Forza 4 VS GT5 (read the first post before you contribute)

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 2,850 comments

Argument = opinion/position + supporting evidence. (What Tornado and Wolfe are doing)

Whining = opinion/position + telling people to go away when you can't prove your point or when your position is clearly false.

Im not saying I myself have never whined. But guess which of those two your posts in the thread fall under.

Furthermore, guess which one of those two is required in your posts on this forum if you want your voice to ever be listened to.

Why? I really like Autovista, because i don't have the opportunity to get so close to a Mclaren P1 for example. The mode also shows that Turn10 love cars and details more than other companys.

:lol:

redbullhangar73o.jpg

forzac.jpg

redbullhangar714.jpg

forza9u.jpg

redbullhangar717.jpg

forza3s.jpg

forza4d.jpg

redbullhangar713.jpg

forza23b.jpg

Salzburg_RedbullHangar7_LamborghiniMiuraP400BertonePrototype_C1.jpg

Maserati gran turismo

forza43n.jpg

sangimignanopiazza141.jpg

forza46.jpg

sangimignanopiazza144.jpg

forza45.jpg

sangimignanopiazza143.jpg

Aston martin DB9 Coupe

forza47.jpg

sangimignanopiazza145.jpg

forza48.jpg

sangimignanopiazza146.jpg

forza49c.jpg

sangimignanopiazza147.jpg

Jaguar XK Coupe

forza51q.jpg

sangimignanopiazza149.jpg

forza50z.jpg

sangimignanopiazza148.jpg

forza54s.jpg

sangimignanopiazza152.jpg

forza52d.jpg

sangimignanopiazza150.jpg

forza53.jpg

sangimignanopiazza151.jpg

:lol:

I think you missed the part of the title of the thread where it says "Autovista".

How many of those FM4 shots are from Autovista?

if I read that Turn10 love cars and details more than other companies then I expect to see all cars ultra detailed, not 20 very detailed and all the others looking like 🤬

however, since you want a comparison with Autovista mode against GT5 normal premium car here they are

vrqr.jpg

evfi.jpg

6pc5.jpg

838v.jpg

u7ei.jpg

7amd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if I read that Turn10 love cars and details more than other companies then I expect to see all cars ultra detailed, not 20 very detailed and all the others looking like 🤬.

Fair enough. Since you're comparing to GT5, does that mean you think PD loves cars and details more than other companies?

Myself, I don't think any of the companies love cars and details more than any other. They're companies. Their job is to make money. Individual artists may be more or less passionate about their work, but overall I think the financial position of a company is going to dominate any artistic position.

Last edited by a moderator:
That comparison surprises me a lot, I always though FM4 and GT5 were quite close in terms of car modelling! GT5 has a much nicer lighting system which makes the cars look a lot more natural, even compared to the autovista 458.

Fair enough. Since you're comparing to GT5, does that mean you think PD loves cars and details more than other companies?

Myself, I don't think any of the companies love cars and details more than any other. They're companies. Their job is to make money. Individual artists may be more or less passionate about their work, but overall I think the financial position of a company is going to dominate any artistic position.

Absolutely. I see way too much justification of Turn 10 or PD here on the basis of the amount of "passion" invested into their respective games. There is only one thing that counts as far as the companies are concerned, and that is the quality of the product that is released.

Citing "passion" of the developers is not a rational argument - the player has no idea what feelings or emotions the people working at a company have. What some in this thread are actually doing is attributing their own feelings when playing a game to the feelings of the developers.

Absolutely. I see way too much justification of Turn 10 or PD here on the basis of the amount of "passion" invested into their respective games. There is only one thing that counts as far as the companies are concerned, and that is the quality of the product that is released.

Citing "passion" of the developers is not a rational argument - the player has no idea what feelings or emotions the people working at a company have. What some in this thread are actually doing is attributing their own feelings when playing a game to the feelings of the developers.

Indeed, I couldn't agree more.

Didn't realize how detailed GT5 interiors were...:drool: really wish they would have been showcased better instead of having to glitch into the car to see them. Hopefully GT6 will give us a legit option to take pics inside car.

Compared to FM4 and even the Autovista mode, the GT5 pics hold up really well and I actually prefer them over the Forza pics. The lighting is more natural and some of the finer details are captured better in GT.

if I read that Turn10 love cars and details more than other companies then I expect to see all cars ultra detailed, not 20 very detailed and all the others looking like 🤬

Going by that logic, how would you judge a company for making 200 detailed cars, and 800 with interiors that equate to this:

black.jpg

"Passion"?

