Forza 6 Photo thread

My new twitchmobile.:lol:
GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Last edited:
Clark its all about lighting and angle. Try not to take shot from shadow side. You don't want the dark side of the car as you tend to lose a lot of the detail. Also watch where you place the focus point. To get the best photos make sure your focus is on the object you want to stand out. For example the last photo you took I would have focus on the centre of the BMW been the right back taillight. This way your car wouldn't have been out of focus. To get a sense of speed you want the environment to show you going fast not the car. The out of focus car just looks amateurish(sorry) You want the car to stand out not its surroundings. See this shot I took, it shows the Lambo is moving fast but the car is is still clearly focused Only the wheel on the vehicle give you that sense of speed as well as the track side.
fKlBDJM.jpg

Be careful of using Aperture feature it can destroy a photo. Aperture is how much light is entered into the lens. Try not to use it as in Forza it give a shake effect if not done right with other features so for now stay away from it. Concentrate on using Focus and Shutter speed.

I do the last shot with the car deliberately out of focus :P

From @CAMAROBOY69's thread:

I agree about having a specific rumble strip photo thread. Also a scenery thread. I am sure it wont be long before the mods have the sub forums available.
I wonder whether the guess the car competition will make a return. With so many vehicles to choose from in FM6 it'll be super tough.

I personally use anywhere from 7 to 22 sepia, although you can typically get away with the lower end of that scale in 6.

I use a vignette of about 25 to darken the edges to broadly mimic aspherical distortion at the outer edges of a camera lens. It's not distortion, but because it's there you realise something is different.

@Clark I would say instead if staying away from aperture, try actually messing with it instead. Aperture doesn't effect lighting in photomode, nor does the other settings effect it. all it does is isolates the focal point of the picture while blurring out things far(or close) in the background. The amount needed will depend on how far or close you are to the car.

I try to keep my contrast and brightness relative, if you change one it's likely you'd have to change the other, unless you're trying to get creative. Exposure depend entirely on the track. Focus would only come in to play if you want to manual insert the area of focus, otherwise you can just press x. Color I tend to leave in 50-60, and sometimes to throw in a little bit of sepia if I'm aiming for more realism.

As far as your pictures go, they seem fine, only thing missing would be aperture.

20791007573_cde9e375df_c.jpg

20791007733_0f0dcb9c94_c.jpg

21412093165_a5981df0d1_c.jpg

21385849936_5819092627_c.jpg

21420512961_47ef3b033d_c.jpg

I work selling batteries and am actually on break right now, and the detail they put into the batteries in this game is actually pretty cool.

Back