Forza 4 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter Bogie 19th
  • 579 comments
-> Hmm, this make me irk a little bit, on this upcoming May DLC I'm wondering that there is no SRT Vipers yet. Plus, this month would be the most costly yet!

- May TG Pack + Porsche DL Pack = USD$27 :eek:

^ All of these with no Viper's and a screenshot of the Austin-Healey 3000 Mk.III '65. :indiff:

They said "this summer" for the Viper, so I wouldn't worry until at least next month, technically July if we're sticking with start-of-month releases.

This whole time I've been under the impression the car is coming in July.

Take a breath and relax. Some others haven't a clue if there's ever going to be additional content, let alone know the content itself.

I think Forza players are quite spoilt on some ways. The May DLC has split the community more than any other pack I can remember.
Some love it some hate it. Personally I like it a lot.
If it had been part of the season pass I could see a lot more complaints. Maybe T10 felt this too and decided to leave this "peculiar pack" outside of the pass.
Could be comended for that in my book. Cynical publishers could have included these and plumped for some more desirable cars outside of season pass.

I'm getting regardless.
Don't forget some useless car on track may also be a canvas to some Picasso in this game.

Dan said it himself when he said there's all different kinds in this community.

Oh, Shant J, you tease. You mean you couldn't use the image tags like everyone else?

I kid, I kid. Props on posting the shot.

Here's an image, thanks Shantj.
original.jpg

I read on FM.net that it was mentioned that there will indeed be a DLC pack for August. I believe the list will be revealed around the 31st of this month, and clues will be started probably the wednesday or thursday before.

Translation

At the "Game with Devs" last week, players Forza Motorsport 4 were able to share a few laps with the game developers, the opportunity to discuss with them, to fill Unicorn Cars, but especially to extort a whole bunch of information about the future of the Forza series. And once again, some have managed to get the answers to questions yet indiscreet Thus, a player says a member of Turn 10 has confirmed the existence of a future DLC containing ten new cars.

Meets the sweet name of Stig's August Car Pack The Car Pack Forza 4 August should, like its predecessors, is confirmed by video Tuesday, July 31, just a week before its availability on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Content side, it remains unclear what will happen in the U.S. development studio, but rumors are rife. Among them we note the Camaro ZL1 2012, the new Mini Coupe John Cooper Works, or the Citroen DS4 appeared mysteriously in the description of the latest DLC.

Due on August 7, this new pack of additional content will be offered at 560 Microsoft Points. The Stig's August Car Pack DLC will be the tenth month of Forza 4, and might not be the last. Forza Horizon is not expected until October 26, there is still some time for the developer to offer us more and more vehicles. And you, what car would you pack it in August?

August DLC released, will be available next Tuesday Aug 7th:

2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302
2003 Aston Martin DB7 Zagato
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
1962 Lincoln Continental
1989 Mercedes-Benz #63 Team Sauber-Mercedes C9
1984 Peugeot 205 T16
2013 Scion FR-S
1962 Triumph TR3B
2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/August_DLC/

-> This beg me to question, why no racing game has ever aquired the Subaru BRZ!? This could've been the chance for Turn10 to differentiate themselve against GT... :indiff:

GT5 <---Scion FR-S---> FM4

GT5 <---Toyota 86

Subaru BRZ---> FM4

:grumpy:

If they don't want whiny posts on Facebook and their forums they'll have made sure to include BRZ parts in the bodykit options. But I don't think they could change all the details like the port thingy on the front fenders.

Honestly the fact that they went with the Scion might be enough for me to wait and see if Horizon has the FRS/BRZ. If development on FH is far enough along and the FRS/BRZ appear as DLC for that game too, I'll be glad I didn't jump on it now.

When I went on the auction house the other day I couldn't scroll up and down the car list , or select any cars...

I love how, since Forza 4 doesn't have very many online achievements (at least nothing that really requires you to actually race online), they decided that the Porsche pack should have 95% online achievements...Look, Turn10, no one likes online achievements because they suck. Yours aren't so bad as pretty much all of them can be farmed, but...why tease us with no online achievements and then give us a crap load of them. Bad Turn10! Bad! Whatever. It'll probably be a while before I get the Porsche Pack, anyway...at least until after Christmas.

Speaking of Forza 4, I will be joining the ranks just as soon as I get an Xbox (Dec. 16th) and finish FM3 (which I think I have one series of races for the Year Six Achievement, and then I just need to finish the rest of the races and get the 100,000 drift score which I almost had a few times thanks to tunes from the community...or I might just make sure I have the unicorn cars for FM4 and play that...and finish FM3 some other time...which is more likely.

