Forza 5 physics vs GT6 аnd other sims

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by shved111, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Symtex

Symtex

Comparing Forza to NFS does nothing for your credibility or any subsequent argument you will try to add to this thread.

UKMikey, MuoNiuLa, HAL20XX and 3 others like this.
  2. Convergent

Convergent

Forza's physics doesn't feel realistic enough, when you are "drifting" it feels like a soap sliding on a bath tub...

69Fastback, GTHEAD87 and dice1998 like this.
  3. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Not for me it doesn't, drifting isn't a good example anyway, there are too many variables (weight/power/tyres/suspension)

4. Symtex

Symtex

What he means is that he like the GT super power gripping comfort tire that stick more to the road than slick tire in real life.

5. ildd

ildd

I don't think you've played GT6 yet.

fortbo, GTHEAD87, Nikked and 2 others like this.
  6. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Or in other words....it doesn't feel like GT :lol:

King1982 and BoneSawTX like this.
  7. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

GT, couldn't be happier to give that half baked driving game up. Driving my car and the 2002 SS in Fm5 gives all the same characteristics, lift off over steer, the body roll, the amount of grip the stock and softer tires are spot on to what I have experienced.

King1982 and Fezz_ST like this.
  8. Convergent

Convergent

I respect your opinion, but to me Forza is like an arcade game.

GTHEAD87 and dice1998 like this.
  9. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Other than your opinion on drifting.....why?

10. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Ok, so after 4 posts, care to give an actual explanation behind your opinion beyond soap in a bathtub (twice you've used that comparison that doesn't really say anything)?

I'd typically disregard your opinion since you chose to compare Forza to an arcade game (the easiest way to sniff out bias), but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

FordGTGuy, UKMikey, MuoNiuLa and 4 others like this.
  11. VXR

VXR

I'd accept Forza is an arcade game if staunch GT players accept the total lack of lift-off oversteer makes it anything but an accurate simulation.

12. Parker

Parker

Out of the console games I feel Gran Turismo 6 has the most realistic physics. Yes there are some things Forza 5 does better but as an overall package I give the nod to GT6.

Personally, I really couldn't care less which game is more realistic as long as I'm having fun. They're both close enough in realism that any differences is generally personal preference, what really kills the games for me though is the community. I come to these forums to talk about some of my favorite games and 90% of the time it is people jumping down someone elses throat for having a different opinion or someone else baiting by comparing the games to Need for Speed.

I've been having a blast with Assetto Corsa too, if you're a PC guy you should definitely pick up that one. If you prefer to do more than hotlap you should probably wait until the full release though.

nik0s and ildd like this.
  13. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

There are lots of things that keep GT out of the simulation circle, Lift off oversteer and torque steer but to name only 2

FordGTGuy, King1982 and VXR like this.
  14. Symtex

Symtex

Reality vs perceive reality. You talk about what "feel" and we are trying to discuss about empirical data. If FM5 simulate more aspect of a vehicle in motion than its more of a simulation than GT6. There is plenty of information on this forum that shows how more aspect of the driving in FM5 is simulated compare to GT series

King1982 and Fezz_ST like this.
  15. Parker

Parker

Okay. If I'm looking for a realistic driving game I'd rather one feel more realistic even if the data suggest otherwise. I'll be enjoying both games anyways so I suppose I get the best of both worlds.

16. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Ignoring the last part (because I'm the same, I have both) can you honestly say that Forza doesn't simulate physics (like lift off oversteer, torque steer, power slides) better than GT?

Take an EP3 an Civic Type R in both games and power on while turning into the corner and lift off the throttle with steering lock still applied and see what happens

17. Parker

Parker

As I said in my first post, there are some things I feel like Forza simulates better and some things Gran Turismo simulates better. In the end all that really matters to me personally is the feeling I get from the games and I feel like I get a more realistic driving experience from GT6.

18. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

I agree, it's personal preference, but you're also not denying that Forza is the superior when it comes to physics, it's the people who have never driven a car in anger (or at all) who would argue to the death that GT has and always will be the better simulator and then can't give a plausible reason as to why they believe that.

19. King1982

King1982 (Banned)

So how come ever since Forza 2 T10's games have had more visible and invisible simulation variables?
    Forza 4 was already better than Gt5 and imo would still beat gt6 (look at the scores), FM5 goes even further on what was already a solid foundation. Too even call Forza arcade is already a good reason not to even argue with you any further. You speak much, but say little.

UKMikey, MuoNiuLa and Fezz_ST like this.
  20. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Good luck proving total lack of lift-off oversteer in GT6.

GTHEAD87 likes this.
  21. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

22. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

So how did you prove it.

23. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

By driving a car that should have lift off over steer and being flabbergasted as to why it didn't happen

mister dog likes this.
  24. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Which car was it and have you driven the MR cars? That should show there is lift-off oversteer in game at least, not a total lack of it.

GTHEAD87 likes this.
  25. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

And I think you need to refrain from telling people where to go.

You came in to the Forza forums, not the other way around.

juanluiz21 and Imari like this.
  26. Convergent

Convergent

Not to be rude, but this is a Gran Turismo website.

GTHEAD87 and dice1998 like this.
  27. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Clio Sport and Honda Fit, haven't driven any MR cars, I don't believe they would suffer the degree of Lift off oversteer that an FF car would, since you know, there is a much greater weight over the rear axle.

And you're in the Forza section of it

McLaren and BoneSawTX like this.
  28. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Which is combined with the remains of ForzaPlanet.

Even if it weren't there's still no grounds for you to tell anyone where they should go to talk about a game.

29. Convergent

Convergent

But the website mainly covers GT

Why not?

Do you have a Fanatec wheel?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
    dice1998 likes this.
  30. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

To put it simply, this is a community that covers far more than one game - even if that game is in the namesake of the website. Do you go in to the Console & PC Gaming forum and tell them to stop talking about things that aren't related to GT? No, and if you did you'd get a similar interaction to this one.

And another thing, knock off the multiple posting. Use the edit button.

UKMikey, BoneSawTX and HAL20XX like this.