Forza 4 Feature Wish list!

As the title says, this is a FORZA4 WISHLIST thread.

otago, if you want to create a thread about how PGR4 is a better sim than Forza3 or GT5, then go right ahead. Otherwise, try to stay on topic.

I see any more moaning about how FM3 is not as good as FM2, FM1, PGR, GT4 or any other game out there, and people are going to receive stern words.

Last edited:
As the title says, this is a FORZA4 WISHLIST thread.

otago, if you want to create a thread about how PGR4 is a better sim than Forza3 or GT5, then go right ahead. Otherwise, try to stay on topic.

I see any more moaning about how FM3 is not as good as FM2, FM1, PGR, GT4 or any other game out there, and people are going to receive stern words.

Your logic failed.

If you want wishlist of 100 pages of "add a track X!" or "add my 1992 Corolla!", that's fine.

If you want some wishes about what could be really improved in game, you need to discuss what's not perfect at the moment. And "not perfect" means comparison to other games, because "good" or "bad" are relative categories and have no meaning without some reference.

Fix the PI system

This is impossible.

Elise will blow almost anything on proving grounds King Cobra track and on le Sartre it will be uncompetitive against almost any high powered car.

Good PI system is possible only for one track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your logic failed.

If you want wishlist of 100 pages of "add a track X!" or "add my 1992 Corolla!", that's fine.

If you want some wishes about what could be really improved in game, you need to discuss what's not perfect at the moment. And "not perfect" means comparison to other games, because "good" or "bad" are relative categories and have no meaning without some reference.

If I want a comparison of Forza3's sins compared to GT4, GT5 or anything else, there's already a thread for that on the site. Keep it there.

It's perfectly fine to discuss how Forza's physics engine can be improved, as long as those shortcomings can be described in a detailed manner as how they relate to real life and you can state what needs to be added or subtracted.

Throwaway lines complaining that Forza3 is "arcadey" and "completely unrealistic" will be thrown away. There are already threads where people can moan about Forza3. This warning goes out to everyone else, also.

This is my last word on the issue.

The PI system isn't perfect and could always use improvements (and it will never be perfect). However, it's pretty damn good. FM4 can hopefully improve upon it.

Thank you Niky! Guys let's keep on topic please. Some good wishlists I see in here. I will be updating my first post soon with your wishlists!

There will never be G25 support as Logitech can't get their system to work with MS's.

The PI system isn't perfect and could always use improvements (and it will never be perfect). However, it's pretty damn good. FM4 can hopefully improve upon it.
It actually works well in my opinion with the exception of AWD, which should have a much greater impact on the PI level than they currently have.

The advantage AWD gives is currently massively underestimated by PI at the moment.

There will never be G25 support as Logitech can't get their system to work with MS's.
Well to be fair that's because MS use a totally different set of protocals for 360 wheels when compaired to PCs & the PS3.

To build a wheel that runs on both is effectively doubling the internals for the wheel, which as can be seen for the few that do with with everything is rather expensive.

Scaff

It actually works well in my opinion with the exception of AWD, which should have a much greater impact on the PI level than they currently have.
The advantage AWD gives is currently massively underestimated by PI at the moment.

The AWD swaps in FM3 seems to be a request that people wanted, and yet it turned out to be implemented poorly. It sounds like it would be something as simple as adjusting the "spreadsheets" when AWD is added to properly offset the PI changes in order to fix the PI and online inaccuracies created by the AWD options.

The AWD swaps in FM3 seems to be a request that people wanted, and yet it turned out to be implemented poorly. It sounds like it would be something as simple as adjusting the "spreadsheets" when AWD is added to properly offset the PI changes in order to fix the PI and online inaccuracies created by the AWD options.

An adjustment would help, but also please I beg of them do not have options like AWD Dodge Viper that is just :crazy: When a car is swapped to AWD the PI for that car should take a reasonable hike.

Also bring back the lobbies from FM2 with host options so I can find rooms that are not filled with AWD cars.

Wishlist Survey for a Forza 4 LCE:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4394780.aspx
Now that we have officially unveilved Forza Motorsport 4, it's time to put you guys to work!

