Forza 6 News Incoming?

I sure hope so but even F5 has headlights. But no night racing. So when it comes to Forza marketing, you never truly know what we are going to get.

Hoping for....

1. Night Day racing
2. Weather
3. Auction House
4. Storefront
5. WAY more cars. Closer to the count in F4.
6. A lot more tracks. Closer to the count in F4.
Night and weather could happen knowing that Microsoft's last two SDK updates allowed games to be boosted up from 720p -> 900p or 900P -> to 1080p, while keeping its frame rate .

I'm probably going to be getting an XB1 with my tax return (along with FM5 and FH2), so the fact the new Ford GT will be in it is a major plus.

The only thing that sucks is that I will more than likely be using a new gamertag so if Forza still has the rewards thing going I will have to start from point 0.

The only thing that sucks is that I will more than likely be using a new gamertag so if Forza still has the rewards thing going I will have to start from point 0.

Why not just change the Gamertag for your current profile? You'd still keep your Rewards score.

Why not just change the Gamertag for your current profile? You'd still keep your Rewards score.

The problem is that I actually like my GT but couldn't remember what email I used when I first joined XBL. I got it sorted out after a few more tries though.:cheers:

If you would like to add me, my Gamertag is RokkitShipp (don't expect any activity for awhile though as it can take awhile to get tax refunds even if you file them right away:lol:).

The problem is that I actually like my GT but couldn't remember what email I used when I first joined XBL. I got it sorted out after a few more tries though.:cheers:

If you would like to add me, my Gamertag is RokkitShipp (don't expect any activity for awhile though as it can take awhile to get tax refunds even if you file them right away:lol:).
Xbox One?

Hard to believe that the gestation period of the GT series would not bring a more finished game, I like the track count but there are some other things that are so not to like. And one new VGT a month is just not enough to placate me. I am hopeful that they will get better though as I like choices, but GT6 is a game that I just don't play anymore. The Forza series, while not perfect, is much more to my liking. I hope Forza6 features more tracks than we had in Forza4.

Well it is supposed to be release this year, would be nice to actually see it

I wouldn't say "supposed" so much as "supposedly." The only place I've seen anything resembling such a date is that interview wherein Kaz says "By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.” "2015 or 2016" is a pretty massive time span. It covers 731 days, in fact. That's remarkably vague. It's essentially saying "sometime." If he can't narrow it down to something more precise than a range of 731 days, he actually has no clue at all and is just bending over and talking out his butt like Ace Ventura.

There's absolutely no way on Earth PD can buy up enough competence to get GT7 onto store shelves by the end of this year. I wouldn't even put faith in it being here by the end of 2016. It took them three years just to get a second PS3 installation out, and now we're talking PS4. I'd figure 2017 might be plausible; not certain but potentially.

After seeing what an exemplary job was done with the day/night textures in FH2, I can;t fathom why F6 would not have some sort of dynamic lighting. I have the strange feeling that we will be seeing something amazing from turn 10.

The dirt physics from FH2 for rally racing? I think so, maybe even snow, mud? Something akin to WRC cars is not out of scope, I shudder to think of the possibilities!

After seeing what an exemplary job was done with the day/night textures in FH2, I can;t fathom why F6 would not have some sort of dynamic lighting. I have the strange feeling that we will be seeing something amazing from turn 10.

The dirt physics from FH2 for rally racing? I think so, maybe even snow, mud? Something akin to WRC cars is not out of scope, I shudder to think of the possibilities!
The problem is fh1 had day to night and dirt roads, but that didn't make it to fm5. I'm not saying we won't get them for fm6, but just don't expect the features to be here 100% guaranteed just because they've already done them.

The problem is fh1 had day to night and dirt roads, but that didn't make it to fm5. I'm not saying we won't get them for fm6, but just don't expect the features to be here 100% guaranteed just because they've already done them.
Done them on the good old 360 is not the same as on the one. After FH1 they went directly to the next gen console and now, with FH2 they also have a next gen base to work with for Forza 6.

Forza 5 runs 1080p at 60fps, Forza Horizon 2 runs 1080p at 30fps. I wouldn't get your hopes up about time change and weather in FM6. After playing FH2 since it came out and switching back to FM5 a week ago, I could actually see the difference and it threw me off for an hour or so.

