think developers must not listen to everything what people say. For example community where asking about le Sartre all the time: give us Le Mans! This is the most horrible track in racing games ever, I just skipped every single race there.

What this broken french highway is doing in game? Consider time spent, Turn10 could include a couple of Spas and Donington instead this 🤬

I like how you omitted the rest of my post, and then go on a senseless rant about Le Sarthe, even mentioning the community asked for it. Do you realize what you write before writing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Otago and Terrunium please guys, let's try to stay on topic please. You guys don't a moderator to get your attention at all, they will ban. Now let's try to get more ideas and leave the bash talking back and fourth to rest please. Thank you advance.

Otago and Terrunium please guys, let's try to stay on topic please. You guys don't a moderator to get your attention at all, they will ban. Now let's try to get more ideas and leave the bash talking back and fourth to rest please. Thank you advance.

A moderator won't ban you for being off-topic, the worse that would happen is the thread being locked (either temporarily or permanently), but I agree...let's keep the thread going.

I like how you omitted the rest of my post, and then go on a senseless rant about Le Sarthe, even mentioning the community asked for it. Do you realize what you write before writing it?

Well, it's simple. People heard about Le Mans (almost nobody actually watch it) - people ask about Le Sarthe in each wish list.

Think about Le Sarthe design, miles long straights broken by one chicane or 90 degrees turn. This is the worst race track design you can imagine, every public road around is a better race track. Driving 3 miles long straight is nothing but boring, braking from 210 mph before sharp chicane is nothing but annoying.

Imagine which real world tracks are not in Forza 3 (GT 5) and say honestly - would you exchange Le Sarthe for any three of them?

Returning to wish list, I would like to see in Forza 4 something like proving grounds tracks. Real premier world tracks are designed for powerful sports cars and are too high speed for Civics and Mini, for beginner cars twisted tracks are much better. Good example - tight japanese track in NFS Shift (Autopolis?) and Willow Springs

Last edited:
Well, it's simple. People heard about Le Mans (almost nobody actually watch it) - people ask about Le Sarthe in each wish list. That's simple.

Think about Le Sarthe design, miles long straights broken by one chicane or 90 degrees turn. This is the worst race track design you can imagine, every public road around is a better race track. Driving 3 miles long straight is nothing but boring, braking from 210 mph before sharp chicane is nothing but annoying.

Imagine which real world tracks are not in Forza 3 (GT 5) and say honestly - would you exchange Le Sarthe for any three of them?

Last bit of off-topicness from me, because almost everything you say is headache inducing...

The Mulsane Straight is separated by two (2) chicanes, one being a right-hand, the second being a left-hand.

i would like to see the 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback mach 1 in forza 4

There is Boss 429 in game, same deal. Shame there is no much use of it cause it's uncompetitive in all muscle cars events.

New cars (at least some of them) must be catchy, so people really want to drive them. Like Chaparral 2J is a good example, it's absolutely unique and fancy looking. Or Auto Union Type C, this race Audi had freaking 16 cylinders and mid engine in 1936

Just cleaning up a bit in here. Complaints about who Turn 10 listen to and don't, not a part of the discussion. This discussion is purely a Forza4 Wishlist. Again, I'd like to point out that we have other threads in which we can complain about Forza3.

Also I like GT5 version more cause you can simply cut straight both of this chicanes without braking and continue reading newspaper without interruption

Seriously. If you can't follow instructions and stay on topic, you could at least make sure that what you post off-topic is factual.

I'm silent now! Too bad if the tread get locked

We're not going to oblige you on the last part, but we will oblige you on the first part.

If you can't stay on topic or even stay factual with your wild claims about GT5, Forza or anything else under the sun, you may find that there portions of the AUP regarding knowingly posting false information.

You have been warned.

Last edited:
ok all the things ive come to love about forza 2 arent in forza 3? no lobby? no super car series? basically everything roadhog said, wow I dont have forza 3 but whats with all the changes? and how/why would someone be able to sell an already customed made car on forza 2 when you can barely even change how the custom giveaway cars look? thats dumb but it shouldnt be eliminated, I think they can make a car recognition program especially if you can save the setting for the cars you build. That way the only cars you can sell are the ones you actually create. Dont even need liveries really, not to mention that would make it virtually impossible for you to claim and or resell a car you didnt build because its not in your online data base profile. Once you buy a car from the community lobby? it can be resold at car base price and no higher. Just like the giveaways. what do you guys think of that one?

OK, show me exactly where anything I wrote was false.

Otherwise I consider you post as meanless

If by meanless, you mean kind, thank you.

Let's see... the claim that Sarthe only has one chicane, the claim that you can straightline GT5's chicanes without braking, which is not possible, because, like, dude, chicanes aren't straight...