You've probably already seen the threads dedicated to Forza 4 discussion, as well as specific wishlist threads for cars, tracks, and features. In addition to those, we'd also like to get some more specific feedback from you and we're starting with this brief survey regarding the possibility of a Limited Collectors Edition of Forza Motorsport 4. This survey should only take a minute or two, and will be open until Friday, Dec. 17 at noon.

If having your voice heard isn't motivation enough to take this survey, how about a chance of winning a download code for the Community Choice Classics pack? We'll be awarding one random survey participant with a free code, so be sure and enter your XBL gamertag in the appropriate box on the survey.

Thanks for participating!

Survey

Good find but a little too late for some of us, still we can't give up. I am going to gather all the wishlists and who knows if they open it up again then maybe we can send it to them and who knows since GTplanet is a big website and has got a big community they will get some of of our ideas!! Let's keep them coming guys!!!

we can send it to them

Since when developers listen to usual gamers? There are lot of people who want to see in Forza series something more than just 800 races.

GT5 licenses and challenges are good example, but not the best. I would like to see in Forza some events focused on car control and skills, like Factory Driver in NFS 5.

Cone courses, 180 and 360 degrees turns and so on. There are a lot of kinds of events you can dig in other games, like for example PGR 4, when you pass speed gates and must click some particular speed.

Since when developers listen to usual gamers? There are lot of people who want to see in Forza series something more than just 800 races.

GT5 licenses and challenges are good example, but not the best. I would like to see in Forza some events focused on car control and skills, like Factory Driver in NFS 5.

Cone courses, 180 and 360 degrees turns and so on. There are a lot of kinds of events you can dig in other games, like for example PGR 4, when you pass speed gates and must click some particular speed.

First off, there's an edit button - learn to use it.

Secondly, you realize Forza is community-driven, don't you? So I'm unsure how your ill-advised notion of "since when developer listen to usual gamers?" plays to any advantage you seem to aiming toward.

Secondly, you realize Forza is community-driven, don't you? So I'm unsure how your ill-advised notion of "since when developer listen to usual gamers?" plays to any advantage you seem to aiming toward.

Yeah, so that's exactly why when forza forums were flooded with tons of very reasonable complains from users just after Forza 3 release, absolutely nothing was fixed. Because Turn10 listen to forza community so much. LOL

They just banned all people who asked about reasonable online PI system, lobbies and other features which could improve the game by the order of magnitude.

-Have an instant notice if a friend of mine breaks a record (like need for speed Hot Pursuit), it will keep the league more competitive

-Wind blowing SOUND by when in high speeds

-Less steps to access DRAG mode

-Better hands animations on the wheel

-Better pilot reaction after crashing/braking

-Active Aerodynamic animation

-Pit animation

-I would like to see Reflections and dust in the windshield (like Project Gotham 4), Forza 3 cars look like they don’t have windshield when racing in interior camera

-In Hot lap mode have the option to start the race before the last corner/sector before the finish line, and that avoids me having to race the full lap to gain velocity, so it is faster to make records in long tracks like Nürburgring

-In game adjustable in car perspective (like gt5) (Forza 3 Default camera interior is too close to the wheel)

-Ability to see the back seat when I look back (like gt5 premium cars)

-Have an option to completely disable the rewind button. A lot of people said that because is in there they would use it, because the temptation exists, so if it is optional to disable it people would not complain.

-Reward you for not using the rewind button, just like you get a reward for disabling ABS

-Legend for the leaderboards icons/symbols; most people don’t know what those Symbols means. Obviously the first 3 are self explanatory (ABS, TCS, AUTO) but what does the 4th and 5th icon represent?

-Ability to see if the opponent is/was playing with control pad or racing wheel in online racing, lobbies and leader boards.

-More vehicle customization. I want to be able to at least change the color of the interior of the car

-Better options when offline racing against the Ai in Free Play, such as difficulty, ability to choose the AI cars like FORZA 1, ability to add my car setups to the AI. Please I miss this feature from Forza 1

-More cities, tracks/ (landscapes like GT prologue) our car is displayed on (not just Camino Viejo)

-Polygon trophies awards like GT series

-100 levels at the career mode

-See fireworks, passing aircrafts, see the clouds shadows passing by, more lively races

-More pronounce out of focus effect taking photos (in project Ghotam 4 the effect looks Great)

-Nitro (like gt4)

-Having a realistic AI (not braking and pooping their pants only because the racing line tells them to)

-Have the ability to turn on the car in the menus and listen to the engine

-Have the ability to choose a Female pilot

-Decorate pilot costume/helmet with colors, logos, vinyl’s etc

-Ability degrade the tires 100% after a long drift

-Have an option to Rolling Starts

-Matte paint option

-Put names to the original cars colors please, Example: Cuprit Brown metallic, Nero, Blu Pozzi, alpine white etc etc.

