Forza 4 VS GT5 (read the first post before you contribute)

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 2,850 comments
Well if I'm discussing the car modelling between games related to how far they went in details and accuracy, I always will search for similar cars quality-wise. Otherwise I would be lying myself.

Is not that the picked quality of the cars to compare are rare for a premium GT, are not even the most detailed in the game. Rally cars and race cars often have more details than regular cars and rarely appear in these comparisons.

And how many times have you used a standard car from GT to do that?

The point being made is a lot of people are quite happy to include the standards when it comes to discussions of car count, but then want to exclude them from any discussion regarding modelling.

Looks like no one has read the OP, this thread has nothing to do with graphics.

Uh, it's about everything regarding these 2 games, the thread is very old and long now so the discussion right now is about car modeling (not really graphics).

Looks like no one has read the OP, this thread has nothing to do with graphics.

This thread is for comparing ALL aspects of both games (the only exception is physics since that has its own thread) and right now we're discussing car modeling consistency between the two.

Last edited:
This thread is for comparing ALL aspects of both games (the only exception is physics since that has its own thread) and right now we're discussing car modeling consistency between the two.

This 👍

This 👍

I started the thread, so I no what it was meant for. It was meant to discuss all simulation aspects, from the physics to how the game feels with a wheel. I state clealy that graphics mean nothing to sim racers, plus my thread was stared before the "physics" thread.

I started the thread, so I no what it was meant for. It was meant to discuss all simulation aspects, from the physics to how the game feels with a wheel. I state clealy that graphics mean nothing to sim racers, plus my thread was stared before the "physics" thread.

I don't see anything prohibiting the discussion of graphics. I see you stating that you're not going to discuss graphics.

There's plenty of sim racers that are appreciative of good graphics for the information and immersion that they provide. Graphics may mean nothing to you as a sim racer, but they are not irrelevant to all sim racers.

Dare I say it, at 140 pages the thread is bigger than the person who started it. It will be used for what is appropriate, and I suspect you've got a snowball's chance in hell of derailing that.

You forgot to mention how everything about 'your' thread was edited by Scaff to make this thread what it is.

What Scaff wrote is what the rules are. Also, I don't see how your opinion on graphics being unimportant should mean anything to us. We can have our opinions on whether or not graphics are important.

Plus, physics has it's own thread due to how large and complex of a subject it can be; that's not to say that it couldn't technically be discussed here though.

Either way, this thread is for a comparison of the two games but it can sway to more specific subjects of each game at any time. Even if you're technically the thread owner, I don't see how that gives you the power to tell us what we can talk about or not, especially when Scaff is the real OP now technically, and that I don't see how discussion of graphics of the two games is in any way off topic.

Last edited:
Graphics discussions are fine in this thread, and for the records its the staff who have the final say on any and all posts.

emula
if I read that Turn10 love cars and details more than other companies then I expect to see all cars ultra detailed, not 20 very detailed and all the others looking like 🤬
Turn10 didn't make the mistake twice. FM5 delivers every car in autovista mode. GT6 yet again has standard cars. I hope the developer don't use those standard cars on a PS4 GT.

Your comparison is nice, but my point was that Turn10 model everything from a car. A user posted a link, which says that PD scan the engine and so on, but i never saw it ingame. Exluding cars where you can see the engine through glass. Why hide something you have worked hours on? Doesn't make sense.

GT5 has better graphics, while FM4 is much more consistent.

Suggestion: Why don't use this thread for general Fm vs GT discussion?

Last edited:

First of all, they modeled the CAR, not the TIRE(S). Second, If I were driving that Deltawing, I would be going fast enough where you can't even see that small detail. So why even bother to point it out? I mean yeah, It doesn't look ok, but I mean really? To me, that is just pure fanboynisim. And no, I am not a Big GT fanboy, I adore FM with a passion.

You know what? I could play GT5 for hours, I won't get bored. GT5 has a fun factor. Really, I no longer give a damn about a livery editor or engine sounds - GT5 is just fun to drive.

With FM4, it's boring to drive and I have to force myself to do a Hot Lap after I'm done customizing a car. It's boring, physics suck, all that. I don't like the driving experience.

In a racing game, the driving experience is all that matters. GT5 wins for me.

You know what? I could play GT5 for hours, I won't get bored. GT5 has a fun factor. Really, I no longer give a damn about a livery editor or engine sounds - GT5 is just fun to drive.

With FM4, it's boring to drive and I have to force myself to do a Hot Lap after I'm done customizing a car. It's boring, physics suck, all that. I don't like the driving experience.

Just curious why you think the physics suck. Usually people don't have a very good reason for saying that.

So GT5 is fun to drive and FM4 isn't because you said so?

-_-

when did i say that

You didn't really give any reasoning to back up your statement of "GT5 physics are better than FM4 physics", and there's a reasonable amount of evidence floating around that FM4 is in fact a more rigorous physical simulation of driving than GT5 is.

Of course, you're more than welcome to prefer one over the other, but that's totally opinion. It's not because GT5's physics are "better", unless you want to describe how they're better (and you should probably be prepared for serious discussion of any points you raise).

Hence, "because you said so".

I don't understand that part where you said "the physics suck".

Out of curiosity, do you have assists on? SIM steering on or off? Deadzone and max range settings?

Just curious why you think the physics suck. Usually people don't have a very good reason for saying that.

Because GT.

It's funny because i didn't get into FM4 until Jan2013, i had stopped playing GT5 a month before out of boredom of the rabbit chase and virtual lack of a challenge driving the cars because there is no racing.

I agree with many of the post on this thread, It may seem strange but I actually bought a 360 a month ago just for Forza 4. My brother actually sent me a link of a youtue video where they showcase the sounds of a Honda S2000, a car I used to own.

After that I was blown away, everything from the vtec switchover was captured magnificently. I find the game very engaging and lots of fun! I love Gt5 but I don;t need fanboy goggles to know that there are aspects in Forza that surpass GT, Autovista? That is insane. The car selection as well is formidable, and I prefer cars in forza than the multitude's of Rx-7's Skyline's and Miata's in GT. there are like 10 versions of many cars with no measurable performance gain or even aesthetic change, which I find absurd. Great game for sure.

^^ Yeahh, 2 years after release it keeps me occupied and is the center of my obsession.

Just popped Dirt 3 back in today after over a year. I think D3 does suspension modelling really well...

^^ Yeahh, 2 years after release it keeps me occupied and is the center of my obsession.

Just popped Dirt 3 back in today after over a year. I think D3 does suspension modelling really well...

Yup, FM4 + Dirt 3 = entertainment for another year easily. I still have lots to do in both games.

Yeah, Forza 4 is amazing and being so good I see no reason to buy an expensive Xbone and Forza 5. I probably will buy GT6 but the horrible sounds are just such throw off after years of great sounding engines in Forza 4. In a perfect world we would have a blend of GT and FM.... but this world is certainly not perfect.

Can't believe my obsession is still going strong since the 2011 FM4 release. Devs need to bring back more titles like that, with more goodies, rather than making a few aspects pop out at the cost of less tracks and cars. *hint hint*

:lol:

redbullhangar73o.jpg

forzac.jpg

redbullhangar714.jpg

forza9u.jpg

redbullhangar717.jpg

forza3s.jpg

forza4d.jpg

redbullhangar713.jpg

forza23b.jpg

Salzburg_RedbullHangar7_LamborghiniMiuraP400BertonePrototype_C1.jpg

Maserati gran turismo