I have warned you. Stay on topic or stay out. You're perfectly entitled to criticize GT5 or Forza3. But your behavior of late has approached trollishness. Keep your complaints in the appropriate threads.

Last warning. I'm not going to close this thread to amuse you. Any further off-topicness will be met with infractions.

I updated my F4 wishlist.

1. I would love to see the weather effects from PGR4 in Forza 4. PGR4 still has THE most impressive weather effects I have seen in any racing game. This doesnt have to be on all tracks but at least a handful like PGR4 had.

2. Day / night would be nice on some of the tracks but it doesnt have to be on all tracks.

3. Improve the tire physics especially on the dragstrip. The dragstrip tire traction physics are just terrible.

4. More than 8 cars on a track at a time.

5. Take the vinyl top of the 69 Camaro. Or give us the option to take it off the car.

6. Bring back Autocross from Forza 1

7. Allow us to make the trucks AWD. Makes no sense that a truck cant have this option when all of the trucks in this game came with 4wd.

8. Fully adjustable seat position symilar to Test Drive Unlimited.

9. Moving body parts like spoilers or vents when a car reaches a certain speed. Example: Porsche Carrera, Porsche Boxter or Crossfire.

10. A better way to get the pictures from the game. The pics that are saved to Forzacentral.net are decompressed and do not look like the game at all. Let us save the pics to a USB drive.

11. Better lighting in paint booth. Way too dark in the front and back.

12. Public lobbies like FM2

13. Improve Tire physics

14. Allow us to load our setups online like we did in F2.

15. Higher level cap for each car. 5 is way to low

16. Higher career level cap. 50 is too low.

I prefer the Forza series of GT but there are things that I want in Forza 4 that have not made an appearence:

1.) Day and Night Transitions. (It does not need to change like in GT, but even having the choice of time of day before doing a quick race would be great.)

2.) I don't see anything wrong with the graphics or physics, but it never hurts to add more.

3.) Of course I would like more cars and tracks. But make sure all the cars are produced at the same detail, with interiors. I would rather have a bunch of good looking cars that have hardly no flaws, then have 200 gorgeously detailed cars and 800 so-so cars.

4.) last thing I can think of is weather. Someone above said to use the weather effects from PGR4. Couldn't agree more.👍

That's it for now.

Here's my list...

Take Forza 3 and finish it. Do everything that you intended to do, but you had to axe because Microsoft wanted the game out the door before Gran Turismo 5 hit the market. That means...

• Finish the lighting engine.
  • Complete and install the Day and night cycles.
  • Finish the weather efects. We know it's just rain and fog. Make sure it works right.
  • Put the finishing touches on Tokyo Circuit and put it back into the game.
  • Same for Rio De Janero, and the Real New York Full.
  • Finish the tire Physics and replace the dumbed down model you have in FM3.
  • Finish modeling the active aero and headlamps of all the cars.
  • Fix suspension offsets. The suspension doesnt move inward when installing deep lipped wheel. The wheel's lip sticks out further than the car's wheel wells. Make it so!

1. I would love to see the weather effects from PGR4 in Forza 4. PGR4 still has THE most impressive weather effects I have seen in any racing game. This doesnt have to be on all tracks but at least a handful like PGR4 had.

PGR4 was pretty for its time and had some sweet weather and day/night for its time, but not the best weather from this generation. The best I've seen on this generation of consoles so far is F1 2010. That game really deserves a lot more respect than it gets.

Not only did the weather look fantastic as it fell, soaked the track, and sprayed in your face, but the weather changed dynamically and the appearance and behavior of the track surface changed with it in real time. As the race progressed a dry line would be seen and felt forming, as rain subsides the track in general would dry out, there would be puddles that were deeper and wetter than the general track surface, and when dry the track would rubber in, which you again can not only see but also feel in the added grip.

HD video:

Just a reminder: Forza4 Wishlist. Not a Forza comparison thread.

Though yes, those are pretty screens of rain.

I wish ONLY 2 simple things.

1.Disable crappy "speed enhancer" effect from arcade racers - it's not acceptable for Sim.
2.Option to disable "permanent driving aid".

1.Access to the online features for silver users. Some of us only play Forza, gold is not a good deal for one game. No we dont need online play just access to the online features.

2. More city courses.

3. Less cliche track list. Fantasy tracks and less "been there done that" type of tracks as new tracks.

You'll be lucky for the Silver stuff. Microsoft want your money and nothing else. We're fortunate that Silver users don't have to play in black and white, such is Microsoft's emphasis on Gold membership.

For me, only a few things:

- More real life tracks, Spa, Indy, Imola, Magny cours
- Better lighting system
- More tracks like Fujimi, long winding awesome roads
- Photo locations like GT
- More new cars (ie new to Forza)
- Used car dealership

They really do need to address the silver access for online features such as the auction house/store fronts.