-Four-level AI difficulties

-have an option to penalty Collisions online

-Make ease to share cars photos and movies with those who don’t own the game.

-Weather Changing (+ SNOW)

-More Smoke (in need for speed pro street the smoke looks great)

-Night racing

-10/12 cars on track

-3D licence plates, with well know designs - USA States, Tokyo, European

Last edited:
About the rewind mode

A lot of people said that because is in there they would use it, because the temptation exists, so if it is optional to disable it people would not complain.

Last edited:
I think FM3 is pretty good. For me it's actually more fun than GT5 (although they are good in different ways) and there are some things in the game which I wish GT5 had, but there is still plenty of room for improvement (if the developers want to make the perfect game). So, off the top of my head.

- I want them to make constructive use of Photomode in career mode. It would be cool if magazines approached you for an article on your modified car that had been winning races or just pushed out big numbers, etc. which you could photograph for the cover. You could then have a collection of magazine covers with different cars from your garage on it. Real magazines could be involved and depending on your car these magazines would approach you for a shoot; Option, Custom Car, Fast Fours, Classic and Sportscar, Evo, etc. It would make the Photomode far more worthwhile. Whaddya think?

- Real-life Photomode locations, a la GT4 and GT5.

- Also, it would be great to choose your own grids, as in simply choosing what cars from the dealers and your garage you can race against for a quick race (much like the current private multiplayer but with your garage cars too). You should be able to name and save the race setup.

- I would like to see a virtual garage with different rooms where you could put cars from your garage in each room. A bit like PGR4 but better. You should be able to take photos in the garage too. IF you have played GT5 at the intro screen you can see cars lined up in a warehouse - it looks great!

- The ability to race against the cars from your garage with the AI driving them.

- AI cars should be modified as well as standard. I have always thought it daft to have a fully modded car up against standard stuff (all be it of the same class) racing on the track at the same time.

- An actual rolling road, where your car is secured to the machine and you give it the beans with the door open and the viewable telemetary in view.

- I like the idea of GT5's paint chips, as it makes choosing the colour for your car a much more serious decision. We could possibly paint our cars standard flat and metallic colours, but every time we buy a car with a manafacturer's colour, that goes into a 'collected swatches' pool which you can use on your garage cars.

- On the subject of paint - must have matte option, properly white wheels, the return of painted calipers, and the ability to paint the chrome parts of cars. It would be cool to be able to paint individual panels for example in matte FRP effect or carbon-fibre.

- More wheels! I was dumbfounded when I saw the lack of wheel options compared to FM2.

- Less generic damage. Currently most cars deform and damage in the same way. I don't like that. Also, it's too easy to get superficial damage on the car ie the rear lights smashing out when you get a minor bump.

- Open-wheeled racecars! Go-karts are fun in GT5 so throw some of them in there too.

- More variation in the events. Needs some gymkhana and some novelty events to mix things up.

- Bigger grids please!

- Track editor.

- More subtle body-mods. FM2 and FM3 both catered to the more style over function companies such as Wings West, - etc. We need more classy stuff which can actually effect the cars handling performance slightly.

- Better performing Auction House. The FM2 one was great. What happened in FM3? Brrowsing it is painfully slow.

- I love all the Storefront stuff but we should have the option of selling stuff unlocked.

- Prize cars should have some kind of value. I know they make them cheap to encourage you to use them for the events without selling them but many of the cars you win early can whoop anything in most events anyway.

- Changeable weather conditions.

- Night racing!

Ok, that's enough thinking. What do you reckon?

About the rewind mode

A lot of people said that because is in there they would use it, because the temptation exists, so if it is optional to disable it people would not complain.

i still play FM3 every day and honestly forgot that feature was there, when i got the game i turned off the rewind feature and just forgot about it !!!