What others have said is what I agree with; too many people use "passion" as justification for their own biases.

It's always funny how people conviently leave out standard cars when comparing GT and Forza's car models.

It's always funny how people conviently leave out standard cars when comparing GT and Forza's car models.
The same could be said when the standard cars are conveniently introduced in a discussion to diminish the impact of a GT premium car over other similar car models in other games.

There are always two sides. :)

The same could be said when the standard cars are conveniently introduced in a discussion to diminish the impact of a GT premium car over other similar car models in other games.

Which is why the Premium/Standard division shouldn't exist in the first place, specially when "Premium" isn't really premium.

are you satisfied now? :D

However standard cars are cars carried from the GT4, would be as compare to car FM1 HD collection

Almost; where's the interior comparisons this time?

Regardless of when the Standards were originally modeled, the fact is they appear unaltered in a late 2010 title, and likely will do so in late 2013 too. That's nobody's fault but PD's, no matter how many qualifiers you throw at the comparison.

Ranking the games based on these details is like selecting a celebrity crush based on how they trim their nose hair.

No one here has ever disputed that a premium GT car on a premium track is one of the best looking things you will find on a console (and any that have are not taken that seriously at all), however that doesn't change the fact that at most that is representative of around 20% of content.

To ignore the vast majority of car and track models in GT in any discussion about graphical quality is to be either stupendously biased or wilfully ignorant.

Any statement that GT's modelling is better than its competitors that doesn't carry the caveat that the statement doesn't apply to even a 1/4 of the model count is being deliberately misleading.

No one here has ever disputed that a premium GT car on a premium track is one of the best looking things you will find on a console (and any that have are not taken that seriously at all), however that doesn't change the fact that at most that is representative of around 20% of content.

To ignore the vast majority of car and track models in GT in any discussion about graphical quality is to be either stupendously biased or wilfully ignorant.

Any statement that GT's modelling is better than its competitors that doesn't carry the caveat that the statement doesn't apply to even a 1/4 of the model count is being deliberately misleading.
I know that, what I said is exactly in my quote. In a fair car to car comparisson there is no need to "weight" the total graphics except not liking the results of that initial comparisson.

Is not something that you would see in a 3D modelling board but in a videogames board with two games confronted in two fences of public.

I know that, what I said is exactly in my quote. In a fair car to car comparisson there is no need to "weight" the total graphics except not liking the results of that initial comparisson.

Is not something that you would see in a 3D modelling board but in a videogames board with two games confronted in two fences of public.

That's not quite how your post came across at all, however I do understand the point your making, which is if you are comparing a single car to a single car. However lets be honest how often is a conversation limited to that alone?

The vast majority of the time its a person picking a single car to car comparison to highlight how good/better the models are in GT, now using a single car to do that is highly misleading, as GT (or any racing title for that matter - except a certain Sega one) is more than a single model.

The argument also tends to conflate the very best of GT5 Premium cars (like the F40 emula used) with being representative of the quality of all of them.

The irony of the word "fair" being used.

Amazingly, I don't see people comparing the E46 M3's, or the Clio V6 mk2, or the AW11 MR2 between games, including the interior shots. As Tornado mentioned, people tend to lock onto the better Premiums like the F40 and present that as something remotely representative of the rest of the car lineup, which it isn't. At all.

As Scaff said, nobody is even denying that Premiums look good - they look fantastic - but they're representative of a minority of the oft-quoted 1000+ cars. The majority is quite a ways behind the competition. FM has some bad models - the NA1 NSX, the 22B, the C4 Vette - but they're all at least modeled to the same general level of features (ie. multi-piece models). Ill even ignore the Autovista cars, as it was pretty apparent they were sneak peaks at the FM5 models.

I think comparing both car lineups, as a whole, with regards to model fidelity, is perfectly reasonable. PD wasn't forced to include decade old assets.

That's not quite how your post came across at all, however I do understand the point your making, which is if you are comparing a single car to a single car. However lets be honest how often is a conversation limited to that alone?

The vast majority of the time its a person picking a single car to car comparison to highlight how good/better the models are in GT, now using a single car to do that is highly misleading, as GT (or any racing title for that matter - except a certain Sega one) is more than a single model.
Well if I'm discussing the car modelling between games related to how far they went in details and accuracy, I always will search for similar cars quality-wise. Otherwise I would be lying myself.

Is not that the picked quality of the cars to compare are rare for a premium GT, are not even the most detailed in the game. Rally cars and race cars often have more details than regular cars and rarely appear in these comparisons.

Back