I'd like to see time change in FM6, rain was cool the first 5 mins in other games then just annoying to me after that. I don't see it happening at the cost of frame rate.

Done them on the good old 360 is not the same as on the one. After FH1 they went directly to the next gen console and now, with FH2 they also have a next gen base to work with for Forza 6.
I really doubt it's got anything to do with different consoles

@BoneSawTX don't write it off just yet. Microsoft have released a dev kit freeing up an extra core of power for developers. Plus, optimising and all that.... ;)

The changes from FH1 couldn't be used with FM5, because T10 created an engine from scratch. We know that the engine supports weather and day/night cycle this time, since FH2 supported it. I believe T10 even said that they will use some improvements PG has made to the engine in FM6. I will search for the interview and add it here.

This doesn't mean weather will be in FM6, because Motorsport has to run with smooth 60FPS, but i am still confident that T10 will achieve it. As you have said the software of the console evolved and i am sure the engine from T10 did evolve, too.

+

It was a french interview and i used google translator to read it, because i don't speak french. Here it is. Worth to read in my opinion 👍

Last edited:
Seems like Turn 10 will make drastic improvements to the FM engine for 6, from the sound of it. Having that 7th core opened up will really be a boon for games like this. Really looking forward to seeing more FM6 news later on this year. In the mean time, there's Xbox One news tomorrow via the Windows 10 event that I'm excited about.

Motorsports-line handling on the Horizon-line rain would be mind blowing. Just the thought of how precise you'd have to be if it still responds like the cars do in 5 is getting my mind going.

I think ATM, with the Xbone hardware a 1080p/60fps FM6 might have time change, but I don't think weather.
And even then, I don't think dynamic time either.

From what I read here it seems the Xbone is already struggling to handle all the next gen features at once? It's been out only a year :eek:

From what I read here it seems the Xbone is already struggling to handle all the next gen features at once? It's been out only a year :eek:

It is sad to see a console that performed so friggin' well the previous gen struggling to keep up with PS4 games running at a native 1080p + rock solid 60 fps.

Just sad man. I was expecting the Xboner to be really powerful this time around; even the previous gen Sony's hardware was more powerful, though devs weren't really able to exploit all that power.

I wonder if T10 will ever be generous enough to make Forza multi-plat some day. Probably not, since Microsoft calls the shots.

Well, tough luck. I might have to give up on Forza for good unless MS finds a way to boost the hardware to keep it head to head with the PS4 at least. But then again, I may be speaking too soon.

Let's see what FM6 brings to the table, and I hope it won't be rushed and half-a**ed like FM5.

P.S: While we're on the subject, I wasn't really expecting yet another Motorsport game where everything else looks pretty, while the smoke effects are still cartoony and the animated wheel moves unrealistically.

T10 needs to up their game in a few areas. Unless the hardware's holding them back, in which case, I'll cut em' a little slack.

It is sad to see a console that performed so friggin' well the previous gen struggling to keep up with PS4 games running at a native 1080p + rock solid 60 fps.

Just sad man. I was expecting the Xboner to be really powerful this time around; even the previous gen Sony's hardware was more powerful, though devs weren't really able to exploit all that power.

I wonder if T10 will ever be generous enough to make Forza multi-plat some day. Probably not, since Microsoft calls the shots.

Well, tough luck. I might have to give up on Forza for good unless MS finds a way to boost the hardware to keep it head to head with the PS4 at least. But then again, I may be speaking too soon.

Let's see what FM6 brings to the table, and I hope it won't be rushed and half-a**ed like FM5.

P.S: While we're on the subject, I wasn't really expecting yet another Motorsport game where everything else looks pretty, while the smoke effects are still cartoony and the animated wheel moves unrealistically.

T10 needs to up their game in a few areas. Unless the hardware's holding them back, in which case, I'll cut em' a little slack.
Name one ps4 game that is 1080p 60 for that's not a remaster or mgs gz. None have an absolute locked 60 like forza 5 going by digital foundry.

Last edited:
Name one ps4 game that is 1080p 60 for that's not a remaster or msg gz. None have an absolute locked 60 like forza 5 going by digital foundry.
Project cars is now 60 fps on ps4, still struggling to get that on xb1.

I like the xbox one, buts it's just clear the ps4 has more power. But in the end it's what games are released on what console that matters.

Back