Forza 5's woeful lighting and how it backfired

• Thread starter TonyJZX
  • 167 comments
No, I don't have to, I really don't.. :lol::lol: :rolleyes:

Except for the fact that you do.
Since its concrete, you shouldn't have a problem providing proof. Have a read of the AUP while you're at it.
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
So yes, it is up to you to show us that you aren't just throwing crap at us. You make claims, you prove them true. That's just how it works.

Stirring the pot...?! :lol:
Yes, is that confusing to you?

Alright... can we now move on, please? :D
If you'd like it to stop, then stop replying to me with questions.

The way you interact with people is the reason you get the replies you get. Its also the fact that you instead choose to act like a child when someone tries to discuss something with you, and still continue to do so even when pointed out that you're wrong.

Anyways, now that we're done with that drivel, I will say something. They certainly did something with reflections, as the ones on that M4 look much smoother and acceptable.

• You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

No, I don't have to, I really don't..

As you can see in the AUP, by posting up a claim and not providing any additional information on when or how it happens, video or photo graphic evidence of it happening, or even citing an additional source for said information. Then the remarks you make in regards to something, and present those as hard core facts. Could and can quite easily be seen as "false, misleading, or inaccurate". So in regards to this sites AUP, you really do have to provide proof over your claims. Especially if they are regarding a potential issue or inaccuracy within something, and more so if that is something you believe needs more exposure. Since you are the one who brought it up about the suspension modeling and steering ratios of the cars in Forza in this thread, then it is emphatically up to you to provide the proof to back up your claims. It is not up to us who respond to your claims to have to provide any potential proof to your own claims.

Edit: And as to responding to yourself in here, this is the last time about this specific issue. The Mods have already told us to stop spamming this thread with non-related topics of discussion. So if you wish to continue this, then please start a PM with me.

Last edited:
Anyways, now that we're done with that drivel, I will say something. They certainly did something with reflections, as the ones on that M4 look much smoother and acceptable.
I'm not too sure but it seems like they have. If so, I quite like it. :) There was a little comparison someone did with FM6 and FM5, but I'm not sure who did it.

I'm not too sure but it seems like they have. If so, I quite like it. :) There was a little comparison someone did with FM6 and FM5, but I'm not sure who did it.

It will be interesting to see what they have done with the lighting in FM6, especially with the added effects for night time racing, or racing int he rain. Not to mention the increase in the amount of cars on track.

Except for the fact that you do.

So yes, it is up to you to show us that you aren't just throwing crap at us. You make claims, you prove them true. That's just how it works.

Yes, is that confusing to you?

If you'd like it to stop, then stop replying to me with questions.

The way you interact with people is the reason you get the replies you get. Its also the fact that you instead choose to act like a child when someone tries to discuss something with you, and still continue to do so even when pointed out that you're wrong.

Knowingly.. it says "knowingly" post... pay more attention next time.

No, it isn't confusing..just interesting, your choice of words. Some folks here really are very sensitive about their opinions.

"You you you... you"... okay, I get it. You done with the finger-pointing?

Yeah, I'm wrong...I'll paint a nice little banner for you and post it here too.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

As you can see in the AUP, by posting up a claim and not providing any additional information on when or how it happens, video or photo graphic evidence of it happening, or even citing an additional source for said information. Then the remarks you make in regards to something, and present those as hard core facts. Could and can quite easily be seen as "false, misleading, or inaccurate". So in regards to this sites AUP, you really do have to provide proof over your claims. Especially if they are regarding a potential issue or inaccuracy within something, and more so if that is something you believe needs more exposure. Since you are the one who brought it up about the suspension modeling and steering ratios of the cars in Forza in this thread, then it is emphatically up to you to provide the proof to back up your claims. It is not up to us who respond to your claims to have to provide any potential proof to your own claims.

Edit: And as to responding to yourself in here, this is the last time about this specific issue. The Mods have already told us to stop spamming this thread with non-related topics of discussion. So if you wish to continue this, then please start a PM with me.

Ummm, no thanks.

Cheers.

