Forza 4 Not Leaked - Just a Stupid Rumor By Someone With A Rude Name.

I am still having a great time with Forza 3. I really am not ready for Forza 4 yet.

You've got another year, possibly a year and a half, so don't worry!

In fact for those of us who accept all good racing franchises, it's all working out well, last year FM3/NFS:S, this year GT5, next year FM4..

Keep them coming!!!

Well I wouldnt get your hopes up about GT5, you know how that went last year. I really dont expect it this year either. What has it been, 6 years already in development?? Anyway dont forget about Test Drive Unlimited 2. Cant wait for that game!!!

I don't know. I think someone should REALLY examine those "Forza 4" photos. On one, I saw raised writing on the tires. I'm VERY skeptical that we'll see graphics like that in a Forza game without having to have a bazillion discs or a 5 hour download.

Well I wouldnt get your hopes up about GT5, you know how that went last year. I really dont expect it this year either. What has it been, 6 years already in development?? Anyway dont forget about Test Drive Unlimited 2. Cant wait for that game!!!

I can't imagine why anyone would get excited over TDU2. From the onset of the first trailer, it seems to me very much like playing with dolls (or Barbie). I have to admit that I'm not into the whole social gaming thing which is probably why I don't get TDU. I need to be more in touch with my feminine (but not Feminist) side :)

I don't know. I think someone should REALLY examine those "Forza 4" photos. On one, I saw raised writing on the tires. I'm VERY skeptical that we'll see graphics like that in a Forza game without having to have a bazillion discs or a 5 hour download.

Looks like photomode, which usually has better graphics.

Please think before posting.👍

I'll believe it when I see it. #2 & #3 were first shown with some spectacular graphics until the actual gameplay screens came around.

Looks like a REAL car. And then they added to stupid numbers and a headsup crap around the tires to make it seem like it was in the game.

I'm guessing this is the Forza 4 discussion thread.

I just have some questions about Forza Preview:

1. When using Kinect, does the car accelerate and brake for you? I mean, is it like a slot car racer? I'm confused.

I'm guessing this is the Forza 4 discussion thread.

I just have some questions about Forza Preview:

1. When using Kinect, does the car accelerate and brake for you? I mean, is it like a slot car racer? I'm confused.
No, it won't. The only thing similar to that is the Auto Brake for new players.

I'd be amazed if Kinect actually controlled throttle inputs.

But, if you're steering with your hands, how would you accelerate and brake? It'd be kinda like a rail-racer, only you steer the vehicle.

Gas/brake are used by your feet apparently. The whole idea just seems awkward to me. Reaching into space to control something on your screen with very little precision. Particularly when people start talking about reaching out to touch things in the game world.

I think the only good use for this in Forza would be head tracking. Otherwise its kind of the same category as the Wii. There's a few things its perfect for, but its a tiny niche that doesn't translate well to most mainstream games.

You've got another year, possibly a year and a half, so don't worry!

In fact for those of us who accept all good racing franchises, it's all working out well, last year FM3/NFS:S, this year GT5, next year FM4..

Keep them coming!!!

👍

I would want to see Forza 4 released in at leased 2012, the graphics really weren't up to standard with the rest of the gameplay; I think they held the game back! I would want at least 700+ cars and 200+ tracks with vastly improved graphics. It must have damage and cockpits in all cars!

Actually they were working on Forza 4 at the same time they were working on Forza 3 ,,,

The reason for this because they knew GT5 was soon to be come out ,,,and needed a game they could put out soon after That ,,,For their Kinect

When this info was first made known on the Forza web site ( Before Forza 3 came out ) the Admins banned the person who leaked this info ,and banned him from every using Xbox live for life ...Microsoft has been working hard to Keep any more info from leaking ....And discrediting the person who Leaked this info

The rumors are true ,,,You will see Forza 4 sometime in 11

If I've seen anything from E3 this year is that Forza 4 went from simulation to arcade racer!

If Turn 10 is successful in using Kinect in a driving game it may sell big. Casual gamers are a lot easier to please and greatly outnumber hardcore gamers.

That is not Forza 4, just a pre rendered Kinect demo.
FM4 will arrive late in 11.

The actual E3 presentation was certainly pre-recorded and 'staged' (The first video), I suspect to ensure no hiccups, the live demo was then shown later behind closed doors (in the second video), lots of journo's had a go and it's on various sites.. but you are right, it wasn't said to be FM4, just a demo of ideas they'd had with Kinect.

I'm not sure what is coming out in 2011, I'd assume naturally that it's FM4, but it might be some Kinect spin-off.. The T10 team have been to a rally school, so that might hint to having some rally content in the future.

What was showed in the E3 was a vertical slice, which is a concept demo that you make to show the publisher and see if they give you the green light to go ahead with the game and its ideas.

Turn10 said that:
-next game is going to be released in 2011, a full Forza experience (Forza 4 in other words).

-Kinect events are something casual to play with your friends, Turn10 doesnt pretend to turn Forza into an arcade or that you play the whole game with kinect. Good old controller and wheels are what we are going to use.

-Kinect is going to be used to give the game more features but is not required at all, features like walking around your car, headtracking, controlling the car with kinect, etc.

------------------------

I suspect what we will have rally and weather too.

What was showed in the E3 was a vertical slice, which is a concept demo that you make to show the publisher and see if they give you the green light to go ahead with the game and its ideas.

Turn10 said that:
-next game is going to be released in 2011, a full Forza experience (Forza 4 in other words).

-Kinect events are something casual to play with your friends, Turn10 doesnt pretend to turn Forza into an arcade or that you play the whole game with kinect. Good old controller and wheels are what we are going to use.

-Kinect is going to be used to give the game more features but is not required at all, features like walking around your car, headtracking, controlling the car with kinect, etc.

------------------------

I suspect what we will have rally and weather too.

Exactly, a lot of people are afraid FM4 is going to be a FM3 on Kinect which is not true, like you said it's more to enhance the experience outside the races. Can't wait.👍

Exactly, a lot of people are afraid FM4 is going to be a FM3 on Kinect which is not true, like you said it's more to enhance the experience outside the races. Can't wait.👍
How do you know that is not true? Kinect could very well become Fm4 official wheel as it probably depends on how successful Turn 10 is with Kinect. No doubt Microsoft is pushing Kinect just like Sony pushing 3D.
If Fm4 is just a little more of Fm3 then I expect it sales will be much lower. The same with Gt6 sales will more likely be lower than Gt5 even if it has double the cars and tracks. I have a feeling both Forza 3 and Gt5 already push the HD consoles hardware close to the max. Now it going to be about adding and subtracting.

How do you know that is not true? Kinect could very well become Fm4 official wheel as it probably depends on how successful Turn 10 is with Kinect. No doubt Microsoft is pushing Kinect just like Sony pushing 3D.
If Fm4 is just a little more of Fm3 then I expect it sales will be much lower. The same with Gt6 sales will more likely be lower than Gt5 even if it has double the cars and tracks. I have a feeling both Forza 3 and Gt5 already push the HD consoles hardware close to the max. Now it going to be about adding and subtracting.

Because on their podcasts on on their own forums they've told everyone that they are still going to concentrate on their 'core' players who want simulation type gaming, and of course it'll still work with wheels..

In the forum, podcasts and weekly updates they have answer those questions, kinect is completely optional, it will add features like headtracking but its not requiered.
Dan Greenawalt said that controlling your car with kinect is not a good thing for the career mode because your arms get tired after a few minutes in thats wheel position, they are aware of this, thats why kinect controls are for this kind of minigames like passing all the slow cars you can and other things, quick things to play with your friends.

Latest Posts

Back