-Allow me to use my DFGT wheel (haha)
-Night racing + Weather (at this point they kind of have to)
-More realistic graphics and physics engine (FM3 looks and feels like driving in a cartoon at points)
edit: Elaborating on this, it's not as simple as the cars have too little or too much grip, they just behave unrealistically. They are far too easy to control at and above the limit, and at the same time, it is far too easy to exceed the limits of adhesion. Basically, they become unstuck very easily, but from that point it's like you are guiding a boat not driving a car past it's limit. It is a core problem with the physics engine dating back to FM2, not something that can easily be fixed by changing grip values or something like that. Also there needs to be a better representation of weight transfer. You can feel it, slightly, but you cannot see it (laterally at least) in the slightest. None of the cars have body roll.
-Improved model quality (some of them are truly awful, I'm looking at you gen1 NSX)
-Improved Rotary sounds (they all sound horrible in FM3)
-Increased car count (keeping the regional balance the same, this is where FM does very well)
-More real-life circuits, but at the same time, less emphasis on race cars (this is a personal thing for me, I find race cars boring)
-Less fantasy circuits. T10, face it, you suck at creating original circuits, just give up already

Last edited:
I noticed one thing, a lot people complain about the graphics and physics and I see the reason why and it just doesn't add up? I mean, I think the physics are really good and yes they can improve it of course but it's got already an amazing physic engine and graphic engine. I am comparing right now. I will let you guys see the list and maybe help me out by making better in order for me to send them in. Trust me guys, with GTplanet having such a huge presence, T10 will read our wishlist. They always do, I bet they are looking here right now! :P

Some of my ideas:
-Wheels should come off when you hit really hard, ie: since the game already lets you kill the engine anyways, wheels coming off would be a nice visual touch
-Stall should be in Forza 4, it would be more realistic but also funnier in drag races
-High speed track so we can max out cars like the Veyron w/o using the skinny Le Mans straight
-moving spoilers for cars like Veyron, also working headlights
-stunt tracks with big ramps would be fun
-night tracks should be brought back (i'm not holding my breath on day/night cycle or weather but that would be nice as well)
-ability to take photos from inside the car in photomode (a feature missing in GT5 as well)
-Monster Trucks (yup)
-Giant soccer ball and nets for Car football online mode
-Option for dedicated servers mode in addition to matchmaking mode
-Bring back more tracks from Forza 1 (Blue Mountain, Tokyo, Rio, New York full track)
-Add "glass" graphics to cockpit view (currently doesn't look like glass, same goes for broken glass should be in cockpit view)
-Improve the look of the driver's hands/animations
-Fix wheel rotation to be more realistic
-Better pitch/roll physics/graphics

Glad to see some FM1 players ask for those features back.

- custom grid with your tuned cars being driven by the AI
- bring back the Drivatar, and this time let him drive our cars with their custom liveries on.

These are the biggest features I really looked forward to in FM2 and hoped they would make an improved comeback in FM3.

Yeah, so that's exactly why when forza forums were flooded with tons of very reasonable complains from users just after Forza 3 release, absolutely nothing was fixed. Because Turn10 listen to forza community so much. LOL

They just banned all people who asked about reasonable online PI system, lobbies and other features which could improve the game by the order of magnitude.

Really? Nothing was fixed?

There were complaints about the (lack of) shifting animations. What happened? It was patched.

There were complaints about the money glitch. What happened? It was patched.

I could go on as there are a few more examples, but first and foremost and as usual you fail in getting your facts straight. Yes, there are issues with Forza that were never fixed but who do you think is pulling the strings? It isn't Dan, I'll tell you that much.

Really? Nothing was fixed?

There were complaints about the (lack of) shifting animations. What happened? It was patched.

There were complaints about the money glitch. What happened? It was patched.

I could go on as there are a few more examples, but first and foremost and as usual you fail in getting your facts straight. Yes, there are issues with Forza that were never fixed but who do you think is pulling the strings? It isn't Dan, I'll tell you that much.

Actually it is, his arrogant personality is all over FM2 and FM3 in spades. He is behind much if not all of the arbitrary changes/implimentations - that is what lead designers/producers do - they severly influence every aspect of a production - hence the title "Lead Designer/Producer".

Back