It will be interesting to see what they have done with the lighting in FM6, especially with the added effects for night time racing, or racing int he rain. Not to mention the increase in the amount of cars on track.
Agreed Ialyrn. 👍 Who knows, the difference will be magnificent! :D

Knowingly.. it says "knowingly" post... pay more attention next time.
I did pay attention. A counter point was posted, so now you are in the know. You then decided to cover your ears and ignore it like a child, and then afterwards say that you don't have to back up anything. How do you not know, when you posted it?

No, it isn't confusing..just interesting, your choice of words. Some folks here really are very sensitive about their opinions.
Yes, it especially shows after you where questioned about, and then decided that everyone was attacking you :lol:

It really makes everything appear a lot smoother. If you look at the reflections in the Civic I posted from the same track, the reflections look a bit weird.

I agree. I want to see it directly on my TV, as these video's just aren't doing it justice!

Wow, that was a strange read! I have to agree that FM5's lighting wasn't great in places. But's that a T10 thing, new feature, lets make it so that no one can miss it exists, unfortunately that normally leads to it being in your face and unnatural, 3D puddles ahem!

If we are all totally honest though, it's probably best to just forget 5 ever existed and hope that 6 is a proper return to form ;)

It really makes everything appear a lot smoother. If you look at the reflections in the Civic I posted from the same track, the reflections look a bit weird.
I've just taken a look at the reflections on your Civic and you're indeed right. The FM6 one also looks somewhat smoother and the shadows are brighter. Makes you wonder how it will look at night. :)

I did pay attention. A counter point was posted, so now you are in the know. You then decided to cover your ears and ignore it like a child, and then afterwards say that you don't have to back up anything. How do you not know, when you posted it?

Yes, it especially shows after you where questioned about, and then decided that everyone was attacking you :lol:

I agree. I want to see it directly on my TV, as these video's just aren't doing it justice!

No.. apparently, YOU are the only one who's having trouble letting this go. :lol:

Move on man. Add something worthwhile to the discussion instead of nitpicking what people should say or shouldn't.

Geez. :boggled:

Apparently, you still don't get this. I'll make it easier:

Add something worthwhile to the discussion...

When someone makes a claim, presents it as fact, and provides no evidence to back it up, that's precisely what they're not doing. Playing the victim card, throwing out insults, or any other move other than providing any sort of proof is not adding anything worthwhile to the discussion.

Either back up your claims, or don't present them as fact. This isn't optional, nor is it up for debate.

No.. apparently, YOU are the only one who's having trouble letting this go. :lol:

Move on man. Add something worthwhile to the discussion instead of nitpicking what people should say or shouldn't.

Geez. :boggled:
For someone that apparently doesn't have time To reply, you sure do reply a lot about it. Apparently you missed the part were you're the only one not adding anything to the actual topic :lol:

Letting it go? I could, but why? You keep replying to me so I'm just returning the favor ;)

I will say it's kind of confusing that one would go out of their way to come onto a forum and say they dislike something, but then not be willing to justify.

That generally means they don't know what they're talking about and full of it, or 6 years old.

When someone makes a claim, presents it as fact, and provides no evidence to back it up, that's precisely what they're not doing. Playing the victim card, throwing out insults, or any other move other than providing any sort of proof is not adding anything worthwhile to the discussion.

Either back up your claims, or don't present them as fact. This isn't optional, nor is it up for debate.

I see plenty of people doing that here, yet you don't seem to give them constant reminders.

That generally means they don't know what they're talking about and full of it, or 6 years old.

I don't have time for this nonsense. And if that makes me a 6 year old, so be it.

I will say it's kind of confusing that one would go out of their way to come onto a forum and say they dislike something, but then not be willing to justify.

What a strange thing to say; I've never gone out of my way to post here. I just post when I feel like it.

Though it's starting to feel more like a presidential debate than a gaming forum.

"You didn't prove anything, you can't prove anything; you didn't present facts and PROVE yourself, which by default makes us right. You suck and don't deserve to be among us stiff uppity class folks" *Giant finger pointing in my direction*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
I see plenty of people doing that here, yet you don't seem to give them constant reminders.
Point them out, please. If that's how you feel then it should be easy for you to find these posts and discuss them.

Or do you not have time still?

Back