Forza 5's woeful lighting and how it backfired

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by TonyJZX, Mar 26, 2015.

1. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

Ok find me a game with the same features in old gen consoles

2. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

:lol: really? That's what you're pulling now? I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to prove.

3. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

It is 1080p 60 fps with good phusics like gt or not?
    By the way it doesn't look even closer to gt graphics

4. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

What you are asking for, not even GT achieves, so why are you asking for others in comparison?

5. TrevorPhilips

TrevorPhilips

*Asks for 1440x1080 at 60fps, gets 1280x720 at 30fps..... :lol:

Vspectra and driver_34_ like this.
  6. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

it doesn' have even dynamic lightning and 60fps

7. Ialyrn

Ialyrn

So you are saying that GT6 isnt even running true 1080p, just a resolution that is close to it when displayed on a full HD screen? That is pretty bad considering the frame rate isn't consistent, even when everything is set to run at 720p on a basic HD ready display.

Neither does GT6, nor GT5 before it. As the frame rates fluctuate on a constant basis, even when rain and night racing isn't even a factor.

UKMikey, Zelalem and ImaRobot like this.
  8. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

The fanboys are very strange

9. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

He asked, as if the game he was comparing it to achieves the things he asked for. He also asked for a game showing features he was talking about(weather), not technical prowess.

Oh the irony here :lol:

UKMikey, BoneSawTX and Ialyrn like this.
  10. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

If you're going to resort to name-calling, you'll find your time here short.

You're asking for something GT itself doesn't achieve. If you want to continue this obvious GT vs FM discussion, take it to the appropriate thread.

Zelalem and Ialyrn like this.
  11. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Forza 5 Thread, Day 149: Good lord this thread is making less and less sense every day.

I can't number in the morning.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    fortbo likes this.
  12. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

It is very normal that with all that partycicle effects to stay at stable 60 fps. Remember that ps3 have only 256 mb
    at Imarobot i just asked to bring me a game with the same features and he bring me a game that just doesnt have at all 1440x1080p and doesnt reach 60fps and dynamic lights.

I don't think this isn't dynamic

13. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Whatever you asked for doesn't matter, because you're already ignoring the fact that GT can not achieve the things you asked for. I can show you a potato and it'll be as relevant to this conversation as anything else.

I'll one up you; Show me a game that achieves 1440x1080p AND 60fps with these features, on any console to date.

14. TrevorPhilips

TrevorPhilips

What?... He said find him a game that runs at 1440x1080 at 60fps using only 256mb of RAM using dynamic lighting. (it's all there, go check!)

I just found it funny you offered up that, which bares no relevance to what he asked for. The smug tone in your post is what made me laugh the most. :lol:

Whether GT achieves all this is another question. A question I'll leave to you guys to slog out. :tup:

driver_34_ likes this.
  15. driver_34_

driver_34_ (Banned)

I asked him to bring me a game with 1440x1080. I don't think pgr4 has that resolution and framerate

GT does run with 1440x1080p and 60fps

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
  16. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Okay, let's come at this from a different perspective:

Does any of this have anything to do with Forza Motorsport 5? No. Does it even have anything to do with Forza Motorsport at all? No.

It ends. Now.

fortbo likes this.
  17. Vspectra

Vspectra

Those GT6 pics are in-game, I took them using CFW. You can even see the dithering on the vegetation.

EDIT - just read Terronium's post.

driver_34_ likes this.
  18. Speedster911

Speedster911

Hey, you're right, as usual. You win the popularity contest yet again. Please note how many times "you" is used in your response. I'm a little tired of the finger-pointing and nitpicking every little thing I say and how you're holding me accountable, so to speak.

I am certainly not accountable to anyone here, neither do I owe anyone any explanation at all. Good luck digesting that.

Cheers.

Name-calling? Where? Can you point out?

Precisely... precisely. Sheesh, some people!

driver_34_ likes this.
  19. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Except for the fact that you do if you're going to make such claims. The odd thing I'm having trouble wrapping my head around is, is that I'm having a conversation with you so why wouldn't I point you out directly?

Popularity contest? I see how you're approaching things now.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  20. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Which part of you initiated the debate don't you understand? You're making out that people are picking on you and they aren't.

It's probably best to not bring things up if you don't want to have to prove your point!

I get the feeling that this thread was created with gt6's lighting in mind. I think it's less "forza 5 has woeful lighting", and more "gt6 just has exceptional lighting" as I definitely wouldn't say fm5's lighting is bad. It's the best of the fm series.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  21. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Bad, no, but the god rays are unbelievably obnoxious.

22. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

It looks like they're toning that down in fm6.

also, I don't remember the lighting looking this good at long beach in fm5

bmw_m4igq8r.jpg

23. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

The only thing wrong with the lighting on Long Beach was that it was just too damn bright :lol: You can manage to find that spot in the settings for good photos, but it was hard.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VXR, dice1998, Zelalem and 2 others like this.
  24. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

What part of ending this conversation, one that has nothing to do with the topic, didn't you understand the first time I said it?

25. Speedster911

Speedster911

Hmm, I should have read the forum rules better then at the time I registered; don't really recall anywhere I HAVE to prove my point if others disagree with it or find it questionable.

FM5's lighting is the best of the series.. though.. scroll down to my second response..

I'm impressed..I hope that isn't photo-mode lighting in action and the game's actual lighting. It definitely looks toned down to achieve a more photo-realistic look. Love it. Can't wait to take FM6 for a spin.

26. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

You have to provide evidence for a claim if you are going to say it as a fact. Not just because someone disagrees with you. If you don't want people to question your points then stop stirring the pot.

I'm also wondering this. When done in the past, have the photo's been sourced as photomode or actual in-game visuals?

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  27. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Is there a difference between photo mode and gameplay? I haven't noticed.

28. Ialyrn

Ialyrn

You can change the brightness, contrast and exposure in photomode, so you can sort of make the lighting what you want. To a point anyway.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  29. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Oh right, so it's more about how the photo can be adjusted to look better.

30. Speedster911

Speedster911

No, I don't have to, I really don't.. :lol::lol: :rolleyes:

Stirring the pot...?! :lol:

Alright... can we now move on, please? :D