Forza 4 Nordschleife

• Thread starter azrael1965
  • 340 comments
Whats not to like? PD needs to take note both on the Zonda's sound, and that Radical! Wow!

So you add more than a minute for a standing start? I never got any realistic Nürburgring laptimes in Forza 3 and this is just gonna continue?

it is running in traffic and frankly his driving is rubbish.

a standing start on a 300kph+ straight is worth about 10 seconds too.

errr read my post......traffic...not the best driving...add those up.

Look at our "drive this car!" challenge thread and see how big the time gap is when people are driving identical cars on the ring, could easily be up to 20+ seconds.

Stop grasping at straws.
He obviously isnt that fast because of 1) standing start, 2)racing in traffic, 3)Not that good of a driver

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the driver sucks? They're using both ABS and TCS. Wouldn't surprise me if they had assisted braking and steering.

It almost the same track as in Forza 3 and it doesn't look like the real one. Also the lap time of the Zonda R is over 8 Minutes! That is just so wrong!!! The real car did it in 6:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgapG5kGcc Even if you add some time for the standing start, the time is totally off.

I think it's just a matter of having the identical suspension setup as the real one as well as the driver's skill. Keep in mind that the FM4 video had oponents as opposed to having an open track without any distractions.

I was watching this video and my Dad (I'm 32, he's here for Canadian Thanksgiving, lol) was glancing over throughout, he asked what race I was watching. I told him it was a video game. He looked confused.

As for the Ring itself. It's too big, the entire track was enlarged to accomodate better online play, and for that it does work. For authenticity it's not such a good thing, hopefully something they have fixed for FM5. Everything else about the video though, the cars, the sound effects, the fog, and even the track itself looks and sounds absolutely phenominal. T10 was wise to scoop up Bizarre's sound guys like they did.

It almost the same track as in Forza 3 and it doesn't look like the real one. Also the lap time of the Zonda R is over 8 Minutes! That is just so wrong!!! The real car did it in 6:47 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgapG5kGcc Even if you add some time for the standing start, the time is totally off.

Ever think maybe the guy is just not a good driver. We were running well under 8 minutes with the Carrera GT in t.o.'s FM3 challenge thread. The Zonda should be much faster.

I'm a GT man, but I must say. Forza has stepped their game up. The looks and sound is amazing. The track is a little off with the extreme width and timing is way off, no matter what you guys say. I'm thinking about getting me another 360, I love cars and racing.

I'm a GT man, but I must say. Forza has stepped their game up. The looks and sound is amazing. The track is a little off with the extreme width and timing is way off, no matter what you guys say. I'm thinking about getting me another 360, I love cars and racing.

It's been discovered recently on these forums that the track is not too wide in FM but more too narrow in GT.

There is only one place where the track is "extremely" wide compared to the real thing and that's the carousel. The rest of it is at most half a car width wider than normal. People just have a false belief that the track is only one and a half car widths wide it seems.

It's been discovered recently on these forums that the track is not too wide in FM but more too narrow in GT.

I would like to see where that was, or did you mean the FM section?

I would add maybe 40 minutes for lack of skill, standing start and opponents. But even then a racecar like a Zonda R should still be faster a Nissan GT-R? But doesn't matter, I know this is almost the same version of the track as in Forza 3. I want to drive the cars on Nordschleife and compare my laptimes to the ones done by magazines and manufacturers.

Ever think maybe the guy is just not a good driver. We were running well under 8 minutes with the Carrera GT in t.o.'s FM3 challenge thread. The Zonda should be much faster.
A stock Carrera GT should also be able to do 7:2X on Nordschleife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXHC1vJ7IvA
You can also see in this Video how narrow the Ring really is and no it doesn't look like the onein Forza4. I thought Turn 10 was visiting the Nürburgring. So what have they been doing there? I was really hoping for a much improved Nordschleife and now i got this. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, onto the accuracy of the track; The Forza 3 and 4 version of the 'ring feel wrong to me. And I don't mean comparing it to the Gran Turismo 5 version, but actually looking at real life photos of the track. GT5 still accurately represents the 'ring better than any other racing sim, in my opinion.

I think T10 made the track the way they did because they wanted to have competitive racing on it, and that was their goal, a lot more than accurately representing the track as it is in real life. I feel like that was a bad move on their part. I mean, if 200 cars can come together, every year and drive on the track at once, how is 16 going to be a problem?

I would add maybe 40 minutes for lack of skill, standing start and opponents. But even then a racecar like a Zonda R should still be faster a Nissan GT-R? But doesn't matter, I know this is almost the same version of the track as in Forza 3. I want to drive the cars on Nordschleife and compare my laptimes to the ones done by magazines and manufacturers.

There's a video on youtube where someone accomplished a 7:35 in a Corvette ZR1 on the Nurburgring in Forza 3. Maybe you should check that one out. Although, it's quite possible that T10 may have stretched the Nuburgring a tad to compensate for the online game modes for competetive matches.

A stock Carrera GT should also be able to do 7:2X on Nordschleife. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXHC1vJ7IvA
You can also see in this Video how narrow the Ring really is and no it doesn't look like the onein Forza4. I thought Turn 10 was visiting the Nürburgring. So what have they been doing there? I was really hoping for a much improved Nordschleife and now i got this. :(

7:28 is what the fastest guy ran among us, which is pretty spot on.

actually, ring time on Forza is often closer than on GT, GT times are way too fast.

But a real ZR1 did lap the ring in 7:19. So the time is still way off. And the time should be faster in a video game, as the driver is not afraid of making a fatal mistake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nzfHPATRrU
Usually when i drive the ring in GT5 i match the Sportauto magazines times, which are of course much slower then the records but i just have mediocre skills.

Apparently you don't know what well under implies.

FYI, the fastest time in the drive this car thread for the Carrera GT is 7:28.2

What was it? Like 300 meters difference in elevation change between the highest and lowest point on this track? Going by FM4 it looks like it's all a smooth plane. I mean look at the last portion; it's simply straight.
It's totally like the Nordschleife. Just a bit more flat and wider and longer. But it's definitely 1:1, yep, sure is.
+10 points for GT5.

4 mins you mean? Allthough that would mean you allow for over a ten minute time, so i'm guessing you mean 40 seconds, kind of funny since there is more than a 40 second difference between the top hotlap time in FM3, and the 1000th place in the same car (still in the top one percent of the board). I guess the thousands of drivers even lower ranked in the same car must really suck.

I have been at the ring a few times and the version in GT5 is much closer to the original. I had really big hopes on a improved version in Forza 4. The times in a video game should be faster in a video game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zUVDJodv3w If a car touches the grass like this in real life it would likely be in involved in a accident. And a real stock Carrera GT should be faster then that.
I don't care if some very skilled guy can get near the record times in real life. I just want to be in the vicinty of 10-15 seconds with my mediocre skills and i cant do that in Forza 3 or 4.

Back