Sorry for the double post but....REVIEW TIME:

So, after playing FM4 for a little bit, now, I have to say it's a vast improvement over FM3. The physics are completely different...unless you roll over, then they're exactly the same. But, the tracks are awesome, the cars are awesome, this game is awesome. And it would warrant a perfect score if it weren't for some minor details like the dynamic difficulty in World Tour, which might be a stab at Gran Turismo's dynamic difficulty, but with GT you can just grab an overpowered car and destroy everyone where as in FM4, all the drivers upgrade with you, so it's harder to just grab a faster car. True, it makes the game more challenging, but most players would rather choose their own difficulty. Also, a lot of the cars have a muddy feel to them, to me. It's like in GT4 where EVERY car had massive amounts of understeer. Here, it's not a LOT of understeer, just enough to make making some of the corners a little difficult. This with a few other little things are enough to give Forza Motorsport 4 a 4.5/5.

-> Is it me, or are we "Motorsport" fans are being 'ignored' in favor to "Horizon" fans?

-> Since FH isn't made by Turn10 themselves, why are we 'Motorsport' fans being left out with new DLC's left and right? Is it T10 being busy for FM5? As an FM fan, it saddens me...as a new fan.

To be fair Forza Motorsport 4 is a year old now and they supported for it with DLC for six months. I'd rather see Turn 10 directing the bulk of their efforts toward FM5 on the next generation Xbox than churning out some half assed DLC like Playground are doing.

To be fair Forza Motorsport 4 is a year old now and they supported for it with DLC for six months. I'd rather see Turn 10 directing the bulk of their efforts toward FM5 on the next generation Xbox than churning out some half assed DLC like Playground are doing.

I agree.

Since FM5 is coming in 2013, which is literally around the corner, I'd rather they save new content for that game instead.

-> Is it me, or are we "Motorsport" fans are being 'ignored' in favor to "Horizon" fans?

-> Since FH isn't made by Turn10 themselves, why are we 'Motorsport' fans being left out with new DLC's left and right? Is it T10 being busy for FM5? As an FM fan, it saddens me...as a new fan.

This has happened since FM2 and I'm in favour of it, like Mikey says it bodes better for us that DLC support stops so their workload isn't split from FM5 which should be out around October 2013! If they pulled 4/5 guys (maybe more, I have no idea) off FM5 to continue support for FM4 we might get a less than top quality 5 title! 6/7 months of DLC support is plenty.

Get the coders etc etc working on the next title 6 odd months before the visual guys finish with FM4 (again I have no idea if this is how it works, just what I imagine would happen)

Sorry for the double post but....REVIEW TIME:

So, after playing FM4 for a little bit, now, I have to say it's a vast improvement over FM3. The physics are completely different...unless you roll over, then they're exactly the same. But, the tracks are awesome, the cars are awesome, this game is awesome. And it would warrant a perfect score if it weren't for some minor details like the dynamic difficulty in World Tour, which might be a stab at Gran Turismo's dynamic difficulty, but with GT you can just grab an overpowered car and destroy everyone where as in FM4, all the drivers upgrade with you, so it's harder to just grab a faster car. True, it makes the game more challenging, but most players would rather choose their own difficulty. Also, a lot of the cars have a muddy feel to them, to me. It's like in GT4 where EVERY car had massive amounts of understeer. Here, it's not a LOT of understeer, just enough to make making some of the corners a little difficult. This with a few other little things are enough to give Forza Motorsport 4 a 4.5/5.

If you're playing with a wheel, you should select SIM steering. Also, make sure you have the latest title update and wheel firmware, if it's a Fanatec.

Set the deadzones to zero on the inside for throttle, brake and steering. Max on the outside for all three. Give it a go. :)

Ignored? Maybe. But you've got to appreciate the amount of DLC they've milked out since releasing it. It IS commendable. But there's only so much DLC you can milk out to keep fans satisfied. What it needs is a serious upgrade to the track roster, and more features in general. A few fixes here and there are in order. 2013 is going to fly by just like that, and before we know it, we're going to be lost in FM5 :cheers:

^^Agreed....they have done well with the DLC..other than tracks. I knew when I heard of the new of Horizon the DLC for FM4 was going to stop..and it did....BTW when IS FM5 coming??

I'm actually using a controller and everyone says to use normal handling when using the controller, so that's what I'm doin'. And on further playing, I give it a 4/5. I've not played online, yet, but I usually don't rate multiplayer on Xbox Live games...Granted, PS3 games have idiots, too...it just...more of them...and more little kids with a dictionary full of cuss words seem to be on Xbox Live.

FM5 should come out in 2013 if T10 sticks with their release cycle. And it might just be a NextBox game...but we'll see.

Horizon might receive DLC through September 2013. Then it's FM5 in October 2013, DLC for that through September 2014, then "Horizon 2" in October 2014, and DLC for that through September 2015, then FM6...that's how they're setting it up.

Back