Those are part of the Pay to play Xbox live features, Microsoft would be throwing money away by not having that as an incentive to get a Live subscription. Something the game could use is, an off line race mode that you can earn credits that is similar to running a one player private race room.

The benefits for the player would be, they get to pause and use rewind (yes that dredded option that no one is forcing you to use...), and Turn 10 benefits from, getting a bunch of people playing a single player game off of their servers, possibly freeing up enough space to have custom lobbies and lose the ideal for FPS hopper system.

Those are part of the Pay to play Xbox live features, Microsoft would be throwing money away by not having that as an incentive to get a Live subscription. Something the game could use is, an off line race mode that you can earn credits that is similar to running a one player private race room.

No, those were not intended as pay to play features. They didn't allow silver accounts for those features because of the abuse/cheating/glitching that happened with the silver accounts in FM2 (and was subsequently patched later in FM2 to prevent silver access). People were making generic silver accounts and abusing the system to artificially increase bids and found ways to earn credits through the system using friends.

I never knew that. I always had Gold. Oh well... Thats still a good enough reason to exclude Live Free from the auction house and store fronts. Turn 10 is real particular about the economy in Forza 3 even more so than they were in FM2. It make sense to me.

No, those were not intended as pay to play features. They didn't allow silver accounts for those features because of the abuse/cheating/glitching that happened with the silver accounts in FM2 (and was subsequently patched later in FM2 to prevent silver access). People were making generic silver accounts and abusing the system to artificially increase bids and found ways to earn credits through the system using friends.

Wow I did not now that. When you put it that way I guess its better that way(not for honest gamers though).

My issue was only during the free weekend days that I did not even know about I could accept gifts. I receive a gift notification but can not receive the gift because I wasn't a gold member. I did get 2 cars as gifts, the other one I could not get. It was a LMP race car too :(. There wasn't much incentive to play past lvl 27 for me I think that's what I am.

Some things that I would like to see happen in Forza 4 is more emphasis on cars appearance’s and modifications. To a lot of people Forza about their love of cars & saving up for your favourite car – wether it be a Bugatti Veyron or a 69’ Camaro; & then being able to customise it exactly how you want it. More visual modification options would be nice, such as being able ad neon or hydraulics’ to the car, changing the side mirrors or colouring the leather interior to suit. Not trying to copy Need for Speed but to look at the graphic work people have done on some cars is amazing. They treat them as a work of art with the vinyl kits they produce. & more modification options would be an excellent finish.

The body kit options need work. There just simply isn’t enough. On most cars you can only put the ‘Forza’ spoiler & front fins which is really quite boring. In Need for Speed carbon there is a cool feature where you can design your own bumper bars & body kits, to make the lines & angles exactly how you want them. That would be an excellent addition to Forza 4.

We’ve seen how using Kinect we’ll be able to walk around & sit in our cars. I think this will be excellent because it puts more focus on making our cars something more exciting to look at. But it can be taken to a whole new level. Things we’ve never really noticed in the Forza 3 cockpit like door handles & gear shifters. It would be cool if we could modify all those little things for an extra touch. Be able to change the steering wheel or put gullwing doors on your most beloved Mustang.

But after we modify our cars into hot rods we need to be able to show them off to the world. The ability to take photos is good but there is room for so much more. Being able to open & closed doors & windows for a photo shoot would be good. Or pop the bonnet & snap a picture of the huge monster of a V8 inside. For people who maybe aren’t the best drivers but have stunningly amazing cars there should be some sort of online car judging feature - much like a ‘show and shine’ contest. If we’ll be able to walk around our own cars why not be able to walk around other peoples cars & sit in them to view their work. Then rate the car & go look at another. That would be cool. More alternate game modes like that would make the game so much more. Without detracting from the fact that it’s a racing game, when you go to buy a car, you could do it up as a race car to go fang around le mans, or you could put awesome looking wheels & vinyls on it & enter it to be judged, with some sort of in-game credit rewards as an incentive.

And other sorts of game modes that don’t just require you to go fast would be good. Maybe something like a burnout comp?

& one more thing I’d like to see but would ultimately be pointless is that when your in the cockpit of any car & you look at all the dials & speedo’s & screens, it would be cool if you could play with all those buttons – turn on the GPS or adjust the A.C. Not that there’s any real point to it but, why not? Sit In your car and just for the hell of it flick the radio on and adjust your music instead of listening to the same boring 30 tracks Forza has the rights to use over and over again…

Honestly, if they can manage to nail the physics model, this game will blow GT5 out of the water. I have always been a GT fan but I am really looking forward to trying FM4. And a few for the wishlist:

Bathurst
Accurate V8 Supercar sounds
Official race cars - le Mans, FIA GT1, GT3
Accurate real world tracks

Bring it on

Latest Posts

Back